Gold Championship 1 News

Re: Gold Championship 1 News

I won't be surprised if you defeat me mate :)

My form has been up and down this season, and my understanding of the match engine went out the window long ago so I don't think I can claim to be the best manager anymore despite anything the Best Manager list says!

Good luck to you anyway, if I have to lose to anyone I would rather it be to a forumer. :)

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Posted Images

helsingborgs apoint new manager

scandanavian giants, helsingborgs IF were left without a manager when stepeh partington quit after just ten games in charge. however, previous lokomotiv moskow manager, matthew horn had the oppurtunity to take hold of the reins, and try to win the scandanavian league title for the first time in 4 seasons.

helsingborgs currently sit 4th in the table, only 3 points off the leaders, and dont have the distraction of a european competition to take part in this season, so all concerntration will be put into winning the league, and with pllayers such as alexandre pato and ander herrera in their ranks, new manager matthew horn believes it can be done.

helsingborgs will be looking to bring in some new signings to strengthen the quality of their squad. i am willing to trade 2 or 3 young 83/84's (PLUS CASH IF NEEDED) in exchange for any player rated anything between 86 and 88, as it seems unlikely i will be able to persuade anyone to sell me an 89. all offers will be considered

cheers guys & good luck

I won't be surprised if you defeat me mate :)

My form has been up and down this season' date=' and my understanding of the match engine went out the window long ago so I don't think I can claim to be the best manager anymore despite anything the Best Manager list says!

Good luck to you anyway, if I have to lose to anyone I would rather it be to a forumer. :)[/quote']

It indeed went as expected. Saturn did took the lead but couldn't resist the attack and lost 2-1. Not a bad result as Spartak did had 31 shots & 63% of possesion. So overall my defence as well as attack is good.

Next up is the one who ended 14 times unbeaten run of Spartak non other than Shakhtar Donetsk.

• 2 weeks later...

Svg wants the title.

After taking over Sparta Praha 3 weeks ago, Sven has already proposed how he wants to win the title in his first season in charge. Sven said,

"It will be a very difficult task as it is a very competitive division with 7 or 8 teams who are capable of winning it. The trick is consistency and I believe we have a squad of players who are able to remain consistent throughout the year"

Sven has already made dramatic changes to the squad he inherited at the end of March with six players coming into the frame and thirteen players walking out the exit door.

"I am not a fan of having fourty plus players in my squad, I think it is very stupid as you can only have eleven players on the pitch at one time. I want to get a squad of twenty-six to twenty eight players who have enough quality and experience to win the league. I don't to build for the future I want to win the competition now."

Carlos Gil, Cordova Cleo and Edgar Andrade have already made massive impacts on the Sparta Praha side showing their quality in previous games.

Sven's Spartans are away to the unmanaged CSKA Sofia this weekend in a bid to challenge for the title and the ever witty Sven is confident he can wrap up all three points.

" I never put any pressure on my players to win, I just tell them they cannot lose."

Match preview: Sparta praha vs cska sofia :

Sven's men travel to CSKA Sofia looking to go six games unbeaten and remain in the top four.

Sven said: "It is a very important game for us. We need to improve on our last performance as it was below par. There will be a re-shuffle in the first eleven as players are becoming too complacent and some are not 100% fit. It is compulsory that we gather all three points today, otherwise it will be classed as a failure."

Also, Manchester United have accepted a 7.5 million pound bid for Denys OLIYNYK. The winger should complete the deal in the next 24 hours. Sven mentioned,

"At the moment he is still a Manchester United player so I cannot comment on him. But, from what I've seen he is a raw player that needs smoothing off round the edges for him to become a fantastic player."

teams.logo.24.45x45.png

17M wasted. Yes guys 17M. Steed Malbranque the record signing for Saturn FC got badly hurt in the last game. Rumours are that he will be out for 3 weeks. Saturn played league leaders Torpedo Moscow and got beaten 4-2. Though Malbranque scored a goal but got a return gift for this from Torpedo. The Saturn manager said, ''This must be the worst signing made in this GameWorld ever. I'm speechless now.''

Sven slams sweet officials

Sven Goran Errikson has been given a warning by the FA after throwing a fruit pastille at the referee after he gave CSKA Sofia a soft spot-kick. The outraged sweet dasher couldn't believe his eyes when the referee pointed to the spot and was going "fruit and nuts" in his technical area.

