Scott Grainger

Gold Championship 1 News

Re: Gold Championship 1 News

You've got a crunch 2nd to last game against Vigo.

My little Salamanca are having their best season ever. No player above 88 rated, mostly 87s in first XI and still challenging for title with 4 to go, hopefully should beat the 4th of season 10 and 62 pts if we are lucky.

Italy you have Livorno with 40M and ave rating of 85 which is decent in GC1

or Hellas Verona with a rubbish side but 150M

Scotland Dundee 40M 84 rated

France Sedan 85M 85 rated

Standard Liege 3M 85 rated

or Twente 158M 83 rated

San Lorenzo 210M ! 84 rated

Maccabi 65M 85rated

Slavia Praha 84 rated 132M

About the best you will get ..

Decided to take Palmeiras has they have a very good budget of £175m and they have Chris Smalling :) Going to keep hold of him until United are reviewed then sell him off. If anyone has anyone for sale for cash (not really likely) or available for loan let me know :)

EDIT: Actually may be willing to sell if I get a very good offer for him :)

I've somehow managed to get myself into the top 10 managers currently in the setup (even though I've only won 3 titles :o)' date=' its actually funny how far ahead you are of everyone else.[/quote']

Wow, I'm in there too. Surprising, really.

1REDSTAR.jpg

WINGERS ARE LIKES BUSES FOR RED STAR.....

.... spend ages waiting for one then two come along at once! Hot off the heels of the arrival of Michel Bastos, 27 year old Milos Krasic arrives at Red Star with Kallstrom and Obasi heading to Frankfurt in exchange.

Despite his troubles with Juventus this year, the former CSKA man remains a class act and a player I have long admired - the fact he is Serbian also is key for me giving the boys from Belgrade a suitably home-grown flavour with Subotic, Stankovic and now Krasic in the first team.

Krasic.jpg

Kaiserslauten Update:

Title challenge derailed, need to re-group to secure Champions League Football.

League:

Kaiserslauten's title challenge has come to an abrupt end after a dissapointing run has seen us amass only seven points from our last six league games. With the pressure mounting we have not proven up to the task and defeats to Eintracht Frankfurt, Carl Zeiss Jena putting th nail in the coffin. The only plus side was a vital win over Furth which has kept them at bay in the chase for Champions league Football.

With three games still to play Kaiserslauten sit third nine points behind BAyern who look set to retain the title. Monchengladbach sit 2nd three points ahead of Kaiserslauten, whilst we have a four-point gap to Furth in the race for the last Champions league Slot. Kaiserslauten have a fully-fit squad so we would hope to be able to secure the spot as long as we keep focus and composure.

No transfer news to report, no change there :P

TSG Hoffenhiem Update

I've been doing a few deals to try and rebalance my squad...

New Arrivals

Lewis_Holtby_280x39_948446a.jpg

Lewis Holtby arrives from FC Porto in exchange for Christopher Samba plus £4m.

BZL_2973_big.jpg

Vila Didac arrives from Shakhtar in exchange for Giandomenico Mesto.

john-guidetti-007.jpg

John Guidetti re-signs from Juventus for £6m.

I'll be playing Didac and Adbennour at left back next season so I'm looking to trade Jeremy Mathieu (89, LB/LM, 28, Valencia) ideally for a goalkepeer, message me if you'd like to do a deal.

Monchengladbach's first season back in Division One sees them finish 2nd. Major accomplishment for me. Pushed Bayern all the way to the final game too. A poor end of season cost us a potential League title. Ah well, managed to finish above Ray, which is impossible in all of the other GC's I battle it out with him in.

Milan win the league title on the last day of the season after slipping down to second with one game to go. Had a poor start to the season but from then on i was pretty good !

This is the only the second time iv won the league :eek:

Delighted

Last week Boca Juniors finally managed to secure the league title in Latin America with a 2-1 victory at rivals River Plate in the Superclasico.

River Plate were ahead 1-0 after 26mins but goals by Wesley after 35mins and Sebastian Leto after 49mins with his 14th goal of the season ensured the win in a match that Boca Juniors dominated with 68% of the possession.

In the end Boca Juniors finished the table top on 84 points ahead of Chivas on 79 and Independiente on 74. This is finally the third league title after wins in seasons 6 (albeit under a different manager) and 10 therefore guaranteeing qualification for the SMFA Cup next season.

Palacio scored the most goals in the league with 32 – thus equaling his personal best since the title winning season 6.

There was a bit of activity on the transfer market since the last update. Argentine RB/RM Gonzalo Prosperi (26/85) left for 12.5m in cash and Austrian Wing/AM Daniel Royer (21/82) for 6.2m cash.

Royer joined by P/E in Nov. 2010 when he was rated 80. In real life he is playing for Hannover 96 but requested to join 1860 München in the German 2nd division next season in order to get playing time. As he will turn 22 y.o. next month and would likely develop concerns I was willing to let him go and take the cash due to his limited rating upside near-term.

Similarly Prosperi had joined in August 2010 in a P/E plus cash but never managed to improve his rating to at least 86. In the meantime there are several better prospects in particular for the RB position in my squad – so again happy to pocket the cash and let him move on.

