Gold Championship 1 News

Re: Gold Championship 1 News

106.gif117.gif

Empoli 3-2 Palmero

Palmero's bad streak continues after this loss to Empoli. Tom is thinking that if the team dont put some wins together they could miss out on Europe :eek: . This was Palmero's third loss in a row.

Transfer News

Palmero's latest signing is Alioum Saidou from Nantes. The Cameroonian centre mid hopes to add some bulk to Palmero's thin squad.

Below is Alioum Saidou

saidou-g.jpg

Palmero are also tracking Gilradino and Agureo as their main targets.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Posted Images

TREBLE HEAVEN!!!!

Kilmarnock 3-6 Celtic

Rugby park will go down in history as the place where Celtic clinched a history making Treble!!!!!

Kev's Celts have been awsome this season and after winning both the Scottish Cup and Scottish Shield they are now crowned as champions of Scotland taking that title from Cally's Rangers.

Kev could not praise his team highly enough and said "This one is for the fans":)

Kev would also like to praise his fellow managers in Gold 1,particularly Cally,manager of Rangers(a great rival and good friend) and is looking forward to many seasons of battle ahead.

HAIL.HAIL THE TREBLES HERE!!!! :) :)

Boca Juniors 1-1 Flamengo

The points were shared in this game, Boca will be the more disappointed side after they had more than double the attempts on target than the away side but they would be happier with the single point than none.

Mario Regueiro got the game underway after only 2 minutes when he latched onto a poor clearance from the keeper and fired past him to make it 1-0 and give the home side the early advantage.

Sharbel Touma drew the away side level after 28 minutes, his shot ending up in the roof of the net.

The only other thing exciting that happened in the game was that Flamengo player Benjamin Nivet was sent off 5 minutes before half time.

So the points were shared, that leaves Boca in 10th place in the Argentinian league with only 2 games to play...

Friendly

117.gif140.gif

Palmero 3-3 Bacelona

Palmero put up a valiant fight in this friendly match against Barcelona. Barceloina were playing theier full strength squad against Palmero, who were also playing their best. Naturally, Barca's squad was better but Palmero managed to hold onto a draw. Unfortunatley, I cant give a match report because there was another friendly :( . Hopefully this draw will boost the morale of the squad and get them bacak into the Champions Cup places.

Palmero are currently bidding on:

Alberto Gilardino - £25million + Luiz Washington

Eidur Gudjonsen - £8million

Roberto Carlos - £5million + Johan Audel

Milan Miracle ?

AC Milan have record 2 wins out of 3 games that Johnson has been in charge. There latest win leaves them a mere 2 points from safety. In the last two games the few reaming loyal Milan fans saw victories against, Torino when Xabi Alonso and a Owen brace got the points. The next victory was against Sampdoria, goals from Owen, Alonso, Kaka and seedorf got the much needed three points.

Milan next face Siena, the team that are currently two points infront of them. A win is the only result that can happen for Milan to have any chance of staying where they belong . . . in Seria A.

is it possible to finish 2nd with maccabi haifa in medetaranian division and go to champs cup?

i currently 2nd with same number of points and goal difference as 3rd place benfica.

my stadium is only 18k so i cant hold a big squad or buy a good player

should i do my best and finish 2nd so i could go to champs cup?

if i go to champs cup it will ruin my league games next season since i dont have a big squad and very low average.

but my friend tell me that i will get richer from champ cup's games

what should i do? give up 2nd place?

(if u are benfica manager dont answer plz, lol)

is it possible to finish 2nd with maccabi haifa in medetaranian division and go to champs cup?

i currently 2nd with same number of points and goal difference as 3rd place benfica.

my stadium is only 18k so i cant hold a big squad or buy a good player

should i do my best and finish 2nd so i could go to champs cup?

if i go to champs cup it will ruin my league games next season since i dont have a big squad and very low average.

but my friend tell me that i will get richer from champ cup's games

what should i do? give up 2nd place?

(if u are benfica manager dont answer plz' date=' lol)[/quote']

Click on your league table, it will say this:

2 Teams Qualify for SMFA Champions Cup.

2 Teams Qualify for SMFA Shield (2 Cup Winners + 0 League Placements.

Extra league placesments can be awarded based on cup winners.)

Top two teams in that league get to go to Champions Cup.

I seemed to make a fair amount of money from it. Even if you play reserves you are still guaranteed 6 group games I think.

