Gold Championship 1 News

Re: Gold Championship 1 News

Just to let people know that I'm not ignoring bids for Tevez but I haven't replied to any yet as I am currently awaiting an incoming offer from Beelzebub and I don't want to reject any offers until this one comes in.

However' date=' if it contains the players that I think it will contain then I will have officially sold my soul to the devil of GC1.

:o[/quote']

Don't be afraid to counter Barcelona's offer. ;)

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Posted Images

NEW FACE AT THE LUZHNIKI

spartak.jpg

tevez.jpg

Goal hungry Carlos Tevez signs for Spartak Moskva

Spartak have captured the signing of Argentine forward, Carlos Tevez, in a deal which sees Demichelis and Cardozo head to Rennes in exchange. The 26 year old striker signs a three year deal and will reportedly take home nearly £60,000 a week.

A club spokesman said:

"Tevez showed terrific form for Rennes last season, with 22 goals and 19 assists in 34 starts for the club. He is a versatile forward who is equally at home up front or behind the forwards. He is yet to peak and his signing is a major coup for the club."

Spartak manager, Teb, was quick to pay homage to the departing Demichelis:

"Of course I am sad to see him go. We paid £15.5m for him in 2008, and he has had seven terrific seasons at the club, the best of which was in our unbeaten league campaign in season six where he was tremendous. The player's opportunities had become limited though as found himself behind Terry, Maicon, Lucio, Chiellini, Lahm and Alves."

Some fans were surprised by the departure of Cardozo, who leaves after just one season at the club which was spent out on loan at TSG 1899 Hoffenheim. When asked about this the manager said:

"He is a quality player, but has been struggling to find the goal recently and I was not convinced that he was developing at the rate I had hoped for when I signed him. I am sure he will do well at Rennes and wish him good luck."

It is thought that Tevez could also be farmed out on loan to TSG initially, after Spartak indicated the two clubs' managers have a good relationship and were keen to see Tevez get as many games as possible.

Mounir El Hamdaoui also signs for Spartak following some impressive form, with Beausejour and Tarasov going to Sochaux in exchange. Talented young Miroslav Stoch also joins the Russian club, in a deal that sees Konko move to Sao Paulo. Teb said:

"The close season is not yet over and I think the club will do one or two more deals yet. We are in negotiations about a few top players and one or two deals are pretty much done but we will see how things go. Nobody comes cheap though, and we have a great squad already, so we are not desperate to ring the changes. The press are saying a few of our older players will be leaving and for the right deal this is true. Contrary to popular belief though, morale at the club is high, and the club's finances are good so we are not desperate to sell."

A few days ago I was floating the question of which is the best league in GC1' date=' subtly suggesting that it is the English one, just trying to stir debate really (GC1 can get stale at times!).

Some of you disagreed:

Italy is the best :)
…it's always so tight that we don't have a lot of time for Europe. The year I won it' date=' I finished like 8th.[/quote']
has to be Spain ! Might Atletico are in it so it must be the best ! B)
I'm not sure I agree that English Division one is the best in GC1!! The German 1st division is very competative. Only 10 points seperate the top 11 teams' date=' the title was only decided last saturday where until then there were 5 teams in the running![/quote']

Well here’s a breakdown of how the various leagues match up on a number of scales. I don’t know which is the most accurate way to compare the leagues, I suppose it depends on what is considered to represent ‘the best’. Are we looking at the quality of each league, the competitiveness within each league, the success of teams across leagues, or something else?

