Gold Championship 1 News

Re: Gold Championship 1 News

Gary Mack steered Newell’s Old Boys to victory against Toluca.

Newell’s Old Boys beat Toluca 4 - 1 in their Division 1 fixture.

Long scored a brace and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Taïder and Logashov were also amongst the goalscorers.

good result for us against a very strong Toluca

Interesting end to the league in Spain. Top two against each other for the title' date=' my Madrid need a draw to guarantee CL football against a Villarreal fighting relegation.[/quote']

Wasn't really on for Sociedad, they needed a 12-0 win. Beat them with the C team just for good measure though to win the title by 6 points.

Clyde finish the season with a 2 - 2 draw against Livingston. However what an incredible second half of the season they've had since I took over.

Climbing from around 18th to finishing 12th in the league after a amazing turn around in fortunes for them.

Since my take over Clyde lost just 2 games and drew 2 in the last 13 league games.

Only other defeat was in the semi-final of the Scottish cup vs Gretna.

16 games in all competitions with only 3 defeats.

good result for us against a very strong Toluca

Disgusting and shameful performance from Toluca tonight.

BUT

The season has been impressive.

5th place finish in the league & winners of the shield.

Thanks to TEB for his loans.

Hopefully Toluca can achieve that elusive top 4 finish next season.

This was one of the worst clubs in all GC's for several seasons.

Now they are genuine contenders for titles!

After a terrible season in which Steaua Bucharest finished 14th in Central Europe, new manager insider is ready to turn around the tables. Picking up a demolished team with just 2 weeks left in the season, he's been active on the transfer market, shelling out insane amounts of cash to pick up young stars for the team.

The new season will see a new star featured at the center of the lineup, midfielder Miralem Pjanic. Pjanic will be flanked by fellow singings Patrick Ebert and Djamel Abdoun. Striker Jeremie Aliadiere has been in full form since joining the club, with 2 goals and 2 assists in 4 games. He'll be centering the attack.

Steaua is still looking to bring in more players, especially defenders, though they are having trouble competing in this inflated transfer market.

Current lineup:

1. Kirkland

2. Matoukou 4. Leonardo Silva 3. Bunoza

17. Abdoun 7. Carvalho 10. Pjanic 8. Ebert

11. Salcedo

9. Aliadiere 18. Leandro

5. Sireix

6. Putivtsev

12. Bandura

13. Ynclan

14. Sare

15. Astvald

16. Wozniak

After a terrible season in which Steaua Bucharest finished 14th in Central Europe' date=' new manager insider is ready to turn around the tables. Picking up a demolished team with just 2 weeks left in the season, he's been active on the transfer market, shelling out insane amounts of cash to pick up young stars for the team.

The new season will see a new star featured at the center of the lineup, midfielder Miralem Pjanic. Pjanic will be flanked by fellow singings Patrick Ebert and Djamel Abdoun. Striker Jeremie Aliadiere has been in full form since joining the club, with 2 goals and 2 assists in 4 games. He'll be centering the attack.

Steaua is still looking to bring in more players, especially defenders, though they are having trouble competing in this inflated transfer market.

Current lineup:

[center']1. Kirkland

2. Matoukou 4. Leonardo Silva 3. Bunoza

17. Abdoun 7. Carvalho 10. Pjanic 8. Ebert

11. Salcedo

9. Aliadiere 18. Leandro[/center]

5. Sireix

6. Putivtsev

12. Bandura

13. Ynclan

14. Sare

15. Astvald

16. Wozniak

nice. good luck.

Been a funny season for Spartak.

Narrowly won the league which is really hotting up with some excellent managers working wonders with their squads. Won the two cups but still smarting after being dumped out the SMFA cup early. Great to see so many managed clubs in Russia & Ukraine.

Been working hard on some deals the last few week or so and signed Hummels in exchange for Schmelzer and Pato after a lot of discussion with the new Leyton Orient manager.

Immediately got slated for this by the Ajax manager, who took it upon himself to label the deal a pathetic sham with no explanation. I am not sure why my deal in particular was a "sham" which is an interesting choice of words. Also unsure why the equally legitimate deals undertaken between Leyton Orient and other managers did not receive any criticism. I wish people would man up and just PM me if they have issues with me.

The deal, predictably, gets reversed today. The other deals by the new manager stood. For me this is everything that is wrong with SM. A deal where two people spend hours throwing ideas around gets reversed because someone bitter sends a report to someone who is incompetent in a decision making role, yet a deal where the manager leaves the next day (or does a deal for reasons besides improving his squad, seeing lots of this lately) is allowed to stand.

I signed Busquets too recently after weeks of discussion but no doubt the green-eyed monster brigade will be all over that one too. It's got to the point where I am not sure what deal I can do that my critics will find acceptable.

How annoying must it be for people with weaker squads to have big deals reversed? I am lucky that my squad is already stacked as it would drive me mad otherwise.

After taking over what can only be described as a very poor side, Old Boys have managed to bring in a few decent players, nothing to flashy, but solid with rises in the future.

we will probably be relying on loans to take our avg rating up again next season, but a top half finish after ending the season with a disappointing 17th place is the goal.

Thanks to Teb, the Boca juniors and Celtic managers for the loans ( I may be dropping back into see you before next season ;))

Starting XI now looks like this.....................

