The Quiz thread.

Dermo

Re: The Quiz thread.

I would suspect it refers to the Bundesliga and my guess would be either Schalke or Werder since both clubs had a periods near the summit of the league at various times.

Correct sir, it was Werder Bremen. They seem to be their biggest foil in Germany, although time has moved on I guess. :)

Correct sir' date=' it was Werder Bremen. They seem to be their biggest foil in Germany, although time has moved on I guess. :)[/quote']

I think they were pretty big in the early 2k .

Which was the first "English" team to field an entirely foreign line up in a competitive match?

Chelsea I think? When Dennis Wise and another English bloke they occasionally started were injured...

I'm pretty sure that it is a quick question, as the EPL first foreign 11 has been done in many quizzes before (Chelsea or Arsenal about 10 or 12 years ago I suspect). And being "English" makes me think that it was ages ago, like 100 or more years ago.

It cannot have been the Olympics perhaps when all the best players were from Scotland. That was Great Britain. An England team in something where the players were not English is my guess.

Sorry forgot about this.

Chelsea I think? When Dennis Wise and another English bloke they occasionally started were injured...

Correct -the line up against Southampton was foreign -the subs were not.

Arsenal went on to field an entirely foreign squad (18 man) for a match that probably signaled the end buy British with respect to clubs.

Sorry Dermo-the red herring "English" was aimed at you since you would have got it done in a couple seconds.

here's another easy one:

Which player has a single English premiere league title and a Copa America victors medal and is rather famous for dubious footwear?

• 5 weeks later...

Lucky guess. Just assumed that it would have been a trick question so thought about years missing a final and WWII popped into my head. :o

Yeah -since we have lots of googlers and brainiacs on here :D

As they were allowed to keep the trophy those years technically they held it the longest ..pity what's taking place at the club though..