Gold Championship 1 News

Re: Gold Championship 1 News

Unmanaged Zenit score all of their shots on target to end Shakhtar's title run...:mad:' date=' will probably end up giving away the last SMFA Cup place too :rolleyes:[/quote']

You are such a pessimist! :)

Pleased to finally have some breathing room at the top of the league but am not counting my chickens yet as there are some tough games ahead and I have the large distraction of the SMFA cup.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Posted Images

Nice boost for the GD as Arsenal win 7-0 at Watford. 31 games played, 55 points but somehow still top :D

Just got Ujfalusi back although he got himself injured again yesterday. :rolleyes: So that's him, Keita, Bastos, Barzagli and Ferreira all missing from the first team with injuries, as well as Lennon and Renato from suspension. At least my reserves won't get concerns :o

Nice boost for the GD as Arsenal win 7-0 at Watford. 31 games played' date=' 55 points but somehow still top :D

Just got Ujfalusi back although he got himself injured again yesterday. :rolleyes: So that's him, Keita, Bastos, Barzagli and Ferreira all missing from the first team with injuries, as well as Lennon and Renato from suspension. At least my reserves won't get concerns :o[/quote']

Can loan some defenders from Shakhtar if you'd like, since I'm out of all competitions :D

Recently just joined as Feyenoord, thought I'd join seeing as it's the first GC and this thread seems to be very active. We have quite a large amount of money however not much player wise to work with. Going to be a tough task to push higher up in the league as there are some very good teams competing particularly Genk and Ajax. Bought in a couple of higher rated players to replace the dross that was at the club before I joined. If anyone has any 86+ players for cash just let me know.

picture.php?albumid=160&pictureid=2094

THE DEADLY DUO

6519_1281986648.jpg30026_1237977984.jpg

After returning from a fruitless loan spell at Mallorca, Adrian Colunga has found himself thrust into 1st team action in the past couple of games and has seized the opportunity, hitting 5 goals in 2 games. Strike partner Andre-Pierre Gignac has also benefited from Colunga's return to the fold - hitting 4 goals in the past 2 games alongside his Spanish colleague.

The recent rich vein of form leaves Red Star 4 points clear of nearest rivals Porto with 7 games to go .... and a head-to-head with the Portuguese looming on Wednesday.

Needless to say - Colunga and Gignac will be starting up front.

The German league is going to have another interesting finish this season, Eintracht Frankfurt have opened up a seven point gap between them and second placed Borussia Dortmund, but only six points seperated second and sixth.

Eintracht Frankfurt have to play 3 of the top 6 and another 2 from the top 10 so that gap could get much smaller before the end of the season.

Ray Pauley's FC Kaiserslautern are currently 12th, but the form team in the division, they might just be able to sneak into 7th and claim the last SMFA Shield place, but there aren't enough games left for them to do any better.

Tomasz Zieliński's FC Koln and Mike Roberts' Stuttgart currently occupy the automatic promotion places in division 2.

If anyone is looking to join the fun in Germany Karlsruher SC are currently unmanaged, they have a squad worth around £90m when you deduct the value of loanee's, and just under £92m in the bank. They currently sit 15th, 5 points clear of relegation with 7 games to go.

Boca Juniors advanced tonight to the quarter-final of the Latin American Cup following a 2-1 home win in the derby against San Lorenzo. In front of 57,392 fanatic supporters to visiting team took the lead after 22mins but a goal by Wesley only five minutes later levelled the game 1-1 at halftime.

Only three minutes into the second half Man-of-the-match Tabanou scored what proved to be the winner for Boca Juniors. Unfortunately, Wesley picked up an injury which will leave him sidelined until early February.

Some key players incl. Veron, Cata Diaz and Datolo were rested against San Lorenzo as next up is El Superclasico on Wednesday night - the away derby at 6th placed River Plate which Boca Juniors will need to win in order to retain a chance for the league title.

Kaiserslauten have really found some form lately with six wins and a draw in last seven league games. Latest win at sop Dortmund probably ending there title hopes(soz :o) return of long term injured kroos making a massive difference to the side, after a couple of deals really pleased with how the squad looks and happy to be giving some squad players an extended run in the team, they are giving me food for thought!

Up to season high 10th although table is very tight below me, all free games for me really as European qualification already secured via cup.

Eintracht Frankfurt looking good for German Title

What teams are available in Germany thinking of getting a GM just to join?

In div 1 its Wolfsburg, Karlsruhe and Koblenz. Wolfsburg has a fairly good squad but not much money.

The best available team in GC 1 is probably Udinese. Italy is fairly active and Udinese has good players and lots of money.

Kaiserslauten have really found some form lately with six wins and a draw in last seven league games. Latest win at sop Dortmund probably ending there title hopes(soz :o) return of long term injured kroos making a massive difference to the side' date=' after a couple of deals really pleased with how the squad looks and happy to be giving some squad players an extended run in the team, they are giving me food for thought!

Up to season high 10th although table is very tight below me, all free games for me really as European qualification already secured via cup.

Eintracht Frankfurt looking good for German Title[/quote']

Good to see Kaiserslautern going toe-to-toe with Erzgebirge Aue, who have won four and drawn four of their last eight games. Seventh place is not yet out of reach. ;)

What teams are available in Germany thinking of getting a GM just to join?

Karlsruher are your best bet in the German first division, currently lying five points clear of the drop zone with six games to play.

EDIT: Or Wolfsburg, who have a much better squad actually.

Last night Boca Juniors travelled to local rivals Rivaer Plate for "El Superclasico" - the derby that The Observer declared as the Nr. 1 sporting things to do before you die (http://observer.guardian.co.uk/osm/story/0,6903,1182710,00.html).

