Gold Championship 1 News

Re: Gold Championship 1 News

Boca Juniors ended the year 2010 with a 3-0 away win at Toluca on Dec. 29. Battaglia opened the scoring after 20mins and Roque Santa Cruz scored yet again from a penalty to make it 2-0 after 25mins.

Santa Cruz also received Man-of-the-Match for the 8th time this season and his 19 league goals are currently the best in Latin America - and all of this from a player who received only a total of 18 Man-of-the-Match awards in all ten previous seasons and never scored more than 10 league goals in a season prior to moving to Buenos Aires.

Substitute Palacio sealed the 3-0 win with his 11th league goal after 80mins.

The title race remains very close with both Chivas (3-0 away at Independiente) and Sao Paulo (3-1 at home vs Cruz Azul) also winning. As a result, Chivas remain in 1st place with 74 points (GD +47), Sao Paulo in 2nd are also on 74 points (GD +35) and Boca Juniors remain 3rd with 73 points (GD +43).

In the new year there are only four league games left. Boca Juniors will kick off 2011 by hosting Independiente (currently 9th) on Jan. 1. Meanwhile Sao Paulo will travel down to the coast to play at Santos (currently 10th) while Chivas will host Newell's Old Boys (who just today lost their manager and are in 11th place).

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Posted Images

Shame you had to face the mighty Erzgebirge Aue this evening. ;) Ten games unbeaten now with a trip to 4th-placed Hertha BSC up next. A big match against Ray's Kaiserslautern on the penultimate round of the season could prove pivotal to both side's SMFA Shield aspirations.

not really I have already qualified :)

It feels like the tightest season in a long time in the Russian/Ukraine league. Looking back Season 9 (season before last) was pretty similar with the table finishing:

1. Spartak Moskva - 95

2. Shakhtar - 85

3. Dynamo Moskva - 79

4. Torpedo Moskva - 75

I think that was your highest points total for a season .... seems looks like you could top it.

The top four all play each other in the next round.

CSKA v Spartak

Loko v Shakhtar

:eek:

I think this will be the round that decides the title.

picture.php?albumid=160&pictureid=2170

167679_10150148836524018_629794017_8088100_827163_n.jpg

Congratulations buddy. Hope to play you next season sometime.

It feels like the tightest season in a long time in the Russian/Ukraine league. Looking back Season 9 was pretty close too (season before last) with the table finishing:

1. Spartak Moskva - 95

2. Shakhtar - 85

3. Dynamo Moskva - 79

4. Torpedo Moskva - 75

I think that was your highest points total for a season .... seems looks like you could top it.

CSKA v Spartak

Loko v Shakhtar

So much competition over there!

Spain has much less. Would love a harder challenge next year. My reserves have won like 6 games in a row. First team being saved for Spanish and European Cups!

It feels like the tightest season in a long time in the Russian/Ukraine league. Looking back Season 9 (season before last) was pretty similar with the table finishing:

1. Spartak Moskva - 95

2. Shakhtar - 85

3. Dynamo Moskva - 79

4. Torpedo Moskva - 75

CSKA v Spartak

Loko v Shakhtar

I've still got both you and Shaktar to play :(

Hopefully you win the SMFA Cup ad I finish 3rd so I can sneek into it next season:p

Norwich City News

1 win away from securing a play-off place are the Canaries, and whether we get promoted or not, I think we are a few players short.

As well as this 'Chicharito' will not be at Carrow Road next season, and with a fair size war chest, I was wondering if anyone had any players going (84-88) for cash deals? Would be very much appreciated.

Thanks.

Barcelona reach the semi-finals of the Spanish Cup by beating Zaragoza with Benzema's goal sandwiched between two Eto'o strikes. We now play Villarreal in the semis in what is sure to be a closely contested match. Hectic run in to the season now but with no important league games left the Reserves may even get a rest, aswell as the first team obviously.

Xavi, Puyol and Ronaldinho are available for P/E.

Does anyone else suffer from really poor attendances?