Anyway, taking the stats from the current ‘game world information’ here’s a match up of the various leagues:

Average rating:

League..................Ave Rat

England...................87.9

Germany.................87.3

Italy.......................87.2

Spain......................87.1

France.....................85.5

America...................85.1

Eastern Europe..........84.8

Mediterranean...........84.7

Central Europe..........83.5

Holland and Belgium..83.1

Scandinavia..............83.1

Scotland...................82.0

I know some of these leagues get dragged down by the low ranking unmanaged clubs in them so here’s a ranking using the average of the top 5 teams in each league:

Average rating of the top 5 ranked teams

League....................Top 5

England....................90.6

Italy........................90.0

Spain.......................90.0

Eastern Europe..........90.0

Germany..................89.4

France......................88.8

Mediterranean............88.6

America....................87.6

Holland and Belgium....87.4

Central Europe............86.8

Scotland....................86.8

Scandinavia...............86.0

To be fair the stats are a little bit misrepresented as SM only quotes the average rating to the nearest whole number but they give a general idea of how the teams in the various leagues match up. I note that the English league still comes out top both times.

Instead of looking at ratings, which reflect the level of the teams but not necessarily the competitiveness of the league, I had a look at how well the top 5 teams actually did this season, thinking that if more of them finished in the top 5 could perhaps suggest a less competitive league.

Leader/winner rankings:

League..............Top 5 in top 5......Ranking of winner

England.....................4........................8

Italy..........................4.......................1

Mediterranean.............4.......................3

Holland and Belgium....4.......................3

France.......................3.......................2

America.....................3.......................2

Central Europe............3.......................2

Scandinavia................3.......................5

Scotland....................3........................2

Spain........................2........................1

Eastern Europe............2.......................1

Germany....................1.......................8

Interestingly Germany only had one of its top 5-rated teams in the top 5, and Spain just two, suggesting that these leagues could indeed be highly competitive. Alternatively it could be down to just bad management on the part of those with the highest rated teams.

Both England and Germany had winners who were ranked eighth, another measure of competitiveness (given that lower ranked teams are also able to challenge, unlike the Italian league this season).

One alternative explanation could be that the top teams in these leagues suffered due to being involved in Europe, but that doesn’t seem to be the case given that Newcastle went all the way to the SMFA shield final, and German teams all crashed out before the semis, except for Hoffenheim, who still finished fifth in their league.

Lastly, perhaps the best measure of the best league is the SMFA success. Needless to say the English league runs away with this, winning one of the competitions every year for the first 8 years, including the incredible 3 back-to-back SMFA Cup wins by Danny at Man Utd (and two shield ones for myself at Boro, the only other team to successfully defend it’s SMFA title).

SMFA Wins (for seasons 1-9):

League................SMFA CUP...SMFA Shield....Total

England......................5...............3...............8

Spain.........................2...............0...............2

Italy..........................1................1..............2

Eastern Europe............1................1..............2

France........................0...............1..............1

Scotland.....................0................1..............1

Mediterranean..............0...............2..............2

Germany.....................0...............0..............0

America......................0................0..............0

Central Europe.............0................0..............0

Holland and Belgium.....0................0..............0

Scandinavia.................0...............0...............0

[EDIT: And news hot of the press, Newcastle just added another title taking the SMFA shield for a 2nd time, having won it back in season 1, and Derby now face Barca in the SMFA cup final]

No doubt there’s other ways to consider which league is best, but on this evidence I’d say it’s the English one without a doubt. I’m pretty sure there’ll be a more than a few of you who disagree so I welcome your thoughts.

[apologies for the shaking formatting on the tables, I couldn't figure out how to have the forum accept my pre-formatted info]

Not a single posted response to my 'who's best thread'? I guess that means you all agree, that the English GC 1 league the best then. Well, I'm glad that's settled...

Not a single posted response to my 'who's best thread'? I guess that means you all agree' date=' that the English GC 1 league the best then. Well, I'm glad that's settled...[/quote']

I still have to come to terms with your assumption that there are other leagues in GC1 besides the English.

Not a single posted response to my 'who's best thread'? I guess that means you all agree' date=' that the English GC 1 league the best then. Well, I'm glad that's settled...[/quote']

I didn't really know what to make of it myself. Personally not interested in being in the "best" division or staking a claim that mine fits the bill. I am in GC1 as it was the first GC made and because there are lots of smart managers taking part, so negotiating is more fun.

