The Quiz thread.

Dermo

Re: The Quiz thread.

Here's two for you! :)

Name four non-sports car manufacturers to have sponsored Premier League clubs (two of these have sponsored one club).

And secondly:

In what other country (i.e. Not England)' date=' would you expect to see Chelsea play Arsenal in a league match?[/b']

I know the second one, but I don't wish to ruin it for those who are frantically searching. I do know they used to have one of the best underage teams not too very long ago. :D

The car manufacturers is a wee bit more difficult. Hyundai were sponsors of someone I believe. Vauxhall sponsored a league. I feel Opel was a sponsor of someone. I can't remember one from the top of my head. :(

I should have answered the second one after seeing the quick answer.

Audi sponsor Man Utd, not as shirt sponsors though, look at the seats they sit on in the dug outs...

Fiat sponsored Juventus, so when my dad got a van from them, and won a competition, I got a del piero shirt ;) although thats not premier league :)

VW sponsor/sponsored Wolfsburg too...

Vauxhaul too? They have a team in league 2 I think, and what about Jaguar

?

Name four non-sports car manufacturers to have sponsored Premier League clubs (two of these have sponsored one club).

As someone already said, Villa were sponsored by Rover and I think both Peugeot and Subaru sponsored Coventry when they were in the Premier League.. Not sure of any others though

As someone already said' date=' Villa were sponsored by Rover and I think both Peugeot and Subaru sponsored Coventry when they were in the Premier League.. Not sure of any others though[/quote']

Those three are correct, but the last one is interesting in that the company only sponsored the teams away shirt; their sister company, who make sports cars, sponsored the home shirt. :)

Those three are correct' date=' but the last one is interesting in that the company only sponsored the teams away shirt; their sister company, who make sports cars, sponsored the home shirt. :)[/quote']

IIRC, Proton used to sponser Norwich, but they sponsered their home kit as well. :confused:

Three questions for this evening/night:

Which club holds the English Top Flight record for the most consecutive wins from the start of a season?

Southampton's Matt Le Tissier scored 48 out of the 49 career penalties he took - who was the only goalkeeper to save one?

And which football tournament was featured in the original Italian Job? (My own question, watched it earlier)

Which club holds the English Top Flight record for the most consecutive wins from the start of a season?

Southampton's Matt Le Tissier scored 48 out of the 49 career penalties he took - who was the only goalkeeper to save one?

And which football tournament was featured in the original Italian Job? (My own question' date=' watched it earlier)[/quote']

Mark Crossley, think he scored the first own goal in the Prem too :rolleyes:

Mixed-Talent.

Possibly Arsenal in their 97/98 season?

Bruce Grobelaar.

And which football tournament was featured in the original Italian Job? (My own question' date=' watched it earlier)[/quote']

The European Championship? Euro 68

Unfortunately all three are wrong' date=' sort of :)

Was the Euros, but like SBL said, the 1968 ones, maybe should have worded it better :)

And RBA got the keeper, it wasn't Bruce :)

And not Arsenal either :)[/quote']

I edited in Euro 68, as I know the movie was shot in that year. :)

Did Liverpool do it a few seasons back?

Scene Setter: Aston Villa in 2002 in the Second City Derby were down 1-0, and were chasing an equaliser, Olof Mellberg had a throw in and decided to throw it back to the goalkeeper, so he could throw a long ball up the field, but in fact the goalkeeper completely missed the ball, and the ball rolled into the net.

Question: Who is this Goalkeeper?

Scene Setter: Aston Villa in 2002 in the Second City Derby were down 1-0' date=' and were chasing an equaliser, Olof Mellberg had a throw in and decided to throw it back to the goalkeeper, so he could throw a long ball up the field, but in fact the goalkeeper completely missed the ball, and the ball rolled into the net.

Question: Who is this Goalkeeper?[/quote']

Peter Enckleman. :)