Gold Championship 1 News

Re: Gold Championship 1 News

"Probably the best left back in the world" according to the Welshman in Gael Clichy.

Crikey, didn't realise Clichy was possessed, certainly never would have guessed there was a talking Welshman in him!

How did you manage to bag him for so little cash? I was after him only the other day but got told where to go :D

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Posted Images

Crikey' date=' didn't realise Clichy was possessed, certainly never would have guessed there was a talking Welshman in him!

How did you manage to bag him for so little cash? I was after him only the other day but got told where to go :D[/quote']

Team was vacant this morning when I logged on...

I worded that post slightly wrong I get it...

I know the old manager too, he is not going to be playing for much longer mate...

riverplate.jpg

282.gifRiver Plate 5-2 Toluca451.gif

Another fantastic win for River Plate, this time at home against league strugglers Toluca.

Javier Portillo managed to bag two goals in this 7 goal frenzy, Which means the spaniard has managed 6 goals in 9 league games.

River Plate are third and will play Internacional next.

BMG.gif

Monchengladbach take Cup form into League

After winning the German Cup on Monday evening it was back to trying to finish in the SMFA Cup places for Monchengladbach tonight, they had a tough game away to Schalke and gave the whole Cup winning team a rest ahead of a tough run in.

The confidence was running high as everyone in the stadium could see as the Monchengladbach players knocked the ball around with ease and with great pace. The team that Winston fielded are fighting for a first team place so were out to prove something.

They suffered a set back after just 18 minutes when against the run of play a miss hit shot from Levan Kobiashvili squirmed under Landreau in goal and gave Schalke a shock lead.

Levan_Kobiashvili_58828d.jpg

(Kobiashvili celebrates his lucky opener)

Borussia did not let their heads drop and instantly hit back on 25 minutes through Michael Silberbauer who received the ball in the box after a lovely neat passing move and finished well.

18606.jpg

(Silberbauer finished neatly to equalize)

Monchengladbach continued to press leading up to half time and were rewarded on 41 minutes when they took the lead after a long distance effort from on loan English striker Theo Walcott was saved and fell to Nigel Reo-Coker who pounced well to give his team the lead.

art.reocoker.gi.jpg

(Reo-Coker gave his team the lead before half time)

The match finished 2-1 to Monchengladbach with the only disappointing thing to come from the match was recent signing Carlos Marchena was sent off for 2 yellow cards and will serve a 3 match ban which is a big blow to the team as they need their best players.

392.gif

Borussia Dortmund tonight crashed out of the SMFA Champions Cup in the Quarter Finals. Drawing 2-2 with Rennes over 90 mins, then going down 4-1 on pens.

Quarter final results

Bayern Munchen 2 - 3 Manchester United

Barcelona 2 - 3 Dynamo Kyiv

Valencia 3(p) - 3 Spartak Moskva

BORUSSIA DORTMUND 2 - 2(p) Rennes

Semi final draw

Manchester United - Dynamo Kyiv

Rennes - Valencia

Quarter final results

Bayern Munchen 2 - 3 Manchester United

Barcelona 2 - 3 Dynamo Kyiv

Valencia 3(p) - 3 Spartak Moskva

BORUSSIA DORTMUND 2 - 2(p) Rennes

Semi final draw

Manchester United - Dynamo Kyiv

Rennes - Valencia

Oooh SM have just made Steven's night! He is going to be fuming!!!!!!:eek::rolleyes:

3 out of the 4 cheats left in the competition made it through!:(

I knew I would lose to someone playing their 5th game in charge. :D

Didn't play the formation or players I would have liked, but this post has bad loser written all over it so I won't dwell on it here. Have just posted elsewhere moaning about my problems which anyone who has been on this thread for a while will be familiar with!

As fair as I know the manager that beat me is legit, just new, so 2 cheats vs 2 legit people in the final.

My money is on a cheat winning again and SM lauding them up on the homepage.

Guest Toggs

:( im still looking for a decent club in the setup. I have checked almost everyday for around 2 weeks. Cant find anybody.

I know this could be the wrong thread to post it but i would be willing to give an Sporting with 24 90+ players and maybe, my Liverpool in Austins new league for a decent team.

Just a shame really as i love the setup. Felling for you Teb, you have shown how much you dislike the cheats, you were only unhappy last week. Hope you can win it next year really.

