The Quiz thread.

Dermo

Re: The Quiz thread.

This is not so much a question but an inquiry. What was the name of that old competition between the old division 1 clubs and the Serie B clubs. I think it was the Anglo-Italian cup.

But who won it the most' date=' and which country came out on top the most? :)[/quote']

Does anyone know the answer to this?

Onto my question(s) ... Can anyone name this player ?

And what is he "famous" for ?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQZF8A58ZPwC5WoOyEUi0G8zb4js8vLJWMzzZhYkZjCQbA4I3HbWw

I don't know who he is but as you put famous in parentheses then he must have done something really bad to be famous. Or perhaps' date=' infamous. :D When I see him I think of the Ukraine for some reason. The kind of way you know something but you don't know why. Pray tell, give us a hint. :)

Here's one that I came up with. The hard question. And I don't know his name but I remember the circumstances. I think. :o And two others, in the original hard, medium and easy format. :)

[b']Hard question[/b]. Who was the last high profile referee to retire after getting particularly bad criticism after a high profile match?

Medium Question. And who was the last Scotsman to score a hattrick in a proper international.

Easy Question. Who was the first player in England to make 100 bob a week. Which was a lot back then I imagine.

I've done a spot of research and there was the Anglo-Italian Cup' date=' and also an Anglo-Italian League Cup although that was short-lived. Italy came out on top most.. and the only team to have won it more than one is Modena.[/quote']

Cheers Allan. I remember it from my days of reading the weekly, or bi-weekly football magazine. Those days are long gone now with the internet aye. Oh, and those days of the play by mail football management games have gone down as well thanks to the mighty computer and its many games. :mad::):D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...