Gold Championship 1 News

Re: Gold Championship 1 News

It's an interesting debate, with a squad cap coming into the prem SM should consider it, but that's not going to mean lots of top players will become available. Teb has 65 players in his first team squad right now, more than half of those have a rating of 86 or lower, so he could sell all of these and fall under any cap and still have a team of superstars.

Teb does right by many managers in GC1 (including me) he has 87 players out on loan at the moment, thats more than half of all his players, only 13 of them are 90+.

If changes are made I think a few things could be considered, maybe player concerns could be more agressive. Maybe players could refuse to sign if there are already several players of a higher rating in the same position, or if they were signed their concerns would increase quicker than normal unless players ahead of them in squad are sold.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Posted Images

Leyton Orient has come from the very bottom in just 1.5 years.

I have really worked for all my players as the best player i inherited when i took over was an 82 from some midtable team in Turkey. I got my talents from scouting and researching players and only lately i have started to buy expensive talent for big money. Without a big squad i couldn't have done this. Big squads are the only way to get a small club to the top in a league where many managers inherited their quality players.

In addition to that my squad changes all the time. I have sold hundreds of players this year and have made several big mistakes doing so. Buying from me means that there is a fair chance you will get a good talent, and not many players stay with me for long. From about a year ago less than 10 players are still with my team.

In the end my team has only about 6 players that are rated 87+ and that really isn't a lot. Of all the talents i have only a few will stay with me in the long term and most will be sold to other managers. I don't think at all that i am hoarding players.

And more, i can't really understand why other managers don't buy good talent. All it takes is a look at the new players list.

I think that i can challenge even Teb eventually and thats the best challenge in SM. I am happy his team is there.

It's an interesting debate' date=' with a squad cap coming into the prem SM should consider it, but that's not going to mean lots of top players will become available. Teb has 65 players in his first team squad right now, more than half of those have a rating of 86 or lower, so he could sell all of these and fall under any cap and still have a team of superstars.

[b']Teb does right by many managers in GC1[/b] (including me) he has 87 players out on loan at the moment, thats more than half of all his players, only 13 of them are 90+.

If changes are made I think a few things could be considered, maybe player concerns could be more agressive. Maybe players could refuse to sign if there are already several players of a higher rating in the same position, or if they were signed their concerns would increase quicker than normal unless players ahead of them in squad are sold.

No arguments there - but on the flip side, I would imagine that Teb HAS to loan out a load of his players or his wage bill would surely bankrupt him?

Just after reading the last discussion on player caps, and I have to say, I agree. My CSKA have a squad of 80+ players, and I think I've used 25 of them at best. In another GC I'm in, a Vasco da Gama have 255 players, which is ridicoulous. This is killing the GC for the smaller teams. I doesnt really effect me because I'm Madrid, but it's going to stop people joining it. I think a squad size of 80 would be perfect. You only really need 30 first team players, so the rest can be sold for profit so the small teams can still build.

Despite this, I love this gold championship because it lets me challenge the best team in the game (Tebs :P). If I didn't have that challenge here, I wouldnt be nearly as interested. And it's not as if he buys all the best players and doesnt loan them out, he has half his side out on loan :P A lot of them players loaned out are top quality too, like Yaya Toure he's given me, even though my CSKA could be considered a rival in Russia.

As anyone who frequented the "Squad Sizes" thread will know, I completely agree that squad sizes are generally getting out of hand and needs to be addressed. They will also know that I think the idea of a squad cap is about the worst way of doing so! I could go on all day about why but have talked myself to death on it in the past.

What annoys me is that SM neglected the Player Concerns feature a bit recently, as this has made many people lose faith in what is (I think) an important feature. I think this has now been recognised though and that we can expect to see player concerns developing more rapidly. I welcome this. I think the feature is a big plus for SM, and hope SM keep adding things like this to the game.

