Scott Grainger

Gold Championship 1 News

Re: Gold Championship 1 News

What do you mean you report deals if 'you suspect they arent legit'. What would class as suspecting an illegal deal? What factors would you look for? I dont get people that report deals just because they suspect and dont have the proof

What else can people report on though' date=' besides suspicion? It is pretty rare that anyone will have hard evidence... like a PM from someone saying "I am cheating", or looking over their shoulder and seeing a friend logging in next to them at school/work etc with a second account.

As to when I would report a deal... hard to say... I suppose it just depends on how it "feels". I generally report based on what SM say can be an illegal deal; i.e.:

[list']

[*]Buying a club's best players for low value

[*]Buying a club's worst players for high value.

[*]Conducting multiple transfers with the same club that are one sided.

[*]Any of the above prior to a manager resigning.

Particularly if the last one applies. Why deals are not automatically reversed in that situation, I cannot understand!

The first few are really subjective though and depends on each Game World. If it is a longstanding manager in GC1, I would think it pretty suspicious if they sold a high rated player for small amount of cash. If it is too low rated new managers joining at similar times and selling players for cash despite higher bids from other clubs, I would also report. Too many examples really.

I am sure I report innocent deals sometimes but I don't feel responsible for any of these deals being reversed. Any fault there is with SM. Our part is just to flag deals to SM. A report should not equal an automatic reversal and thankfully this seems to be less the case than it was a few months back.

What baffles me is when I see my deals being reversed when I know they are not the result of cheating on my part. Sure there is the SM get-out clause that the other manager might not have been acting fairly (knowingly doing a poor deal, for instance) but as I normally spend quite a while negotiating by PM it is normally pretty clear that this is not the case and that any advantage I have is the result of differences in opinions on values of players and what the other manager perceives as important to his team.

For instance - just sold David Villa to Manchester United for Eriksen and Fischer. I have no doubt people will be reporting this because the Utd manager was recently appointed, and Eriksen will be considered by many in GC1 to have been his most valuable asset. The deal therefore seems to tick a number of the hallmarks of suspicious deals listed above. Should SM reverse it though? Obviously, I don't think so. The Utd manager has made a number of deals designed to improve the rating of his best XI and is not age focused. Evidenced by his deals with Barcelona. Utd manager might regret such decisions, or he might not. Either way he is entitled to do what he sees best for the club (as am I) and look at the short or long term as he pleases. As both managers acted in good faith and both chairmen were happy with the deals, the deal should stand I think.

For me, regarding the deals I did with Betis recently, SM should have seen that we spent time negotiating by PM. They absolutely can check PM history between managers despite the suggestions I have seen saying they cannot. If they had checked that should have been the end of the story and the report should have been disregarded as I can't see many cheats bothering to fake a lengthy conversation.

Sure it could be argued that Spartak did better in those deals than Betis, but the reverse can also be argued, so I can't blame anyone for reporting them (if they really thought something was fishy) just SM for making a poor decision that frustrates both managers and potentially makes us both less inclined to make deals with managed clubs going forward - which is surely the opposite to what SM would like to see.

Sorry for the long post.

It's been an interesting couple of months at TSG Hoffenhiem, with a reshaping of my midfield almost being completed, there have been a few New Signings:-

Fernandinho joined from Derby County in exchange for Jordan Henderson and Joel Campbell

fernandinho.jpg

Andrea Poli joined from Celtic along with Federico Macheda in exchange for Mathieu Debuchy

Andrea-Poli-Sampdoria.jpg

Jakub Blaszczkowski joined from Real Betis in exchange for Dejan Lovren and Abel Hernandez

kuba-blaszczykowski.jpg

I've also made a new signing up front with Jackson Martinez arriving, also from Real Betis in exchange for Nacho Monreal and Koen Casteels

images730161_Jackson_Martinez.jpg

I'm now looking to make some improvements in defence...given my new look midfield, the following players are available in exchange for defenders:-

Renato Augusto (90 AM RLC)

Alberto Aquilani (90 M,AM C)

Walter Gargano (89 DM,M C)

Marko Marin (89 AM RLC)

And Others...

Happy to consider any deal for any 89+ rated defender, PM me.

its a privilege and an honour to have landed the Juventus job in the original and best Gold Championship. the team itself is one of the worst ive ever seen but the name is enough to keep me interested for ever :D

:eek:

Juve's chairman must be desperate... :P

400px-FC_Saturn_Moscow_Oblast_Logo.svg.png

Extraordinary Win!!!

Last night was an unimaginable one for the russian side Saturn as they went on to achieve something which is closer to impossiblity for a team like them. Yes indeed Saturn Ramenskoye became the 2nd team to defeat the mighty Ukrainian side Shakhtar Donetsk. Saturn defeated Shakhtar by 2-0. Japanese legend Shunshuke Nakamura became the catalyst in Saturn's win by scoring both the goals including his superb freekick from 20 yards.