649173_Newell

Wasn't really on for Sociedad' date=' they needed a 12-0 win. Beat them with the C team just for good measure though to win the title by 6 points.[/quote']

With SM it wouldnt surprise me if a 12-0 win for them happened after they went down to 10 men within the first 5 minutes!

I finished third after taking over with about 10 games left, moved Madrid up from about 8th so im happy with that, although I forgot to set my team for the spanish cup final which was a let down...

Barca win the Champs Cup on penalties against a strong Kaiserslautern side who were looking to retain the title they won last year!

Barca dominated on possession and found themselves 2-0 up through a brace by Karim Benzema, but a lapse of concentration led the German side to draw level with two goals in two minutes. No further goals were scored and we went to penalties, the Germans missing two penalties and Barca ran out 4-1 winners in the shoot-out!

Delighted, as this is probably the hardest setup to win a Champs Cup in.

Looking for an 89+ goalkeeper seeing as SM screwed me out of Helton/Adler by reversing legitimate deals and not reversing ones which depended on those deals....

SK Autria- The Challenge Begins

Thought I'd take over a massive challenge in one of the best GC of all time' date=' Will make regular updates on here..[/quote']

Good luck. Unless you have a huge bank, a generous chairman, and you can snap new prospects and nab top players who hand in transfer requests, I would say it will be an impossible task. Well .. depends on what your plan is. If it is to win your division, then this is possible of course. If you wanted a real challenge though .. you should pick up a team in the Russian league and try and win that division :D

Good luck. Unless you have a huge bank' date=' a generous chairman, and you can snap new prospects and nab top players who hand in transfer requests, I would say it will be an impossible task. Well .. depends on what your plan is. If it is to win your division, then this is possible of course. If you wanted a real challenge though .. you should pick up a team in the Russian league and try and win that division :D[/quote']

that would of been the impossible task, with Teb(Steve) and that in Russia, and i'll achieve something with this side over time!

SK Autria- The Challenge Begins

Thought I'd take over a massive challenge in one of the best GC of all time' date=' Will make regular updates on here..[/quote']

welcome Nick i have recently taken over Helsingborg and am doing the Scandinavia challenge.

having a big clear out first before i see what talent is left if any :o

1REDSTAR-1.jpg

Red Star looking for a defender (CB)

Keen to add a decent 87+ defender to the side ahead of next season. Can use any combination of the below in exchange for the appropriate player....

Saviola (89), Barrada (88), Kokorin (88), Valdivia (87), Weiss (87), Immobile (86), Ferreyra (86), Guidetti (85), Sagbo (85), Cyriac (85).

Last night Scotland managed to lift the World Cup for the very first time in GC1.

Having scraped through qualification with a home win in the very last match, Scotland suffered a set-back in the group stage of the World Cup when being hammered 0-3 by arch rival England.

However, playing for 72 minutes one man down (following a red card for Bardsley after 18mins) Scotland recovered from being 0-1 to beat Ivory Coast 5-4 in a thrilling match to qualify for the knock-out stages.

In the first round opponent Brazil looked like the final match for Scotland but the team dominated the South Americans and Steven Fletcher (after 38mins) and James Morrison (70mins) secured a 2-0 victory and quarter-final qualification.

Following further wins against Portugal (in penalties) and 1-0 against Italy in the semi-final secured the first ever World Cup final for Scotland in this GC.

After a goalness draw in extra time in the final with Cameroon penalties were once again the decider. Despite an early miss by Darren Fletcher Scotland managed to come back once again and Steven Naismith finally scored the decisive penalty from the spot to secure the title.

Steven Fletcher shared the golden boot together with Ronaldo having played a fantastic World Cup while McGregor kept the team in the competition with several vital saves.

And only today did I realize that this was my title 150 across GCs - certainly a memorable one and fitting the occasion :)

New Porto manager here. I went in to look at a team and a nice River Plate with a few good youth players was there, and so I took them. Later during the night searching teams for anyone to buy (which there is all) I noticed that Porto were available, and I took them. They have a deep squad, and most of them will need to get worked out. And I have been so busy since. :D

I brought in Markus Suttner, 84, of FK Austria Wien who are well on top in Austria and should win the league, from FC Twente for 5.2 million. He is a regular international and should rise to 86 if Austria gets reviewed. I would expect him to move out of Austria in the future and can rise further. :)

Barca win the Champs Cup on penalties against a strong Kaiserslautern side who were looking to retain the title they won last year!

Barca dominated on possession and found themselves 2-0 up through a brace by Karim Benzema' date=' but a lapse of concentration led the German side to draw level with two goals in two minutes. No further goals were scored and we went to penalties, the Germans missing two penalties and Barca ran out 4-1 winners in the shoot-out!

Delighted, as this is probably the hardest setup to win a Champs Cup in.

Looking for an 89+ goalkeeper seeing as SM screwed me out of Helton/Adler by reversing legitimate deals and not reversing ones which depended on those deals....[/quote']

I can give you Helton for something decent enough if you are still interested. :) I am looking for younger player/s.

Re: Riferimento: Gold Championship 1 News

Hi' date=' I'm the new manager of River Plate! :D[/quote']

Welcome mate. That was the team I joined a few days ago until Porto popped up to take over. Some nice players you have there, if there is something at my team you want then I will want one or two of those good youngsters you have. :D Have a great season. :)