My side in GC1 troubles me these days to be honest, as I think I have bleated on about in the past. I don't see where I am going with it these days, whereas I used to take a certain pride in pushing it on. Now I feel like anything I do to improve the side just looks like greed.

Truth be told, it's less about greed and more about boredom. I would happily spend hours plotting tactics rather than signings, but the match engine is so limited and neglected that this would be a total waste of time. So, I continue to pursue players that will improve the squad... and continue to look like some moron trying to consume the whole gameworld.

GC1 is home to many of the best managers in SM so I feel I would be insulting people if I was to believe squads like mine prevent others from succeeding. There are so many players on the database, and so many risers/droppers, that there is constant opportunity for anyone if they want to persevere. Its not all about players either, of course, although for me it probably is.

I think the super-inflation and "player trade only" mentality of GC1 is, perhaps, the best and worst thing about GC1.

Teb's team will never be forgotten, it's not like if the squad cap came in that every memory will be wiped lol.

I've managed a CSKA team where I could buy any unmanaged player that arose purely because I would make money each week, and without the financial constraints, it is hard to know when to stop.

I too think that player concerns are the way forward, but they've got to be much more strict!

P.S. If you want money to compete for new players, why don't you sell some of your players for cash?! There are always buyers! and if you think you can't get players for cash purchases, look at my Gretna team. Okay no 90+ (or 88+), but I haven't spent over 9mill on one player and I have only had them a number of months.

P.P.S Just beaten Celtic, beaten both Old Firm teams this season now, only 1 season in!

CSKA beat Lokomotiv to stay in touch with the league leaders. Goals from Pizarro and Dudka gave the home side a 2-0 victory to complete the double over them.

I still think I've got an outside chance, but need to start beating the so-called lesser teams, and not to get beat once I take on Spartak and Shaktar :o

PS: All my first team got a rating of 8 tonight :P

After 225 games at Palermo I'm seriously debating jacking them in and starting all over again in Russia' date=' most likely at Krylia Sovetov.

Italy is dead of forum activity now and I'm getting bored of it to be fair. Quite fancy starting again.

Only thing is I can't seem to let go of my youth team :o[/quote']

Don't quit! I'll be much better next season, and you've got Adam at Milan.

Just left Verona for Villarreal (sorry Stuart). Everyone except Tino Costa is available including Rolfes, Van Der Wiel etc. However, you'll have to overpay considerably (:P) for Van Der Wiel, so Teb, if you're reading this, feel free to offer me a few of your loanees. Pato, Tevez etc are all welcome ;) Only joking. He's unlikely to go unless I recieve an offer I can't turn down, but I will listen to offers anyway. Tino Costa is the only player unavailable, so get bidding!

It was a high scoring round:

Milan 0 - 5 SPARTAK MOSKVA

Fiorentina 4 - 0 Newcastle United

Barcelona 5 - 0 Lyon

KRC Genk 4 - 0 Lazio

Always a pleasure to thump Adam, but he fielded a weaker side than expected... (?). New signing Iniesta picked up MOTM, but on the downside Terry is out for three weeks.

KRC Genk are looking like they might be a surprise package, they are enjoying some great form and soundly beat Lazio who have an experienced manager and decent team.

Must admit though I would prefer to entertain them than your Barcelona, Kevin. I am hoping their manager can perform miracles once he returns from holiday!

(Oh, Simao can leave if anyone can provide a decent winger in his place. Have a few oldies who can go too... Seedorf, Del Piero, Makelele... all surpus to requirements and still capable of packing a punch)

Results ridiculously late as per.

GC 1 as the oldest and best GC should get the results first; but SM have their priorities wrong as usual no thought of any loyalty to players that have been supporting the game for years!!!!!

Glad to see that SM have improved this aspect of the game!!!

I have recently become the new notts county manager, i did manage accrington stanley for 17 games and had a good run going there averaging about 2.24 points per game. but the finances were so restrictive it was doing my head in, so i've switched to a bigger club in the same division.

