The Quiz thread.

Dermo

Re: The Quiz thread.

Here's an interesting question. Can anyone name 3 players' date=' former or otherwise, that came from Suriname?

These are not obscure players either. They are very well known and respected.[/quote']

im pretty sure i know 2 players

edgar davids and clarence seedorf

(remeber reading an article years ago about them both)

im pretty sure i know 2 players

edgar davids and clarence seedorf

(remeber reading an article years ago about them both)

Correct. And as Suriname was a Dutch colony, there are a few other former internationals coming from that nation which is many times bigger than it's parent country, but has a much smaller population.

There are two other players that I know of that played in England and Scotland. And did very well. :)

Correct. And as Suriname was a Dutch colony' date=' there are a few other former internationals coming from that nation which is many times bigger than it's parent country, but has a much smaller population.

There are two other players that I know of that played in England and Scotland. And did very well. :)[/quote']

Hasselbaink? And Pierre Van Hooijdonk?

Correct. And as Suriname was a Dutch colony' date=' there are a few other former internationals coming from that nation which is many times bigger than it's parent country, but has a much smaller population.

There are two other players that I know of that played in England and Scotland. And did very [/quote']

ahh think i've narrowed it down now then

by any chance is it g.boateng and gio van bronckhorst(think i've spelt that wrong:p)

Jimmy Floyd is one, and Mark De Vries who scored a few for Hearts between 2002-2005 is another that I know of. Boateng came from Ghana. The other two are Dutch.

A few former international or world class players came from a tiny nation like Suriname. Who would have thunk.

I'm taking an upcoming college class called soccer and society, and so I'm always looking up these kinds of interesting questions. I cannot appear to be to Anglocentric now can I. :D

It would be nice if everyone who asks a question can reply to any answers. ;)

Here's one. How many players have played in goals for Manchester United since their legendary keeper Schmichael? It covers all competitive games, cup, Europe and the league. Not meaningless games.

Here's one. How many players have played in goals for Manchester United since their legendary keeper Schmichael? It covers all competitive games' date=' cup, Europe and the league. Not meaningless games.[/quote']

Taibi, Ricardo, Barthez, Bosnich, Van Der Sar, Carroll, Howard, Amos, Foster, De Gea, Kuszczak, O'Shea, Ferdinand(?).

I say at least thirteen. (Names above in white so as not to spoil it for others guessing.)

Here's one. How many players have played in goals for Manchester United since their legendary keeper Schmichael? It covers all competitive games' date=' cup, Europe and the league. Not meaningless games.[/quote']

Ben Foster, van der Sar, Andy Goram, Ricardo, Barthez, Kuszczak, Howard, Roy Caroll, Bosnich, Taibi, Rachubka, van der Gouw(??), John O'Shea ( :D ), De Gea.

Am I missed someone ?

I got this question which I heard off the radio. I didn't here the names, but I did hear the number included two outfield players which was picked up by Lee. But the number is higher than the most I got here. It's 17. But good guesses by everyone. The message is that United have never settled on a keeper in a fairly short amount of time. :)

Compared to Arsenal's amount of keepers for the same amount of time, 17 is a lot. We will see with the young Spaniard.