Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Gold Championship 1 News

Posted Images

Vasco da Gama have made another splash in the transfer market today, signing a Colombian international and two Brazil U20 internationals, as well as an Italy U21 international and a backup keeper for Rafael.

First signing was Columbia's Juan Valencia, who arrives from Medellin for 5 million Euro and is expected to jump right into the starting lineup. Valencia has been one of the standouts in South American competition this season.

Next up, 19 year old Willian Jose signed for 1 million from Gremio Prudente. The striker scored 6 goals in the Brasileirao this season and was named to the Brazil squad for the upcoming South American U20 championships, the qualifiers for the U20 World Cup. Vasco's manager is reportedly "shocked" to get him so cheap.

Then, the manager looked to Leyton Orient to snap up Willian Jose's teammate on that Brazil U20 squad, Rafael Galhardo. With rumours surrounding Leo Moura, Galhardo is in a good spot to see a lot of action next season for Flamengo. He comes in a swap for Manuel Gulde. Vasco needed a good young right back, this is the player.

Finally, Vasco snapped up Atletico Goianiense keeper Marcio to backup Rafael for 3 million Euro. With Atletico Goianiense confirmed as staying up in the Brasileiro next season, Marcio could eventually move into the starting keeper's spot. Vasco also announced the second part of the Carlos Eduardo deal, as 22 year old right-back Danilo D'Ambrosio has joined the club from Rennes. He is not available for tomorrow's match.

41220_1254675915.jpg

2. R. GALHARDO

20843_1262381951.jpg

6. VALENCIA

106903_pri_willian_jose.jpg

28. W. JOSÉ

43714_1285632659.jpg

30. MARCIO

44033_1270049998.jpg

31. D'AMBROSIO

--------------------------------

Vasco are expected to field four debutants against Palmeiras tomorrow. Carlos Eduardo is the big name, supported by Valencia, Willian Jose and Burdisso. Captain Caio is back in the squad, as Marcos Aurelio has been ruled out of this one. Naldo and Vander are out of the starting lineup and take a place on the bench.

Pal1.png

Pal2.png

picture.php?albumid=160&pictureid=2094

PANDEV COMPLETES RED STAR EXIT (AGAIN)

68528_10150133661344018_629794017_7818582_3825786_n.jpg155529_10150133661369018_629794017_7818583_7788678_n.jpg

Red Star offload Goran Pandev for the second time this season (cheers Mr Hammer) and secure a very nice deal for him. Pandev heads to Schalke whilst the South American duo of Rafinha and Pablo Zabaleta arrive in Belgrade.

Very happy with this deal as Pandev dropped to 91 today after the deal was accepted last night - and Zabaleta and Rafinha will both make the first team.

The only issue this gives me is a lack of strikers with Gignac now partnered by Louis Saha in the short term - I always have the option of bringing Chicharito back if needed but would like to sign another forward anyway.

So if you have a forward and would like to cash in for a bit of depth/youth, I can offer 88+s like Saha, Joao Periera, Mangane, Stankevicius along with a youngster - possibly even Coutinho or Moritz if the player is decent enough.

VfL Wolfsburg lose, deservedly, to Andy's Erzgebirge Aue. No complaints there, Andy's side deserved the 1-0 win. On another note;

The offer for Halil ALTINTOP of FC Schalke 04 from VfL Wolfsburg has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

Very happy, I'm a massive fan of Altintop and I'm signing him for a bargain - £4M + Cicinho. I've completed my midfield and my foward line now. Might bring in a proper CB soon, but I can hold tight.

picture.php?albumid=160&pictureid=2094

More good news from Red Star as we extend our winning run in the league to 14 games to got top of the league for the first time this season thanks to a 5-1 mauling of PAOK. Evans, Gignac and Pastore hit the net along with debut goals for Rafinha and Lovren.

Line-Up:

Ochoa, Lovren, Subotic, Evans, Veloso, Kallstrom, Felipe Melo, Pastore, Rafinha, Saha, Gignac

VfL Wolfsburg lose' date=' deservedly, to Andy's Erzgebirge Aue. No complaints there, Andy's side deserved the 1-0 win. On another note;[/font']

Very happy, I'm a massive fan of Altintop and I'm signing him for a bargain - £4M + Cicinho. I've completed my midfield and my foward line now. Might bring in a proper CB soon, but I can hold tight.

If only he can be as good as his brother :P

13 proved unlucky for TSG Hoffenhiem tonight as after 12 straight wins in all competitions I lost 2-1 away to FC Union Berlin.

Stifler, thanks for the mention in GCONE, when can we expect issue 3?!

Today is exactly 2 years since I took over TSG. When I arrived they were bottom of the German second division, with a squad worth around £17m and they had about £40m in the bank. Right now I'm 5th in the first division, 2 points behind second, in the semi finals of the SMFA Shield and my squad is worth more than £190m!!

I posted this about my progress a few months back:-

http://forum.soccermanager.com/showthread.php?p=963068#post963068

I think i'm beginning to build a bit of momentum in the transfer market this season, some of my best deals have been:-

- Swapping Mohamed Diame + £7m for Gasteldello (Centre Back, just risen to 89)

- Letting Mauro Boselli go for Leighton Baines, Aleksandr Pavlenko and £2m

- Picking up Oscar Wendt and Romain Danze for cash from unmanaged teams

Gretna continue their great season closing the gap on the top 4. Although this is the case, we hope to stay fifth, as European football would make the schedule for next season too congested.