Will happily loan you players next season if need be.

Shaktar carry on there superb form at the top of the table with a 1-3 away win.

They have already qualified for the Champions league next season, but they go into the last game just 2 points clear of tebbut.

Alan Neller stated people say money can't buy you championships, but looking my next oponents team they only possess 1 GK who would be buyable for around the 5million mark. So maybe thats not true.

Does Neller need another GK he already has 2, but he really rates this GK and is tempted to buy him, ive always been a fan of ........ cant remember his name but its nothing to do with the fact hes there only GK and would probably get me a 12-0 win.

Will never buy the GK? the next few days will reveal the answer :)

WATFORD SECURE DIV 1 STATUS

Watford have battled to a hard fought 1-1 draw away at Middlesboro to secure their English Div 1 status. Fabio Luciano got the important equaliser on 74mins to give their manager a nailbiting last 16mins. Since taking over as manager at the end of May, manager Ian Blanken has seen his Watford team grab 5 wins and 3 draws plus 3 losses. He was quoted as saying "that the purchases and rebuilding have not been in vain and that Watford would be a stronger team for next season"

Vasco De Gama 2-3 Boca Juniors

Ending on a high?

With only one game to go Boca Juniors seem to be ending the season on a high, defeating Vasco De Gama, the side just above them in the league to keep the pressure on them and close the gap between the two teams to only two points.

Vasco made it an uphill task for themselves after only 9 minutes of play, Ferreira Ernane shouted verbal abuse to the ref and he kicked the ball away in disgust only to be shown a red card for his troubles.

Two goals in quick succession from signing of the season Luis Suarez (30,36) gave Boca a comfortable lead going into half time, Suarez now has 12 goals in 20 games for Boca as well as 14 assists. (£11million well spent IMO)

The second half got off to a flyer, first of all Vasco's Caetano ValdIram lost his marker and thumped a low shot under the keeper after only two minutes of the restart, only a minute later though, using all of his skill, Rodrigo Palacio darted past the defenders and drove the ball past the keeper.

In the 72nd minute of the game, Vanderley RUBENS Cardoso lobbed the ball over the advancing Boca keeper to make it 2-3 but it was too little too late and Boca took away all three points.

Boca now sit 9th in the Argentinian league with only one game to go.

Shaktar carry on there superb form at the top of the table with a 1-3 away win.

They have already qualified for the Champions league next season' date=' but they go into the last game just 2 points clear of tebbut.

Alan Neller stated people say money can't buy you championships, but looking my next oponents team they only possess 1 GK who would be buyable for around the 5million mark. So maybe thats not true.

Does Neller need another GK he already has 2, but he really rates this GK and is tempted to buy him, ive always been a fan of ........ cant remember his name but its nothing to do with the fact hes there only GK and would probably get me a 12-0 win.

Will never buy the GK? the next few days will reveal the answer :)[/quote']

BREAKING NEWS

Shorty after celebrating a victory over third place rivals Dynamo Kiev, Tebbutt has revealed that he may make a shock switch to Shakhtar's next opponents, Amkar.

In a bizarre twist, Tebbutt indicated that he may only be making a guest appearance there.

"I have always been a lifelong Amkar fan and feel that if I could go there and give them a win against the league leaders, it could be the boost they need to push on next season. Could I turn my back on Spartak though? No, I would leave them with a caretaker and return at the end of the season."

Tebbutt laughed off reports that this was a move intended to propel Spartak into top spot by stealing points off Shakhtar, knowing that if Amkar drew and Spartak win, Spartak would be crowned Champions.

However, Neller's comments that he may sign Amkar's only keeper will only add fuel to the fires of this rumour.

Other rumours are circulating that Tebbutt may sign next opponent's Saturn's keeper, and even that he could be recruiting an impressionable manager to take the reigns at Amkar for one game only, in a bid to steal the league title.

Tebbutt declined to comment on this. "My main priority is European qualification. Anything to beat that swine, Fathead Gunsmoke." These comments however have only caused the press rumour mill to start grinding out further reports that Tebbutt will indeed be signing Saturn's keeper, to boost his chances, and a bid of several million pounds is rumoured to be being tabled.

Anything except a loss will guarantee European football for Tebbutt.

BREAKING NEWS

Shorty after celebrating a victory over third place rivals Dynamo Kiev' date=' Tebbutt has revealed that he may make a shock switch to Shakhtar's next opponents, Amkar.

