Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Gold Championship 1 News

Posted Images

Lahm is facing a disciplinary after that 4th minute sending off against our rivals :D

Was always going to be difficult to win with 10 men against your 6 man possession football. I watched it on the score centre and was amazed each time we scored to make it 1-1, 2-2, and 3-3 in the 81st minute!!

You ended my 12 match winning streak though and overtook me in GC2 so all in all I feel like you had the upper hand last night mate :)

Torpedo Moskva had a decent 4-1 victory over Spartak Mo....

....Nalchik last night which has moved us up to third and our highest position for the season. :D

Team is settled and playing well now but we simply don't have the quality to get over the big hitters of the league. Leaders Spartak Moskva are well out of reach by a massive 15 points but second placed Shakhtar are only four points ahead and still within reach of the chasing pack. I'd be really happy to snatch a euro place with Torpedo but it's a hard run home with a mass of fairly evenly matched clubs fighting for the SMFA Shield spots.

Don't worry about me' date=' I'll find a way to screw up and then end up in my normal 3rd spot (finished there 3 times in a row!)[/quote']

:D

...well they say things come in threes so your streak of 3rds may be over. ;)

I reckon you're good for second tbh. Strong squad in great form while the two Dynamos plus Lokomotiv, Torpedo, FK and Tom seem to be swapping places like crazy every round.

picture.php?albumid=134&pictureid=935

1 MONTH IN AND THINGS ARE GOOD IN BELGRADE....

I have been at Red Star for just over a month now - and things have been progressing well both on and off the pitch.

Results

Form has been fairly good since taking over. We have played 13 in the league, winning 8, drawing 2 and losing 3 - giving us a 67% point achievement rating - this remains in line with the previous administration.

Red Star also finished runners-up in the Mediterranean Shield, losing in the final to Porto after beating Benfica in the semi's after a dramatic penalty shootout.

Transfers

I have brought in a total of 25 players and got shut of 43 players - bringing the squad size down as I had set out to do, by 18 players. We now have a squad of 38 senior players (including 2 in on loan), and 61 youth players.

I am hoping to reduce this again when some of the cash generating risers get their increase, and offer a profit to the club.

I am delighted with some of the first-teamers we have brought in :

Dato Kvirkvelia (88) £12m

Sebastien Bassong (88) £19m

Joao Pereira (88) £15.4m

Paulo Machado (88) £1.4m, Daniel Ayala and Tomas Costa

Chinedu Obasi (87) £15.5m

Christophe Jallet (87) £12.3m

Vasyl Kobin (84) £11m (well, he should be if he gets a decent rise)

Javier Saviola (89) LOAN

Juan Albin (88) LOAN

and some decent prospects :

Mathias Zanka Jorgensen (85) £12m

Maciej Rybus (84) £9m

Vladimir Weiss (82) £5m

To fund all this, I managed to raise more than £170m by selling players such as Emmerson Boyce, Obradovic, Pino, Vuoso, Morel.

The only player that I have let go that I would have preferred to hold on to was Daniel Ayala, the Liverpool youngster. But I took the view in the end that I needed Machado more than I was confident that Ayala will become a big star.

The signings I have made will hopefully make us more competitive in the short term.

In the medium to long term - the excellent youngsters already here should have received rises that will make them more suitable regular 1st Teamers.

(Pastore/Badstuber/Zuculini/Villalba/Moritz/Bau/Nounkeu/Khacheridi/Bernardo/Coutinho/Kramaric are probably the pick)

Above all - I have thoroughly enjoyed being at the helm of Red Star and part of Gc1 over the last month - and long may it continue.

FC Kaiserslauten Update:

Inconsistent form continues

League Matchday 24- Eintracgt Frankfurt 1 Kaiserslauten 0

Kaiserslauten again put up a stern fight against a top class team but were again undone by an early sending off this time main Compper the culprit afer 9mins, despite a battling display and being more than a match for the high flyers from Frankfurt a single goal was enough for Frankfurt to earn the win.

League Matchday 25- Kaiserslauten 6 Dynamo Dresden 0

Kaierslauten got back to winning ways comprehensively defeating a Dreseden team low on quality and confidence. Despite this Kaiserslauten prodeuced some scintillating football at times and with goals coming from all over the pitch with Ciani (2) Chermiti, Nilmar, Bousaffa and N'Zogbai it completed a rewarding night for the homefans.

League Matchday 26- FC Union Berlin 0 Kaiserslauten 2

Kaiserslauten battled to an away win at a difficult Berlin side posed many problems which Kaiserslauten overcame with a decent 2nd half display, nerves were settled by a first goal from new boy kroos in the 83rd minute to add to the lead Chermiti had given us early in the 2nd half.

League Matchday 27- Kaiserslauten 1 TSV Munich 3

Kaiserslauten welcomed 2nd placed TSV for a tough test at the Fritz Walner arena and were undone by the brillianceof one man namely Ismael bangoura who scored a hat-trick to leave the kaiserslauten defence chasing shadows as he tore through the home defence. TSV have a top class squad and it showed despite another strike from Nilmar who is having a decent start to his career at the home team it was not enough as TSV held on with relative ease.

German Cup Round 2- Hana Rostock 0 Kaiserslauten 1

A tough tie and so it proved to be as the 2nd division outfit fought and scraped as though there lives depended on it, frustrating kaiserslauten as chance ater chance was wasted by the 2nd string side Pauley had put ou for the cup. It was only the introduction of the big guns in Nilmar and Bousaffa late in the day that changed the course of the game and a 84th minute strike again from Nilmar saw off the plucky lower league outfi and fired Kaiserslauten to a date away at Stuttgart in the last 16.

