Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Gold Championship 1 News

Posted Images

TSG 1899 Hoffenhiem Update

I swapped Enrique Corrales (LB/LM, 28, 87) for Eugen Polanski (CM/DM, 24, 86) with Panathinaikos to add some depth to my central midfield.

i.aspx?i=epa%2fsoccer%2f2008-07%2f2008-07-07%2f%2f2008-07-07-00000301407043.jpg

Eugen Polanski

With letting Corrales go, I needed a new left back, so I signed Oscar Wendt (25, 86, LB) from unmanaged Southampton for £8.7m. With the links Liverpool and other clubs I think he is a big improvement to my squad in the long term, even though right now his rating is lower than Corrales.

wendt_web.jpg

Oscar Wendt

I also decided to do a swap deal with Napoli, with Yoann Cayabe going to Napoli and in return I received Gokhan Inler, Adrian Gunino and £5m.

201007081589_w350.jpg

Adrian Gunino

inler_gokhan.jpg

Gokhan Inler

I was a bit annoyed about the Marco Fabian transfer to Leyton Orient. To make sure I had enough cash to pay the maximum my chairman would allow for Wendt I offered a player plus a bit of cash for Fabian, that met chairmans value. I kept an eye on the transfer so I could up my bid if anyone else went in for him. Nothing happend for about 23 hours, I logged out and logged back in about 90 minutes later only to see Layton Orient had made a bid AND it had been accepted! I don't mind being in a bidding war with another manager but to be gazumped at the last minute and lose out on a hot prospect by a couple of 100k is annoying!!

Cant believe it but I have some transfer news to report :eek:

FC Kaiserslauten complete the signings of promising young defenders Frederik Sorenson who is getting game time at Juve in real life and Simone benedetti, young Italian Prospect from Free Agent for a combined 6m.

Also sign Jordi alba from Vasco da gama for 11m beating off competition from Werder Bremen, whilst everybody was concentrating on marco Motta managed to nip in and get a very decent player and hopefully riser in the next couple of weeks for a very reasonable cash amount.

Big news is that following the arrival of Jordi Alba, pauley has decided that he had a LM to many and has let go of Diego Capel to Leeds in exchange for 3m+Stephen M'Bia who is a quality addition to the backline.

Need a CM anybody who is safe and 89ish under 28 if you are prepered to P/E I can offer a 87 CB like Compper,reus,masterovic and another squad player. Get in touch if interested.

season has been a nightmare, won the German Shield to gain some silverware and had a right go in the Champs League as probably wont get there ever again but this has backfired big time in the League where with 11games to go i have a relegation battle on my hands, dropped so many points from winning positions it's untrue.

You know what, I couldn't care less what you think. I'm happy with the deal and look, I've still got plenty of talent left in the squad.

I know what I'm doing. ;)

Thanks again Andrew for doing the deal.

You know what' date=' I couldn't care less what you think. I'm happy with the deal and look, I've still got plenty of talent left in the squad.

I know what I'm doing. ;)

Thanks again Andrew for doing the deal.[/quote']

I thought it was a fair deal. Cayabe is rated as one of the best young midfielders in Franch, but hasn't established himself in the national team yet. Inler is a few years older and been linked with a move to a big club but its never happened. I think Gunino makes up for the difference in potential future value between the two.

Transfer news from the Luzhniki

spartak.jpg

lionel-messi-argentina.jpg

Long term target Lionel Messi has arrived at Spartak Moskva in exchange for Wesley Sneijder and Frank Ribery.

"It's a high price to pay but the opportunity to sign someone of Messi's calibre is very rare and could not be passed up".

Ribery had spent eight successful seasons at Spartak, Sneijder joined last season and also made an instant impact on the squad, so both will be missed.

Further news to follow.

Ribery hasn't played well in 1.5 years. I think it is highly questionable if he can come back to his old form. He shouldn't have the rating he is at.

Snejder is a very good player but no Messi.

Based on SM ratings the deal makes sense for both, but i wouldn't have taken Ribery.

Is this the first time anyone has ever got a half-decent deal out of the devil?

Sometimes he makes fair deals :eek:, the De Rossi and Buffon ones come to mind.

Wish people would stop strengthening his team, its hard enough to stay with him in a league season, or beat him in a one-off game already, that's without him adding two of the best players in the world to his squad! :D

The big game in germany tonight sees table topping eintracht frankfurt travel to 2nd place borussia dortmund seeking to stretch their lead at the top of the table to 10 points. This will be the 3rd time the two sides have met this season with the previous 2 results being a 3-1 win for eintracht in the league and a 2-2 draw that saw borussia progress on penalties in the shield, just 2 days later.

Best of luck sop :)

The big game in germany tonight sees table topping eintracht frankfurt travel to 2nd place borussia dortmund seeking to stretch their lead at the top of the table to 10 points. This will be the 3rd time the two sides have met this season with the previous 2 results being a 3-1 win for eintracht in the league and a 2-2 draw that saw borussia progress on penalties in the shield' date=' just 2 days later.