Unlucky teb:( ...with the squad you have, you should win it next year.. but this year.. my moneys on the cheating UTD manager:p

Anyway, Zaragoza doing alright lately.. last 2 matches i beat Sevilla and BARCELONA!!!:D

Moved up to 8th 3 points clear of 9th and 4 behind 7th

IMO im happy with this squad, got alot of depth and there doing the buisness on the pitch, however could do with some 89+ on loan if anyone is kind enough to loan them me:)

Unlucky teb:( ...with the squad you have' date=' you should win it next year.. but this year.. my moneys on the cheating UTD manager:p

Anyway, Zaragoza doing alright lately.. last 2 matches i beat Sevilla and BARCELONA!!!:D

Moved up to 8th 3 points clear of 9th and 4 behind 7th

IMO im happy with this squad, got alot of depth and there doing the buisness on the pitch, however could do with some 89+ on loan if anyone is kind enough to loan them me:)[/quote']

Will you catch me Gazza?

I've been a manager in the 1st Gold Chammpionship since the minute it opened, and was delighted to grab a Bayern Munich team riddled with stars, and only now I have decided to make my 1st post - and it isn't a good one. I've managed on this set-up for nearly 5 seasons now, but have managed little success, which annoys me immensely until I realise it is my own fault in not using my whole squad to it's full strength.

Tonight, I lost to Manchester United 2-3 in the SMFA Champions Cup Quarter Finals, despite leading 2-0 up until the 72nd minute. I have no-one but myself to blame for this. I'm not going to go into the sour-graped, immature argument stated by managers who can't or won't blame themselves that "the game engine isn't good enough", as if I did think this, why else would I have played the game for nearly 3 years. It was a simple lack of judgement, which would've been picked up by a more astute and better organised manager.

As the stats from the game suggests, it was fitness which failed my team in their most important game of all. I forgot to rest my team for the couple of league games leading to the quarter final. This means the likes of Fabregas, Messi and Iniesta were all lulling around 60-70% fitness at kick off. And now I'm left kicking myself, out of all cup competitions and just clinging on to a qualifying slot for the SMFA Shield. Not good for a team of Bayern's size. If I had a chairman like Tottenham's, or any other top flight club apart from my beloved Boro (Stevey Gibson is a legend), then I'd be managing someone like Alemmania Aachener rather than the German giants. Luckily SM haven't thought to put impatient chairman on the game :P

I know this sounds like a suicide note, and it's about to get worse, I assure you I'm fine, just annoyed and slightly merry (Alcohol - God's best invention :D). Anyway, to continue, the only reason I'm writing this post is because it came up on the Forum homepage, with a comment from teb, and I always try to read teb's posts as he's a legend. Reading his post, and the posts recent, the shocking realisation that 3 forumers - 2 of them being the massively respected pair teb and sonofpluto, with me being the 3rd forumer, as well as my good friend Sean Carlin of Barcelona (whom I payed £70m + Schweinsteiger for Ronaldinho, only to return Ronaldinho 20 turns later for £94m + Messi - good business :D:D), are all out of the SMFA Champions Cup.

Gutted is the word.

And then then I learn that there are many cheats that have gone through at the expense of some of these fine managers, quite frankly I'm riled. I don't know if Manchester Utd's manager is a cheat - I don't think he is - but if he were I'd be even more gutted. So to be in the shoes of a defeated manager who's lost to a cheat, I'd rather be anywhere else apart from the Stadium of Light :rolleyes:.

To be honest, I don't quite know what I'm trying to get at with this post, just that, pretty much:

• I lost in the SMFA Champions Cup quarters
  • I'm a failure as a manager of a top team (just as well I only managed to bag Heerenveen and Bordeaux in GC11 and GC12 :rolleyes: )
  • Cheats should be banned, and then made to spend 24 hours listening to James Blunt whilst being pecked by Gareth Southgate
  • teb is a forum legend
  • And finally, there's always next season or the season after - for now there's ale :D

End of post

I know this sounds like a suicide note' date=' and it's about to get worse, I assure you I'm fine, just annoyed and slightly merry (Alcohol - God's best invention :D). Anyway, to continue, the only reason I'm writing this post is because it came up on the Forum homepage, with a comment from teb, and I always try to read teb's posts as he's a legend. Reading his post, and the posts recent, the shocking realisation that 3 forumers - 2 of them being the massively respected pair teb and sonofpluto, with me being the 3rd forumer, as well as my good friend Sean Carlin of Barcelona (whom I payed £70m + Schweinsteiger for Ronaldinho, only to return Ronaldinho 20 turns later for £94m + Messi - good business :D:D), are all out of the SMFA Champions Cup.

