Scott Grainger

Gold Championship 1 News

Re: Gold Championship 1 News

Welcome' date=' probably the best GC around, but half of the managers are completely ignorant, Kaiserslautern manager being one, anyone else been ignored time and time again off this idiot?[/quote']

classy doing it in here as well.

As stated I work 10-12 hr days then I have my daughter, my dogs and my missus who are far more important to me than an online game.

the fact that I may have missed or overlooked a message or two is not my primary concern. Can assure you it is not a deliberate act but I have a million and one things to do and when I get the time to go on SM I prefer to spend it on this forum particuarly in the general football section aNd very rarely log on to the main game to do anything but set tactics currently, mainly because of the time constraints I have.

There are loads of people on here who will vouch for me people who have been on here for ages in set-ups etc and my situation has changed and I respond as best I can, they also don't go on to call people names moron, idiot whatever suppose that is your educated response, tried to talk to you on a normal level but your not interested.

To be frank I don't personally care what you think if you want to behave in such a childish fashion then please do will be no skin off my nose.

By the way for such a big moron and idiot that I am then beating my Kaiserslauten with a side as big as Real Madrid should be easy for a manager of your intelligence and class.

Champions League S/F first Leg played tonight

Kaiserslauten 6 Real Madrid 1

Good evening to you to sir :)

Dynamo Moskva remain unbeaten since new manager's arrival.

Luis Veigas steered Spartak Nalchik to victory against Dynamo Moskva.

Spartak Nalchik beat Dynamo Moskva 2 - 1 in their Division 1 fixture.

Aguiar scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Chafni was also on the scoresheet for his side.

Happy with all the debutantes tonight, a lot more solid now so lets hope I can bring a few more players in soon.

Next season these fans will have more to shout about, I guaranty it! :)

Heart of Midlothian beat Dundee 3 - 1 in their Division 1 fixture.

Coutts scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance

A good start to my new job as Hearts manager! Already sealed a few deals to improve my squad so thanks to the managers involved for that.

Last night we fielded a weak team in view of our cup semi-final tomorrow. Normally don't like to do that but, as neither Dundee or us can affect the outcome of the league, didn't feel it was too unfair.

Expect to see some busy days ahead in the transfer market as we hope to try and bring some quality players to Tynecastle prior to the new season.

In real life Hearts have let go of several of their players and we will be pretty much doing the same.

classy doing it in here as well.

As stated I work 10-12 hr days then I have my daughter' date=' my dogs and my missus who are far more important to me than an online game.

the fact that I may have missed or overlooked a message or two is not my primary concern. Can assure you it is not a deliberate act but I have a million and one things to do and when I get the time to go on SM I prefer to spend it on this forum particuarly in the general football section aNd very rarely log on to the main game to do anything but set tactics currently, mainly because of the time constraints I have.

There are loads of people on here who will vouch for me people who have been on here for ages in set-ups etc and my situation has changed and I respond as best I can, they also don't go on to call people names moron, idiot whatever suppose that is your educated response, tried to talk to you on a normal level but your not interested.

To be frank I don't personally care what you think if you want to behave in such a childish fashion then please do will be no skin off my nose.

By the way for such a big moron and idiot that I am then beating my Kaiserslauten with a side as big as Real Madrid should be easy for a manager of your intelligence and class.

Champions League S/F first Leg played tonight

Kaiserslauten 6 Real Madrid 1

Good evening to you to sir :)[/quote']

I've been in charge for about thirty games, mature response though, your so mature with your girlfriend and children but this game that you never log onto means oh so much to you you decide to post a result and boast about it? i stick by what I said, you're a moron, I dont care what other people that have known you for oh so long think, I sent message after message, as I said its common deceny to reply, now Ill do what i did in game, and block you, you're a waste of oxygen

I've been in charge for about thirty games' date=' mature response though, your so mature with your girlfriend and children but this game that you never log onto means oh so much to you you decide to post a result and boast about it? i stick by what I said, you're a moron, I dont care what other people that have known you for oh so long think, I sent message after message, as I said its common deceny to reply, now Ill do what i did in game, and block you, you're a waste of oxygen[/quote']

please explain your logic, as I don't understand this.