These latest results have seen kaiserslauten move up into a shield spot in 7th place with a whole clutch of clubs close behind in the race for a shield spot but with what looks like on paper anyhow a more pleasent looking fixture listbin the next couple of weeks kaiserslauten will look to push on and hopefully put a gap between them and the closing pack.

picture.php?albumid=136&pictureid=994

picture.php?albumid=136&pictureid=995

Argentine strugglers Velez Sarsfield have completed the signings of Romanian keeper Bogdan Lobont from Blackburn (£7m) and Brazilian left back Evaldo from Charlton (£10m).

New manager Hugo Alves has only been in charge at the club for a few days but has already endeared himself to fans with these relatively high profile players arriving at the club.

Velez are currently sat in 19th Position in the league, meaning that Alves will surely be using the rest of this season to build for next.

picture.php?albumid=136&pictureid=996

English fourth division side Leyton Orient have completed the signing of promising 23 year old Greek defender, Giorgos Galitsios from Olympiacos. The fee is believed to be in the region of £6m, representing decent value for a defender that was recently called into the Greek squad for the first time.

Manager Fred Fredson has also completed the signings of Brazilians Talles Cunha and Elicarlos, as well as Romanian youngster Cornel Rapa this week.

picture.php?albumid=136&pictureid=997

27 year old Italian targetman Gilardino, or simply “Gila” to his fans, has been a prolific scorer for Italy since he burst on the under-21 scene in 2000. His U-21 career was a distinguished one, winning the U-21 Euros with Italy in 2004 and representing their Olympic side in the same year.

Gila is the current record holder for U-21 goals for his country, netting 19 in his 30 appearances.

More Impressive, perhaps, is the continuation of this high rate of scoring rate for the senior side – his record of 16 goals in 39 caps is just over 2 games per goal and extremely creditable at full international level. Almost typically English in style, Gilardino is extremely capable in the air and has weighed in with his share of goals wherever he has been.

Currently plying his trade at Borussia MG, Gilardino is transfer listed by his club and surely it won’t be long that a player of his class remains on the market – one way or another!

I got offered the Fiorentina job.... this is the first job offer I can remember receiving in GC1 for a long' date=' long time.

I thought that jobs were meant to be offered to managers with good records in priority to others so (not meaning to blow my own trumpet) I am always a bit bemused to never receive any! Clearly SM have the measure of my managerial talents! :D

[b']

I would only be tempted by the Spurs job.[/b]

... which has now been offered to me! Something to mull over!

It would be difficult to leave Spartak after so long, they are in great form....28 league games undefeated and only one defeat in all competitions so far this season.

I was gutted to see Shakhtar slip to a defeat last night (:rolleyes:) which means there is now a 14 point gap between us. An interesting SMFA cup tie against Derby coming up too.

I am also interested to see how my side is going to ride out Player Concerns. I have a number of players I will consider trading, of various ratings and age. Am looking to bring in youth players on two for one deals... if anyone is interested drop me a PM.

... which has now been offered to me! Something to mull over!

It would be difficult to leave Spartak after so long' date=' they are in great form....28 league games undefeated and only one defeat in all competitions so far this season.

I was gutted to see Shakhtar slip to a defeat last night (:rolleyes:) which means there is now a 14 point gap between us. An interesting SMFA cup tie against Derby coming up too.

I am also interested to see how my side is going to ride out Player Concerns. I have a number of players I will consider trading, of various ratings and age. Am looking to bring in youth players on two for one deals... if anyone is interested drop me a PM.[/quote']

So you have been offered your favourite team in the oldest GC with the insanely good Spartak. Your obviously going to reject though surely :P

:D, seems my team do want to play for 3rd place again, luckily I have a 4 point advantage over 3rd/4th atm, hoping to get the job done this time and give Shakhtar some Champ's Cup football!

Edit: Don't you dare leave me teb.

So you have been offered your favourite team in the oldest GC with the insanely good Spartak. Your obviously going to reject though surely :P

Could you imagine if Tebtook Fiorentina (which im certain he wont) and they went on offer and nobody took em imagine the refreshing that would behappening on the add new club page at 5-5.30am think SM would crash permenently for a while whilst there servers have a chance to recover :P

Could you imagine if Tebtook Fiorentina (which im certain he wont) and they went on offer and nobody took em imagine the refreshing that would behappening on the add new club page at 5-5.30am think SM would crash permenently for a while whilst there servers have a chance to recover :P

LOL yeah that is for sure, if I got the offer of the team I think I would probably click reject by accident with the shock and excitement haha

LOL yeah that is for sure' date=' if I got the offer of the team I think I would probably click reject by accident with the shock and excitement haha[/quote']

The squad is about as good as I can get it and has already come off it's peak in terms of value... so I am not sure it would be a very exciting job for someone taking it! Which is not me saying that nobody could do well with it' date=' but the challenge now is less about improving the squad and winning but in trying to stop my players from all leaving (and winning that darned elusive SMFA cup!!).

Still, let's see how someone else does.

[i']The Tottenham Hotspur chairman has appointed tebthereb as the clubs new manager.[/i]

Did I fool you? I won't be leaving any time soon!

The squad is about as good as I can get it and has already come off it's peak in terms of value... so I am not sure it would be a very exciting job for someone taking it! Which is not me saying that nobody could do well with it' date=' but the challenge now is less about improving the squad and winning but in trying to stop my players from all leaving (and winning that darned elusive SMFA cup!!).

Still, let's see how someone else does.

[i']The Tottenham Hotspur chairman has appointed tebthereb as the clubs new manager.[/i]

Did I fool you? I won't be leaving any time soon!

Yeah you got me and I think everyone on SM :P