Popular Posts

Re: Gold Championship 1 News

Posted Images

picture.php?albumid=160&pictureid=1990

RED STAR COMPLETE PANDEV TRADE

73891_10150114695784018_629794017_7555469_3430279_n.jpg148843_10150114695719018_629794017_7555468_3815347_n.jpg

After a few weeks of trying to shift Macedonian Goran Pandev, Red Star have finally struck a deal with Liverpool that has completed this evening. In exchange for Pandev, Fabio Quagliarella and Mathieu Coutadeur have arrived in Belgrade along with a useful £5m.

Stifler -

I am delighted with the deal, Quagliarella will take Pandev's place in the starting line up and Coutadeur will prove a useful squad player.

Song Told To Leave!

It has today been revealed, that inside the Napoli boardroom young Alex Song has been involved in a bust-up with the manager, that surfaced after yesterday evening's 3-1 loss to Lazio.

One of our sources said the soon to be 91 rated player said something along these lines, "How did we lose that game? We have a brilliant team, all of the talent and strength in depth you could want, but we lose a game as sloppy as that. If the results carry on like this, I do not wish to be a part of this 'team'."

That same source then said that in response to hearing that, the new Napoli manager Phillip Thomas told him to leave, as he didn't want a player that didn't want to play for the team do so.

"If a deal would be struck, it would involve a highly praised attacking player (Winger, Attacking-Midfielder or Forward)." another one of our sources told us.

This has been Gethin Touch, reporting from Naples.

Shakhtar beat Amkar 6-1, with Luka Modric grabbing 4 goals, Yarmolenko and Tuncay with the other two. Saw the result and thought, oh might have caught up some GD on teb, but he went and won 6-1 too :(, still only 3 points ahead of him and only 2 ahead of Loko.

Couple of hard games coming up after the final SMFA Cup game and a game against Chornormorets: Torpedo followed by Spartak, got a feeling that the SMFA Cup 1st Knockout stage will be put between those two games :rolleyes:

Just rejected Werder Bremen. They have a couple of higher rated players, but i've built up my Hoffenhiem team from nothing, it would be hard to give it up!

I rested my top players in the league last night as I have a second leg in the SMFA Shield against Atletico Madrid on Monday. I still beat Hannover 96 2-1.

I signed Romain Danze from unmanaged Sochaux for £4.3m, he's due a rating rise and adds some depth to my defence.

Just rejected Werder Bremen. They have a couple of higher rated players' date=' but i've built up my Hoffenhiem team from nothing, it would be hard to give it up!

I rested my top players in the league last night as I have a second leg in the SMFA Shield against Atletico Madrid on Monday. I still beat Hannover 96 2-1.

I signed Romain Danze from unmanaged Sochaux for £4.3m, he's due a rating rise and adds some depth to my defence.[/quote']

Taken over them, thanks

Song Told To Leave!

It has today been revealed' date=' that inside the Napoli boardroom young Alex Song has been involved in a bust-up with the manager, that surfaced after yesterday evening's 3-1 loss to Lazio.

One of our sources said the soon to be 91 rated player said something along these lines, "How did we lose that game? We have a brilliant team, all of the talent and strength in depth you could want, but we lose a game as sloppy as that. If the results carry on like this, I do not wish to be a part of this 'team'."

That same source then said that in response to hearing that, the new Napoli manager Phillip Thomas told him to leave, as he didn't want a player that didn't want to play for the team do so.

"If a deal would be struck, it would involve a highly praised attacking player (Winger, Attacking-Midfielder or Forward)." another one of our sources told us.

This has been Gethin Touch, reporting from Naples.[/quote']

Anyone interested?

What a difference two weeks can make - the mood has improved significantly at Boca Juniors since the last update as a result of five games played without conceding a single goal. That positive spell coincided with the return of RB Cassetti from injury and also brought Boca Juniors the first title of the season - winning the Latin American Shield only for the second time in its history.

While Boca Juniors was hopelessly behind in 4th place at the time of the last update with a gap of 9 points to Sao Paulo, 8 points behind Chivas and 5 points behind Corinthians the picture looks much brighter now. Leaders Chivas are still three points ahead, Sao Paulo two points but Corinthians in 4th place are now four points behind due to the following results:

First Boca Juniors hosted 5th placed Racing Club on Nov. 3 and came away with a 4-0 victory. Datolo, Santa Cruz (with a penalty), Palacio and Edgar all scored in a convincing win.

Next up was a tight game on Nov. 6 away at San Lorenzo which Boca Juniors won 1-0 thanks to a goal by Bolatti after 74mins.