I have sacrificed the chance of promotion this year now, but i've been on a shopping spree to give a good chance in the next campaign.

If anyone knows the Levante manager can they give him a nudge for me, i bid on one of his transfer listed players a few days ago now and not yet had a reply.

Gretna see off top of the table Dunfermline Athletic 3-1, to leap frog above Celtic into European places (4th). This leaves me 6 points off top, do i go for it or not?! 8 matches to go, would be an amazing story but to do it in 1 season would be a bit unrealistic! Not much incentive for league, although obvious draw of european football.

Apologis for the cross-post but couldn't resist with this one:

GC 1: MIDDLESBROUGH

Boro go joint top of division 1 with Arsenal with just 8 games to go following a 9-0 win over Watford. Schwarzer got man-of-the-match following his clean sheet, 10 out of 10 performance, hat-trick, and his one assist. :P

Apologis for the cross-post but couldn't resist with this one:

GC 1: MIDDLESBROUGH

Boro go joint top of division 1 with Arsenal with just 8 games to go following a 9-0 win over Watford. Schwarzer got man-of-the-match following his clean sheet' date=' 10 out of 10 performance, hat-trick, and his one assist. :P[/quote']

Was assuming they were all penos but all free-kicks! Very impressive :D

picture.php?albumid=160&pictureid=2094

Eight games to go and it's squeaky bum time for Red Star as we lead the way by four points from Porto as we look to win our first league title.

A 4-2 over Benfica last night gives me confidence that we in form at the right time - goals from Gignac (x2) and Colunga (x2).

I have Saha (89), Joao Periera (88), Abdou Mangane (88) and Marius Stankevicius (88) that I am looking to exchange on a 2 or 3 for 1 basis for a 90+...... ideally a CF

Boca Juniors had another mixed set of results in recent days. It all started off with a trip to league leaders Sao Paulo on Dec. 8 and a run of 10 unbeaten league games came to an end. A goal by De Jong in the 86th minute was enough for Sao Paulo to secure the win and cement the lead in the league. An injury for RM Ledesma only added to the disappointment for Boca Juniors.

Next home was a home game in the league against Velez Sarsfield on Dec. 11. And Boca Juniors failed to score in the 2nd game in a row as it all ended with yet another disappointing result - a 0-0 draw.

On Dec. 15 Boca Juniors travelled to play at America de Cali, a team which Boca Juniors had struggled to beat in the past. Another defeat and the title surely would have been gone. However, Veron scored his 10th goal of the season to give Boca Juniors the lead after only 3mins. The home team tied the match after 12mins but substitute Leto secured the 2-1 winner after 69mins. However, injuries to Cassetti, Bolatti and again Ledesma were picked up in this battle to stay in the title hunt and may cause problems in the weeks to come.

On Dec. 18 Boca Juniors hosted Pachuca in the league and won 2-0. Once again Veron (with his 11th goal of the season) after 13mins and Palacio (with his 10th goal) after 39mins secured the win. As a result, Boca Juniors are now on 66 points with seven league games to play. Defending champions Chivas are a point ahead in 2nd while Sao Paulo remain in 1st and 4 points ahead on 70 points.

Next up are the 2nd round match in the Latin American Cup at home against San Lorenzo before on Dec. 22 Boca Juniors will travel to play at Argentine rival River Plate, currently in 6th place.

CSKA put 5 past Krylia Sovetov to remain in 4th, a point behind second. Goals from Dudka, Toure(x2), Riera and Bonet seen CSKA through. Unfortunatly Alejandro Gomez picked up an innury and will miss the remainder of the season :(

Spartak now have daylight between themselves and the rest, who now cant slip up again. Looks like Spartak will make it 10 in a row :o

The Napoli first team finally win, beating Chievo 3-1 thanks to Keirrison, Gabric and Briand. The second team is sound, and I think I've got the tactics right with the first team now.

Song is still available... :P