I have a 55' date='000 seater stadium but have an average attendance of just 13,926 - even though I am fighting for the title and against larger teams (max's out at 16k ish for a big game)??[/font']

Yes me, 40,000 under full capacity. This is probably because of league position and I haven't started winning yet.

GC 1 just reached 200 managers. I think during this season we were down as low as 180. But with so many managers the transfer market is getting painfully difficult. I still hope that a good number of these new people will stay. Trust me, the market isn't any easier for us old guys either.

...Perenial challangers Arsenal and Man Utd look the most likely but Middlesbrough and Spurs could still have a say.

Middlesbrough definitely could still have a say after today's results! :)

Manchester United 0 - 1 Colchester United

Arsenal 0 - 2 Blackburn Rovers

MIDDLESBROUGH 4 - 1 Tottenham Hotspur

Couldn't have been any better. Come on Boro! :D

Remaining games:

Turn 37: Blackburn vs. Man Utd, Chelsea vs. Boro, Tottenham vs. Arsenal, Newcastle vs. Villa

Turn 38: Man Utd vs. Tottenham, Arsenal Chelsea, Boro vs. Birmingham, Ipswich vs. Newcastle

Beat Loko with a Nuri Sahin double proving crucial in a 2-1 win, CSKA are still only a point behind after they beat Spartak (thanks teb :P:o), so the last SMFA Cup place will probably come down to the last game of the season...Shakhtar vs CSKA at the Luzhniki, unless CSKA don't win and we do in the next game.

All my players available to CSKA on loan for that game then :)

Threw away a 2-0 lead to lose 4-2 to CSKA this evening, they are in the in form team but I am a bit disappointed as I put out my first XI but made some silly tactical errors.

Makes for a nice tight finish which I could do without, with the SMFA cup to worry about too.

All my players available to CSKA on loan for that game then :)

Threw away a 2-0 lead to lose 4-2 to CSKA this evening' date=' they are in the in form team but I am a bit disappointed as I put out my first XI but made some silly tactical errors.

Makes for a nice tight finish which I could do without, with the SMFA cup to worry about too.[/quote']

Two pronged attack on the League and the SMFA Cup.....

Must be awful...dunno how you cope :P:p

Boca Juniors continue to drive their fans to despair with yet another set of mixed results.

The team started the new year at home playing Independiente and managed to lose 0-1. With CB Cata Diaz picking up a five-week injury the title looked all out of reach and Chivas almost certain to retain the title following a 7-2 demolition of Newell's Old Boys as Sao Paulo also lost (2-3 at Santos). The result moved Chivas four points clear of Boca Juniors in 3rd place and three points clear of Sao Paulo in 2nd (but with a much superior goal difference) with only three league games to play for.

On Jan. 3 Boca Juniors travelled to 4th placed Corinthians for the quarter-final in the Latin American Cup. Key players such as Veron and Bolatti were rested. Yet the team managed a convincing 3-0 away win following goals by Santa Cruz (after 5mins), Carmona (87mins) and Enoh (88mins). However, Santa Cruz picked up his 5th yellow card and Battaglia picked up a minor injury which meant both had to miss the next match. The reward for the win was a semi-final match at home against league leaders Chivas - great.

This evening Boca Juniors hosted Corinthians for yet another match - this time for the league. And this time Boca Juniors achieved an emphatic 5-1 win thanks to three goals from Veron (now 15 league goals for the season), Leto and Pandiani (his first goal since joining Boca Juniors). Bolatti picked up another injury which means he will be out for the rest of the season.

Meanwhile Sao Paulo drew 0-0 at home against Palmeiras (in 19th place) and Chivas were held to a 1-1 draw at UNAM Pumas. As a result, Boca Juniors moved up into 2nd place with 76 points (goal difference +46) one point clear of Sao Paulo (75 points and GD +34) and two points behind leaders Chivas (78 points and GD +52).

Boca Juniors travel next to play at Racing Club (currently in 7th place) while Chivas will host Sao Paulo. With only two games remaining it means that Sao Paulo will need to win to maintain the chance for the title - also Boca Juniors will need a win in order to keep any hopes alive for the final game of the season at home to San Lorenzo.