Then on Nov. 8 Boca Juniors played America de Cali in the Latin American Shield final. The match went into penalties which Boca Juniors won 3-0 to lift the first trophy of the season and ensure qualification at least for the SMFA Shield next season.

Only two days later the team hosted Flamengo in the league and won again 2-0 with Datolo (46 mins) and substitute Basa (65 mins) being the scorers.

On Nov. 13 the team travelled to Vasco da Gama and won 3-0 thanks to Bolatti (11 mins), Cata Diaz (14 mins) and Palacio (15 mins).

Now tonight the decisive match in the SMFA Cup at Steaua Bucharest is following. Boca Juniors need at least a point to qualify for the knock-out stages. As a result of the brutal schedule in the past couple of weeks and a relatively thin first team squad this match will be a challenge to get through. However, the team promised to give it their best shot and compensate for the disappointing result in the previous SMFA Cup group match at Hannover.

A late flurry by Middlesbrough in the SMFA Shield sees them coming from 3-1 down in the first leg to beat Slavia Praha 2-0 in the return match. Goals were scored in the 84th and 85th minutes, the last a controversial penalty, seeing Boro progress to the quarter finals on away goals and a match up with Swedish side Brondby. :eek::D

Just taken over Hellas Verona. They've always interested me due to their history so, thought I'd take them in the famous GC1 for a challenge.

Of course, the first thing anyone will do when they join GC1 is to check out Teb's Spartak :D I've seen them before, so I've always known how good they were, however, due to the fact I wasn't in the setup, I couldn't few the players loaned out. I didn't think that side could get any better until I saw that list of 88 players loaned out. I've never seen a side loan a player of the quality of Pato, Tevez, Simao, Albiol, Valdes, Mata, Toure, Motta, Hernandez, Ramires, Silva, Capdevila, Cissokho etc, never mind all of them :eek::P That's amazing! And the fact that I haven't even listed the players under 90, the likes of Bale, Howedes, Alderweireld, Granero, Vela, Balotelli etc :o

Just out of interest, what happens when a player reaches level 5 concern? I'd say there'll be a huge scrap if the likes of Hernanes reaches level 5 :P Only joking, well done Teb, fantastic job!

Drawn with Liverpool in the last 16 match of the SMFA Cup.

Here's the Draw.

(ITA) Milan - Boca Juniors (ARG)

(ITA) Lazio - Borussia Dortmund (GER)

(UKR) Shakhtar - Newcastle United (ENG)

(POR) FC Porto - Lyon (FRA)

(POR) Sporting CP - Fiorentina (ITA)

(SPA) Bracelona - Liverpool (ENG)

(BEL) KRC Genk - Internazionale (ITA)

(RUS) Spartak Moskva - Sparta Praha (CZE)

Pretty disappointed to be the only Spanish team left. Italy look impressive with all four teams progressing.

Just taken over Hellas Verona. They've always interested me due to their history so' date=' thought I'd take them in the famous GC1 for a challenge.

Of course, the first thing anyone will do when they join GC1 is to check out Teb's Spartak :D I've seen them before, so I've always known how good they were, however, due to the fact I wasn't in the setup, I couldn't few the players loaned out. I didn't think that side could get any better until I saw that list of 88 players loaned out. I've never seen a side loan a player of the quality of Pato, Tevez, Simao, Albiol, Valdes, Mata, Toure, Motta, Hernandez, Ramires, Silva, Capdevila, Cissokho etc, never mind all of them :eek::P That's amazing! And the fact that I haven't even listed the players under 90, the likes of Bale, Howedes, Alderweireld, Granero, Vela, Balotelli etc :o

Just out of interest, what happens when a player reaches level 5 concern? I'd say there'll be a huge scrap if the likes of Hernanes reaches level 5 :P Only joking, well done Teb, fantastic job![/quote']

Cheers. To be honest the concerns should be manageable, to an extent. Most of the high concerns are about loans which are resolvable. Whatever happens though it will be good for everyone.

I feel a bit embarrassed about the squad these days. Many people in the gameworld, past and present, have hated me for it and I can understand their frustration (if not hatred) as I obviously cannot possibly use all these players. The Roma manager wrote an article about me (mostly) the other day in fact. I was the "unnamed manager" that he focussed on.

The problem is that I don't see why I should do deals that I know are not going to improve the side, yet my side really does not need improving much, and I love doing deals!