The enthusiastic manager Justin was fully delighted with what his team achieved. In the postmatch interview Justin said, "It was an extraordinary result. Even I din't expected a 2 goal win. We were called dead wood with the signing that we did but now I can say that legends don't get weak. Nakamura, Henry, Piris, Mancini & Peluso were fantastic. Others were good too. With this win I'm now hoping to upset even the big red tebthereb. We have a team of that caliber & we've just proved that."

With this win Saturn has now jumped up to 7th with 23 points & Shakhtar slipped from 1st spot for the 1st time this season and are at 29 points. Unexpectedly FC Moskva which was under administration last season is now at the top. Whereas last season's champions Spartak Moscow din't had a good start of the season and after 13 games are at 6th position. The league is still fully open and there is immense possiblity for anyone to top the table.

its a privilege and an honour to have landed the Juventus job in the original and best Gold Championship. the team itself is one of the worst ive ever seen but the name is enough to keep me interested for ever :D

welcome oh mighty eminence excellence sir :D

juve is not being well treated in this gw since a long time. if i didn't like my genoa this much, i would have gone there myself to solve the problem ahaha...

please be gentle!

With this win Saturn has now jumped up to 7th with 23 points & Shakhtar slipped from 1st spot for the 1st time this season and are at 29 points. Unexpectedly FC Moskva which was under administration last season is now at the top. Whereas last season's champions Spartak Moscow din't had a good start of the season and after 13 games are at 6th position. The league is still fully open and there is immense possiblity for anyone to top the table.

Seems like morale is a much bigger factor in SM these days... I seem to have started the last few seasons poorly with Spartak only to finish strong and the only thing that changes is the morale of key personnel.

I suppose that will teach me to have such a big squad! Actually, it won't, as the match engine is still too poor, but I suppose that is SM's thinking... :eek:

:eek:

Juve's chairman must be desperate... :P

not as desperate as the fans who drove me to the stadium before you got the job :P

welcome oh mighty eminence excellence sir :D

juve is not being well treated in this gw since a long time. if i didn't like my genoa this much' date=' i would have gone there myself to solve the problem ahaha...

please be gentle![/quote']

I will make you proud ;)

Seems like morale is a much bigger factor in SM these days... I seem to have started the last few seasons poorly with Spartak only to finish strong and the only thing that changes is the morale of key personnel.

I suppose that will teach me to have such a big squad! Actually' date=' it won't, as the match engine is still too poor, but I suppose that is SM's thinking... :eek:[/quote']

Does this transfer to players with concerns.. just that i have been playing zieler gk 89 with concerns as my gk on one of my sides and have not had a start to the season as i would have wanted.. i was thinking this may be the case why and now seeing your post here makes me wonder..

if it's the case.. it shouldn't be as it effectively gives an advantage to the big clubs who can address concerns more easily and basically forces a manager not to play upcoming prospects with even 1level concernas it even further reduces their chances..

but i hope thats not the case

Does this transfer to players with concerns.. just that i have been playing zieler gk 89 with concerns as my gk on one of my sides and have not had a start to the season as i would have wanted.. i was thinking this may be the case why and now seeing your post here makes me wonder..

if it's the case.. it shouldn't be as it effectively gives an advantage to the big clubs who can address concerns more easily and basically forces a manager not to play upcoming prospects with even 1level concernas it even further reduces their chances..

but i hope thats not the case

Concerns are just an extension of morale mate, the greater the concern the lower the morale will generally be.

As for bigger clubs having an advantage when it comes to addressing concerns, I don't really follow - with Spartak I have a "big" club in terms of quality and depth and I think it is probably much more difficult for me to address all these concerns.

I suppose I am able to loan out players but that only really suspends other concerns, it doesn't solve anything and those concerns are and will be catching me up.

Concerns are just an extension of morale mate' date=' the greater the concern the lower the morale will generally be.

As for bigger clubs having an advantage when it comes to addressing concerns, I don't really follow - with Spartak I have a "big" club in terms of quality and depth and I think it is probably much more difficult for me to address all these concerns.

I suppose I am able to loan out players but that only really suspends other concerns, it doesn't solve anything and those concerns are and will be catching me up.[/quote']

;)

Well in terms of revenue i wouldn't consider you a big club, referring more to the barce's etc over clubs with 20/30k avg attendence

that said altough the big clubs can address concerns now in the short term have an advantage over a small club, over time this would not be able to continue

anyway scezeny is back in goal for me as of last night (i won :) zeiler im just gona let rot and address his concerns until i can decide which one i should choose long term :/

i hadn't looked at moral in about 2+ years on this game until one of my teams tonight, i think most my teams the moral is in good shape for the players i play.

gc-1 thread :/ sorry for off topic not that there's much of a topic anyway.

koln are out of contention right now for the title in germany ha!! maybe champs league will have to do for now :/