The Minor Improvments Thread

Re: The Minor Improvments Thread

i think it would be an improvement if the "youth team" part of your squad list was changed to "second team" there by allowing you to move over players that are over the age of 21 into it

i mean there's no actual built in youth competitions so to me its kind of useless to call it a youth team, the only benefical part of it is the fact that it allows you to separate the players you don't use as much, so why not alter it slightly to then be able to use it to its full potential.

which imo would make it more useful because it allow's you to then move over say any lower rated older than 21yrs old players too, like cup players for instance or those mid range utility players who only make a showing when you've been struck by the dreaded "nmf" logo

making your first team squad actually your first team, not your first team squad plus anyone over 21

• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

They leave the major improvements to themselves to mess up. Plus, I don't even think they listen to any "minor" suggestions either. It's been so negative on here, twitter, and whatever media

Re: The Minor Improvments Thread No bug your squad tells you the players current fitness & on the tactics page the fitness rating is what is the players projected fitness for the next game.

i think it would be an improvement if the "youth team" part of your squad list was changed to "second team" there by allowing you to move over players that are over the age of 21 into it

i mean there's no actual built in youth competitions so to me its kind of useless to call it a youth team' date=' the only benefical part of it is the fact that it allows you to separate the players you don't use as much, so why not alter it slightly to then be able to use it to its full potential.

which imo would make it more useful because it allow's you to then move over say any lower rated older than 21yrs old players too, like cup players for instance or those mid range utility players who only make a showing when you've been struck by the dreaded "nmf" logo

making your first team squad actually your first team, not your first team squad plus anyone over 21

[/font']

Couldn't agree more :)

An advanced cheating detection system, so fed up of my 3 part transfers getting reversed because one side is unfair on one manager whereas the other 2 sides are unfair in the opposition direction. It balances out over all but the SMFA don't detect that, all it takes is another player to flag up one part of the trade and all 3 get reversed. Does my head in!

One thing that bugs me but is very insignificant:

Match Fitness:

It's extremely unrealistic that players get tired and cannot play every single match.

I suggest:

Match fitness should stay, but younger players shouldn't be able to play a lot whereas normal-old players should be able to play more. (almost every game IMO)

If this makes it easy and no squad depth is needed it'd be a lot more realistic to increase the likelihood of injuries

I know this won't affect results but It's a small thing that has been bugging me as it is extremely unrealistic.

Players like Marc Albrighton we've seen play a lot the first 20 games or so last season and after that had no more contribution in Villa, as he is only 21 and needs to rest.

Players like Wayne Rooney should be playing week in week out unless injured, these older more experienced players.

Improvement:

There should be a formula for match fitness relating age and match fitness and minutes played, with younger players being able to tolerate less minutes.

Injuries should be increased so it's more likely to get an injury, IRL it's around 1 a game. Minor ones usually which keeps a player sidelined for 1-2 games and occasionally throw in a major injury, of course this depends on tackling style.

Ok this is a minor thing but it bugs me as it's implemented wrong.

In the top goal scorers chart, the "Appearances per Goal Ratio" needs to be changed to "Goals per Appearances". This way the number actually becomes more useful and shows a statistic that means more to the manager.

Example:

Currently it's like this: Messi - 20 goals - 15 appearances - Ratio: 0.75 (15apps/20goals)

However, it should be: Messi - 20 goals - 15 appearances - Ratio: 1.33 (20goals/15apps)

This is how it works in the real world and it would make more sense to have it like this on SM as well.

Thanks! :)

Ok this is a minor thing but it bugs me as it's implemented wrong.

In the top goal scorers chart' date=' the "Appearances per Goal Ratio" needs to be changed to "Goals per Appearances". This way the number actually becomes more useful and shows a statistic that means more to the manager.

[b']Example:[/b]

Currently it's like this: Messi - 20 goals - 15 appearances - Ratio: 0.75 (15apps/20goals)

However, it should be: Messi - 20 goals - 15 appearances - Ratio: 1.33 (20goals/15apps)

This is how it works in the real world and it would make more sense to have it like this on SM as well.

Thanks! :)

agree. i want to know that messi scores more than a goal a game instead of knowing it takes him 3/4 or 75% of a game to score.

Tried to search for suggestion-but did not find results; so here goes

How about players involved in Part Exchange deals are highlighted in the squad lists and/or removed from the drop down list (like loaned/TB players) when offering other players in other deals.

This would increase the efficiency of doing transfers and since many players invest in risers and use P/E would benefit a lot of players.

Why has searching on the transfer market changed so that lowest rating is displayed first?

I think' date=' a minor improvement, would be to revert this back to how it was. e.g. highest rated first.

Why would we want to see low rated players over high rated players? :confused:[/quote']

yeah noticed this a few days ago and made a thread about it but it got buried pretty quickly, plus i probably posted my query in the wrong place to boot:p

but back to the point in hand i really don't see the benefit in setting the transfer market up like this at all.

but if it is a bug or whatever can whoever fixes these things maybe have a bash at this issue too because really the transfer aspect of this game is really the biggest part i enjoy about the game, well until maybe the match engine is updated so it actually takes into account little things like player fitness when it comes around to match days that is

I think 30days log in time for a new managers is too long. Let me explain with a little bit.

Many managers join when the new season start, especially those new comer with only 40/41 RP. >90% of them give up and not log in after that, thus this manager will occupy the team without actually managing them. Sometime, those clubs are good clubs that other existing managers want to takeover. Sometime, those team have players that existing managers want to buy. Sometime, those cheating managers create multiple accounts of these and just leave it there when their cheating transfer success or not success.

I wish to suggest 7days log in time for managers whose have <45 RP and 14days log in time for 45-50RP and 21days for 50-100RP and 30days for manager >100RP. Since you won't log in once for so long if you really seriously want to play.

I wish to suggest reopen those closed gameworld and pay for owning them to maximize the use of the resource. Also more history show instead of past 3 seasons match record or past 10 seasons table record.

I also suggest those managers have reversed transfer/cheating/multiple account record should have transfer ban and ban for joining other gameworlds at least for sometim

^^^

SM Tweeted that the iphone app will be out early 2012.

I'm here to ask if there would be anyway we could search for players who either are at unmanaged or external clubs. It would make things easier.

the added search option for external teams would be a massive help imo' date=' mentioned it a few pages back myself i think, mainly this would help with the gold champ's more than anything i reckon because when you manage in afew of them it does sometimes get confusing switching from team to team and trying to remember which clubs are external on each respective game world[/font']

Can friendly games have unlimited substitutions? Should be able to field a whole other team at half time.

Unless I'm mistaken, you can make around 9 substitutions per game anyway?

Each 'in game instruction' you create allows you to use 3 substitutes, you can set 3 in game instructions per game. = 9 changes.

Have more options for the age search' date='

Change the youth squad to reserve squad to have players that are 21+,[/quote']

Agreed on the ages - why not just be able to specify 22, 23, 24 in both boxes so you can determine your own range?

Not too sure about the youth squad proposal though.. What's the point in it? I can see the benefit in having a Youth Squad & Reserve Squad, making for three in total.