Scott Grainger

Gold Championship 1 News

Re: Gold Championship 1 News

I have just recently taken over AC Ajaccio.

I have previously managed, Grimsby Town, Luton Town, and AS Roma.

My last club was AS Roma, and I was managing it up to October 9th, 2014, when I basically quit SM, altogether. Within the past week, my interest to see what was going on with SM, brought me back to a few clubs. Mainly 2 Custom Leagues, a public World Championship League, and this one GC.

I have a dilemma. I don't want to pay for this game anymore. But, maybe could be talked back into it. I like to play around on the forum, so, I'll give it a go interacting on this GC1 Thread.

My days are counting down as a GC Manager. I still have a lot of days left, from a previous, massive, GC investment, which I cringe, thinking about the money I spent on it. So, I'm really already leaning one way on this. Maybe a SM Dev can step up and get me excited about the game.

I have 152 Days left. So, let the countdown begin.

I vote SPARTAK FIRESALE, to spice things up.

Cheers.

Spartak have already had their firesale I'm afraid...the new manager sold 99 players in 13 days back in February!

Personally I don't have a problem with their squad and with 284 managers in the setup at present it's not really offending anyone else either! The way I see it, if Spartak have lots of the best players then yes I don't get them but hey neither do any of my league rivals and that's all I'm interested in, winning the league (which I did 3 seasons ago - mid-table mediocrity now though lol)

Spartak have already had their firesale I'm afraid...the new manager sold 99 players in 13 days back in February!

Personally I don't have a problem with their squad and with 284 managers in the setup at present it's not really offending anyone else either! The way I see it' date=' if Spartak have lots of the best players then yes I don't get them but hey neither do any of my league rivals and that's all I'm interested in, winning the league (which I did 3 seasons ago - mid-table mediocrity now though lol)[/quote']

Thanks for the feedback.

I'm not really too concerned with Spartak either. Was meant to be somewhat of a poke, towards SM as a whole, that Spartak has gotten to that point. The Spartak managers have every right to do what they want with that squad, and obviously, they have done a great job, within the SM rules. It's the fact that the SM rules are so ridiculous to let things happen like that.

What happened to tebthereb, though? He was manager when I was in it. Wouldn't think that he would leave GC1 and Spartak, but he must've had a reason for it. Probably same reasons many others have left.

Thanks

See post #3148 for why Teb left, in his own words...he says it's demands in the real world but I also reckon he must have got a bit bored - let's face it when he's built a club of that size there's not a lot left you can do as nobody wants to do deals with you.

Plus the Russian league used to suffer as (understandably) not many people wanted to be in it with him there, yes for some it was an incentive to try and beat him but most of them didn't last too long. Yes he won the league most of the time but let's face it that wasn't hard with the team he had, maybe he just felt he couldn't take them any further!

See post #3148 for why Teb left' date=' in his own words...he says it's demands in the real world but I also reckon he must have got a bit bored - let's face it when he's built a club of that size there's not a lot left you can do as nobody wants to do deals with you.

Plus the Russian league used to suffer as (understandably) not many people wanted to be in it with him there, yes for some it was an incentive to try and beat him but most of them didn't last too long. Yes he won the league most of the time but let's face it that wasn't hard with the team he had, maybe he just felt he couldn't take them any further![/quote']

Thanks man.

SM has to fix the player concerns along with the money issue, of having no issue, really, in any of the leagues. It's all about p/e. Spartak can still be good, with the best 11-18 players in the world, and with probably the best 10-30 youth, or promising 1st team players. The rest should go to other clubs. For Money. Because I know most clubs in GC1 have a decent amount of money, for the most part. Or, you can at least have a good amount of money, when you sell off some extra players. Which then, brings in the implementation of squad limits, which should be less than 50. What first team in the real world goes over 25 players? Nobody. So, after that, what club is going to carry more than 30 players on their U21 team. None. It's mainly a mix of first teamers that are injured coming back, and the top 11-15 players, that may have a chance of breaking into the 1st team. 25 + 15 = 40, so, I thought it was generous enough to add an extra 10 to the mix for the SM managers thinking they get to own all the worlds youth. Let them be youth. Wherever they grow up. Who cares. We don't even play them ever in games anyways. Probably not even until they get to rating 88 in most leagues for starters. I'd say that's a good average guess of what everyone shoots for. And that's when it comes back to the player concerns, and money issue first. I pay a small club money, a lot of money at that too, for a great youth prospect. They use that money to buy good veterans and more youth, and repeat. Sound familiar. The real world. Then, make, making money, and getting more money, an incentive for managers. I.E. Trade club money for Gold Management Coins, or whatever. Their has to be incentive to play the game, I feel, that needs to be implemented. Like you said, tebthereb could have gotten bored with it all. I know I've done it a couple times now, and left everything. But, I'm for sure not paying for anything anymore, and I don't really know why anybody else would.

