Sign in to follow this  
Scott Grainger

Gold Championship 1 News

Re: Gold Championship 1 News

I have finally decided to leave GC1 and to quit SM in full after more than 8 great years.

I love the game, forum and the community and my departure is the result of increasing demands on my time in the real world. This has resulted in me doing the bare minimum on SM for a good year or so now; keeping my teams ticking over has increasing become a chore rather than the labour of love that it once was.

Due to the sheer amount of time and effort I used to put into the forum and my teams I have found it hard to quit, but it has reached the point where my inactivity is making the clubs I have worked on suffer and that is not fair on my successors.

My departure from GC1 is the hardest because Spartak was my first gold club and the team I have poured everything into over many years. I am proud of the side I have built and my track record... although I never conquered the SMFA cup to the extent I would have liked! It is a great gameworld - has always been my favourite by far - with some terrific managers.

I have been the target of a lot of accusations in my time at GC1 and if I am honest it upsets me that some people think I have cheated and will be pleased to see me go. I do take comfort in knowing that I have always acted with honesty and integrity and that there are a number of people in the community remember this and my past contributions to SM.

I wish everyone the very best of luck for the future. The game and the forum gives back whatever you put in.

I have finally decided to leave GC1 and to quit SM in full after more than 8 great years.

I love the game' date=' forum and the community and my departure is the result of increasing demands on my time in the real world. This has resulted in me doing the bare minimum on SM for a good year or so now; keeping my teams ticking over has increasing become a chore rather than the labour of love that it once was.

Due to the sheer amount of time and effort I used to put into the forum and my teams I have found it hard to quit, but it has reached the point where my inactivity is making the clubs I have worked on suffer and that is not fair on my successors.

My departure from GC1 is the hardest because Spartak was my first gold club and the team I have poured everything into over many years. I am proud of the side I have built and my track record... although I never conquered the SMFA cup to the extent I would have liked! It is a great gameworld - has always been my favourite by far - with some terrific managers.

I have been the target of a lot of accusations in my time at GC1 and if I am honest it upsets me that some people think I have cheated and will be pleased to see me go. I do take comfort in knowing that I have always acted with honesty and integrity and that there are a number of people in the community remember this and my past contributions to SM.

I wish everyone the very best of luck for the future. The game and the forum gives back whatever you put in.[/quote']

You do realize they'll be completely ruined ?

I love the game' date=' forum and the community and my departure is the result of increasing demands on my time in the real world. This has resulted in me doing the bare minimum on SM for a good year or so now; keeping my teams ticking over has increasing become a chore rather than the labour of love that it once was.

I wish everyone the very best of luck for the future. The game and the forum gives back whatever you put in.[/quote']

Good luck for all your "real world" endeavours - you were always a gentleman to deal with and you achieved unparalleled success with Spartak!

Teb was this Championships resident Oligarch He created a team like no other and enjoyed the privileges of his status within the game and because of this he operated on his own terms. He started multiple deals and the deals for players which involved season loan backs etc. This may not have been cheating but whether it was in the spirit of the game or not is another question. He hogged players and he had the power to make or break teams with favourable loans, I don't think having this monopoly was good for the game however this was Soccer Managers fault not his; he played within the rules they set. However I for what it’s worth liked Teb and always found him a gentlemen. He would PM you before important games and wish you luck. He was a GC1 legend but I hope his resignation now means the Spartak empire and its power within the GC1 is dismantled once and for all.

One of the greatest. Good Luck with everything, you will be remembered.

He is the Legend of GC. I didn't stay in GC for long but I did admire him and wonder how much effort for him to build this empire. This come not easy.

Heard he use glitch or something in beginning to build current squad but I didn't see it. I see more often are many other big team try to cheat trade bit by bit. Also a few team that do one side deal openly.

Now the left over ridiculous super squad is Yeovil Town. Follow by Boca/Napoli/Bayern...

Stoke City, Sunderland, Munich, Aue, Real Zaragoza, Paris Saint-Germain, AC Milan, Real Madrid, Barcelona are some dominate squads among the gameworld.

Really like to this those players from Sparta fairly distribute among some weaker teams in stead of all going to those big teams. Is meaningless if the demolish of one monopoly is to build up another.

He is the Legend of GC. I didn't stay in GC for long but I did admire him and wonder how much effort for him to build this empire. This come not easy.

Heard he use glitch or something in beginning to build current squad but I didn't see it. I see more often are many other big team try to cheat trade bit by bit. Also a few team that do one side deal openly.

Now the left over ridiculous super squad is Yeovil Town. Follow by Boca/Napoli/Bayern...