And Boca Juniors had to win in order to maintain their challenge for the title in Latin America. Missing three regular starters (Cassetti, Wesley and Bolatti) the task was never going to be easy. However, the visitors got off to a good start as their inspirational captain Veron scored yet again after only 4mins. This was already his 12th league goal of the season - the first time ever in his career he scored in double figures in a season as he clearly seems to be rejuvenated being back in his native Argentina.

The lead did not last long though as the hosts tied the match at 1-1 after only 8mins. Next up was some brilliance from Man-of-the-Match Roque Santa Cruz who scored twice after 19mins and 27mins to give Boca Juniors a 3-1 lead at halftime. These were league goals 16 and 17 for Santa Cruz moving him to joint first in the goalscorer charts in Latin America. Also in his first season back in Latin America he has as well exceeded by far his previous best of ten goals in a season.

Battaglia made it 4-1 for Boca Juniors after 60 mins before Ortega scored for the hosts after 63mins leading to a final score of 4-2 in favour of Boca Juniors.

As a result, Boca Juniors moved up the table from 3rd to 2nd. Defending champions Chivas dropped to 3rd following a 1-1 draw at home v Santos while league leaders Sao Paulo were also held to a 0-0 draw at home by a resurging Vasco da Gama. Therefore, with six leagues games left Sao Paulo is now on 71 points (goal difference +34) ahead of Boca Juniors on 69 points (GD +40) and Chivas on 68 points (GD +42). Corinthians moved back in 4th place with 61 points.

Next up for Boca Juniors is yet another crucial match at home against Internacional. The Brazilians are currently in 5th place and have one of the strongest squads in Latin America. So with the three key players still injured this will be another test of character for the Boca Juniors squad.

In transfer news Boca Juniors regret to announce that RB/RM Gabriele Perico 26 y.o./84 rating has just accepted to move back to Europe to join Hannover 96 for 10m cash. Perico had joined in the summer for 1.9m and with the recent ratings increase by 20 y.o. RB Sebastian Jung to 85 and 20 y.o. RM Affranchino joining the club management felt they were in a position to let him go.

In an attempt to try and get 100% for the rest of the season, Gretna have signed one of the greatest players in this Gold Championship. This is neither for his rating nor his age, however Sebastian Abreu is one of the most prolific goalscorers GC1 has ever seen.

Signed by Aberdeen in season 2, he has scored 146 goals in 287 appearances, achieving over 15 goals a season in 6 of the 9 seasons he played. Add to this 130 assists, 61 MoMs and an AvP of 7.84 (:o :O :o), he is a veteran of the Scottish league. He left Aberdeen earlier in the season (when they became unmanaged) and I always had my sights on him. I was planning on selling a player today to fund him, however Trabzonspor put in a bid on Tuesday which meant I had to use P/E instead of cash, however I feel this guy is worth it. IRL he scored 11 goals this season for Botafogo so I don't see his rating dropping anytime soon. He is also Uruguayan, which is one of my favourite footballing nationalities.

He will partner Kenny Miller, and play along side another 4 players who have got 10 goals each this season, making Gretna the team to beat in the SPL.

Last night Boca Juniors hosted Internacional in a league match. Having moved into 2nd place it was almost expected that Boca Juniors would come away with a poor result - and the match started as bad as it possibly could. At halftime Internacional had a comfortable 2-0 lead in Buenos Aires following goals by Agbonlahor (after 33mins) and Vangioni (after 43mins).

The 57,358 supporters at La Bombonera stadium were about to go home early when substitute Roque Santa Cruz scored his 18th league goal of the season after 74mins to give the home fans some much needed hope. And with only one minute left on the clock Sebastian Leto, another substitute, scored his 5th league goal of the season to rescue a 2-2 draw for Boca Juniors.

As a result, Boca Juniors dropped back to 3rd place as Chivas won 3-1 away at Palmeiras. However, previous leaders Sao Paulo suffered a surprising 1-0 defeat at Flamengo. Therefore, with only five games left Chivas has moved back into 1st place with 71 points (and a goal difference of +44) and ahead of Sao Paulo (also 71 points and GD +33) with Boca Juniors in 3rd place on 70 points (and a GD of +40).

Next up for Boca Juniors is a league game away at Toluca (currently in 17th place) - a game that needs to be won in order to remain in the title race.

The title is starting to look out of reach with only 4 games to go and 6 points to make up, Gretna don't see Rangers (or Dunfermline) slipping up. A 3rd place finish isn't so bad for Season 2!

2-0 against Cali, goals from debutant Abreu and on-loan defender Maroh sealed the win. (thought i'd lost as i saw these two unfamiliar names, need to get used to the new squad!) Monterrubio and Tomas with the assists, had interest in both players but resistant to letting them go, after all it's their performance on SM that counts, and if I sell I will end up plumping all the money on one player rather than improving the squad! Very tempting though, especially with some of the available names!

Abreu with his first MoM, goal and 9 rating, starting as he left off! Fingers crossed he will take this into next season! A young Hungarian and Bulgarian join the youth team, both impressing at smaller clubs and moved on/moving on to pastures new.

6th place! My TSG Hoffenhiem are in 5th!

I beat Wolfsberg 2 -0 putting me on the same points as Borussia Dortmund in 4th' date=' we're 2 points behind Hertha BSC in 3rd.[/quote']

Shame you had to face the mighty Erzgebirge Aue this evening. ;) Ten games unbeaten now with a trip to 4th-placed Hertha BSC up next. A big match against Ray's Kaiserslautern on the penultimate round of the season could prove pivotal to both side's SMFA Shield aspirations.