In a bizarre twist, Tebbutt indicated that he may only be making a guest appearance there.

"I have always been a lifelong Amkar fan and feel that if I could go there and give them a win against the league leaders, it could be the boost they need to push on next season. Could I turn my back on Spartak though? No, I would leave them with a caretaker and return at the end of the season."

Tebbutt laughed off reports that this was a move intended to propel Spartak into top spot by stealing points off Shakhtar, knowing that if Amkar drew and Spartak win, Spartak would be crowned Champions.

However, Neller's comments that he may sign Amkar's only keeper will only add fuel to the fires of this rumour.

Other rumours are circulating that Tebbutt may sign next opponent's Saturn's keeper, and even that he could be recruiting an impressionable manager to take the reigns at Amkar for one game only, in a bid to steal the league title.

Tebbutt declined to comment on this. "My main priority is European qualification. Anything to beat that swine, Fathead Gunsmoke." These comments however have only caused the press rumour mill to start grinding out further reports that Tebbutt will indeed be signing Saturn's keeper, to boost his chances, and a bid of several million pounds is rumoured to be being tabled.

Anything except a loss will guarantee European football for Tebbutt.[/quote']

Papers this morning stated there shock becuase when they told Neller about Tebbutts plans he couldn't seem more happy. This is what he had to say on the subject.

Neller: Well this news not only saves me £5,000,000 on a GK but it also gives me and my squad an early holiday. Our 84 rated reserve team with a coule of GK's outfield already knocked Tebbutts 91+ rated side out of the cup and the same messed up side beat him in the league aswell.

Imagine what Tebbutt would do with a low rated side, I might aswell just let my backroom staff play the match, infact even if we dont play anybody because of the nature of Tebbutt's tactics we would still probably get a 0-0 draw due to the fact his players are scared to cross that half way line!

acmilan_logo.jpg

Forza Milan !!!

The chanting of the jubilant Milan fans could be heard for miles around as Milan strolled passed fellow relegation struggler's Siena.

This game was a must win with Siena sitting above the relegation zone two points infront of the fallen giants Milan.

Milan started perfectly when in the 4th minute Seedorf showed his quality and slotted home the goal after some tidy footwork.

The teams went in at half time with Milan pushing for the win, Siena could do nothing to prevent the pressure they were under. hat pressure paid off in the 49th minute when Italian legend Nesta scored the goal to make it 2-0 and seal the win.

Things weren't such an easy ride as Nesta was then sent of 7 minutes later for a professional foul. Milan only had to wait 20 minutes before the number of players were even because a Siena player was sent off for pushing the ref.

This win takes Milan out of the relegation zone. Since taking charge of Milan Johnson has won 3 out 4 games, Johnson is now 1 point above safety and he needs another win to guarantee Seria A action next year. Thankfully, Milan are the only on form team in the bottom four which should help.

Fans are asking a statue to built of Johnson outside te ground if he succeeds in keeping them up. It has also been rumoured that the manager who got Milan into this trouble has been assassinated by a group claiming to be the italian Mafia.

Sampdoria 3-2 Palmero :mad:

Palmero lose out on ALL european qualification after losing the last 4 games of the season :( . Tom will be looking to do these things during the break:

*buy a 92+ striker

*stregnthen the midfield

*beef up the defence

If anyone has any players that are high qulality and no longer wanted/needed let me know :) I have the money to buy them with ;)

The final Serie A table:

1 Juventus 38 23 7 8 68 36 32 76

2 Lazio 38 23 6 9 101 58 43 75

3 Internazionale 38 22 8 8 81 44 37 74

4 Empoli 38 19 8 11 64 56 8 65

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

5 Atalanta 38 17 11 10 56 50 6 62

6 Fiorentina 38 18 7 13 63 40 23 61

7 Bari 38 16 11 11 56 48 8 59

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

8 PALERMO 38 18 5 15 70 70 0 59

9 Genoa 38 15 10 13 58 45 13 55

10 Reggina 38 15 9 14 53 52 1 54

11 Torino 38 16 4 18 49 50 -1 52

12 Sampdoria 38 14 10 14 55 57 -2 52

13 Messina 38 15 6 17 42 51 -9 51

14 Ascoli 38 13 7 18 46 54 -8 46

15 Udinese 38 11 13 14 55 67 -12 46

16 Roma 38 12 10 16 38 54 -16 46

17 Milan 38 8 10 20 35 63 -28 34

------------------------------------------------------------------------

18 Siena 38 7 9 22 38 62 -24 30

19 Catania 38 7 9 22 45 82 -37 30

20 Cagliari 38 6 10 22 30 64 -34 28

Also, congrats to Adam who saved Milan from relegation.