Stoke City' date=' Sunderland, Munich, Aue, Real Zaragoza, Paris Saint-Germain, AC Milan, Real Madrid, Barcelona are some dominate squads among the gameworld.

Really like to this those players from Sparta fairly distribute among some weaker teams in stead of all going to those big teams. Is meaningless if the demolish of one monopoly is to build up another.[/quote']

Glitch he used was call negotiation telling you what you needed and offered to fill that position. Or getting to the new managers as soon as and before anyone else. I would also say he in my time when I used to be in and out GC never took risks on players and always made sure his side was the better deal. I have known Teb since I joined here and if there was a Hall Of Fame he'd be the first inductee.

Gold 1 is fascinating right now!!!

An SM legend departs.

An incredible squad is being controversially dismantled.

Various managers are happy' date=' sad, angry.

The news feed is comedy gold.

You never know what's going to happen next.

Great entertainment.[/quote']

Its not being dismantled, it's having the fat trimmed. Not everyone is getting some fat so they are griping. All part of the great tapestry that is G1 :)

Luton Town beat Blackburn Rovers 3 - 0 in their Division 2 fixture. Leandro scored a brace and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance. Kim was also on the scoresheet for his side. Manager Gramberg was delighted with his team during his first match on the bench for Luton. However he knows there is still a lot of work to do.

1241.pngMarcos Vitorino returns to GC1 and to Serie A

After a more or less long run with Genoa of almost 200 matches, I decided to leave Gold 1. But after a few months away I decided to come back and took over Granada. By a series of events also related to "my" good old Genoa, and thanks to Jens and Tiger I ended up in Rome!

The immediate task is not a walk in the park - trying to save the team from relegation! When I jumped in two turns ago we were last and 10 points separated us from the red line. Fortunately we managed to win both our matches and the distance is now 7 points. The endeavor though is still on and very tough games ahead against Fiorentina (4th) and Bari (2nd).

AS Roma will keep fighting and hopefully I'll have a long term stay with the team, no mater what happens this season, and as long as RL is also up to it. Good luck to you all and have fun!!

1241.pngMarcos Vitorino returns to GC1 and to Serie A

After a more or less long run with Genoa of almost 200 matches' date=' I decided to leave Gold 1. But after a few months away I decided to come back and took over Granada. By a series of events also related to "my" good old Genoa, and thanks to Jens and Tiger I ended up in Rome!

The immediate task is not a walk in the park - trying to save the team from relegation! When I jumped in two turns ago we were last and 10 points separated us from the red line. Fortunately we managed to win both our matches and the distance is now 7 points. The endeavor though is still on and very tough games ahead against Fiorentina (4th) and Bari (2nd).

AS Roma will keep fighting and hopefully I'll have a long term stay with the team, no mater what happens this season, and as long as RL is also up to it. Good luck to you all and have fun!!

[/indent']

knew youd be back brother........ welcome
;)

knew youd be back brother........ welcome ;)

thanks! i saw you are with Torino and challenging promotion. good luck!

i'm in a mission impossible: saving Roma from relegation. in terms of getting points it's not looking bad, 11 out of 15, but still last and 5 points away from maintenance.

another decisive match tomorrow against Messina - direct competitor. probably you'll go up and i'll go down, let's see :)

thanks! i saw you are with Torino and challenging promotion. good luck!

i'm in a mission impossible: saving Roma from relegation. in terms of getting points it's not looking bad' date=' 11 out of 15, but still last and 5 points away from maintenance.

another decisive match tomorrow against Messina - direct competitor. probably you'll go up and i'll go down, let's see :)[/quote']

Hey you're the man to keep Roma in Serie A ;)

Another great win and Torino go 2nd with 7 games remaining.... Sad to see my old team Lazio down in 4th though :rolleyes:

It's always a bit strange to be in the same League with another team' date=' when you already managed another one for a long time.

AS Roma slumped to a 2 - 1 defeat to AC Rimini in their Division 1 fixture.

Soto was on the scoresheet for his side.

AS Roma beat Sampdoria 3 - 2 in their Division 1 fixture.

Rolfes scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Verza and Samaras were also amongst the goalscorers.

The first defeat came for us against AC Rimini but we managed to bounce back at home against Sampdoria.

With 5 games to play the situation is still very difficult and uncertain! Hope to get the needed points!!

Adi Sharabi has applied for the vacant FK Moskva he's the guy that never picked a team while at Roma and just logged on to sell Roma's best players to Manchester United. Looks like all the best FK Moskva's players will be going to Old Trafford Oxlade Chamberlain first no doubt!

Vitesse are in AMAZING form :D 6 wins in Division 1 in the lat 6 games which moves them up to 11th (I took them over in 19th and ive managed 14 games and gotten 28 points so not bad)