Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Gold Championship 1 News

Posted Images

Oh dear.:o

i tried , its not like i sold all the best players and just left the team now is it. to be fair i did scout around on the players and whenever i try to sell these 84/5s someone takes over the team in trying to sell to as the gold is very active. So i actually couldnt get out of debt what so ever and develop the team how i wanted.

ukfootballfan101- when i say im interested in these 3 dosent mean i want them all , just means those are who i like ;):P

ray1981 - " a massive clown" , sorry mate but i just don't like getting ripped off by your deals B) Your reasonable bids are pathetic and i know you would not accept them yourself , a shock i dont think so:rolleyes:;) i know im good and take haters on the chin

Stifler - i gave it a try so what can you do , on the brink of losing top players as well because of concerns. We have talked before , reasonable enough tbf.

The first half of the GC1 season is over and I thought it was a good time to reflect on Boca Juniors.

In the league it has been the most successful first half of a season ever for Boca Juniors after reaching the 50 point mark as a result of 16 wins and two draws. The sole defeat was a 0-1 defeat at home against Flamengo.

The 46 goals scored so far are the highest in the American league, a large part due to the excellent form of Rodrigo Palacio who contributed 15 goals and leads the goal scorers in his league right now. With 15 goals conceded Boca Juniors is joined with River Plate for having the best defense at the halfway mark of the season.

Unfortunately, in the SMFA Shield Boca Juniors was already knocked out in the first round by Chelsea on penalties. Also on the domestic Shield competition the team exited relatively early – once again due to a 0-1 defeat at home this time to Cruz Azul.

The starting 11 of Boca Juniors is now finally comprised of an all South American line-up (ten native Argentines and one Brazilian).

Sergio Romero in goal remains the #1 choice goalkeeper. But while this position was the clear weakness some 12-15 months ago, GK is now probably the strongest with back-up by ter Stegen (rated 85), Argentine Marchesin (85, on the fringes of the national team and apparently receiving some interest from European clubs incl. Ajax), Costa Rican international Esteban (rated 84) and Argentine youth international Andrada.

The 19.3m in cash paid for RB Cristian Villagra (rated 88) was the highest transfer fee paid this season and addressed the RB problem that Boca Juniors had for several seasons. Selling 34 y.o. Marco Cassetti for 22.4m (when still rated 89) last October funded the purchase and resulted in a replacement that is some 8 years younger.

LB Fabian Monzon is the starter with the lowest rating – but hopefully real-life interest by the likes of Arsenal will result in a summer transfer and a rating increase for the player who is tied as the best goal scorer at Nice right now.

The starting CBs Cata Diaz (rated 89) and Gabriel Milito (rated 88) are 32 y.o. and 31 y.o. respectively and eventually need replacement. But with 15 goals conceded during the first 19 league games they did well enough for the time being.

In midfield starting DM remains Mario Bolatti (rated 88). Following the departures in CM of Veron and Sebastian Battaglia (for a total of 33m) the CM position is now led by Brazilian Wesley (rated 88) with the support of Fabian Rinaudo (rated 87). Back-up Claudio Yacob (rated 86) joined for 8m cash early in the season – as a result, Carlos Carmona (same rating but slightly older) was allowed to leave on transfer for 17.5m cash. Hopefully rumours of interest by Arsenal in Yacob come true - but I believe that only when I see it.

Wing/Fwd Sebastian Leto is frustratingly still rated 87 (despite 15 league goals in Greece so far) but scored 9 goals so far for Boca from the left wing. Following the sale of Citadin Eder for 10.5m cash back-up for Leto is now Spaniard Moreno Rodrigo (also rated 85, who joined in Oct. for 8.2m in cash).

Pablo Ledesma remains the starting RM (rated 87) at a position where Boca Juniors remains very light.

Top striker Palacio (rated 90) had a fantastic season so far and can be replaced either by Leto or 20 y.o. Spaniard Vazquez Alvaro (rated 86).

A total of 19 players are currently on loan while also some of the lower-rated players such as Franco Vazquez (rated 78, 7 games as a substitute), Julian Fernandez (rated 76, 6 games), Florian Jungwirth (rated 74, 4 games) managed to get some minutes to keep them from jumping ship so far.

Overall in terms of transfer 15 players joined so far for a total of 48.0m in cash paid while a total of 14 players left for almost 80m in cash leaving a nice transfer gain.

The second part of the season starts tomorrow night at fellow Argentine rivals Independiente who are currently in 3rd place with 42 points (tied with Chivas in 2nd) and realistically one of the two remaining rivals in the title chase (assuming that Flamengo in 4th with 18 points less has already quite a sizeable gap to close).