Alright. I'm done ranting about SM on this thread.

Sorry GC1ers.

Thanks for reading, if you did.

a deal like this seems very strange in a GW like this...

The Muppet, that is the Man Utd manager does dodgy deals all the time. SM dont care at all. People have complained ,people have even quit due to this mf.

He has had some deals reversed, that proves he cheats, and everytime people post things about his deals or the muppet himself, he floods the newsfeed with loads of loan posts, which moves peoples posts off the board.

This is SM's biggest and best gameworld, but they dont care. Shame cause this is where it all started...

The Muppet' date=' that is the Man Utd manager does dodgy deals all the time. SM dont care at all. People have complained ,people have even quit due to this mf.

He has had some deals reversed, that proves he cheats, and everytime people post things about his deals or the muppet himself, he floods the newsfeed with loads of loan posts, which moves peoples posts off the board.

This is SM's biggest and best gameworld, but they dont care. Shame cause this is where it all started...[/quote']

Not been in GC-1 in years but is he Irish if so he's been doing since waaaay back?

Not been in GC-1 in years but is he Irish if so he's been doing since waaaay back?

He Man United manager, pretends to be spanish or italian. He changes his name everytime he does a dodgy transfer foir some reason. Made a lot of top managers leave. If you post an opinion he bumbs every post up , by commenting then deleting.

He Man United manager' date=' pretends to be spanish or italian. He changes his name everytime he does a dodgy transfer foir some reason. Made a lot of top managers leave. If you post an opinion he bumbs every post up , by commenting then deleting.[/quote']

So disappointing if that is the case. C'mon SM. What's the deal with that?

The Muppet, that is the Man Utd manager does dodgy deals all the time. SM dont care at all. People have complained ,people have even quit due to this mf.

This is SM's biggest and best gameworld, but they dont care. Shame cause this is where it all started...

Again, SM, if this is the case...c'mon, please.

I've posted on his News Feed trolling, see if I can get a reaction out of this guy. I'm sure it's been done before, but who knows, never hurts to try again. Maybe, pointing him more out, in the public, will maybe get SM to see this, but, again, I'm sure this has been tried before, and they haven't done jack squat.

Sad, SM, just sad. Wake up and make your product better by getting cheats out of the game!

I've been on Twitter now for about a week, promoting one of my old custom leagues, trying to get some managers in it. BTW, if anyone is interested, it's a league with transfer windows, and no smfa involvement. basically it for now. ID 7664. Anyways, so, since I've been on Twitter, posting some stuff about my league, I've been hit up from 2 NEW SOCCER MANAGER type games on the internet. I don't think they are as good as SM is right now, but they eventually could be. I haven't heard from a single SM person since I've been back on. I've sent 2 emails to them and a bunch of forum posts have been directed straight at them as well, but nothing. I've gotten 1 automated email back, and they have retweeted most of my posts on Twitter. Keep doing that btw SM if you do read this. I think that seems to be working. So, they've got one thing going for them...RETWEETING people's tweets! Is that the best y'all can do?

BTW, only 150 days left of Gold Management, SM. Need to step up your game if you want more money from me.

Cheers, and here's the link to my forum page for my other link as well.

http://forum.soccermanager.com/showthread.php?t=150316

Its an old story, what's the pleasure of winning when you cheat?! When you are not playing by the same rules as everybody else, how can you feel well with your success?! I see no point on cheating, but well that's just me... and a huge crowd of other people fortunately!

By the way, today it will be official, AS Roma will play Division 2 football next season :o:o

By the way' date=' today it will be official, AS Roma will play Division 2 football next season :o:o[/quote']

Oh Know!

I actually used to manager them in here.

I'm still waiting on my results for Ajaccio, cause I'm in the same boat. I have to win out and I need teams to lose for my safety. Never a good formula.

Oh Know!

I actually used to manager them in here.