Anyway, welcome to GC1 and good luck. :)

Separate note, thanks for the nice writeup Stifler. I went and drew Sparta which I blame you for! :D

A late flurry by Middlesbrough in the SMFA Shield sees them coming from 3-1 down in the first leg to beat Slavia Praha 2-0 in the return match. Goals were scored in the 84th and 85th minutes' date=' the last a controversial penalty, seeing Boro progress to the quarter finals on away goals and a match up with Swedish side Brondby. :eek::D[/quote']

Beware of the away leg though - it would be ashame if you lose it 0-3 as a result of showing up with your team in Sweden for a match that will be held at Brondby Copenhagen in Denmark :)

Guest MR. HAMMER

Drawn with Liverpool in the last 16 match of the SMFA Cup.

Here's the Draw.

(ITA) Milan - Boca Juniors (ARG)

(ITA) Lazio - Borussia Dortmund (GER)

(UKR) Shakhtar - Newcastle United (ENG)

(POR) FC Porto - Lyon (FRA)

(POR) Sporting CP - Fiorentina (ITA)

(SPA) Bracelona - Liverpool (ENG)

(BEL) KRC Genk - Internazionale (ITA)

(RUS) Spartak Moskva - Sparta Praha (CZE)

Pretty disappointed to be the only Spanish team left. Italy look impressive with all four teams progressing.

Well not as bad as England at leat you dont have Newcastle waving the flag for your contry but we have the power house Liverpool still there.

Boca Juniors scraped through to the knock-out stages of the SMFA Cup thanks to a 0-0 draw at Steaua Bucharest. A draw was all that was needed to finish 2nd behind Spartak Moscow and a draw overall seemed like a fair result given that possession was 50/50 and both teams has 7 shots on target.

Some five players that would have been in the starting 11 for Boca Juniors either did not start or came off the bench (RM Ledesma due to suspension, LB Monzon still recovering from injury and Bolatti, Datolo and Cata Diaz all on as substitutes). So while not impressive Boca Juniors did the job and qualified for the knock-out stages for the 2nd time in a row as the only team from Latin America and is still in all competitions having already won the Latin American Shield.

Therefore, the team remains stretched to the limit and it will not help that Veron picked up another yellow card last night and is suspended together with Ledesma for the 1st leg of the SMFA Cup at Milan next Monday. Any additional injuries in the two league games until then and Boca Juniors may be better off to save the travel expenses for the trip to Milan :)

On the positive side, the result last night means that Boca Juniors have not conceded a goal in six straight games now. Next up is another away game in the league at Cruz Azul - hopefully that streak can continue and fatigue will not negatively affect the performance of the team.

Guest MR. HAMMER

Liverpool ready to deal:

REINA, ANYUKOV, VERMAELEN, VARGAS, SISSOKO, DE ZEEUW, ROBINHO, CROUCH

Can all leave for PE need 2-1 deals Crouch last seasons EPL top goal scorer can leave because of needing depth but may not sell him at all.:eek:

Thanks for your nice post Stifler.

And regarding Spartak, i am certainly not one who hates Spartak. Quite the opposite, i enjoy the fact that there is a team that i can't catch up to within the next year. Having a team in the setup that is so far ahead just makes the challenge more interesting.

Cheers. To be honest the concerns should be manageable' date=' to an extent. Most of the high concerns are about loans which are resolvable. Whatever happens though it will be good for everyone.

I feel a bit embarrassed about the squad these days. Many people in the gameworld, past and present, have hated me for it and I can understand their frustration (if not hatred) as I obviously cannot possibly use all these players. The Roma manager wrote an article about me (mostly) the other day in fact. I was the "unnamed manager" that he focussed on.

The problem is that I don't see why I should do deals that I know are not going to improve the side, yet my side really does not need improving much, and I love doing deals!

Anyway, welcome to GC1 and good luck. :)

Separate note, thanks for the nice writeup Stifler. I went and drew Sparta which I blame you for! :D[/quote']

It is a bit frustrating but like every job you have to make the best of it. You started off with an average an fair play to you for getting that.

Roma manager is a fool. Ever heard the expression "Don't bite the hand that feeds you"? I'd recall Valdes and see how he gets on.

It is a bit frustrating but like every job you have to make the best of it. You started off with an average an fair play to you for getting that.

Roma manager is a fool. Ever heard the expression "Don't bite the hand that feeds you"? I'd recall Valdes and see how he gets on.

You should.:)

Haha competing with Teb's Spartak was the only reason for me taking Torpedo, tried to give him some competition, but I think i failed so far.:( I will always wonder how did a average GC side (from the beginning) become so good, and how all but the best standard sides are worse than it.