Milan pull a Miracle !

Milan confirmed there status as a Seria A team winning 4 out of 5 games under the control of manager and no considered semi-god Adam Johnson. The fans are Jubliant the statue of him in being built as we speak. Last nigth Milan traveled to Reggina knowing that a win would guarantee Division 1 football.

It didnt start well for Milan because in the 6th minute Simic was sent off after head butting an opponent.

Still MIlan pressed and it paid off in the 27th minute when Pablo finished cleverly making it 1-0. Milan Fans had to wait till the 77th minute for there nerves to be eased when super Spaniard Torress scored. Soon after kick off in the 78th minute he scored again making it 3-0 and confirming MIlans status as a Seria A club.

Johnson is the market for 2 defenders. One who can play CB/LB and one who can play RB/CB. willing to pay 25 million plus and maldini / cafu thrown in

The Brummy rag

PAULETA PARMA BOUND

Only bid for superstar striker

Portugal_Pauleta_vKuw_L.jpg

As reported on the third of July, Birmingham admitted that they will have to lose star forward Pauleta if not promoted. Missing out on the final day of the season Birmingham ended in fourth place three points short of what was needed.

Parma have been patient enough to wait untill the seasons end and now have there reward as things should be finalised in the morning. For only £3million the striker will leave the blues after 34appearances and 17goals this season.

Prize money of £6.5million and the sale of Pauleta as well as what the chairman throws in will hopefully help the midlands side rebuild for a challenge in season three. LS has all positions to look to strengthen with any 88rated players a priority.

Steve commented that he is not looking for any 90rateds and is focused on building a squad and not spending all the money on one player.

Birmingham awards evening

4.gif

Highest Attendance 25,748 v Norwich City 12 May 2007

Biggest Home League Win Birmingham City 5 v 1 Cardiff City 11 Apr 2007

Biggest Away League Win Wolves 1 v 5 Birmingham City 13 Jan 2007

Highest Scoring League Game Derby County 5 v 5 Birmingham City 02 May 2007

Most Games Won in Row 4 - 18 Apr 2007 to 28 Apr 2007

Most Games Unbeaten in Row 10 - 06 Dec 2006 to 06 Jan 2007

Highest Transfer Fee Paid £8.0M - Joel HUIQUI from Cruz Azul - 12 Apr 2007

Highest Transfer Fee Received £8.0M - Matthew UPSON to Rangers - 23 Dec 2006

***Bold donates records acheived this season***

FANS PLAYER OF THE SEASON - PAULETA

PLAYER OF THE SEASON - PAULETA

MOST APPEARANCES - DAVID DUNN

TOP GOALSCORER - PAULETA

TOP ASSISTER - PAULETA

Portugal_Pauleta_vKuw_L.jpg

Looks like with Pauleta leaving Birmingham the fans will have to find a new hero for next season.

AVAILABLE FOR TRANSFER

CB MARTIN TAYLOR 84

D JONATHAN ARIAS 84

LB MATTHEW SADLER 83

FW MIKAEL FORRSELL 83

LM SEBASTIAN LARSSON 83

RB SAMMUEL ALLEGRO 82

CM NEIL DANNS 82

CB MARCELLO COTTAFAVA 82

FW DUDLEY CAMPBELL 82

PLUS ANYONE FROM THE YOUTH SQUAD

By Brian Homewood

Hong Kong SAR, July 12 (Reuters) - After a hugely disappointing first season in charge of FC Porto where the club came 4th in the Mediterranean league and missed out on qualifying for the champs cup. Portos boss HKPhooey explained that we had to lose some quality players to raise the necessary funds to reinvest for the future.

"I had to make the decision early on to sell a lot of the teams older top players and buy wisely in what is a highly competitive market. We were just too weak in depth too compete in all competitions, especially in Europe. Although the downside was a poor first season in charge and I am just thankful the board didn't panic and stuck with the plan." said Phooey.