Sofia converted the spot-kick and the game finished 1-1. Once the ninety minutes were up Sven consulted the referee, reached into his armani suit pants and threw a fruit pastille at the referee's head.

Sven said, " It was really frustrating. We worked so hard and our plan was to score early then keep a clean sheet. However, the referee has ruined our plans, not Sofia. I initially wanted to eat the fruit pastille but saw it was a green one and I don't like green fruit pastilles. So, I thought I'd make better use out of it and let the referee experience some pain, as I did when he awarded the penalty."

The Spartans have, however, extended their run of unbeaten games to six on the bounce and are looking on course to finish in the top four.

This morning Sven said, "We are playing well, and I have installed a mentality into the players where we must not lose. Our squad is improving every week too, especially with Denis and Danny coming into the squad this morning, it strengthens our team dramatically. We play Bochum in a friendly tonight, so it is a great opportunity for those two players to start gelling into the team."

REAL BETIS APPOINT NEW MANAGER

9k=

yesterday eveing, spanish outfit, real betis appointed matthew horn as their new first team coach. matthew horn has some brief previous experience in GC1, managing lokomotiv moskow, and helsingborgs for relatively short amounts of time. However, Horn now believes that he has finaly settled once and for all, and plans to achieve great things with the team.

"I have taken over what i believe to be one of the better teams in the league, and i want to show that by winning trophies for the club. The club has been going through a hard time recently, with alot of managerial changes over that past week or so, but i believe that i'm the right man for the job. my main aim this season, is to qualify for the SMFA champions cup and i fully believe it is more than possible to finish in the top 4, if we can manage to string together a good run of wins. and obviously to win the SMFA shield would be nice also."

Betis currently sit 9th in the spanish premier division, which as it stands would be just enough to see them qualify for the SMFA shield.

yesterday, Horn had his first game in charge of Betis, and it was in the second round of the SMFA shield, against fellow spanish rivals, celta vigo. Going into the match, real betis had a narrow 1-0 lead, and faced a tough match away to celta vigo. the match ended with Betis emerging as 1-0 victors, meaning they progressed comfortably into the next round, winning 2-0 on aggregate, and drew german side grether furth in the round of 16.

"Grether Furth are a great side, managed by one of the best managers around, but after studying the team, i noticed they arent on a very good run at the moment, so we have every change that we can beat them and progress into the quarters, and possibly go on to win this thing. there are some outstanding teams in this competition, such as rennes, newcastle, palermo etc, but i genuinly think we can do it."

today, Matthew horn announced that he will be listening to offers on all of his players, but only part exchange offers will have a chance of being accepted.

"i dont want 2 lesser players for one better, as my current squad depth is perfect, but i will listen to offer consisting of 1 similar rated player, + a decent youth, or an older, but higher rated player in exchange for one of my better players."

Sven: "our toughest game yet"

For the first time this season, ol' blue eyes seems somewhat shaken by tonight's fixture. Sparata Praha host in form Basel tonight. Basel have already seen off current champions Slovan Liberec in a thrilling 3-2 at the champion's home and this appears to be worrying the tactical genius, Sven Goran Errikson.

"Look, Basel are a good side, but so are we. However, the form guide shows that Basel are favourites tonight and they should be expecting the win after such a terrible start to the season. We will go out there in front of our home crowd and get the ball down and play football and hopefully will be good enough to grab the win."

Sparta Praha also introduced Spanish playmaker Mikel Arteta into the squad this morning. A fantastic coup for such a "small" club.

"Look, Mikel is a fantastic player, his track record shows that. He was just unfortunate that he plays for the best team in the world right now. The Spartak Moscow manager was excellent, we offered for the player and he accepted within a few days, we cannot ask for much more. Apart from Messi, we'd like Messi. But, seriously, Spartak Moscow will definitely be a club we do business in the future."

When asked on whether Mikel will start for Sparta tonight, Sven said, " A categoric NO. Mikel has travelled a long way in the past few days, he will be on the bench and if need someone in the last few minutes to get their foot on the ball he will be the man I turn too."

Sven was up to his usual tricks again when talking about recently appointed Real Betis manager Matthew Horn.

" I hope Mike is successful at his new job. It is a very tough job, but he has the squad for the task. It's just whether he has the patience to stay there and help them progress and I hope for the club and the fans sake he does. But to be honest it wouldn't surprise me if he left tomorrow."

