Re: Gold Championship 1 News

Posted Images

1REDSTAR.jpg

Red Star Update .....

Job Offer Rejected

German big guns 1860 Munich came calling when their managerial role became vacant - they were swiftly rejected.

Transfers

Not much to report recently with the exception of an accepted bid on Mexican youngster Daniel Cervantes of Necaxa.

Results

Wed 4 Jan Division 1 [H] 8 - 1 Maccabi Haifa (Saviola x3, Kaka x3, Aogo x2)

Sat 7 Jan Division 1 [A] 0 - 2 Olympiacos

Mon 9 Jan Med Sh QF [A] 1 - 1 Hajduk Split (Miguel Veloso) (Lost on pens)

Wed 11 Jan Division 1 [H] 2 - 0 Besiktas JK (Saviola x2)

Sat 14 Jan Division 1 [H] 2 - 1 Trabzonspor (Chicharito, Kallstrom)

Since the turn of the new year form has been ok with only a blip against Olympiacos standing out as a disappointment.

Kaiserslauten Update:

League:

Six games have passed since I last wrote with Kaiserslauten gaining thirteen points. Highlights in this spell have included high quality victories against top class sides in TSV Munich and Greuter Firth. The solitary defeat coming at the hands of Erzebirge Aug.

These results leave Kaiserslauten in 3rd at this stage of the season one point behind Bundesliga new boys Monchengladbach and six behind reigning Champions Bayern Munich who have had a dodgy couple of results lately enabling the chasing teams to stay in a better position than perhaps expected.

SMFA Champions Cup:

A hard fought 2-2 draw with Ajax and a 6-0 thrashing of Real Betis sees Kaiserslauten sit top of Group H unbeaten after four games. However with a probable defeat against Spartak to come it could well boil down to needing to beat Ajax on the final day to progress. A really tough group but we have given ourselves a chance.

1REDSTAR.jpg

Red Star Update .....

Job Offer Rejected

German big guns 1860 Munich came calling when their managerial role became vacant - they were swiftly rejected.

Transfers

Not much to report recently with the exception of an accepted bid on Mexican youngster Daniel Cervantes of Necaxa.

Results

Wed 4 Jan Division 1 [H] 8 - 1 Maccabi Haifa (Saviola x3' date=' Kaka x3, Aogo x2)[/color']

Sat 7 Jan Division 1 [A] 0 - 2 Olympiacos

Mon 9 Jan Med Sh QF [A] 1 - 1 Hajduk Split (Miguel Veloso) (Lost on pens)

Wed 11 Jan Division 1 [H] 2 - 0 Besiktas JK (Saviola x2)

Sat 14 Jan Division 1 [H] 2 - 1 Trabzonspor (Chicharito, Kallstrom)

Since the turn of the new year form has been ok with only a blip against Olympiacos standing out as a disappointment.

Man I would have loved that 1860 side wish I never left Schalke to take over Leyton Orient just because they were a better team. I am pondering just now whether to quit them or not and grab a German team because I am just not feeling them and it's to much work trying to stay out of debt and keep hold of the good players.

I've had them for about a season roughly if you count the games this season and I sell a few players play to games then they're back in debt then i need to sell again. They are currently 20m in the red but even if I sold loads and got the squad down to 30-40 it wouldn't make a difference because I want to get back in the German league.

what to do what to do.. .. :(

Man I would have loved that 1860 side wish I never left Schalke to take over Leyton Orient just because they were a better team. I am pondering just now whether to quit them or not and grab a German team because I am just not feeling them and it's to much work trying to stay out of debt and keep hold of the good players.

I've had them for about a season roughly if you count the games this season and I sell a few players play to games then they're back in debt then i need to sell again. They are currently 20m in the red but even if I sold loads and got the squad down to 30-40 it wouldn't make a difference because I want to get back in the German league.

what to do what to do.. .. :(

Sell some players to Lille? :)

New Appointment at 2 Division Koln

After just about 38 games in charge of Leyton Orient in the Championship the Scotsman has decided enough was enough and returned to the Bundesliga II this time with Fc Koln.

Friel had previous spells at Sc Frieburg and Fc Schalke before grabbing the opportunity to manage one of Englands high profile but underachieving clubs in Leyton Orient. He took them to the play offs and narrowly missed out on promotion but has now admittedly realised his heart was never in it and a return to Germany was the best outcome he could have hoped for. So once Colonge came calling without hesitation he immediately handed in his resignation which was fortunately accepted by the Orient Chairman and thus a new era begins.

The Scotsman was in the stands on Wednesday night to see his side record a hard fought win against Dirk Schusters Stuttgarters Kickers at Waldaustadion. The goals came from O.Antonov H.Gombani and A.Amasha. Friel however is expected to bring in a host of new faces within the coming months after all the clubs millionaire owners announced there will be a war chest available at his his disposal and said they will back him fully.

The first man to sign up for Koln was none other than Martin Montoya a player the Scotsman believes has a excellent future ahead of him in the game. Montoya who arrives from CSKA has come out and said hes ready to grasp the opportunity with both hands and is delighted to be finally guaranteed first team football.

20100929dasdasftb_103.jpg

£16m Montoya Hoping To Help Koln In Their Push For Promotion.

You forget to do tactics for one night and boom! You're six points adrift of Teb and out of the title race. :(

Now you know how I felt for those 300+ games. I escaped to Barca and I'm further adrift of the league leaders than I used to be back at Shakhtar :D:o

Want to do deals with this team, but am just way too lazy to send out PMs etc because I look at a manager's name and immediately think 'Nope, never going to get a fair deal'.