After selling Ben Khalfallah and failing to secure any players in return for quite some time, Gretna finally bring in someone, being Yohan Mollo. The player was offered to all interested parties for 8m by the new Espanyol manager which was instantly spotted, however a few hours of deliberation occurred and the deal was eventually accepted. This followed a number of clubs becoming managed negating the other possible bids. The 21 year old is currently on loan at SM Caen from Monaco, and he may be useful for a Part Exchange. This now means no starting player is rated under 85.

This deal sees yet another Frenchman arrive at Raydale Park, following Sertic, Mendy, Chantome (loan) and Monterrubio in that order. With Tomas (25 87), Monterrubio (35, 86 [somehow kept!]) and Miller (30 87) all having scored 10 goals already (Miller in only 11 games!) Raydale Park looks like the place to go to in the SPL for a good game.

The only postion completely bare now is RB and with talent like Garra Dembele, Mendy, Gislason, Guarin, Koke and Sertic sitting on the bench, things are looking good.

Hey guys, I've made a few players unavailable because of some annoying people offering just cash. If you want to deal for one of them just pm me.

Also, if you offer worthless cash I'll negotiate a ridiculous offer as I already have like Gameiro + Ayew for Xavier... ;)

Liverpool and Leyton Orient's New Player List session has done my head in!

Lots of other teams occasionally do it as well' date=' and it is at its worst in GC1.

Wish people would only buy players they knew something about instead of buying 100 kids and hoping to get lucky.[/quote']

There needs to be a squad cap to stop indescriminate buying. My side has around 100 players which is way too much (was around the 140 mark when I took them), but some squads in this Gc are just beyond a joke in terms of size.

Squad sizes need addressing.

GC 1 is by far the best Gc and maintains an over 50% occupancy - I believe that if players were "shared" out a bit more realistically, you could easy add another 10-20% on that figure.

There needs to be a squad cap to stop indescriminate buying. My side has around 100 players which is way too much (was around the 140 mark when I took them)' date=' but some squads in this Gc are just beyond a joke in terms of size.

[u']Squad sizes need addressing.[/u]

GC 1 is by far the best Gc and maintains an over 50% occupancy - I believe that if players were "shared" out a bit more realistically, you could easy add another 10-20% on that figure.

You would have to have a word with Teb then ;):P

As much as i admire the squad he has built and the wonderful deals he manages to achieve (I think some people must get star-struck or summit looking at the deals he gets, honestly he gets so many on the cheap LOL :P) it cant be healthy for the gameworld, or in any to be honest, although unlike others he does provide a fantastic amount of loans.

Long said the best way to improve competitive ness is a squad cap, id go even further and say 70 should be the max. 30 senior/40 youth summit like that would improve competiitveness, make people think harder about what players they truely rate/value especially when purchasing youth squad players. i personally only buy "new players" i already know about through watching youth footy etc and really think could be special whats the point in laying out 10m on an average guy???

Anybody who says they cant work with a squad of 70 players need there head looking at

As much as i admire the squad he has built and the wonderful deals he manages to achieve (I think some people must get star-struck or summit looking at the deals he gets' date=' honestly he gets so many on the cheap LOL :P) it cant be healthy for the gameworld, or in any to be honest, although unlike others he does provide a fantastic amount of loans.

Long said the best way to improve competitive ness is a squad cap, id go even further and say 70 should be the max. 30 senior/40 youth summit like that would improve competiitveness, make people think harder about what players they truely rate/value especially when purchasing youth squad players.

Anybody who says they cant work with a squad of 70 players need there head looking at[/quote']

Agreed. As much as I admire Teb's team, they're so strong there aren't many deals he could do to improve them. :(

As much as i admire the squad he has built and the wonderful deals he manages to achieve (I think some people must get star-struck or summit looking at the deals he gets' date=' honestly he gets so many on the cheap LOL :P) it cant be healthy for the gameworld, or in any to be honest, although unlike others he does provide a fantastic amount of loans.

Long said the best way to improve competitive ness is a squad cap, id go even further and say 70 should be the max. 30 senior/40 youth summit like that would improve competiitveness, make people think harder about what players they truely rate/value especially when purchasing youth squad players. i personally only buy "new players" i already know about through watching youth footy etc and really think could be special whats the point in laying out 10m on an average guy???

Anybody who says they cant work with a squad of 70 players need there head looking at[/quote']

I don't know how he does it - I've never managed to strike a deal with him in my year or so in the GC as he's so stingy:). Come on Teb - if you really want him give a few of them 90+ players - you sure as hell don;t need 'em!:D

Im sure you have got more than 70 Phil....will have to sell me Wilshere/Song for CV to meet the new rules i've just made :P:p

Lol, I never thought of that!

I need to sell soon, but there are so many I don't know who to sell. :confused:

Every one I check seem to be getting game time...

I've always disagreed with capping squads but GC1 is changing my philosophy somewhat :o I think a major part of the problem is that to reduce a squad you have to either accept cash or offer deals of several players for 1. Teb's not really in a position to do either given how useless cash is in GCs (especially this one) and the stature of the squad he's built.

Yeah' date=' that was the plan.

No need to thank me ;)[/quote']

Lol, thanks Mark. You did a brilliant job!

Do you want to loan an 86 rated goalie for as long as you want to? If not, I'll sell them, I have loads of goalies (thanks to you). :)