Gold Championship 1 News

Re: Gold Championship 1 News

***WORLD CUP QUALIFIERS***

MEXICO [1] <> BELGIUM [1]

Huge match in Group 11 tonight sees Mexico guarantee qualification for Argentina 2013.

VELA gave them the lead in the 53rd minute but GILLET scored a crucial equaliser in the 79th to clinch a vital point and keep Belgium's hopes alive!

The stunning result was Norway losing 1-2 at home to Iraq!!!!

With 1 game to play, Coach Jose Nowinho's Mexico are top of the group, 1 point ahead of Norway in 2nd.. And 3 points ahead of Belgium in 3rd.

Belgium play Norway next week, which means only 1 of these teams can climb above the Mexicans, so they are guaranteed to finish in the top 2.

PRESS CONFERENCE

[Reporter]

"Congratulation Coach Nowinho!!

How proud are you to lead Mexico to a World Cup finals?"

[Nowinho]

"It's a great effort to qualify from a tricky group.

Both Belgium & Norway are strong, tough opponents.

But we were consistent, only lost 1 game and the players played some terrific football."

[Reporter]

"Is there one match that stands out for you?"

[Nowinho]

"Easy.. The win away to Norway was essential.

They took the lead in this match but we fought back to beat them 2-1.

Those 3 points gave us a real chance to finish in the top 2.

[Reporter]

"What can Mexico achieve in Argentina?"

[Nowinho]

"We could win the whole damn thing.

We'll be there so we might as well try."

1REDSTAR-1.jpg

Red Star are on a decent run at the moment - despite a slip-up at Trabzonspor. Have opened up a 4 point gap at the top of the Med league and have one foot in the semi's of the SMFA Champions Cup - albeit fortuitously as the 5-0 win over Napoli in leg1 of the quarters was HIGHLY flukey as the stats were even.

LAST SIX MATCHES

Sat 5 Jan D1 [H] 3 - 1 Hajduk Split (Immobile x2, Chavez)

Wed 9 Jan D1 [A] 1 - 2 Trabzonspor (Zabaleta)

Sat 12 Jan D1 [H] 3 - 0 Panathinaikos (Baena, Kokorin x2)

Mon 14 Jan SMFA CC, QF, L1 [H] 5 - 0 SSC Napoli (Gomis x3, Bastos, Krasic)

Wed 16 Jan D1 [A] 4 - 2 Maccabi Haifa (Falcao x2, Kaka, Gomis)

Sat 19 Jan D1 [H] 7 - 0 Nacional da Madeira (Stankovic x2, Zabaleta, Valero, Cannella, Falcao, J.Pereira)

Real Madrid looking to do some deals, can offer any two of my squad (except Casillas) for one of yours, pretty open to deals but not interested in cash, but can offer as much cash as my chairman will allow for a player, got 740 million to play with if anyone is interested get in touch,

Thanks

Real Madrid looking to do some deals' date=' can offer any two of my squad (except Casillas) for one of yours, pretty open to deals but not interested in cash, but can offer as much cash as my chairman will allow for a player, got 740 million to play with if anyone is interested get in touch,

Thanks[/quote']

A half decent offer for Gerard and he can go..

marcos vitorino takes control of Nacional da Madeira.

This season your Chairman expects you to avoid finishing bottom of the league.

Nacional da Madeira were founded in 1910 and play their home games at Estádio da Madeira in Funchal. The club is also known as Os Alvinegros. They have a rivalry with Maritimo.

let's see what i can do :)

good luck to you all

Hello gentlemen, been looking for a club in here for a while now and could never get anything decent :o

So decided just to grab a side with a decent stadia and cash for nicking new youngsters or transfer listed players.

Gary Mack takes control of Newell’s Old Boys.

This season your Chairman expects you to avoid finishing bottom of the league.

Newell’s Old Boys were founded in 1903 and play their home games at El Coloso del Parque in Rosario. The club is also known as Los Leprosos.