Which reminds me! Just seen your bid for Luiz, sorry for not replying earlier :o

1REDSTAR.jpg

RED STAR TAKE A PUNT ON ELM

Elm.jpg

23 year old Swedish international midfielder Rasmus Elm arrives from Hoffenheim in exchange for Inter starlet Philippe Coutinho. Despite being loathed to lose a potential top player in Coutinho, Red Star are delighted to land a player that has impressed consistently since his return from injury and has been linked with moves to Man Utd and Lazio.

Elm's arrival is likely to hasten the departure of countryman Kim Kallstrom as Red Star seek to use the 90 rated 29 year old in an exchange deal to strengthen in wide areas.

Team currently looks like.....

REDSTAR.jpg

Can't blame him they're 20m in debt have 200+ players half you wouldnt know who to sell and you get rubbish bids for your high rated players. Oh and it is impossible to get rid of Julio Cesar.

Nothing personal to him but if you announce yourself as the new "high profile" manager and disappear promptly afterwards it's a bit :o.

Would only take a committed manager to spend half an hour researching some of the under 85 rated players to get rid of the average ones and wipe out the debt and then you are left with a nice little squad with a couple of real nuggets in Hummels and Kompany.

My Red Star loses £500k a week but I manage to stay afloat without selling my best players for cash????

After exhaustive negotiations that lasted almost two months thanks to inactivity from both managers, Shakhtar decide to deal with the devil and bring in Aly Cissokho from Spartak Moscow. Andriy Yarmolenko and Pierre Aubameyang move in the opposite direction.

Like most deals that Teb conducts, no doubt I'll eventually come out on the losing side of this. However, I need to improve my defence and I'm happy wih the deal. Today at least... :o:P

Nothing personal to him but if you announce yourself as the new high profile manager and disappear promptly afterwards it's a bit :o.

Would only take a committed manager to spend half an hour researching some of the under 85 rated players to get rid of the average ones and wipe out the debt and then you are left with a nice little squad with a couple of real nuggets in Hummels and Kompany.

My Red Star loses £500k a week but I manage to stay afloat without selling my best players for cash????

I completely agree, you could sort that squad in no time.

I thought Thaliwal was going to be an interesting addition to GC1 after I enquired about Benatia, and his opening offer was an exchange for Jordan Henderson, Abel Hernandez AND Alberto Botia...

I completely agree' date=' you could sort that squad in no time.

I thought Thaliwal was going to be an interesting addition to GC1 after I enquired about Benatia, and his opening offer was an exchange for Jordan Henderson, Abel Hernandez AND Alberto Botia...[/quote']

he is a class clown, he makes absolutely atrocious bids for your players, often announces a "massive sale" then when you make personally reasonable offers or any offer his counters are ludicrous.

I just don't deal with him, beter for your sanity. Also seems to be involved in quite a lot of "incredibly one sided deals" but hey maybe that's just me seeing it like that.

not a great loss to the GC in all honesty, he tries hard with some of his clubs so fair do's there but a lot of clubs I see him at in GC'S I'm in his record is incredibly poor.

Let's hope the Orient get a committed manager be a shame to see all Fred's work undone :(

I'm looking to make a few changes to my squad...

I'll discuss deals for any of the following players:-

Mathieu - LB/LM 89

Mesto - RM/RM 89

Zapata - CB/RB 89

Samba - CB 88

Cohade - CM/DM 88

Henderson - CM/RM 88

Cerci - Wing/Fwd 88

Ngog - CF 86

I'm looking for full backs, 1 central midfielder, wide midfielders and a forward.

I haven't posted anything here for an absolute age so thought it was about time I gave a little Spartak update...

The season has been successful thus far with only the one defeat in all competitions which was to Kaiserslautern at home in the SMFA cup back in December. It was avenged with a close away win a few weeks back so I find myself top of SMFA Cup Group H, although a loss in the last game could change all that.

I also scraped through some tough encounters with long term rivals Shakhtar; securing the Russian & Ukraine Shield on penalties and then bagging a valuable away win in the league which puts a nine point gap between us. Don't sweat though, Andy, Kuldeep showed last season that deficits can be overturned! :)

Tonight's game will also be tricky as I take on second placed Lokomotiv (many of whose best players, bizarrely, are on loan from me) followed by an SMFA cup game against Real Betis, and then away to newly managed Dnipro two days later.

I am in a bit of a quandry about the loans to Loko, their manager (nice chap) claims he is entitled to these loans this season following a deal we did for Balottelli / Young (not sure what possessed me there) but I thought the loans were just for one season (last season). Due to the changes in the PM system I can't find our conversation on this, and SM have also indicated they can't trace it. What would you guys do?

On the transfer front, as Andy has said Cissokho has left for pastures new after joining Spartak for £2.9m and Laszlo Sepsi back in October 2009 when he was rated 86! I don't like letting good players go (especiall to Shakhtar!) but I am keen on Yarmolenko and have gone off Cissokho a bit lately.

The only other high profile deal I have done lately was to re-sign Sagna yet again. Brazilian Lucio headed the other way. Bit of a gamble given Arsenal's somewhat precarious European prospects, but I think Lucio is past his best rating having slipped out of the national side and given Inter's (and his own) inconsistent form.

I am still looking to move on Drogba, Terry, and Lampard amongst others. Am mainly looking to deal with someone who wants some instant success and doesn't mind parting with some youth prospects in exchange. I fear there are not many like that in GC1 though! Most of my players are available actually so if anyone can be bothered drop me a PM. I would like to reduce my squad size - if you think your wage bill is huge think what mine is like... (self inflicted so shouldn't complain)