Players joining included Argentine AM/Wing Leonardo Jara (20/78) in a P/E + 725k cash, Brazilian youth international RB/RM Rafael Galhardo (20/78) in a P/E from an unmanaged club, Colombian international RB/RM Juan Cuadrado (23/86) in a P/E + cash from an unmanaged club and Argentine AM/CM Juan Cavallaro (17/75) in a P/E from an unmanaged club.

These transfers allowed to trade away some non-Latin American players who were above 21 y.o. and thus had the risk of concerns but limited potential for ratings increases in the short-term. In return I picked up Galhardo (who in real life plays for Flamengo and is part of Brazil’s extended Olympic squad), Cuadrado (who did well this season at Lecce on loan from Udinese and is thus apparently tracked by various teams including Arsenal, Milan, PSG or Napoli) and two Argentine prospects in Jara (who seems to have made it into the first team at Estudiantes) and Cavallaro (currently in the Argentine 2nd division but tracked by Anderlecht for a potential transfer).

For the season this means Boca Juniors spent around 72m on new players (about half of that amount on the three Argentines Villagra, Yacob and Viatri) while realizing 129m from players sold.

Well that's what total apathy gets you, Middlesbrough are relegated from Div 1! :eek:

Just like in real life it'll do us the world of good though as it'll liven things up a bit with something new to chase.

And no, Botang is not going to be jumping ship (especially for straight cash :rolleyes:), he's looking forward to the challenge

Spartak complete the quintuple after a SMFA Champions Cup final win against Sporting CP. Condolences to Sporting and their manager, Kara, who toppled the mighty Man Utd in the semi-final but was dogged by injury and suspension in the final.

If I win the SMFA Super Cup, is that the sextuple (as it would be in real life) or not because it falls into the next SM season?

Drop me a PM on the game if anyone want loans for next season, please. First come first serve by PM not bid.

Spartak complete the quintuple after a SMFA Champions Cup final win against Sporting CP. Condolences to Sporting and their manager' date=' Kara, who toppled the mighty Man Utd in the semi-final but was dogged by injury and suspension in the final.

If I win the SMFA Super Cup, is that the sextuple (as it would be in real life) or not because it falls into the next SM season?

Drop me a PM on the game if anyone want loans for next season, please. First come first serve by PM not bid.[/quote']Great opening sentence, one you don't see too often! :P

EDIT: Though surprisingly it gets 1,650 results on google, mainly thanks to Man Utd...

Hi,i thought id introduce myself my name is robert i just recently started SM and bought gold straight away i managed to grab huddlesfield in league 4 and got them promoted after being in charge for 7 games i won the play of final :) thanks to a little help from a few people who were happy to give me advice an loan me players.

but now i traded them in for luton town so hopefully i can get to know a few people here an will be happy to play against you all next season

Boca Juniors started the new league campaign with an emphatic 5-0 win at home against Palmeiras.

Just over 50,000 supporters turned up to see goals by Cata Diaz (14mins), Leto (51mins), Wesley (76mins) and Rudnevs (82 and 83mins). Palacio (the leading scorer in the previous title winning campaign with 32 goals) was suspended for the match but the team compensated his absence very well.

This was also the first competitive game for pre-season signing Erik Lamela who managed one assist in the game. Lamela did not come cheap – the cost was a combined 12m cash plus 84-rated GK Alvarado Esteban and 86-rated CF Vazquez Alvaro. But Boca Juniors has currently plenty of cash, the GK position is one of the best positions (with Romero, ter Stegen, Marchesin and Andrada) and also the CF/Fwd position has some young talent behind Palacio, Leto and Rudnevs.

So Lamela will hopefully play for several seasons at Boca Juniors and joined along with some other young players since the last update – 18 y.o. German youth international Mitchell Weiser (a bargaining at 2.4m cash given that in real life Bayern München are considering to pay an even higher amount to purchase him), 16 y.o. Argentine Lucas Cano (for 428k + player) and 17 y.o. Uruguay U20-international Mateo Carro (750k + player).

There were also a few players transferred away – 85-rated CM Felipe Seymour for 15m, 21 y.o. Fwd/Wing Knowledge Musona for 10m and 84-rated CF Shoki Hirai for 10m. All three players cost originally less than 7m combined and thus provided a nice profit which justified the significant cash outlay for Lamela.

On Monday night Boca Juniors travel to Sweden to play their first SMFA Cup match in a while at Helsingborgs IF and on Wednesday the next league match follows at Corinthians.

1REDSTAR.jpg

Crvena Zvezda 1 - 0 Nacional da Madeira

The reserves kick off season 15 with a narrow margin win over unmanaged Nacional. Javier Saviola's penalty was enough to seal the points.

Colchester up next in the SMFA Shield.

43263_1321794833.jpg30700_1320055829.jpg

Looking to swap 1 of Victor Ruiz or Dejan Lovren for a LB / Fwd / Wing/Fwd / AM/Fwd or CF. Could also add Javier Saviola to the deal if required.