Gold Championship 1 News

Re: Gold Championship 1 News

Kaiserslauten Update:

Kaiserslauten complete pleasing season with domestic success.

League:

kaiserslauten completed the campaign in fine fettle extending there quality run of undefeated games despite fielding reserve/youth players for the last few games giving valuable game time to the likes of Romolu,Schreiber etc to finish with ther highest points tally with a cracking 79points to finish clear second in the Bundesliga 15points ahead of TSV Munich in 3rd.

Congratulations to Bayern Munich who were worthy champions and have a cracking squad and are a tough nut to crack.

German Cup:

Kaiserslauten made sure they did not end the season trophyless by winning the German Cup. In a tight affair Kaisersluaten edged out Hertha in the semi-finals before producing a vintage display to beat Greuter Furth 4-0 in the final with Misimovic, Boussaffa, Pato and Javi Marquez getting the goals.

A fairly satisfying season and we look forward to next year, despite many enquiries not many deals are being done we have managed to bring in Theo Walcott in a deal which sees Brian Ruiz and Demba Ba head to Lille, a big price to pay but the extra quality for the first team is needed as we head into another League campaign against the might of the other German Heavyweights and we want to have a decent crack at the Champions League in only our second season in the world's top competition.

Many Thanks to Teb for the loans of Pato in particular who played a big part in our success and Maxwell who was a useful utility player to help the squad out at various times in the season.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Posted Images

I've been very busy recently and haven't been active. Truth is, I'm always going to be busy now. :o I've decided not to hog the club and log in every 29 days. Going to resign from Barcelona. Good luck to whoever gets them. Sorry for leaving such a mess.

Thanks to all the forumers for making this GC amazing!!!

hotting up in league2 in england as my west ham overtake rotherham with 1 game to go' date=' bit harsh on rotherham who have lead the whole season![/quote']

:(

Congratulations to Rotherham & West Ham on your promotion' date=' i kept up with you best i could but you just got away from me in the end[/quote']

I got lucky, no way did I deserve to go up.

Just because I had 3 90's on loan. XD

Without the loans my average team rating is 83. XD

---

Anyone got any 87+ players for sale (not too old)

Just got 30 million injected.

1REDSTAR-3.jpg

Red Star continue this season as we played last.... in rotten form. A 2-0 win over an at the time unmanaged Partizan yesterday gets us our first points of the season at our 3rd time of asking.

Disappointed at Stankovic's -2, hoped he get away with a -1. That and Saviola's demise in preference at Benfica are starting to make Kez's Stankovic+Saviola for Pastore signing positively genius.

Time has also told on my deal to pay 3m+Badstuber for Felipe Melo a couple of seasons ago:o

Not my finest hour(s).

Was sad to see Kuldeep leaving the Russian and Ukraine league, but was delighted to see a quality manager take the helm as his replacement.

So far so good for me this season with 5 wins out of 5. A tricky SMFA Cup game looms against Kaiserslautern on Friday night though.

I have a few older stars who can leave. A bit like AVB, Anelka was amongst the first to be earmarked for the door. He has gone but a few others like Essien, Drogba, Terry, Maicon, Lucio are also available....

I'd like to swap either Negredo or Barrios (not too fussed which) out for an 89+ Fwd. I'm not a fan of having 2 top CFs :o

If you find I'm ignoring your offers, that's because I'm not stupid and won't be selling my best players for paltry cash :)

Started reasonably well at Eintracht. Beat an unmanaged Hannover 7-0 in the opener, then lost to Bayern before beating Erzgebirge Aue at their weekend causing their manager to do a runner ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Since I bought Felix Bastians in early Oct 2010 (my first choice LB), this is his injury history:

Thigh strain 14 Dec 2011 7 Jan 2012 3 weeks 3 days

Twisted ankle 7 Sep 2011 15 Sep 2011 8 days

Shin injury 24 Aug 2011 4 Sep 2011 11 days

Twisted ankle 13 Jul 2011 22 Jul 2011 9 days

Bruised heel 10 Jun 2011 16 Jun 2011 6 days

Pulled calf muscle 7 May 2011 25 May 2011 2 weeks 4 days

Broken shin bone 8 Jan 2011 24 Mar 2011 10 weeks 5 days

Back strain 9 Oct 2010 20 Nov 2010 6 weeks 1 days

:( :( :( I make that 192/439 days injured!

Bad start to the season results-wise for Gretna, finally have two decent strikers in Cristaldo and Walters (both 87).

1REDSTAR-3.jpg

Red Star are looking to freshen things up a little - I have made a few enquiries for a couple of players recently but have found the valuations to be excessive (even for GC1!). If anybody is interested in doing a few 1 for 1, or 2 for 1 deals get in touch. I am looking to acquire a decent LM or Wing and a decent 90+ forward if possible.

I have a number of players that I wouldn't be averse to using in a deal ....

