Scott Grainger

Gold Championship 1 News

Re: Gold Championship 1 News

RED STAR CROWNED CHAMPIONS

Last night, Crvena zvezda sealed the league title for yet another year, their 4th title in 8 seasons, however, this year the league was sealed by a different manager other than fans favourite and now departed, stifler.

New manager matthew horn was the man to guide them to the title, securing it with one game to go, with four wins in his first four games, including a 5-1 thrashing of besiktas, and two comfortable victories over fellow title contenders, SL benfica and Olympiacos.

"congratulations mr Horn, what do you have to say about your league win?"

"Im delighted to win the league, although I cannot claim this trophy, because if Stifler had not have done such a great job previously with this side, I would not be in this position now with one trophy under my belt already. I still have a lot to prove at this team if I want to be remembered here."

"will you be looking to try and make the squad your own after the seasons finished by bringing in a few players?"

"I certainly wont be looking to change much as obviously I have an absolutely fantastic squad here thanks again to Stifler ;-) however I might decide to bring n a couple of new faces."

"what is your aim for next season?"

Ideally we want to build on this league win so i will be looking for more than one trophy next time round. The league will be my priority, however i would like to win one of the cups next season also. I am also looking to do well in the champions league next season, as i am aware crvena didn't do so well in it this season. it will be a new experience for me, as i have not yet been in this prestigious competition but i know we have the squad here to do well in it, possibly even go all the way..."

Red star starting 11:

Ochoa

Zabaleta subotic Ivanovic Kolarov

isla

J. Pereira Mkhitaryan Bastos

falcao gomis

Player stats:

Top goalscorer- Gomis (24 goals)

player of the season- Falcao

Most assists- Falcao (13)

Bad boy - Kolarov (6 yellow, 2 red)

spacer.gifspacer.gifspacer.gif

1254.pngUS Palermo - Genoa CFC1276.png

Top fight this evening for the 2nd place in Italy Division 1

Congrats on 2nd place. Great achievement.

Palermo ended their season comfortably in 4th place' date=' thanks to our defence which is the best in the top flight (well I don't suppose conceding 50 goals is- but that shows how high scoring the division is). Our home record is frankly disappointing (8-2-9-29-31), thankfully, our away record was the best in Division 1).

We also won the Italian Cup after a 3-1 victory in the final against Pescara. So that makes it 2 winners medal (SMFA Shield 17, Italian Cup 18), and 3 Runners-Up medal in the 2 seasons since I took over.[/font']

Finally Kaiserslauten claim the Bundesliga!! :)

It has been a long road here in Germany, numerous domestic cups and an amazing couple of Champions League Triumphs have elevated Kaiserslauten to legendary status in this GC but the Bundesliga had always avoided us despite some near misses and numerous runner up positions.

However that has all changed despite a mid season collapse when we lost a ten point lead and could not buy a victory, we regrouped and the last six to eight games showed immense bottle and class to come through and win the title. The 1-0 win at main challengers Bayern courtesy of an 88th minute winner a few games out was the real key to this title triumph and rediscovered the belief.

Went into the last game knowing a win would seal and despite a few nervous moments when our opponent equalised we stepped it up in the second half to ease home and secure the triumph.

This sealed another fine season as only a day earlier we had won the German Cup as well to seal a domestic double.

Levante Appoint Beddie

Japanese-American manager Tadashi Beddie is re-joining SM with a new account after a long hiatus. He has taken on Levante UD, due to their playing in a competitive league with strong managers, and strong financial position. Beddie will be hoping to make some cash deals over the next few days.

Sudden Change as Beddie Heads To Lazio

Despite having only recently taken over as Levante manager, Tadashi Beddie has quickly changed his place of appointment, deciding to move to Lazio. The whole squad is up for player exchange deals. Beddie is very interested in doing business before the first fixture of the coming season.

ec1 challenge the rest world cup

game world id - 33001

...is a cup competition...only 64 places! So add your club quick before all the spaces are taken. A chance for managers from other game worlds to compete against the best english championship 1 has to offer.

Best wishes

dave :-)

69066.jpg

:D:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d

1276.pngVitorino talks about Genoa's season so far

Corriere dello Sport: Hello Marcos, thanks for being here with us today. Anyway and by looking at your team's performance this year, I guess no one will miss you at the training center today, don't you think? Last season you were runner-up and now fighting to escape relegation, have you lost your skills or had too much luck last year?

Marcos Vitorino: Hello, thanks for inviting me, I guess... Indeed this is not a good season for us. We had a bad start in the League and lost the first two games of the SMFA Champions Cup. This two losses were a turning point and I think influenced all the rest of the season. We were playing the Champions Cup with the "second" team players, and after this, we decided to align the first team for it. The result were four wins in a row and a place in the elimination phase.