I don't think the Eastern Europe league has much of an argument for being the "best" league on paper, but there are a couple of managers in there who are very good and do a great job with relatively little. They probably started with less than the average EPL side too. I am sure they would be as thrilled and inspired by your post as I was! :P:D

I am surprised more people don't join the Eastern European league actually. Many of the teams are ripe for a revolution, low rated and wealthy. Also there would be the thrilling opportunity to show up an overrated clown... namely me. After all, you won’t see me in other gameworlds on account of there being "no easy trophies" for me to win elsewhere. Apparently. ;)

I joined some divisions in other gameworlds (EC10, GC3) just to see how I do against other manager high up the Best Managers List (the answer is "pretty bad") but clearly everyone already has the measure of me. :)

471_1190133289.gif

IFK Göteborg Appoint Eltringham

Scandinavian giants IFK Göteborg have appointed Ian Eltringham as their new manager. Chairman Kent Ohlsson had been searching for a new manager since May 10th when Darren Williams handed in his resignation after 128 games in charge. With Eltringham at the helm IFK Göteborg will look to develop their squad and make a serious challenge for a top 4 finish this season.

401_1263209751.jpg

31561_1272888393.jpg20538_1265357069.jpg29210_1242775102.jpg

Balotelli, Hernandez and Cissokho.

Hamburg SV have recieved three players on loan for the season from Russian giants Spartak Moscow. The three players, Mario Balotelli, Pablo Hernandez and Aly Cissokho, will all play for the German team for the coming season.

Balotelli, who returns to the club for a second successive season, had this to say, " Coming back here was a no brainer. I enjoy playing here as I get first team football and the fans and staff are brilliant. I'm glad Pablo and Aly will play here too this season and I hope we can go that extra mile as we were unlucky last season".

Hamburg kick off their season at home to Frankfurt on Saturday evening.

I've got Liverpool, Club Brugge and Viborg in my SMFA Cup Group. Looked at the preview for the first match:

Shakhtar are looking for their first top-level trophy after narrowly missing out 8 times.

:(

Group A is just horrible

Also had 13 club messages this morning, thought one of my numerous bids was accepted and the rest collapsed, or they were all auto-rejected, but no, they were all loan offers for Teb's players, don't know why I have any Spartak players shortlisted :D

Im not in that group(celtic). Chelsea are though!

Whoops :o

Chelsea make it even worse TBH, if I get a point I willhave exceeded expectations I think

Might make this my last season as I realy dont think i can take kaiserslauten any further forward, exceeded expectations by getting into he Champions League and think hat is s far s we can go :(:)

cska_moscow_logo.png

Nesta.jpg

CSKA Moskva have confirmed a massive signing recently. Italian ledgend Alessandro Nesta has completed his move to the Russian giants, with Ignashevich and Berezutsky moving to Atletico Madrid, and a fee of £1.000.000.

Also, Yuri Zhirkov, Raul Albiol and Juan Mata have also been confirmed as loanees from rivals Spartak Moskva. These top quality players will help bring success to CSKA, something which has been lacking for years.

With Charlton ready to do battle in the SMFA Shield, CSKA will look to progress to the second round.

Despite this decent draw, they have got a monster Russian Shield game with Tebs Spartak.

A difficult draw, but CSKA will be looking for a successful season, looking to challenge for the league.

Sometimes I don't understand SM! Last season I finished 12th in the English Div 1' date=' yet I somehow qualified for the SMFA Shield. Not that I'm complaining, but how does that work?! Even 13th qualified. Very strange...:confused:[/quote']

It's common sense really

Extra league placements can be awarded based on cup winners.

The Cup and Shield winners are in SMFA Cup so their spots go to the league. Newcastle won the SMFA Shield which gives another spot to the league because they're in SMFA Cup. ;)

Decided i needed a challenge and noticed GC1 was coming into a new season so i took Mallorca :D

Very basic squad but a wopping 164 million to spend and a few days to build before the start.... any loans 86+ would be appreciated :)

You could of joined Germany kiddo the 6 points would of come in usefull for me :P