Best of luck sop :)[/quote']

Cheers mate should a great game :D

Is this the first time anyone has ever got a half-decent deal out of the devil?

You have been reading too many of Fraser's posts' date=' calling me that! :D

Lots of people have got good deals out of me, I just don't shout so much about those ones. :) This was not what I would have offered given the choice, but as it was Messi at stake it was basically a case of the other manager naming his price. Not a lot of negotiation, unfortunately.

I try and do deals that both parties are happy with, believe it or not. I don't want people to do deals with me, think "that was dumb" and then quit.

Ribery hasn't played well in 1.5 years. I think it is highly questionable if he can come back to his old form. He shouldn't have the rating he is at.

Snejder is a very good player but no Messi.

Based on SM ratings the deal makes sense for both, but i wouldn't have taken Ribery.

I didn't like losing either, I admit. Ribery is undoubtedly one of the best wingers in the world and I will miss him more, in some ways, than Sneijder. That being said I think Sneijder has an outside chance of a 96, after seeing Schweinsteiger go to 94.

Sometimes he makes fair deals :eek:' date=' the De Rossi and Buffon ones come to mind.

Wish people would stop strengthening his team, its hard enough to stay with him in a league season, or beat him in a one-off game already, that's without him adding two of the best players in the world to his squad! :D[/quote']

Two? Have you been rubbing your crystal ball again...? :B)

Lacklustre start to Messi's career in Russia after Spartak slip to their first defeat in some time against the old enemy, Dynamo Kiev. Pretty much all my teams lost on SM last night, I must be losing the plot!

Drogba got the side off to a flyer on the 5th minute but Kiev came from behind to win elsewhere.

Spartak cling to 1st place on goal difference after Loko and Shakhtar all win. CSKA also win to take the gap to two points between 1st and 4th place. Urgh!

Boca Juniors travelled last night in the league to fellow Argentine rivals Newell's Old Boys and scrape through with a 3-2 away win after coming twice from behind.

Angoua started only has second league match of the season and scored after 36mins to tie the score at 1-1. Immediately after the break Tabanou scored after 48mins to level the match once again at 2-2. And finally one minute from the end Veron scored his 9th league goal of the season to secure a hard-fought victory.

Next up is tomorrow's 2nd leg match in the SMFA Cup at home against Milan followed the next day by another away match at UNAM Pumas in the league.

Boca Juniors trail Milan 1-2 after the first leg and have lost all three previous games in this competition against the Italians and never reached the quarter-final in this competition. Bolatti remains injured and Tabanou is suspended. Both would have started the match. Fortunately, Wesley increased in rating to 88 this week and has thus become very useful.

In the league Boca Juniors remains in 3rd place with 56 points. However, following Sao Paulo's 0-3 home defeat by Internacional and Chivas' 3-1 home win against 4th placed Corinthians the gap to new leaders Chivas and Sao Paulo in 2nd is now only one point, the closest Boca Juniors has been to the top all season. On the other hand, Boca Juniors has now moved five points clear of Corinthians in 4th place.

Therefore, a win at UNAM Pumas on Saturday will also be crucial to maintain the pressure on the top two teams as the league is heading into the final stages of the season.

Lacklustre start to Messi's career in Russia after Spartak slip to their first defeat in some time against the old enemy' date=' Dynamo Kiev. Pretty much all my teams lost on SM last night, I must be losing the plot!

Drogba got the side off to a flyer on the 5th minute but Kiev came from behind to win elsewhere.

Spartak cling to 1st place on goal difference after Loko and Shakhtar all win. CSKA also win to take the gap to two points between 1st and 4th place. Urgh![/quote']

He's going to be your curse :P, and even if you lose out on the title I don't think it will be me to take it....:rolleyes:

Big bit of transfer news out of Kaiserslauten:

Rafael leaves the club in exchange arrives Younes Kaboul and Amin Bacinovic

Some may look at the sale of such a young player as a mistake, however personally i am delighted with the deal. Kaboul has started to make an impact at Spurs and bacinovic has been fantastic for Palermo this season, big rise in store and rumours linking him with many top clubs.

looking for a RM/W/CF decent rating 89+ and with prospects can offer Carrico in any deal

Some may look at the sale of such a young player as a mistake' date=' however personally i am delighted with the deal. Kaboul has started to make an impact at Spurs and bacinovic has been fantastic for Palermo this season, big rise in store and rumours linking him with many top clubs.

looking for a RM/W/CF decent rating 89+ and with prospects can offer Carrico in any deal[/quote']

PM me regarding my message I sent you and I may be able to make both of us happy.

Some may look at the sale of such a young player as a mistake' date=' however personally i am delighted with the deal. Kaboul has started to make an impact at Spurs and bacinovic has been fantastic for Palermo this season, big rise in store and rumours linking him with many top clubs.

looking for a RM/W/CF decent rating 89+ and with prospects can offer Carrico in any deal[/quote']

Fantastic deal!

So far, only Mastronunzio has arrived at Verona since taking over.