4049_1317653892.jpg9130_1313606916.jpg2777_1316626570.jpg30700_1320055829.jpg

Kallstrom, Rafinha, Saviola, Lovren, Zabaleta, Mangane, Stankevicius, Dembele, Kobin, Khacheridi, Ayovi, Colunga, Coutinho, Nakhushev, Gedo and a whole raft of youth players.

1REDSTAR-3.jpg

dennis-aogo.jpg

Red Star complete the signing of Dennis Aogo from KRC Genk in the rarely found straight forward manner that I've come to expect from Phil. Kallstrom's positional change to CM only meant I had just Jose Angel that was rated at 88+, and that could operate in left midfield.

In exchange Genk receive Yevhen Khacheridi, Kevin Pannewitz and £519k.

Kaiserslauten Start of season report:

League:

It has been a decent start if not spectacular. Eight games has seen kaiserslauten win six and suffer two defeats. The latest defeat in very unfortunate circumstances against giants Bayern Munich. More than holding our won we were reduced to ten men for the last hour and was unfortunate to lose despite a spirited display.

We sit in 4th place at this stage as Bayern are yet to drop a point and look imperious and perhaps unstopable for another Bundesliga title.

Charity Shield:

Again the luck was not with Kaiserslauten as they bravely took the game to bayern Munich and in a thrilling encounter the game went to penalties after a 3-3 draw. Bayern however got the better of a high quality shootout winning 6-5 on PK'S.

German Shield:

Kaiserslaten again fell to the curse of the penlty shoot out after yet another 3-3 draw this time against Koln in round two. Despite coming from behind on three occassions Kaiserslauten were unable to see off Koln and yet again lost on the penalties.

SMFA Champions Cup:

Kaiserslauten looking forward to another campaign in Europe's prmier competition were disgruntled to say the least to get the group of death featuring Ajax, Real Betis and a certain Spartak Moscow.

The campaign has started ok with a 2-2 draw against Betis in Germany. Betis have a top side and we had to come from behind twice to earn a point with Marquez and Misimovic among the goals.

This was followed by an astonishing display as Kaiserslauten without there full side travelled to the giants of GC 1 Spartak Moscow and came away with an historic 4-3 victory. Walcott, capoue and a brace from Javi Marquez earning Kaiserslauten a famous win. Qualifacation with the strength of the group is highly unlikely but we will enjoy it while it lasts!

Transfer news has been quiet to say the least with Pauley said to be exasperated at some of the ridiculously stupid asking prices in this GC, beyond any sense of reasoning trying to negotiate with some managers in here. The only arrival being that of promising youth player Inigo Ruiz De Galarreta from Unam Pumas.

A source close to former Racing Santander and current Roma manager Jock Stein has today spoken of his growing doubts about whether he made to right decision to move.

"He felt that bringing the title to Racing Santander was the best he could have hoped to achieve at the club and wanted to leave on a high" our source has said "but he is worried that Roma are not responding as he wants and feels frustrated that he can't seem to stamp his authority on his new charges" he continued.

"But he is no quitter and there is no way he'll want to bow out on a low, so I'm positive that he has every intention of seeing it through - the only way the baying Roma fans will get him out is in a body bag".

Stein himself was less forthcoming "Get out of my *expletive deleted* way, I've got trophies to win!" was his only response when reporters asked him to comment on the allegations.

Can't get interested in Arsenal again so decided to quit them, had them for years so it's difficult but there's no point keeping them when I can't be bothered to do tactics half the time anymore.

Was going to take Grimsby and try to build from the bottom, but...

'The Club's Chairman will not employ you as your reputation in this Game World is poor due to you managing many Clubs for short periods of time'

Obviously 4 years and 515 games is too short :) Will have to see if I can use another account instead :rolleyes:

Just decided to become a GM again for a month as the price was cheap and frankly I've been in every top setup that's free,I had Udinese beforehand and enjoyed the challenge in a lot of ways but this time I've tool over Dundee,bottom of the Scottish League with a team value of only £15.1 Million means it'll have to be completely rebuilt and that's what I've always felt I was best at.

Obviously got nothing to work with P/E wise so is anyone selling players for cash? not really bothered about rating to be honest,but I'd prefer it if they were under 30 ad I'd prefer to build a young side for the future.

3 completed signings and 2 more accepted for Grimsby, will need to move a few more out then before adding anyone else.

Paul Jones joins for £800k from Arsenal, kept Joe Lewis out of the Peterborough team until recently and supposedly only dropped to try and get Lewis sold this month.

Also another keeper in Daniel Yeboah for £1.1m, Ivory Coast international and just signed for Dijon.

Final one completed so far is Elliott Bennett for a record fee of £6 million. Big price but the potential to be a very good Premier League player.

Accepted bid on Frazer Richardson for £468k + 5th choice keeper. Done well for Southampton this year and should get a decent rise if SM decide they can be bothered to review the Championship, if not then I'll have to wait until they get promoted again ;)

And finally for now, Marcello Trotta for £3 million. Maybe a little high but he's been excellent on loan at Wycombe although 3 of his goals did come against Exeter's tinpot defence. :P Briggs and Frei have been given plenty of games this year so hopefully Trotta will get his chance next season.