Gutted is the word.

And then then I learn that there are many cheats that have gone through at the expense of some of these fine managers, quite frankly I'm riled. I don't know if Manchester Utd's manager is a cheat - I don't think he is - but if he were I'd be even more gutted. So to be in the shoes of a defeated manager who's lost to a cheat, I'd rather be anywhere else apart from the Stadium of Light :rolleyes:.

To be honest, I don't quite know what I'm trying to get at with this post, just that, pretty much:

[list']

[*]I lost in the SMFA Champions Cup quarters

[*]I'm a failure as a manager of a top team (just as well I only managed to bag Heerenveen and Bordeaux in GC11 and GC12 :rolleyes: )

[*]Cheats should be banned, and then made to spend 24 hours listening to James Blunt whilst being pecked by Gareth Southgate

[*]teb is a forum legend

[*]And finally, there's always next season or the season after - for now there's ale :D

End of post

I like your post as it flatters my ego amongst other things. :D

I wouldn't take lack of success with a big club to heart too much. GC1 is rock hard and being at any stage in the SMFA Cup is an achievement.

Yep, pretty gutting that the cheats have prevailed, and more annoying is that their success will just encourage cheats especially as long as SM allow it (the Man Utd manager had cheated and had a low rep at time of winning the SMFA Cup and being put on the homepage, if I remember rightly).

To be fair the people I have called cheats did the crime and did the time some time ago, but fact is that had they done it a month or two later they wouldn't be allowed in the setup on today's rules. That makes it pretty frustrating for the legit managers.

BTW....

Half my team is for loan now effectively unless SM are up for letting my new signings play and replaying the match (long odds on that).

Based on a 3-5-2, basically anyone not in their top two positions can go on loan (ie am keeping top 6 defenders, top 10 midfielders, top 4 strikers)

I don't know the Man U manager but it is rather annoying that the "best" manager in the setup has a rep of 48 even though he has been in since the start....maybe if he played fair he wouldn't have been quite as successful :confused:

Yeah Jacko I totally agree that it is very frustrating. I feel for Tom after he lost to him and no doubt the cheat will go on and win the SMFA cup for the 3rd time despite the fact he should not be in the setup! Oh well I will just have to stuff him next season!

Simple answer...No:p... ill beat you though ;)

I just want to qualify for europe tbh

Gazza, just realised you are used to looking up at me in GC's aren't you, your almighty Roma team in GC5 is getting destroyed by my rather mediocre Fiorentina team! Don't worry though, it's not just you, Tom Owen is even further behind.:D:D;)

Guest Toggs

AARRGHH!! No teams coming avaliable all night.

Going to post on the Team Swap thread, but then again there is ahrdly any point :o

Save me some players for loan Teb ;) May need them :P

Hopefully i can get in the spanish leagues, does anybody know any managers that are or may be looking to release their teams for a class Sporting and a Liverpool in a new forumer setup ??

Gazza' date=' just realised you are used to looking up at me in GC's aren't you, your almighty Roma team in GC5 is getting destroyed by my rather mediocre Fiorentina team! Don't worry though, it's not just you, Tom Owen is even further behind.:D:D;)[/quote']

Shush:o

Thats mainly down to me playing my reserves in the league when i had SMFA Champs cup , and Italy cup & shield matches coming up :)

Dont Worry, ill catch you;)

What team is tom??

Shush:o

Thats mainly down to me playing my reserves in the league when i had SMFA Champs cup ' date=' and Italy cup & shield matches coming up :)

Dont Worry, ill catch you;)

What team is tom??[/quote']

Tom is Inter. He has a joint account or something. Will be tough to catch me now mate. I am 8 points clear with not that long left.

Guest Toggs

Did somebody say new Bayer Leverkusen manager ??

Yep, thanks to Offside (whos 21 :eek: ) i am the new manager, looking to keep them up and build up a good squad.