CDS: Sorry to interrupt, but then you faced Cristal Palace and were knocked out! Don't you think it is too risky to put your best team in an elimination competition? Italian League is not an easy one, and as an important competition for the supporters you should have known better.

MV: Hum... I see you are in a bad mood today. Well, you are right, it was too risky but it is now easy to judge. At the time, and at the bottom of the table, we decided to try our chances and put Genoa's name at a better level internationally speaking. Palace was better, nothing else to say...

CDS: In the national Cups you managed to progress to the second round. Are you happy with that? Supporters aren't, that I can assure you!

MV: Your bitterness is somehow amusing, but anyway... Of course we are not happy as we know that for Genoa's standards it is not enough. We have had a lot of matches, and series of three games a week for too long. The team has not good quality depth to face this. We all did our best in order to please the fans, but sometimes that is not enough.

CDS: Now, with only the League in mind, and only four points above the line, what are your goals? Please think before you answer...

MV: Well, personally I think that this hostile environment is really good for me to think, thanks! With thirteen games to go, and focusing only in the League I think we are going to be safe in the end. Not much of a goal, but we have to stick to what we have at the moment. Everything is experience for us and the group will be stronger after this!

CDS: Are you already preparing next season? I'm not expecting to, but I have to ask.

MV: Yes, incompetent managers like myself, tend to let everything to the last minute, specially in such a competitive Game World as this one, so... yes we are already preparing the new season but I will let it to another day, thanks.

CDS: Well, in that case I guess this is it. Thanks a lot for coming and expose your self to be ridiculous in front of everybody.

MV: I'm the one that thank you and really wish you to get better from your illness! Thanks!

marcos vitorino was unable to prevent a Genoa CFC defeat to fierce rivals AC Milan.

Genoa CFC slumped to a 2 - 0 defeat to AC Milan in their Division 1 fixture.

It was not possible to resist to tiger baker's AC Milan... They were stronger in every aspects of the game and deserved to win and continue the excellent campaign.

Genoa on the other hand saw Brescia drawing with Palermo and getting closer on the relegation fight.

New FK Rostov manager here, I must admit I only joined to see how Teb's Spartak were coming along but I feel this is a challenge I need. Anyone selling anyone decent for cash, lemme know.

We currently sit bottom in 20th, I'm going to try and take us to at least 17th this season, whilst rebuilding for next.

I'm coming for you Teb! But first lemme in on some of them loans.

marcos vitorino earned a draw with Genoa CFC against Brescia Calcio.

Genoa CFC dominated much of the play against Brescia Calcio but could only manage a 1 - 1 draw in their Division 1 fixture.

Lukaku scored the only goal for Genoa CFC and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

With this draw we finally managed to avoid relegation! Next season we'll be again in Division 1 and I hope we perform better...

With everything solved in what regards relegation, Garry and Alberto good luck for next season, hope you can achieve the promotion, the fight for the title is still on.

SSC Napoli 37 37 77 spacer.gif

AC Milan 37 48 75

These are the games where both teams will be involved

# AC Milan - AS Roma

# SSC Napoli - US Palermo

Will Milan re-validate the title, or Napoli manage to get it?!

With this draw we finally managed to avoid relegation! Next season we'll be again in Division 1 and I hope we perform better...

With everything solved in what regards relegation' date=' Garry and Alberto good luck for next season, hope you can achieve the promotion, the fight for the title is still on.

[![/size']

well done mate...see you in the Cup :D

Crewe almost throw the Division 4 title away after we lead for most of the season. The man of the moment Rhayner scored a hattrick to send the Crewe fans wild to give them their first title in the GC1 era. We will be saying goodbye to the flying fin Shefki Kuqi who had his best season in GC1. Unfortunely he couldn't play in the last 3 games after he got send off. He scored 12 goals and 14 assists in 28 appearances in his final season before retiring. He ends with overall stats of 336(5) appearances 85 goals 86 assists.

well done mate...see you in the Cup :D

Thanks! And please don't through me away in the Cup!

Crewe almost throw the Division 4 title away after we lead for most of the season. The man of the moment Rhayner scored a hattrick to send the Crewe fans wild to give them their first title in the GC1 era. We will be saying goodbye to the flying fin Shefki Kuqi who had his best season in GC1. Unfortunely he couldn't play in the last 3 games after he got send off. He scored 12 goals and 14 assists in 28 appearances in his final season before retiring. He ends with overall stats of 336(5) appearances 85 goals 86 assists.

Congratulations Johan! Good job!