Re: Sven: "our toughest game yet"

For the first time this season' date=' ol' blue eyes seems somewhat shaken by tonight's fixture. Sparata Praha host in form Basel tonight. Basel have already seen off current champions Slovan Liberec in a thrilling 3-2 at the champion's home and this appears to be worrying the tactical genius, Sven Goran Errikson.

"Look, Basel are a good side, but so are we. However, the form guide shows that Basel are favourites tonight and they should be expecting the win after such a terrible start to the season. We will go out there in front of our home crowd and get the ball down and play football and hopefully will be good enough to grab the win."

Sparta Praha also introduced Spanish playmaker Mikel Arteta into the squad this morning. A fantastic coup for such a "small" club.

"Look, Mikel is a fantastic player, his track record shows that. He was just unfortunate that he plays for the best team in the world right now. The Spartak Moscow manager was excellent, we offered for the player and he accepted within a few days, we cannot ask for much more. Apart from Messi, we'd like Messi. But, seriously, Spartak Moscow will definitely be a club we do business in the future."

When asked on whether Mikel will start for Sparta tonight, Sven said, " A categoric NO. Mikel has travelled a long way in the past few days, he will be on the bench and if need someone in the last few minutes to get their foot on the ball he will be the man I turn too."

Sven was up to his usual tricks again when talking about recently appointed Real Betis manager Matthew Horn.

" I hope Mike is successful at his new job. It is a very tough job, but he has the squad for the task. It's just whether he has the patience to stay there and help them progress and I hope for the club and the fans sake he does. But to be honest it wouldn't surprise me if he left tomorrow."[/quote']

to settle everybody's mind, i would just like to confirm to the club and every manager in this gameworld, that i will definately not be leaving anytime soon. the only reason i left teams previously is because i wasnt very happy there and found it difficult to settle into the job. I apologise to the gameworld for joining and leaving so quickly, and i hope to re-establish myself with this new team. i am an experienced manager (although my rep points may not sahow it, but iv been playing the game over 3 years) and i know i should have stuck with the team i took originaly.

anyway, now all that's cleared up i would like to get back to footballing matters. Real Betis travel zaragoza tonight, and are gearing up for an incredibly tough test against joint leaders, Real zaragoza. Zaragoza are currently joint top of the spanish premier division, alongside barca and real madrid, with an impressive 30 points fro 13 games.

"last time this team faced Real zaragoza they suffered an embarasing 6-2 defeat. however, i am a different manager, and i am treating my new side as a different team also to who lost 6-2 to zaragoza previously. in my first few days here, i have seen so much talent here, talent capible of winning the league, and certainly capable of beating Zaragoza. but all that talent a team has means nothing if you don't use it correctly. we are going to get to Zaragoza, and when that whistle goes, i can assure you my players will give their all for the full 90 minutes, and not stop trying until that final whistle is blown."

Guys SOCIEDAD will listen to offers on any of their midfielders. I have a real glut of 88,89 (and one 90) midfielders, mostly young and with promise. I need more defensive cover. Not looking to do rubbish deals - i.e. my 23 yr old 88 for your 2 30 year old 84s!!! just looking for a fair deal - 1 mid for 1 def (any defensive position) of a similar age and rating. Or two of mine for one of yours of a higher rating. In addition YOHAN GOURCUFF 90, 26 can go for a lower rated defender as I realise he's not playing much in real life. Just PM in game or respond on here

Cheers

REAL BETIS: TRANSFER'S

on the 4th of may, Real betis midfielder, ricardo kaka will become available for transfer when his transfer ban ends. samuel eto'o will also become available soon after on the 12th of may.

real betis manager mattthew horn stated this on his post-match interview at the real zaragoza game when asked about his transfer activity. "yes, i will not hide the fact that i would like to bring in some new faces, and make this squad my own, and therefore, as tansfers in this gameworld are so hard to come by, i will be making two of my beter players available for transfer: Ricardo kaka and samuel eto'o."

both players have failed to make much of an impact since their arival at betis, kaka only getting 1 goal and 1 assist in 11 apperances, and eto'o with 3 goals and 6 assists in 18 apperances.