you are blocking somebody, not because they are sending you horrible messages, not because they are cheating, but because they did nothing, which is pretty much what he did mate.

with the amount of good sides ray has, he probably receives a bloody lot of messages a day, one or two of which are from me. does he reply instantly to my messages? no, but he gets back to me when he can, and I'm sure he'd do the same to you, if you'd have shown a small amount of decency towards him but not posting a whole article about how he is a moron just because he failed to reply to a private message you sent him? it looks like you need to develop a vital skill called patience mate, it comes in quite handy sometimes.

in all honesty mate, you can't really block someone because they admitted they have a life outside of this game, and therefore don't spend every living minute playing SM, which is most probably more than can be said for you.

Heart of Midlothian lost 5 - 3 to Dunfermline Athletic on penalties after a 2 - 2 draw in their Scottish Cup Semi Final fixture.

Considering Dunfermline are cup holders and top of the SPL right now we are happy that we took them right to the wire at East End Park last night. In fact we could have been 3-1 up at one stage except for the Referee ruling Scott McDonald's perfectly onside goal offside.

They scored their equaliser a minute later while my players were still remonstrating with the ref.

Quite a few new faces on my team now. I have brought in some older experienced players for bargain prices plus a few younger prospects that I have had to pay almost treble their value for!! Good job the club is quite well off (for now anyway)...

I see there are more than a few managers that are obsessed with youth (should be careful - Jimmy Savile got a bad name for that..) but we still have a few interesting talents that we are targeting. Hopefully we will have a pretty good line up ready for the next season.

We have 3 loan players that only my incompetent Assistant Manager would agree to because they wouldn't make the bench ahead of the Tea Lady. However, I have a sense of fair play so I will keep them until the end of the season but after that they won't be welcome back. Unless they want to come back as spectators of course,,, ticket price is 28 quid but there is a 15% discount for ex-loan players....:D

please explain your logic' date=' as I don't understand this.

you are blocking somebody, not because they are sending you horrible messages, not because they are cheating, but because they did nothing, which is pretty much what he did mate.

with the amount of good sides ray has, he probably receives a bloody lot of messages a day, one or two of which are from me. does he reply instantly to my messages? no, but he gets back to me when he can, and I'm sure he'd do the same to you, if you'd have shown a small amount of decency towards him but not posting a whole article about how he is a moron just because he failed to reply to a private message you sent him? it looks like you need to develop a vital skill called patience mate, it comes in quite handy sometimes.

in all honesty mate, you can't really block someone because they admitted they have a life outside of this game, and therefore don't spend every living minute playing SM, which is most probably more than can be said for you.[/quote']

27 Jun 2013 20:30

2 Jul 2013 15:18

Subject: {no subject}

15 Jul 2013 20:11

Your argument is invalid, i have patience, but not 3 weeks of patience, and to be honest, i dont really care what you say about me spending all day on here, no, i dont, I work, but every message i get I reply to, because im not ignorant, think of me what you like, i cant stand anything more than ignorance especially when it takes 5 seconds to do. Thanks for the input though

27 Jun 2013 20:30

2 Jul 2013 15:18

Subject: {no subject}

15 Jul 2013 20:11

Your argument is invalid' date=' i have patience, but not 3 weeks of patience, and to be honest, i dont really care what you say about me spending all day on here, no, i dont, I work, but every message i get I reply to, because im not ignorant, think of me what you like, i cant stand anything more than ignorance especially when it takes 5 seconds to do. Thanks for the input though[/quote']

no problem

but I still don't understand why you think he's ignorant because he isn't replying to your message?