Good to see some of the usual top forum managers involved in here and to those who don't know me Hello ;)

Have had a fruitful first few days in charge...........

In come.......

Florian Lejeune = Been very impressed with him whenever I've seen him and has just joined Brest on loan where he is getting plenty game time due to Baysse being injuried.

Bernard Malanda = Moved to Zulte at the start of the season and has been impressing big time, with premiership interest shown in January.

Lindsay Rose = Just moved to valenciennes where he will probably take Isimat-Mirins place in the summer.

Also managed to nab David Gil (linked to man Utd) and Raul De Tomas this morning with a few more squad players brought in to bolster the squad..... most notable being Shane Long (who I don't particularly like, but he is better than what is at the club

Took over Clyde on the 6th Jan....

Since then have played 11 games, won 8 and lost 3.

I pleased with that. I've managed to help them climb up to 15th from 19th in the league and I'm also in the semi-finals of the Scottish Cup.

Problem is that I'm already thinking of next season and I really don't want a bad start or have a yo-yo season!

I was hopping to strengthen this team as soon as possible ready for the new season.

So If any of you guys have any players with the ratings of 85+ for cash or maybe we could do some 2 for 1 deals.

Please contact me by private message on here or on the game.

Cheers :)

Nacional da Madeira outclassed Maccabi Haifa and beat them 4 - 1 in their Division 1 fixture.

Tomas scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Balboa and Juninho were also amongst the goalscorers.

always nice to win. 3 more games to go. luckily still no defeat 'til now. maybe next game? :D:D

lot's of work to do in Nacional...

1REDSTAR-1.jpg

RED STAR CHAMPIONS!

Crvena Zvezda are once again champions of the Mediterranean league, tonights 2-2 draw with Sporting giving us a 7 point cushion with a game to play after Galatasaray lost.

2777_1359495434.jpg

Player of the season has to be Javier Saviola whom has 18 goals from 18 appearances - despite being marginalised by the arrival of Falcao.

Two more games of meaning to play - tomorrow night will see the return leg of our SMFA CC semi-final with Kaiserslautern, however we are not hopeful of progressing having suffered a 0-3 defeat in Germany.

48 hours later, we will once again face Sporting CP, this time in the Med Cup final.

Barcelona pretty much guarantee retaining their La Liga title with a 1-0 win over Villarreal. We sit 3 points ahead of Real Sociedad (who we play in the final game), but they need a 23 goal swing (well 24 because of our superior goals scored statistic).

2nd leg of the Champions Cup Semi Final at home tonight, with us 1-0 down after the first leg to my old team Shakhtar.

1REDSTAR-1.jpg

Smfa CC - Semi Final, 2nd Leg

Crvena Zvezda 2 - 1 Kaiserslautern

(Kaiserslautern win 4-2 on aggregate)

The miracle turn-around did not materialise despite a valiant effort by the reserves - Bacelar Douglas and Gohi Bi Cyriac on target for Red Star as we pick up a second leg win against a much changed Kaiserslautern side to save a little face.

Ray & Kuldeep will go head to head in a mouthwatering final.

Next up for Red Star is the Mediterranean Cup Final on Tuesday.

Managed to overturn a 1-0 deficit from the first leg with two goals in the second half by Van Der Vaart and David Silva, who had to take over playmaking duties due to the suspension Xavi incurred in the first leg.

As Stifler said, Ray's Kaiserslautern in the final as they look to retain the title they won last season!

1REDSTAR-1.jpg

Mediterranean Cup Final

Crvena Zvezda 1 - 1 Sporting CP

(Sporting CP win 4-2 on penalties)

Despite having the better of the game, Red Star required a late equaliser from Michel Bastos to take the cup final to penalties. Misses from Isla and Valero proved costly as Sporting emerge victorious from the lottery of penalties.

The league and charity shield is the final haul of silverware for season 16.