The Quiz thread.

Re: The Quiz thread.

Yep' date=' just found that on The Guardian site.

Here's one. Who is the only Premier League player to score a Hat-Trick against Man United in the League.[/quote']

David Bentley! I remember watching the highlights of that 4-3 win to Blackburn game on the screen's at Eastlands, as I was coming out of a City match and was shocked to see that Bentley had got a hatrick! :D

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: The Quiz thread. Yes. Here's a hard one; Which footballer was once brought on in an international match as a substitute for his dad?

Re: The Quiz thread. What one? the stamp question? I think Malta had a Pele stamp at one point.

Re: The Quiz thread. Hasn't played in the WC He is out on loan, so he isn't a current premier league player.

Irwin might of played the bulk of his games before the Prem

Going for older players still around or who started young

Carragher

Hesky

Sol Camball

Sheringham

I meant the premier league (as formed in '92) so Irwin isn't in there.

Top 10:

David James

Ryan Giggs

Gary Speed

Sol Campbell

Emile Heskey

Frank Lampard

Paul Scholes

Alan Shearer

Jamie Carragher

Phil Neville

Guest Scout Maker

David Bentley! I remember watching the highlights of that 4-3 win to Blackburn game on the screen's at Eastlands' date=' as I was coming out of a City match and was shocked to see that Bentley had got a hatrick! :D[/quote']

Correct :)

Which player has scored the most penalties in a single Premier League season?

Alan Shearer or Thierry Henry?

Guest Scout Maker

Andy Johnson ;). 11 2004/5

Know it's right because i saw it in an article posted by you

I was thinking him! We got a hell of a lot of penalties that season' date=' (but we did dive a bit :P)

Trust me not to get that :mad:

On the topic of long name' date=' what British footballer has the longest surname

Decided to avoid world football with the all the Brazilian's full-names, Socrates (48 letter) and that :P[/quote']

That's a tough one. Wright-Phillips is the longest name I can think of at the moment, but I'm sure there are longer ones!

Here's another question, pretty simple IMO;

Name the English Cities that host footballing derbies?

That's a tough one. Wright-Phillips is the longest name I can think of at the moment' date=' but I'm sure there are longer ones!

Here's another question, pretty simple IMO;

Name the English [b']Cities[/b] that host footballing derbies?

It is Bradley Wright-Phillips, not many long English surnames. Dimitarous Konstantopolous is longer but ofcourse he's from Greece.

City Derbies: Sheffield, London, Manchester, Liverpool, Birmingham, Bristol

It is Bradley Wright-Phillips' date=' not many long English surnames. Dimitarous Konstantopolous is longer but ofcourse he's from Greece.

City Derbies: Sheffield, London, Manchester, Liverpool, Birmingham, Bristol[/quote']

What about Vennegoor of Hesselink! :D

Yep you mentioned 6 out of 8 Cities.

The others were Nottingham, with Nottingham Forrest and Notts County. And the other one catches everyone out; Stoke with Stoke City and Port Vale! ;)

Here's another one; Which league football team is closest to the River Mersey?

What about Vennegoor of Hesselink! :D

Yep you mentioned 6 out of 8 Cities.

The others were Nottingham' date=' with Nottingham Forrest and Notts County. And the other one catches everyone out; Stoke with Stoke City and Port Vale! ;)

Here's another one; Which league football team is closest to the River Mersey?[/quote']

Venneoor is not British :P

Tranmere, Southport, Liverpool or Everton i suppose. :P

Neither is Dimitarous Konstantopolous! :P

Nope all wrong' date=' fools everyone every time! :D:D

Stockport County!

Another one; which football team's ground is in two countries?[/quote']

Monaco's? I've heard there's a small Welsh Sunday league team, with half of the pitch in Wales & half of the pitch in England.

Monaco's? I've heard there's a small Welsh Sunday league team' date=' with half of the pitch in Wales & half of the pitch in England.[/quote']

Yep newly formed Chester FC, (Used to be Chester City) in the Northern Premier League division one north! The pitch is in Wales, but half of the main stand and the club offices is in England.