Completed my first full season at SK Austria had a brilliant season in terms of transfers and the way i was able to transform the side from a rubbish team to a half decent side which is not bad considering that its GC1

Finished in 6th, thanks to Stifler/Teb for the loans, much appreciated

R. SANTANDER had a better than expected season finishing 3rd in div 1. cleared out over 60 players to leave a manageable squad,

whilst I have enjoyed my season here I am leaving as I don't enjoy GC's as much as I thought I would, only buying from unmanaged clubs is not fun for me and wont be renewing my membership. I hope they get taken over and not raided and thanks to those who helped with loans.

1213 games with Boro, the 12th highest ranked manager (with some catch up to the biggies seeing as I only joined in season 6), back-to-back SMFA Shields, and the English Cup & Shield, but then 4+ seasons of apathy, zero transfers for ages, and ultimately deserved relegation. Hard to leave my beloved Boro but time to leave I think. All the best to those who still remain :)

1213 games with Boro' date=' the 12th highest ranked manager (with some catch up to the biggies seeing as I only joined in season 6), back-to-back SMFA Shields, and the English Cup & Shield, but then 4+ seasons of apathy, zero transfers for ages, and ultimately deserved relegation. Hard to leave my beloved Boro but time to leave I think. All the best to those who still remain :)[/quote']

sk austria challenge you to a Friendly?

3 season at the Austrian club and getting some decent players now, more to come soon

Sorry to hear talk of Smut and Jooles leaving. :(

Been a busy season at Spartak with 31 players leaving this season and 28 players joining. Most of these were relatively low key transfers, although Bonucci and Inler were strong additions to the squad. Schmelzer, Cambiasso, and Grosskreutz were the most notable departees.

On rating changes, Thiago Silva and Lewandowski got some good rating increases recently, but David Villa dropped again. Leaves the first team squad a hair stronger at a 95.83 average.

It was another close fought season in the Russian & Ukraine league that saw Shakhtar push my Spartak side all the way. Did win the league and charity shield but put in my usual ropey SMFA challenge and failed to win either domestic cup for what I think is probably a long time, so not the greatest season in terms of achievement.

Am looking to do plenty of deals and loans as usual so drop me a PM in the game (not here, please) if you want to discuss any options. Higuain and Villa, Pepe and Terry, Maicon, Arteta, Cabaye, Yarmolenko, Alderweireld, Rakystkiy, and many others can potentially go for the right deal.

Good luck for the new season ladies and gents.

LATIN LEAGUE - Toluca

One of my favourite teams to manage in SM.

Toluca have been a project that gets more enjoyable.

Last season saw us continue to strengthen the squad

and finish 3rd in the league, qualifying for the SMFA Shield.

And for the first time in years

a Mexican club has finished above one of GC 1's great sides,

Chivas de Guadalajara!!

They've been the dominant force in Latin America for many seasons

so it's good to bring some Mexican pride to the Toluca fans.

This season we aim to challenge for the title

but America de Cali and Flamengo will be hard to beat.

BIG THANKS to TEB

for his loans of Bonucci, Gaitan & Matic.

1276.pngGenoa CFC starts season at home against Parma

After finishing 10th last season and making it to the SMFA, this season Genoa would like to be a bit more ambitious. The chairman is realistic expecting to finish "in the top half of the table".

"It will be a long and hard season, opening at Luigi Ferraris tomorrow against Parma, and we are keen to start it!" the captain said.

Good luck to everyone and thanks a lot to Teb for the loans!

Yeah, I blame SM more than the people reporting the deals.

I report plenty of deals myself if I suspect that they are not legit, I think it is the right thing to do. I know that some people systematically report my deals as they think I am a cheat, which I think is a bit sad but I don't really object to it as they are entitled to their opinion and to act on it.

The Online Help says that SM will report unusual or dubious transfers but I really think they need to rethink this. Every deal can be considered unusual or dubious and this issue is just too subjective. SM should just focus on whether a deal is cheating these days i.e. conducted between managers with two accounts in one Game World etc.

Fairness used to be an issue but I think much less so now, as cash is becoming more valuable (slowly) and it is harder to do player trades due to the tweaks made to chairmen assessment of players in deals etc.

