Gold Championship 1 News

Re: Gold Championship 1 News

A second half hat-trick from Claudio Pizarro helped CSKA batter Schink 5-0, to record their biggest win of the season. Other goals came from Gomez and Yaya Toure. They now rise into 4th, 7 pts off leaders Spartak after Shaktar, Lokomotiv Moscow, Torpedo Moscow and Dynamo Moscow all failed to win

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Posted Images

Finally managed to get a buy a nice winger, in Jimmy Briand, who came for Giuliano and Macheda. I also managed to sign Sorensen for cash from an unmanaged side, who will be playing in goal along with De Gea playing every other game.

Now looking for an AM, I can offer Song and if needed a talent (must be under 25!), I'm also looking for a striker (also must be under 25!).

PM me if you have players. If I like them I'll make a bid.

(more info in newspaper article)

Thanks, Phill (Napoli)

How big is your nose? :eek:

good point. as opposed to defending your actions

i just fail to see how selling macheda and a 20 year old brazil international who was top scorer for the south american champs in their champions league, who is a winger, improves your wing, especially when you are getting back a dime-a-dozen striker.

but yes, go on, assault my integrity.

good point. as opposed to defending your actions

i just fail to see how selling macheda and a 20 year old brazil international who was top scorer for the south american champs in their champions league' date=' who is a winger, improves your wing, especially when you are getting back a dime-a-dozen striker.

but yes, go on, assault my integrity.[/quote']

See, what it is, I wanted a winger that will be effective now. I know of Giuliano's talent, and Macheda isn't really going to set the world on fire anytime soon, not with Hernandez being United's current super sub. And Briand is playing quite well for Lyon at the moment, who will pick up form soon, as they usually do. I also have so much talent at the club thanks to Mark (previous manager), I can afford to lose a striker who will not rise within the foreseeable and a winger for a higher rated winger.

Nose?!

Also' date=' why do the players have to be under 25?[/quote']

Nosey...

Well they don't have to be I suppose, but many of the older players are on the lower end of the rating scale.

Also, I'm looking to give Song for the player, who will probably rise to 91, so if I'll end up giving him (and maybe another player) for the player, then I think it would be a fairer deal for me if the player was young rather than giving Song for an old 92...

There are some exceptions, but I have had complaints from saying under 30 and then saying no to a 29 year old 90.

I'll also pay Song for a striker.

CSKA come back from behind to batter Zenit 7-1. A second half hat-trick from loanee Yaya Toure and a goal from Simao (cheers teb :D) helped the scoresheet. Also goals came from Pizarro, Riera and Deco see CSKA get their first victory against Zenit in 6 games.

Thats 12 goals in the last 2 games now for me, about time this side started getting the GD up :P

Thats my 4th hat-trick this season

Barros Schelleto

Alejandro Gomez

Claudio Pizarro

Yaya Toure

And now Schmelzer goes to Spartak. I asked the owner a few weeks back if there was any chance to trade for Schmelzer (and i have quite a few good players to offer) and the answer was "he's not available". Now he gives him away for some average 88 who isn't even playing a good season. Grats Teb, i dunno how you do that.

And now Schmelzer goes to Spartak. I asked the owner a few weeks back if there was any chance to trade for Schmelzer (and i have quite a few good players to offer) and the answer was "he's not available". Now he gives him away for some average 88 who isn't even playing a good season. Grats Teb' date=' i dunno how you do that.[/quote']

I was thinking exactly the same thing .... next time I buy a car, I'm gonna ask Teb to negotiate on my behalf!:P

In a game that CSKA completly dominated, it was a single goal early in the second half from in-form Yaya Toure that secured the 3 points. This was an excellent win, considering what else happened tonight.

No surprise to see Shaktar come back from a few poor performances to batter Saturn 7-0.

But the other 2 top sides failed to win tonight.

Lokomotiv were held to a 2-2 draw at home to FK Moscow, and Spartak suffered the same scoreline against Dnipro.

These results now mean there is only a 5 point gap between 1st and 4th, so all to play for now . .

Since the last update two weeks ago Boca Juniors had a mixed set of results.

Following qualification to the knock-out stages of the SMFA Cup Boca Juniors travelled to Cruz Azul - who are in last place and fielded a team with an average of 80. It took me about 24 hrs to sign in and check the results as SM seemed to have problems at the time and I clearly feared for the worst.

At SM did not disappoint by throwing up another freak result. Boca Juniors had 59% of the possession at Cruz Azul but had only one shot on target vs. 13 for Cruz Azul! Also Bolatti got injured in a game that ended in a 1-1 draw with Santa Cruz scoring in the 74th minute to secure at least a point.

That was clearly a setback and on Nov. 20 Santos came to Buenos Aires for a visit in the league. Somehow Santos managed to dominate the game with 56% of the possession. But two goals by Veron gave Boca Juniors a 2-1 lead that lasted until the 85th minute when Santos scored again and the game resulted in yet another draw at 2-2.

Only two days later Boca Juniors travelled to Milan for the 1st leg in the SMFA Cup knock-out stage. Last season Milan won 5-2 against Boca Juniors at exactly the same stage of the competition. This time though Boca Juniors was missing Veron and Ledesma through suspension and Bolatti through injury. So basically more than half of the starting midfield while starting LB Monzon was still recovering from injury. Surprisingly, this year Boca Juniors did much better certainly helped by a goal from Leto after only one minute of play. However, Fernando (after 29 mins) and Dzeko (after 51 mins) turned the game around and gave Milan a 2-1 home win. Unfortunately, Tabanou (red card) and an injury by Pintos were added to the list of players out of action for the return leg in Buenos Aires.

So on Nov. 24 Boca Juniors had to travel to Palmeiras for their next league match. Veron and Ledesma were in good fitness but the rest of the team was clearly fatigued. So Tobio got his first start at RB and immediately got injured. However, two goals from Santa Cruz were sufficient to finally win a match away from home with 2-1 the final score.

Next on Nov. 27 defending champions Chivas came to Buenos Aires. As Chivas was four points ahead of Boca Juniors in 2nd place (Sao Paulo being 1st six points clear) this was definitely a must-win match. Boca Juniors dominated the game with 56% of the game and 10 shots on goals (vs. four shots by Chivas). Palacio scored his 9th league goal of the season after only 12 mins and this was enough to win 1-0.

As Sao Paulo drew 2-2 at River Plate after 25 league games Boca Juniors remain in 3rd place on 53 points but now just one point behind Chivas in 2nd (and the last place for SMFA Cup qualification) while Sao Paulo are still four points ahead in 1st place. Also Corinthians is still very much in the title race in 4th with 51 points while River Plate is 5th with 49 points.

Next up is another away match in the league on Dec. 1 at 12th placed Newell's Old Boys before Milan visits Buenos Aires for the 2nd leg in the SMFA Cup only two days later.

Will be accepting Dai's offer once fixtures completed as he ticks the "not in Russia" box as well as the "rep over 40" box which I neglected to mention was another condition.

Bring back G4orce..

Hah! That's a blast from the past.

Anyhoo, Rennes season so far has been a train wreck...

That is all... nearly. I'm on the lookout for a right back. 88+

If anyone could offer me a deal then please get in touch.