I'm still waiting on my results for Ajaccio' date=' cause I'm in the same boat. I have to win out and I need teams to lose for my safety. Never a good formula.[/quote']

Yes, we were contemporary when I managed Genoa! I'm managing Roma for 12 games now, new challenge!

A miracle has happened and my opposition lost while I won so... everything to decide in the last turn. Doesn't look good though.

Good luck for your Ajaccio in bringing them back next season. Stay in long enough to do it!!

148 Gold Management days left for me to manage AC Ajaccio.

Still waiting to be persuaded in to paying more money for this game by someone.

You know what's up too, is that I think SM, took back some of my coins, when I left all my clubs a few months back.

At least I think so. I was heavily involved for a long time. Pretty much from 2008 - on.

When I signed back on here a week ago or so, I still had like 160-something days of GM left. And, I was gone from November 10, 2014. So, I probably had a total close to 300 Days. I know, I wasted that money, my own fault.

Should be somewhere where I can sell my days back and get back something at least.

I think they just don't have the balls to make some cuts on things, and to really take control of their product. Has to be free, free, free. Great, I think so too. Just make it to where you get one free world, until you reach a certain level, then you can maybe get your free extra ones. But, if I pay money to play this game, I want it to be better than custom leagues, or regular, EC, WC, etc, leagues. Gold Championship leagues, should all be filled to the bone. How do you get there?

Squad limits: 50

Longer player concerns for 89 and under. 90 and up, more about starts, which require quicker concerns.

Switch the payment option, to where, if I buy an extra GC club slot, I'd better be sure about the club I choose, because if I quit, or leave the league, then you've completely lost your GC club slot, and will then have to buy another one. So, choose a league, and stick to that league.

This will make you more money anyways, I think, because people, will be stupid, and leave leagues, just to pay for another one. Make it kind of cheap too, if you want. Till the demand becomes greater. Then you can bump it up a few bucks. Like $3-5 to start. I'd pay for that.

Not GM Days.

This will then make GC1, and on, fill up real quick.

Or, keep the GM Days, and make to where if you leave a league, you cannot come back. Which, will then kind of make it more about staying at your club, but, then not really about the club slot, because I could then just go to another league, and still have a club slot to play with.

Club slots have to mean more. At least for GC's.

Just these 3 things, I think will dramatically improve GC's, and make my money worth something. Get it. Make my GC club slot, worth something. GM days are stupid. I could just pay y'all, and not play on any clubs, which I basically did for 4 months. Silly for me to do that, good for y'all because you make money, but in the end, both of those are the wrong answer, because the game then suffers. Then people stop playing the game because the game is suffering, a la tebthereb at Spartak.

This is a quote from him out of PM, that I have received from him recently.

I just quit as wasn't enjoying the game anymore really. As to why that was, I suppose it was mainly me not having the time anymore. I found I was just logging in and picking a team based on limiting player concerns, which was not much fun. I am logging in intermittently just to clear out PMs, and I suppose because I miss the community aspect, but I doubt very much that I will rejoin. What is it you are trying to get SM to fix? If I can help I will, but I might not see any reply you send for a while.

You've helped enough.

You lost your best client, right there, SM. He had it all at Spartak.

Doesn't make sense.

C'mon SM.

Cheers

I've got some more from my conversation through PM with tebthereb here.

Basically, again, just kind of letting me know some points of why he left, and what SM has not done over the years to fix anything. And then having communication issues as well, which has always been there.

I suppose if I had to state my main concerns with SM - and I should be clear that none of these were why I left in the end; it was all me - it would be the increasing detachment between the devs and the community, the abandonment of their zero tolerance cheating policy, unacceptable delays in increasing the sophistication of the match engine, severe restrictions on part exchange options, attendance/stadium issues... I could go on.

I don't envy the devs their task as everyone has their own opinion. However, I do feel they are missing a trick not having more interaction with the community; people are queuing up to help them and do things for them for free (like policing gameworlds etc) or at least I was. I got about as high up the food chain as a customer that I think was possible at the time, and think I was well thought of in the community, and yet SM did not ever come to me for opinions.

Even after quitting all my teams and stepping back from the forum, there was no questions, no polls, no PM, no email. I don't know where SM are getting their feedback and ideas from, but it doesn't seem to be their longstanding customers.