"so my message out to this gameworld is that those two are avaialable for transfer, if anybody is interessted then feel free to contact me now, so we can agree a deal and follow it through on the day they become available. obviously i will not be accepting cash only offers as our club balance is very high as it is. i believe that this is a fantastic oppurtunity for all other teams in this gameworld, as these are two very high rated players, that are infact very hard to comeby in such a competitive championship."

• 2 weeks later...

9k=4-0 Z

real betis storm to an amazing win over man utd

yesterday evening, instead of league matches being played, friendlies were organised as a break. fortunately, real betis were pared with english giants manchester united. Manager matthew horn saw this as the perfect oppurtunity to show what his team was really made of.

"I'll be truthful. on paper, united should have come away with a fairly comfortable result having felt like they'd just had another day at the office, so to speak. However, football is not played on paper, and although my players might not have been up to the standard of those united players, they certainly made up for it with their desire to go out and win the match. hopefully, we can use this result as a springboard to continue to progress in the league

Seems to be a lot of unrest in GC1 lately due to deals getting reported and reversed left, right and centre, and lots of finger pointing and angry News Feed posts!

Personally GC1 is still the gameworld that I lavish most attention on and I still think it is the best due to being so competitive. The transfer market is really tough and it is still all about player trades and spotting the risers; even harder with the way the rating system works these days.

The Russian and Ukraine league has really hotted up lately with an influx of good managers. Spartak find themselves in 3rd place and 4 points off the pace despite only two defeats. They also dropped out the Shield after winning this the last four seasons on the bounce (9 of the last 11 seasons). The Torpedo and FK Moskva managers are really showing me up despite the more talented squad at my disposal, and have done a brilliant job.

On the transfer front, Spartak have been relatively quiet. The last big deal saw Bonucci arrive but the price was high with Grosskreutz and Cambiasso going the other way. Talented youngster Zuparic has also joined recently and will hopefully improve with his real life move to Serie A.

I am generally trying to bring in some younger faces, but then in GC1, it seems like everyone is! This does mean that some quality veterans like Terry, Maicon, Lescott, and Arteta are available for younger players. Sure these players are on the dark side of 30 but with their ratings I would have thought they could provide a lot of good mileage to a lot of managers yet. Also thinking of trading Pepe.

I would listen to offers on anyone though so if anyone is keen to trade drop me a PM. I'm surprised not to receive more PMs, I am difficult to agree something with but nothing ventured, nothing gained. :)

swapped west ham 4 the red half of manchester!

the new hammer manager selling off the best players 4 cash!

now i wont be selling any 4 cash so please no more cash offers.

will trade any of my squad so please put some fair offers in.

cheers 4 reporting my kompany deal it only took 2 days sorting that deal!

sm need to look into transfers not 12 year old kids!

swapped west ham 4 the red half of manchester!

the new hammer manager selling off the best players 4 cash!

now i wont be selling any 4 cash so please no more cash offers.

will trade any of my squad so please put some fair offers in.

cheers 4 reporting my kompany deal it only took 2 days sorting that deal!

sm need to look into transfers not 12 year old kids!

Kompany deal got reversed wow it seemed fair enough Ferdinand and a 90 or 89 idiots why bother.

I hope people report the new West Ham manager....

Kompany deal got reversed wow it seemed fair enough Ferdinand and a 90 or 89 idiots why bother.

i think he at ajax now well for the time being lol, some1 prob reported that 1 too!.

every1 blaming the people reporting the deals its not the prob its sm not doing there job tbh.

ive got 85 days left if it carry's on im voting with my feet i think, its becoming a chore now not fun anymore.

teams.logo.24.45x45.png

City in Sorrow, Suburbs in Joy!!!

Saturn Moscow Oblast v Spartak Moscow Premier yHIFizZ5C9ql.jpg

Saturn FC.... Anyone heard of them? Well now you have. Saturn FC a club from the suburbs of Moscow defeated CSKA Moscow in the Luzinski to be crowned as the new USSR Cup champions. Saturn defeated CSKA by 4-2 in the final. The new manager was here to deliver a cup in his 3 seasons and he did that in his 1st one.

1291209638-zenit-celebrate-their-trophy_521196.jpg

The manager in the after match interview said

I was appointed here to deliver a win & we got it in the 1st season. I'm extremely happy to get it done in such a great competition. The players are fine though we need some players more' date=' but overall, we have an extremely talented squad and I'm happy to be here.[/quote']