Unfortunately, top scorer Palacio is suspended as is best defender Cata Diaz while DM Bolatti remains injured. So it does not look too promising for Boca Juniors to get points tomorrow night but hopefully the team can perform overall heroics again in the second part of the season to bring the league title to the La Bombonera for the first time since 2010…

Kaiserslauten Update:

League form improves and progress in Europe:

League:

Seven games have passed since I last wrote with Kaiserslauten amassing sixteen points. The solitary defeat coming at the hands of Hamburg but five victories have been obtained most notably against League high flyers in Greuter Firth and most notably possibly our best display of the season to give 2nd placed Monchengladbach a 5-1 spanking at the Fritz Walter Stadion, a win inspired by a hat-trick from on-loan Nicolas Gaitan.

Kaiserslauten currently sit in 3rd place a point behind Monchengladbach and five behind reigning champions Bayern Munich. We sit six points clear of Hamburg in fourth place and with the return of Eden Hazard and Marco Reus after injury spells out we hope to push on. Long-term absentee Mikael Ciani still three weeks away.

SMFA Champions League:

Kaiserslauten were unable to repeat there heroics in Moscow as we slipped to a 2-1 home defeat against the all conquering Moscow, a decent display but no reward as Moscow showed there class. It left a winner takes all clash to decide who qualified with Spartak into the knockout stages against Ajax. Having played out a draw earlier in the campaign it was always going to be tight but Kaiserslauten managed to edge out Ajax by a solitary goal with Chedjou, Schreiber and Theo Walcott the hero's on the night.

The last sixteen saw kaiserslauten paired against Belgian Heavyweights RSC Anderlecht as kaiserslauten enter unknown territory on there 2nd season in the Champions League we have our first knockout tie in what should be an interesting encounter.

A strange case indeed...

Etienne Reijnen, the talented emerging CB for Dutch outfit AZ came wandering into my office today with a worried look on his face.

I knew what it was about and cut him off at the pass...

"Before you say anything son, I've told you, you'll have to be patient for first team opportunities."

"I understand that gaffer and it's not that. I have this awful feeling that I can't shake. As if something really terrible is going to happen."

"Have you had any bad luck recently? Hurt any black cats? Walked under any ladders?

"No no", he said. Shaking his head dismissively. "It's something worse than that. I can feel it. I'm chilled through to my very bones. It's as if a dark shadow is hanging over me."

"Have you had any training ground incidents with any of the players? You know you can tell me and we'll sort it out.

"The lads are all great with me", he said. "Boss, I'm really, really scared."

At this point I was starting to get a tad worried.

"It's almost like the grim reaper is standing behind me."

"The reaper you say. Hmm..." A light bulb lit in my little brain.

"Give me a sec". I hammered away on the keyboard and sure enough the information and the answer appeared before my very eyes.

"Don't worry about it son. It'll be alright."

"How can you be so sure boss?"

"Teb at Spartak has short listed you. But you wont be going anywhere."

I've never seen a footballer so happy.

Two strange cases today. First your player getting the frighteners put on him. Second, Fraser creating a witty post that genuinely made me chuckle. :) You know you want to sell him to me Fraser. There is no point throwing out these diversion tactics, the devil is too tempting!!!! :D

In other news, managed to successfully jinx my side after bragging about my unbeaten run. A disappointing CL draw against an admittedly excellent Messina, was followed by my first league defeat of the season.

Not much else to report, been hitting my PM limit most days the last few weeks trying to seal some deals but have stirred up more bile than activity (the last thing I want to do is offend people with my offers, honest) although even that is preferable to the silence normally received.

Most of my players are available, happy to trade up or down, if anyone is interested please PM me. It's only really cash and lame ducks I am keen to avoid and the latter is obviously a matter of opinion... so try me.

So Amr Zaki who gets transfer listed due to lack of games at Dortmund, where he had 4 strikers rated higher than him and one the same at 87, ends up joining Lazio with Garcia, Cabanas, Pellissier (all 88), Crouch and Derdiyok (89) also at the club.

Don't have a problem with the Lazio manager buying him as it's his team and I don't agree with concerns anyway, but it seems rather pointless that Zaki should decide to join because unless they decide to sell 2 of those he'll just end up getting unhappy again. Obviously not saying he should join the lowest rated side either but surely it would be better if any player over the age of 21 could decide that he wouldn't play regularly and then you move onto the 2nd highest bidder and he decides whether he would get games there and so on..