Like he said, I don't envy of what the Devs or SM People have to do to run this game. They have created this and can do with it what they want. Having to deal with a bunch of whiny SM fans and probably ex-footballers of some sort, and I'm included in this, isn't easy. But, it just shows we care. I know, sometimes I come off brash in a lot of the things I say on the forum. If I do, I'm sorry SM. I just care, for some odd reason. It's kind of beyond me right now of why I do. It's one of those things, like a pet. I've seen this grow over the years, but don't want it to die.

Please don't die SM.

146 days left of gold management.

Glitch he used was call negotiation telling you what you needed and offered to fill that position. Or getting to the new managers as soon as and before anyone else. I would also say he in my time when I used to be in and out GC never took risks on players and always made sure his side was the better deal. I have known Teb since I joined here and if there was a Hall Of Fame he'd be the first inductee.

Genius! Hope can play match with him again one day.:rolleyes:

Quote:

I just quit as wasn't enjoying the game anymore really. As to why that was' date=' I suppose it was mainly me not having the time anymore. I found I was just logging in and picking a team based on limiting player concerns, which was not much fun. I am logging in intermittently just to clear out PMs, and I suppose because I miss the community aspect, but I doubt very much that I will rejoin. What is it you are trying to get SM to fix? If I can help I will, but I might not see any reply you send for a while.[/color']

Quote:

I suppose if I had to state my main concerns with SM - and I should be clear that none of these were why I left in the end; it was all me - it would be the increasing detachment between the devs and the community' date=' the abandonment of their zero tolerance cheating policy, unacceptable delays in increasing the sophistication of the match engine, severe restrictions on part exchange options, attendance/stadium issues... I could go on.

I don't envy the devs their task as everyone has their own opinion. However, I do feel they are missing a trick not having more interaction with the community; people are queuing up to help them and do things for them for free (like policing gameworlds etc) or at least I was. I got about as high up the food chain as a customer that I think was possible at the time, and think I was well thought of in the community, and yet SM did not ever come to me for opinions.

Even after quitting all my teams and stepping back from the forum, there was no questions, no polls, no PM, no email. I don't know where SM are getting their feedback and ideas from, but it doesn't seem to be their longstanding customers. [/color']

That's why he left:eek:

I remember once Teb sent me several PMs trying to get one of my players despite me telling him I wasn't selling (I had one player rated over 88 and he already had about 200 and I didn't think he needed mine as well) so I ended up blocking him...

...only to get another PM from him saying "What did you block me for?" so he must have unblocked himself in order to do that which was a little bit naughty!

I remember once Teb sent me several PMs trying to get one of my players despite me telling him I wasn't selling (I had one player rated over 88 and he already had about 200 and I didn't think he needed mine as well) so I ended up blocking him...

...only to get another PM from him saying "What did you block me for?" so he must have unblocked himself in order to do that which was a little bit naughty!

I don't know why you would block anybody really anyways. It's not hurting you.

But, I agree, if he was aggressive like that in trying to hog and your player wouldn't really help him, he shouldn't have done that. But hey, sometimes we want more, don't we? Haha.

I just don't like that it came to the fact where he wasn't enjoying it anymore, which is completely SM's fault on their rules and not ridding leagues of people that mess around, do stupid things, cheat, etc etc.

Again, I get it, if you want to pull the card out that says, they paid for it, they can do what they want with it. Multiple accounts though, in the same league, should never happen. Managers need to be held more accountable of which leagues and clubs they choose. If you get caught messing around, you lose that club, and your money for it. Sorry.

Club slots need to be more relative. You wouldn't risk a club slot just to cheat in a world with your other clubs, just to help you win at a fantasy game, would you? Would be really weird, and I think that would eliminate some problems with the cheating.

Cheers

Doesn't look good for SM Worlds and GC's...

http://otp.investis.com/clients/uk/merica_fund/rns/regulatory-story.aspx?cid=1002&newsid=501342

http://www.insidermedia.com/insider/midlands/136717-?utm_source=westmidlands_newsletter&utm_medium=deals_article&utm_campaign=westmidlands_news_tracker

...basically the same article. Money going towards SM 2015 Single Player. Sad, just sad.

I hope it isn't all going there and that they do have some new things coming for SM Worlds, like they've said here...

http://forum.soccermanager.com/showthread.php?t=171930

...but, there last response was December 2014, on any of this.