However this seems to have signaled a great transformation for the teams fortunes in their second season. The first two major trophies are already in the cabinet. SMFA Shield winners after beating Fiorentina in the SMFA Shield Final and finally finished 11 points clear at the top of the league.

"Really the SMFA Shield is a nice bonus, but our main aim was to get back into the Champs Cup. That is where we need to be" said Phooey.

It was also a fitting reward for the FC Board who have invested over £107 million on new players. £7.5 million of which went on bringing Augusto RAFAEL SOBIS to Porto with Soto IVAN HERNANDEZ going as part exchange.

Porto boss HKPhooey has described SOBIS as the ideal replacement for Lisandro LOPEZ, who joined Dynamo Kyiv for £17m late last season.

"He said he was desperate to only join us and like Lopez he is a very technical, clever player with a lot of game intelligence," said Phooey.

"He received offers from a lot of other clubs after him and so it was a major coup when we managed to sign him."

"When you have quality players with his ability showing so much passion to play for your club, it's really good for the team."

The 22-year-old, Sobis was awarded the golden boot for the Mediterranean league and finished the season with an impressive 26 league goals and 5 SMFA Shield goals in 31 games in all competitions.

My god, I actually won something!!

A dramatic end to the Russian And Ukraine league. Neller should have bought the opposition goalkeeper after all it seems, as he only managed a draw, and my win put me level on points and top on goal difference!

Am more pleased that me and Neller got a place in Europe, and that the bane of my previous season - Fathead Gunsmoke - only managed 3rd.

Well done Alan, was a great season and we pushed each other all the way!

Now I need some quality signings...so if anyone wants any of my shed load of cash PM me as I am looking to buy!

Today at 7:35 Matt Hillman took over the Grasshoppers side in the Central Europe championship. The Grasshoppers finished in a comfortable 8th place in the table this season but in a press conference this morning Matt announced

"I will be aiming for 3rd or 2nd place next year, we have a nice amount of money in the pot, i have already looked at some players and am hoping to bring some good talented players to the Hardturm"

San Lorenzo 3-0 Boca Juniors

"Finally the season is over" is what the Boca fans are saying to themselves after seeing their team get thrashed 3-0 by San Lorenzo, Jose Cardozo, Pablo Barrientos and Mariano Messera getting the goals for the home side.

The loss means that Boca finish the season in 11th place, a massive 30 points behind eventual league winners Guadalajara.

Boca stats:

Highest Attendance: 57,395 v Cruz Azul 06 Jun 2007

Biggest Home League Win: Boca Juniors 6 v 0 UNAM 16 May 2007

Biggest Home League Defeat:Boca Juniors 0 v 5 Newell’s Old Boys 18 Apr 2007

Biggest Away League Win: Internacional 0 v 4 Boca Juniors 16 Jun 2007

Biggest Away League Defeat:Flamengo 4 v 1 Boca Juniors 28 Apr 2007

Biggest Cup Win: Boca Juniors 4 v 0 Helsingborgs IF 24 Nov 2006

Biggest Cup Defeat: Boca Juniors 0 v 7 Guadalajara 11 Dec 2006

Highest Scoring League Game: Racing Club 3 v 6 Boca Juniors 09 May 2007

Highest Scoring Cup Game: Boca Juniors 0 v 7 Guadalajara 11 Dec 2006

Most Games Won in Row:4 - 09 Jun 2007 to 20 Jun 2007

Most Games Unbeaten in Row: 6 - 07 Mar 2007 to 24 Mar 2007

Highest Transfer Fee Paid: £25.0M - Piotr TROCHOWSKI from Hamburger SV - 20 Mar 2007

On reflection.....

of the season just gone the Boca manager issued a statement to the media:

"Well the season didn't end the way that we wanted but I think their is many positives that we can take from it and try and build on them for next season. I think that the main factor that we didn't perform to our main potential is that I was appointed as manager almost halfway through the season and the league was already lost even at that early stage."

He went on to say....

"I would like to publicly thank the chairman for allowing me the freedom to bring in the players of my choice and at my request. I think that 24 players were brought to the club this season and I think the total sum of those players was just over £100 million. The players that have been brought into the club are young players with good futures and will no doubt play a big part in the clubs future and success"

He finished off by saying...

" I already have some potential players lined up for some transfer moves but I will keep their names out of it at this stage but hopefully I will unveil them soon. Hopefully Boca will become the great side that they once were next season and bring some glory back to club and give the fantastic fans something to cheer about"