So Amr Zaki who gets transfer listed due to lack of games at Dortmund' date=' where he had 4 strikers rated higher than him and one the same at 87, ends up joining Lazio with Garcia, Cabanas, Pellissier (all 88), Crouch and Derdiyok (89) also at the club.

Don't have a problem with the Lazio manager buying him as it's his team and I don't agree with concerns anyway, but it seems rather pointless that Zaki should decide to join because unless they decide to sell 2 of those he'll just end up getting unhappy again. Obviously not saying he should join the lowest rated side either but surely it would be better if any player over the age of 21 could decide that he wouldn't play regularly and then you move onto the 2nd highest bidder and he decides whether he would get games there and so on..[/quote']

the prob with most of this is it involves sm having comon sence

surely it would be better if any player over the age of 21 could decide that he wouldn't play regularly and then you move onto the 2nd highest bidder and he decides whether he would get games there and so on..

I suppose because it would make it a nightmare to sign to sign any player over 21 who you think has a good chance of an increase that makes them part of your first team squad. Which doesn't seem right. People are already crazed enough over youth. Also it would be a bit unfair on those who don't just pick players on rating - which I don't understand personally, but there are a couple out there.

• 2 weeks later...

Kaiserslauten Update:

League:

Eight games have passed since I last wrote and Kaiserslauten have managed to accumulate a decent seventeen points. The highlight of which was a 5-0 spanking of Borussia Dortmund. There was also a spirited display to come from behind and earn a point against champions Bayern Muncih courtesy of a late Eden Hazard equaliser.

Results have gone kindly and kaiserslauten currently sit top of the Bundesliga with ten games to go. But with bayern Munich and Borussia Monchengladbach a point and two behind respectively it is all to play for as the Bundesliga looks to have narrowed down to a three horse race but Kaiserslauten have many difficult fixtures ahead so it is going to be a very tall order.

SMFA Champions Cup:

Kaiserslauten dissapointly exited at the last sixteen stage after a 4-3 aggregate defeat to Belgians Anderlecht, despite battering the Belgians on stats at home we could not find the extra goal we needed to progress on away goals and the Belgians progress who we wish well for the rest of the tournament.

German Cup:

Kaiserslauten exited at the earliest possible stage as Borussia Monchengladbach gained revenge for the thuimping they took in the League with a 2-1 victory at the Fritz Walter Arena.

• 3 weeks later...

With only 5 league games and 15 points to play for it looks an opportune time for another season update on Boca Juniors.

Halfway through the season all looked well with the team eight points clear at the top on 50 points. It took about two games or so and Boca Juniors found themselves one point behind Chivas in second place for a large part of the second half (of course, any math wizards will quickly realize that its is not possible to squander an eight point lead in two games – but annoyingly it wasn’t far off and certainly evaporated too quickly).

However, the team stabilized its performance and now is back in the lead on 77 points ahead of Chivas 75 points and Independiente on 72. Flamengo had a good run but now with 63 points in 4th place looks all but mathematically out of the title race.

Palacio would get my vote for Boca Juniors player-of-season having amassed 30 goals and 15 assists out of a total of 70 goals scored by the entire team so far. Looks like he could even eclipse thes 32 goal career best he achieved in season 6.

In the transfer market Boca Juniors were able to complete a few deals since the last update. By far the most money was spent by paying 8.5m to allow Lucas Viatri to return to Boca Juniors. He is also playing at the club in real life and I have been tracking him for some time.

While he is injured in real life at the moment he has a unique quality that no other player in my (certainly vast) squad currently possesses – having been accused in 2008 committing armed robbery to a hairdressing saloon! But seriously, he has been playing for Argentina before his injury and I believe his 85 rating has upside. And the money spent is not that much higher than what some newly-added 18 y.o. 75-rated players have been selling for recently in this GC.

Speaking of youngsters, Boca Juniors also added a few of those – in came the likes of Steven Zellner (German youth international for 460k), Gaston Rodriguez (460k), English youth internationals Jamaal Lascelles (3.3m) and Adam Webster (1.7m), ex-Liverpool Argentine Gerardo Bruna (2.4m), Venezuelan international Alexander Gonzalez (2.6m), 16 y.o. Carlos Gruezo (P/E) and the player with my favourite name – Yaya Banana (438k + Selim Aydemir) who subsequently already increased from 75 to 82.

Players traded away were Baris Basdas (5m), Moritz Stoppelkamp (10m), Zvonko Pamic (5.5m) and Sinisa Andjelkovic (10m) resulting in 110.2m received from transfers out this season vs 68.0m spent so far.