Obviously there will be examples of abuse that will need SM intervention, but this should not be as common place as it seems to be (especially in GCs) and reported deals should never be dealt with based on suspicion or a deal being poor for one party in someone's opinion.

I think it should just be down to the two managers to decide on a deal and then if their chairmen are happy, SM should be too 99.9% of the time.... as they programmed the chairmen after all.

Yeah' date=' I blame SM more than the people reporting the deals.

I report plenty of deals myself if I suspect that they are not legit, I think it is the right thing to do. I know that some people systematically report my deals as they think I am a cheat, which I think is a bit sad but I don't really object to it as they are entitled to their opinion and to act on it.

The Online Help says that SM will report unusual or dubious transfers but I really think they need to rethink this. Every deal can be considered unusual or dubious and this issue is just too subjective. SM should just focus on whether a deal is [i']cheating[/i] these days i.e. conducted between managers with two accounts in one Game World etc.

Fairness used to be an issue but I think much less so now, as cash is becoming more valuable (slowly) and it is harder to do player trades due to the tweaks made to chairmen assessment of players in deals etc.

Obviously there will be examples of abuse that will need SM intervention, but this should not be as common place as it seems to be (especially in GCs) and reported deals should never be dealt with based on suspicion or a deal being poor for one party in someone's opinion.

I think it should just be down to the two managers to decide on a deal and then if their chairmen are happy, SM should be too 99.9% of the time.... as they programmed the chairmen after all.

What do you mean you report deals if 'you suspect they arent legit'. What would class as suspecting an illegal deal? What factors would you look for? I dont get people that report deals just because they suspect and dont have the proof

What do you mean you report deals if 'you suspect they arent legit'. What would class as suspecting an illegal deal? What factors would you look for? I dont get people that report deals just because they suspect and dont have the proof

A deal like team A selling Messi for Ozil & Benzia of team B can look like a suspecious deal won't it? But what if this is the last deal of the 3 between the 2 clubs & they are planning to move Ramos to team A from team B as the next season starts? Now this deals looks like Messi for Benzia, Ramos, Ozil which is fair enough. But since it takes time to change season, you (who is new to the setup) suspect that this deal is illegal & we think that these managers are 1 & the same only.

Incidents like this can account for suspecious deals. Also the one which happened here was a suspecious one & so a new manager may have reported it. But SM should look that both Spartak & Betis managers are not same account. So there is no sign of cheating.

Barcelona have been unusually busy in the transfer market over the last month or two. Had to sacrifice a bit of quality to help build for the future.

Fernando Muslera joined from Lazio to end the search for a 90 rated GK after my double deal with Porto for Helton + Di Maria was reversed. Sven Ulreich and Kostas Mitroglou left the club in the deal.

Michael Carrick joined in a straight swap for Javier Pastore in a deal with Manchester United. Pastore then re-joined the club along with Joao Moutinho and Marquinhos with veterans Xavi and Puyol making the move to United.

Karim Benzema and Giovani Dos Santos also made their way to England, with Yaya Toure and Matija Nastasic joining in a swap deal with Liverpool for the Frenchman, and, Vazquez Alvaro and Ruben Garcia arriving from Bolton for the Mexican international.

A double deal with Club Brugge saw Thomas Meunier and Ivan Perisic join, with the South American trio of Neto, Nene and Matheu making their way to the Belgian club.

Finally Andoni Iraola left the club in exchange for Atsuto Uchida, Pascal Doubai also moving to FC Nantes for cash as part of the agreement.

Very happy with the deals so far, the squad was in danger of becoming a bit stale. Antonio Di Natale, Antonio Valencia, Jeremy Mathieu and Rafael Van Der Vaart are all still available for sale. Looking to add a couple of strikers to the squad and a few more defenders.

I was looking back on a few of my posts in this thread. Man I was an angry guy while I was at Shakhtar :D, had to wait over 300 games for my first winning honour, think I won my first one at Barca after less than 30! Did the League and Cup double last season, and hopefully can retain at least one of those again and actually make it far into the Champs Cup this time! Went out at the group stage last season after winning it the season before :o