The Quiz thread.

Dermo

Re: The Quiz thread.

Well then it was Colombia' date=' they won the bid in 1986, and wasn't 1990 their first World Cup. :) Canada bid, but have never made the WC.[/quote']

Colombia were in the 1962 tournament.

Canada's the one I was looking for :) Bid for the 1986 World Cup and Colombia pulled out and that finals competition was their first and only World Cup finals appearance to date.

Colombia were in the 1962 tournament.

Canada's the one I was looking for :) Bid for the 1986 World Cup and Colombia pulled out and that finals competition was their first and only World Cup finals appearance to date.

I did not understand. I thought it was someone who bidded for a tournament, but did not appear in a WC, till after the tournament they bid on. Anyway's, a nice devious question. It set's up my morning just fine. :)

They bid for the 2018 one' date=' but it was disqualified due to a lack of goverment support.

If that's not the one your looking for, ok :)

Was it Columbia?[/quote']

Yes, they've bidded and disqualified, but they already participated on 1938 as Dutch East Indies(FIFA & AFC count them as Indonesia now) :)

• 2 weeks later...

well done mate! tbh didn't expect anyone to get it :P

You're looking at an NFL buff here! The Seahawks have a pretty unique stadium.

Used to play this game at school' date=' where you'd go on to Google Maps and zoom right into a stadium (usually in England) and your mate would have to guess which team it was and what the stadium was called. We can try it here, although I'm gonna dive right into the deep end and pick out a tricky lower league one....:

[img']http://i953.photobucket.com/albums/ae18/andyowls/stadium1.png[/img]

ohh this is pretty tricky. Would have said Charlton maybe' date=' but I was at Charlton stadium a few times and I'm pretty sure it's not surrounded by trees. I'll just have a guess lol Sheffield Wednesday? :P[/quote']

Noooo, this is a MUCH smaller stadium that those two. May be a bit too tricky for any of our foreign friends who don't really follow the Football League....even the experienced pros who consider their stadium knowledge to be pretty good (like myself! :P) may have to resort to guesswork....

EDIT: Actually, thinking about it, this is a REALLY hard one. No clues whatsoever given from the birds-eye view, unless you've been there before....

What stadium is this? ;)

EDIT: IT'S easy the picture give it away.

Aberdeen. :)

Just in case anyone wants to try this, you can get rid of all the labels that Google Maps shows (like road names, landmark names etc.) by unchecking the "labels" box in the drop-down menu on the right hand side.

Here's some questions about keepers.

Easy. Who was the first keeper to save a penalty in an English FA Cup final?

Hard. What was the name of the Manchester United keeper whose career lasted just over a minute?

Weird. :D Which goalie once injured his penis whilst playing a 5-a-side charity game against Iron Maiden?