There were also some notable risers in recent week – LB Monzon finally rose to 87 making him the starter now over Strinic on 86. Also LB Garcia has improved to 83 – having in real life finally become a starter at Novara (on loan from Palermo).

CF Rudnevs was a pleasant surprise with his rise from 85 to 87 and he has now replaced 86-rated Alvaro in the pecking order to back up Palacio. In real life Rudnevs looks set to join Hamburg next season (that is if Hamburg can void the drop from the Bundesliga). So there could be more to come from him in the coming 6-12 months.

Finally, ter Stegen increased from 85 to 87 as well and is now #2 in the pecking order to back up GK Romero. He is currently on loan but interest for him seems high – already some of the best players have already been offered for him (such as Christopher Samba! ;)).

Now the season will continue with a match on Monday in the Cup quarter-final at home to Cruz Azul – the team to knock Boca Juniors out of the Shield at the same stage a couple of months ago.

Then in the league the remaining five games are all relatively tough with the away leg at Chivas in round 36 possibly playing a key role in deciding the title race.

With all that in mind: Viva La Boca!!!

Salomón RONDON has completed his move to Grimsby Town from Leyton Orient for £25,718,000. All other offers were turned down.

Didn't think I had a chance of getting him but decided to make an offer just in case.. just as well I did :o

Used up basically all the transfer budget on him but hopefully his goals will take us into the play-offs this season.

Salomón RONDON has completed his move to Grimsby Town from Leyton Orient for £25' date='718,000. All other offers were turned down.

Didn't think I had a chance of getting him but decided to make an offer just in case.. just as well I did :o

Used up basically all the transfer budget on him but hopefully his goals will take us into the play-offs this season.[/quote']

nice1 after some1 collapsed because didnt have enough money!!!

my chairman thought he was only worth 18 mill or something!! 60 million in the bank obvously means more to him.

Things are suprisingly going well for Milan... currently top of the table after a poor start to the season where I played catch up until very recently.

@Teb' date=' just remembered you dropped me a PM. Will respond shortly :)[/quote']

7 points clear now !

However I have a very very hard run in the last few games, including Roma,, Napoli and Lazio.

1REDSTAR.jpg

Red Star sign long-term target, Michel Bastos

MichelBastos.jpg

Michel Bastos completes his move to Red Star from Arsenal in exchange for Jose Angel and Moussa Dembele. I am a big fan of the Brazilian and was happy to give up two young stars to get the deal done. The 28 year old winger slots in to the left hand side of midfield for our end of season push.

Stars set to leave?

Kallstrom.jpgSaviola.jpgMangane.jpg

The seasoned trio of Kim Kallstrom (29yrs,90), Javier Saviola (30yrs,90) and Kader Mangane (29yrs,89) are all available for use in P/E deals. Ideally looking for Fwd/Wing and can offer any combination of the 3 to get the right one or may take an up and coming in exchange for one of them.

Form improves but run-in will be tight

A fairly modest season could turn out well with 5(maybe 6) games to play. Despite a poor start to the season, Red Star are sat in 3rd position in the league and still in with a title shout or possibly a 2nd placed finish that would bring Champions Cup football nest year. A recent lull with two straight defeats has been rectified with a change in formation and a renewal of good results.

Last 6 games...

D1 (H) LOST 0-2 v OLYMPIACOS

D1 (A) LOST 1-3 v BESIKTAS (Kaka)

D1 (A) WON 3-0 v TRABZONSPOR (Aogo, Kallstrom, Saviola)

D1 (H) WON 4-2 v FENERBAHCE (Kallstrom, Saviola x2, Rafinha)

CUP,QF (A) DREW 0-0 v PARTIZAN (Won on pens)

D1 (A) WON 3-0 v GALATASARAY (Stankovic, Hernandez, Rafinha)

Current line-up....

REDSTAR-1.jpg

Sorry to see you leave mate... not surprised as know you haven't been logging into them so much lately.

Coming back, Kuldeep?

Hoping the side is not taken apart by a series of clowns taking the job...

Dynamo manager also quit recently, which is a shame - my two historical rivals both unmanaged... :(

Coming back' date=' Kuldeep?[/quote']

NEVER! Even though I cannot do any deals with Barca, I actually have a chance of winning titles here in Spain :P! Might like to come back one day, but I doubt my team will be intact....

I've somehow managed to get myself into the top 10 managers currently in the setup (even though I've only won 3 titles :o), its actually funny how far ahead you are of everyone else.