Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Gold Championship 1 News

Posted Images

Not sure whats happened recently, was flying high in 3rd place then all of a sudden ive got 1 point from my last 4 games, down into 4th and the teams below me are catching up quick.

To make matters worse star player david dunn is now out 4 weeks with an injury. :eek: Hopefully new signing pirmin schwegler will fill the gap.

Not sure whats happened recently' date=' was flying high in 3rd place then all of a sudden ive got 1 point from my last 4 games, down into 4th and the teams below me are catching up quick.

To make matters worse star player david dunn is now out 4 weeks with an injury. :eek: Hopefully new signing pirmin schwegler will fill the gap.[/quote']

Cleverley on loan if you need him

Cleverley on loan if you need him

Cheers mate, but i should be able to manage so long as i dont pick up any more injurys in midfield, just abit gutted hes well clear at the top of the assist table and now out for 8/9 games virtually the rest of the season.

Managed a 3-1 win against darlington last night which a moved me into 3rd, the top 2 have abit of a gap now though.

FC Kaiserslauten Update:

Kaiserslauten flying-kiss of death now :P

League:

Since I last wrote Kaiserslauten have gained maximum points from there last five League games with some impressive performances against top class sides in Bremen,Schalke,Stuttgart and Hamburg, these followed by a 2-0 home victory over one of Germany's proper powerhouses in recent years in Eintracht Frankfurt.

Kaiserslauten have slowly been eating into the massive gap at the top and now sit six points behind Germany's biggest club Bayern Munich. Perhaps more importantly we have opened up a seven point gap to Nurnberg and Union Berlin in 3rd and 4th. League form after a sloppy strat has been very good and we hope to continue in the same vein with a third of the season remaining.

German Cup:

Kaiserslauten have navigated there way through to the 3rd round with comprehensive victories against Hannover and Schalke scoring an impressive nine goals en route. Our bogey side Union Berlin await in round three.

Astonishingly I have some transfer news to discuss!!

Biggest signing was the arrival of Brazilian Midfielder Borges Romolu from Napoli for a fee of 2M+ frederik Sorenson. We have some decent defensive prospects and Romolu has really impressed me in real-life this season and looks a very promising midfielder and will hopefully develop into Kaiserslauten's defensive enforcer within a decent timeframe.

Also we announced the signature of Jack Butland for 3.1M. The real life Birmingham City Keeper has long been heralded as a top prospect and likened to Joe Hart at the same age, if he can develop into anywhere near Hart we will have got ourselves a real bargain!

Only other news sees a change in the loan option up front with Anelka returning to his parent club but we have got very fortunate by bringing in Pato on a short term deal

Nah this is your season. I thought you would win last season, it is long overdue and well deserved. Well played. I hope it sparks some love in you for Shakhtar, at last.

I tried a different formation as have not been playing well lately. I probably should have stuck with those tactics at 1-1 at half time rather than changing it around for the win! Essien getting sent off and a Cambiasso injury didn't help much. Especially when my tactics were set up to throw everything upfield in the last 15 minutes if I was losing! Enough excuses though, you are in form and I am not!

With some exams coming up next month, amongst other things, I really wish I had the time to knuckle down on tactics to give you a challenge but I fear it is going to be standard 3-5-2 for the forseeable future and a case of fingers crossed that you slip up.

Wish I had more time to post on threads like this too. I hope everyone is well and sorry if I have ignored any PMs. With the new message interface and my lack of time I have probably fallen behind unwittingly.

Inflation really has gone mad in GC1' date=' hasn't it? I see the highest bid accepted for Carlos Eduardo was in excess of £36m!! High for any 89 rated player, particularly one who has not kicked a ball in nearly a year.[/quote']

About Par for the course in this GC. Some tight-wad hogs all the best players:D

Kaiserslauten Update:

Push for the Champions League continues:

League:

Three games since I last wrote has seen six points amassed. The initial game was a dissapointing defeat to Dortmund who were reduced to ten men for a long period however we were unable to take any advantage and lost out in a limp display.

We then went into a game against runaway leaders Bayern Munich however in a feirce encounter between the top two Kaiserslauten produced an accomplished display to beat Bayern and there stars by a 2-0 scoreline Javi Martinez and Boussaffa the heroes. This was followed by a more routine 4-1 drubbing of Hannover.

Kaiserserlauten sit second after 30 games as bayern maintain the six point gap at the top, however Kaiserslauten have moved eight points ahead of TSV in third and ten points in front of the fourth place team putting us in a strong position to hopefully secure Champions League Football with a few more decent displays.

German Cup:

Kaiserslauten gained a measure of revenge for the exits of two cups this season by Union Berlin by securing a 1-0 away victory to knock out Berlin and progress to the Q/F Javi Marquez getting the winner and setting up a contest with Borussia Dortmund.

In english division 2, 6 straight wins has put Blackburn up into 3rd place 8 points clear of 4th place wrexham, yet still trailing 2nd place west ham by 3 points. The most notable victory was a hard fought 1-0 away win against west ham.

A massive game on wednesday against top of the table Rotherham will no doubt determine my teams fate as to whether i will face the playoff lottery or still have a small chance of automatic promotion.