The Quiz thread.

Dermo

Re: The Quiz thread.

Crikey! yeah they have some interesting history.

Well that would be my guess-especially since Valentia is a liverbird :)

I remember that Aldridge penalty in that game in '88' date=' and he had never missed a penalty before I think. I also think it was the first miss.[/quote']

Charlie Wallace of Aston Villa' date=' against Sunderland way back in 1913. Hehehehehehehehe[/quote']

Oops forgot to reply :o

I was certain it was Aldridge as well unless I'm mistaken...

I was certain it was Aldridge as well unless I'm mistaken...

A lot of people think that Liverpool's John Aldridge was the first player to miss with a penalty in a Final. But he was only the first to miss at Wembley.

The first player to miss in any Final was actually Charlie Wallace of Aston Villa' date=' against Sunderland way back in 1913 . No wonder no one remembers that!

[url']http://www.thefa.com/Competitions/FACompetitions/TheFACup/History/penalty[/url]

I also thought it was Aldridge, but after doing some research i found out that.

Just thought this 1 up..

Which of these Serie A legends did / didn't have a brother that was also a professional footballer:

a)Filippo Inzaghi

b)Fabio Cannavaro

c)Christian Vieri

d)Roberto Baggio

e)Clarence Seedorf

Name the brothers too.

Filippo's brother is Simone Inzaghi.

Fabio Cannavaro's is Paolo Cannavaro.

Christian Vieri's brother is Max Vieri

Roberto Baggio's brother is Eddy Baggio. Has a multitude of others that didn't play I believe.

Clarence Seedorf's brother is Clarence and Jurgen.

I could be off on a few having more though.

Filippo's brother is Simone Inzaghi.

Fabio Cannavaro's is Paolo Cannavaro.

Christian Vieri's brother is Max Vieri

Roberto Baggio's brother is Eddy Baggio. Has a multitude of others that didn't play I believe.

Clarence Seedorf's brother is Clarence and Jurgen.

I could be off on a few having more though.

I actually thought this was a good question!:D:eek:

Btw I actually thought Baggio didnt have one and just put his name in because I expected a peson to guess it was Dino Baggio..:rolleyes: But Eddy Baggio is a name I remember hearing.

Here is a small quiz for those who fancy it:

1) Everyone knows Dave Beasant was the first goalkeeper to save a penalty in an FA Cup final. Who was the second?

2) Which 2 players have won a Champions League winners medal with one english club and an FA Cup winners medal with a different english club?

3) Who is the only player who has scored a hat-trick in all of the top 4 English divisions, the League Cup, the FA Cup and for their country?

1) Everyone knows Dave Beasant was the first goalkeeper to save a penalty in an FA Cup final. Who was the second?

2) Which 2 players have won a Champions League winners medal with one english club and an FA Cup winners medal with a different english club?

3) Who is the only player who has scored a hat-trick in all of the top 4 English divisions' date=' the League Cup, the FA Cup and for their country?[/quote']

1) No idea

2) By Champions League, does that include the European Cup???

3) I think it's Rob Earnshaw

Mark Crossley

Sheringham??

Baros??

Ashley Cole-Definete

3) Who is the only player who has scored a hat-trick in all of the top 4 English divisions' date=' the League Cup, the FA Cup and for their country?[/quote']

Dunno still thinking

1) No idea

2) By Champions League' date=' does that include the European Cup???

3) I think it's Rob Earnshaw[/quote']

Sorry, for question 2 is a typo but it was Champs League, not Euro Cup. That is 3 players and all have been named across several posts and all 3 questions were answered:

Mark Crossley

Ashley Cole (Arsenal & Chelsea)

Carlos Tevez (Man Utd & Man City)

Milan Baros (Portsmouth and Liverpool)

3) Who is the only player who has scored a hat-trick in all of the top 4 English divisions, the League Cup, the FA Cup and for their country?

Rob Earnshaw

I will make another short quiz this evening if people fancy?

• 2 weeks later...

Who won the German 1st Division title in 1941' date=' and what was so special about that team?[/quote']

My guess would be either Schalke as Bundesliga commentators keep harping on about their history or Bayeren Munich -just because ...

and what made them special ? Maybe first team German team to have foreign players? :confused:

Who won the German 1st Division title in 1941' date=' and what was so special about that team?[/quote']

During the war there was limited football, so a few teams from the annexed countries were involved. A team from Austria, Rapid Vienna won it.

Which manager guided Arsenal to the 1995 Cup Winners Cup final?

Which manager guided Chelsea to FA Cup success in 2009?

What is the link between the both of them?

During the war there was limited football' date=' so a few teams from the annexed countries were involved. A team from Austria, Rapid Vienna won it.

What is the link between the both of them?[/quote']

Bruce Rioch managed Arsenal

Gus Hiddink managed Chelsea

Is the link that they were both caretaker managers?

During the war there was limited football' date=' so a few teams from the annexed countries were involved. A team from Austria, Rapid Vienna won it.

What is the link between the both of them?[/quote']

Well that was over more quickly than I had expected. Curse you, Dermo!!! :P

And is the Arsenal chap Elton John/Pat Rice?

Well that was over more quickly than I had expected. Curse you' date=' Dermo!!! :P

And is the Arsenal chap Elton John/Pat Rice?[/quote']

I like to read history, and I like to combine history with football, so it was just a matter of finding out who the foreign team was. :)

Pat Rice is incorrect, he is a guy I never heard of.

Anyway, throw in another question of three.

:eek:

Wenger's shadow on the Arsenal bench for years' date=' only just retired prior to this season, former Gunners player, and you've never heard of him? He's so well-known, Mr. and Mrs. Evra named their son after him! :P[/quote']

Not Pat Rice, I've heard great things of him. :D

No, the manager who was the caretaker for Arsenal in 1995 for that cup final.