Gold Championship 1 News

Re: Gold Championship 1 News

Failed to get promotion so have resigned in shame... Quitting SM after 5 great years MV... See you on Facebook mate ;)

It's not a shame to fail to achieve a goal when you really commit and fought for it!

You are like me, maybe we can "reduce the exposure" to SM, but we can't quit for good :)

See you around!

Well, I decided to leave my Genoa today. It was a good journey. One year and seven months have to leave a mark!

I would like to thank tebthereb - Spartak Moskva - for the help with the loans during the past 3 seasons. They were a key contribution for the team. Keep up your legendary performance!

I also would like to thank tiger baker - AC Milan. It was a pleasure to be in the same League as you are. With your regularity, you could have won the last 3 "scudetto". I hope you can do it next season.

Thank you all for the fun and communication!

I think I'll come back to the setup at some point.

Have fun!

It's not a shame to fail to achieve a goal when you really commit and fought for it!

You are like me' date=' maybe we can "reduce the exposure" to SM, but we can't quit for good :)

See you around![/quote']

motherwell-football-club1.jpg

hahahaha you were right.... my retirement lasted about 2 weeks and I now have taken charge of my home town club Motherwell...

Aha! So this is where it's at. Tanks for the directions Garry.

Had to field a much depleted side vs AZ' date=' so happy to come away with the 3 points. First CL match of the season up next ...[/quote']

we actually call them prawns which is why its so funny.

you left that Genoa side.. i was gonna take it' date=' you take it and then leave :(

Pachuca all the way then baby. B)[/quote']

Was Lazio manager for 2 seasons and left when I missed out on promotion then came back but couldn't face meeting them in the cup or watching them being depleted so I took over Motherwell my home town club :)

Glad to see you made it Baz ;)

Russia Division 1 getting competitive - new Champions in Shaktar and Torpedo have strengthened in the close season adding Di Maria and Dzeko.

Congrats to Ajax on winning the SMFA Cup - no shame in losing to the eventual winners of the trophy!

Cheers mate. It's been a long time coming for my Ajax!

Great how competitie the lads have made the exCommie League! It's been a tranquil hegemony for way too long ...

Which team do you manage?

• 4 weeks later...

Just want to make a suggestion to new players on GC 1. If your looking for a league where you hope to sometime to make an impact, I suggest you check out Scandinavia. This the one place on GC 1 where you can still get a team that may be good enough in the future to compete for a championship.

I started here a month ago and believe me and very happy to be in league where I may actually have success. If you get in now you too may one day get a league title and be able to play in the GC1 Champions League.

Hope to see you here!

• 1 month later...

I have finally decided to leave GC1 and to quit SM in full after more than 8 great years.

I love the game, forum and the community and my departure is the result of increasing demands on my time in the real world. This has resulted in me doing the bare minimum on SM for a good year or so now; keeping my teams ticking over has increasing become a chore rather than the labour of love that it once was.

Due to the sheer amount of time and effort I used to put into the forum and my teams I have found it hard to quit, but it has reached the point where my inactivity is making the clubs I have worked on suffer and that is not fair on my successors.

My departure from GC1 is the hardest because Spartak was my first gold club and the team I have poured everything into over many years. I am proud of the side I have built and my track record... although I never conquered the SMFA cup to the extent I would have liked! It is a great gameworld - has always been my favourite by far - with some terrific managers.

I have been the target of a lot of accusations in my time at GC1 and if I am honest it upsets me that some people think I have cheated and will be pleased to see me go. I do take comfort in knowing that I have always acted with honesty and integrity and that there are a number of people in the community remember this and my past contributions to SM.

I wish everyone the very best of luck for the future. The game and the forum gives back whatever you put in.

I have finally decided to leave GC1 and to quit SM in full after more than 8 great years.

I love the game' date=' forum and the community and my departure is the result of increasing demands on my time in the real world. This has resulted in me doing the bare minimum on SM for a good year or so now; keeping my teams ticking over has increasing become a chore rather than the labour of love that it once was.

Due to the sheer amount of time and effort I used to put into the forum and my teams I have found it hard to quit, but it has reached the point where my inactivity is making the clubs I have worked on suffer and that is not fair on my successors.

My departure from GC1 is the hardest because Spartak was my first gold club and the team I have poured everything into over many years. I am proud of the side I have built and my track record... although I never conquered the SMFA cup to the extent I would have liked! It is a great gameworld - has always been my favourite by far - with some terrific managers.

I have been the target of a lot of accusations in my time at GC1 and if I am honest it upsets me that some people think I have cheated and will be pleased to see me go. I do take comfort in knowing that I have always acted with honesty and integrity and that there are a number of people in the community remember this and my past contributions to SM.

I wish everyone the very best of luck for the future. The game and the forum gives back whatever you put in.[/quote']

You do realize they'll be completely ruined ?

I love the game' date=' forum and the community and my departure is the result of increasing demands on my time in the real world. This has resulted in me doing the bare minimum on SM for a good year or so now; keeping my teams ticking over has increasing become a chore rather than the labour of love that it once was.

I wish everyone the very best of luck for the future. The game and the forum gives back whatever you put in.[/quote']

Good luck for all your "real world" endeavours - you were always a gentleman to deal with and you achieved unparalleled success with Spartak!

Teb was this Championships resident Oligarch He created a team like no other and enjoyed the privileges of his status within the game and because of this he operated on his own terms. He started multiple deals and the deals for players which involved season loan backs etc. This may not have been cheating but whether it was in the spirit of the game or not is another question. He hogged players and he had the power to make or break teams with favourable loans, I don't think having this monopoly was good for the game however this was Soccer Managers fault not his; he played within the rules they set. However I for what it’s worth liked Teb and always found him a gentlemen. He would PM you before important games and wish you luck. He was a GC1 legend but I hope his resignation now means the Spartak empire and its power within the GC1 is dismantled once and for all.

One of the greatest. Good Luck with everything, you will be remembered.