144 Days left of GM Management, and now I can't wait for it to be all over with.

Cheers

Doesn't look good for SM Worlds and GC's...

http://otp.investis.com/clients/uk/merica_fund/rns/regulatory-story.aspx?cid=1002&newsid=501342

http://www.insidermedia.com/insider/midlands/136717-?utm_source=westmidlands_newsletter&utm_medium=deals_article&utm_campaign=westmidlands_news_tracker

...basically the same article. Money going towards SM 2015 Single Player. Sad' date=' just sad.

I hope it isn't all going there and that they do have some new things coming for SM Worlds, like they've said here...

http://forum.soccermanager.com/showthread.php?t=171930

...but, there last response was December 2014, on any of this.

144 Days left of GM Management, and now I can't wait for it to be all over with.

Cheers

Is there more money to be made in single player if so i don't know where unless it sees a massive upgrade and they slap a subscription fee on it. I know when i was a kid when I had a garbage PC that i'd have loved a game similar that i could play through a web browser with minimal to zero loading times. That said unless they're generating a mint through advertising where's the money coming in from? One thing i don't also understand is why no TV advertising as you see other football management based games advertised like that one with Mourinho on the ad. Surely SM is making more than the likes of those games no?

There was this game that came out in 2009 called footy11 wish they could have kept it going would have be brilliant..

A vid below only shows a tiny bit of the game..

Tired of paying for SM, come to my Custom League, the Brookfield Premier League, where I pay you to play.

Check out the Forum Thread here...

http://forum.soccermanager.com/showthread.php?t=150316

Lots of teams open.

Transfer Windows.

No SMFA Involvement.

About half the league follows the rule of having a squad limit set at 50.

and now, implementing a Prize Layout for Winning the League and Trophies.

Future Ideas - Youth Tournaments, Cash Deals only (Both have to be voted upon, with majority vote.)

Have a look!

Cheers

I've gone ahead and decided, to not pay for this game anymore. I'll live out my GC days and do my best for the clubs that I'm at, but, for me to pay for the game itself again, it needs to be better, and I mean way better. I want GC's filled, and many people have given a lot of ideas for this. Some may be drastic changes. But you need that, I think and I hope at least, for GC's to survive.

So, instead of GM, I'll just buy coins, and pay for people to play in my Custom League, something I do care about. Here is the Prize Layout for that, if you were interested from reading something up above I've posted, but never clicked on anything...

Division 1 - 2000 SM Coin,

Division 2 - 1000 SM Coin,

Division 3 - 500 SM Coin,

SMFA Champions Cup - 1500 SM Coin,

SMFA Shield - 1000 SM Coin,

League Cup and Shield - 500 SM Coin,

Charity Shield and SMFA Super Cup - 100 SM Coin

So, you have that chance of winning something every year.

Been thinking about adding a promotion prize, but with that, I think a relegation penalty should be enforced. Which could be fun.

Check it out at ID 7664.

I'm having fun with AC Ajaccio in the 'ol GC1. Been able to snag a few pricey transfers with just cash. Nothing spectacular. Got McDonald Mariga for a good piece of coin, which helps out a lot.

Could use a decent goalie, 83+ for cash probably. But, I may be a bit lite in a transfer bid, as I'm holding about 11 mil right now, with maybe a few low transfer sells coming in. So, maybe 15 mil at the most.

Thanks for reading if you did.

143 Days left

Cheers

Sorry if it seemed like I was harassing you.

I have never had any special powers that would allow me "unblock" myself, honestly. I couldn't and wouldn't. I could do just about anything on the forum - but on the game my abilities were no different to any other customer.

I have accidentally blocked people many times over the years (block button close to send or something). So when I sent someone a polite message (and I don't feel I am ever aggressive) and discovered I was blocked, I tended to assume the best i.e. that they have made the same mistake. I would then PM them from another account. Most of the time the person would respond and I would find blocking me was a mistake. If they didn't I knew it was intentional.

I can't remember the specific messages I sent you or the player concerned... I used to send so many PMs... but my usual approach would be to try and find a mutually acceptable deal as I have always thought every player had a price (cash or trade). It always amazed me when people would marvel at my team yet not enter negotiations. For me, negotiation was the best bit of SM. SM limiting the part ex options was a blow although I understood their reasons.

I must admit, I miss GC1, but I won't come back to SM as it is only moments like this (Easter hols) where I get much time. Thanks to those that have offered me spots in their Game Worlds.