Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Gold Championship 1 News

Posted Images

Thank for complement re Spanish charity shield Kev, seem to be able to beat Barcelona o.k. with my meagre squad. Have improved it a little during closed season.

Last season I managed one point more but still finished one place lower in the league, did manage a cup win which I am pleased about. 5th place though means I miss out on the real big money matches but still have the hassle of stamina issues.

Good luck to all the Spanish managers this season ,except when you play me of course!

picture.php?albumid=160&pictureid=2250

Well, season 12 kicks off proper on Saturday and it will be a very familiar looking Red Star side that carries the fight this season. No deals to speak of in pre-season, but the return of Chicharito from his productive loan spell at Norwich gives more depth and quality in the striking department.

In my inaugural Champions Cup campaign, we have been drawn in Group F along with Phil's Genk, Sevilla and Chivas.

Anyone who is looking for loans around the 84-86 mark need only ask. At the minute, only young Spaniard Jose Angel has a loan club.

166384_10150166077564018_629794017_8369102_5661121_n.jpg

Shakhtar teach CSKA a lesson, a RVP hattrick and single strike by Modric helping them to a 4-1 win over one of their closest rivals!

Hope to push teb even further this season, although he's already taken an advantage in Goal Difference :rolleyes:, and hopefully get a bit further in the SMFA Cup or even win either the cup/shield!

WTH is with him scoring for you? :P
Beats me' date=' though I think it speaks volumes about the complexity of the match engine!

EDIT: That's already half of his entire tally last season. He's going for double figures this time around. :P[/quote']

He is your Free-kick and Penalty taker... :P

Seems like deadline day has somewhat conspired against my deals:

1) Signed Anelka, who promptly drops to third choice striker for Chelsea in real life.

2) Sold Torres, who makes the step up to Chelsea and will probably score a heap of goals for them!

:D:D

On the plus side I felt that I got a good price for Anelka (£2.5M + Mounir EL HAMDAOUI & Eyong ENOH) and was pleased to finally prize David Villa out of Arsenal even it did mean relinquishing Torres!

Deals for Gervinho, Orekhov, and Toulalan have all passed me by despite being pretty close on the first two, but on the plus side I have managed to sign Maikon and Zonjic.

Wantaway Nelson Benitez finally leaves the club for a cheap (for GC1) £7m and Muriqui also looks likely to follow him out the door in the not too distant future.

Am hoping to find a good winger as want a younger replacement of a similar calibre to Simao. Not many out there though but if anyone has someone who fits the bill, please let me know! I would also like to try and sign a 95+ CB and a high rated young AM but I don't fancy my chances here either :)

Fernando and Ireland are available, possibly Gerson Magrao also, along with Brandao, Feghouli, Makelele, and quite a few others.

The first two games of the season could not have been more different for me, opening day of the season saw me hit the top of the league on goal difference after drubbing Illichevets 8-1 with the reserves, but the following SMFA Cup game was a tight affair that ended 0-0 away to Lazio. Not the worst result really, I guess, but a little disappointed having thrown a full strength first team at him and having the lion share of chances.

Next on the agenda is Zenit, who are under the control of my rival in the Best Managers List .... Lars Nielson. I am delighted to see him take control of a club in this league and am now even less certain of retaining my title than I was last season! :eek:

New Barnsley/Portsmouth managers.... if I can help with any loans drop me a line in the game.

Didn't realise it was English shield last night now all my starting 11 are all going to be badly fatigued for wednesdays important league clash with peterborough, i really need to pay more attention to the schedule.

Anyway i'm happy with the 4-1 win over cheltenham and progress to next round.

Seems like deadline day has somewhat conspired against my deals:

1) Signed Anelka' date=' who promptly drops to third choice striker for Chelsea in real life.

2) Sold Torres, who makes the step up to Chelsea and will probably score a heap of goals for them!

:D:D

On the plus side I felt that I got a good price for Anelka (£2.5M + Mounir EL HAMDAOUI & Eyong ENOH) and was pleased to finally prize David Villa out of Arsenal even it did mean relinquishing Torres!

Deals for Gervinho, Orekhov, and Toulalan have all passed me by despite being pretty close on the first two, but on the plus side I have managed to sign Maikon and Zonjic.

Wantaway Nelson Benitez finally leaves the club for a cheap (for GC1) £7m and Muriqui also looks likely to follow him out the door in the not too distant future.

Am hoping to find a good winger as want a younger replacement of a similar calibre to Simao. Not many out there though but if anyone has someone who fits the bill, please let me know! I would also like to try and sign a 95+ CB and a high rated young AM but I don't fancy my chances here either :)

Fernando and Ireland are available, possibly Gerson Magrao also, along with Brandao, Feghouli, Makelele, and quite a few others.

The first two games of the season could not have been more different for me, opening day of the season saw me hit the top of the league on goal difference after drubbing Illichevets 8-1 with the reserves, but the following SMFA Cup game was a tight affair that ended 0-0 away to Lazio. Not the worst result really, I guess, but a little disappointed having thrown a full strength first team at him and having the lion share of chances.

Next on the agenda is Zenit, who are under the control of my rival in the Best Managers List .... [b']Lars Nielson[/b]. I am delighted to see him take control of a club in this league and am now even less certain of retaining my title than I was last season! :eek:

New Barnsley/Portsmouth managers.... if I can help with any loans drop me a line in the game.

Valencia, Silva and Van Der Vaart could be pushed out if the deal is right...

Boca Juniors start into Season 12 in a fairly mediocre way. On Jan. 25 the team travelled to Maracana stadium in Rio de Janeiro to contest Chivas for the Latin American Charity Shield. Unfortunately, the defending league champions Chivas prevailed with a 3-1 win as a goal by Leto after 66mins reduced the score to 1-2 but a goal by Vucinic after 82mins sealed the victory for Chivas.

On Jan. 29 Boca Juniors had their first league game of the campaign - away once again at Chivas. Unfortunately, a very similar outcome as Chivas won 2-0. LB Monzon joined Cata Diaz and Wesley on the injury list ahead of the first SMFA Cup match.

Then on Jan. 31 Boca Juniors hosted Viborg FF for their first match in the SMFA Cup in a tough group that also includes Spartak Moscow (which is a repeat from last season) as well as Lazio. So this was a match Boca Juniors had to win in order to keep the hope alive to qualify from the group stage.

In addition to the three injuries other key players such as Veron, Palacio and Bolatti were either coming off the bench or were rested altogether. The gamble paid off as Boca Juniors finally won the first match of the new season 4-0 following goals from Datolo (26 mins), Santa Cruz (39 mins) and Carmona (after 36 and 69 mins). This puts Boca Juniors on top of the group as Lazio and Spartak drew 0-0. The next SMFA Cup group match at Spartak looks a bit tougher and a 4-0 win is unlikely to be repeated :)

Next up in the league is a home match tonight vs Velez Sarsfield.

picture.php?albumid=160&pictureid=2250

STAR DUO COMMIT FUTURE TO RED STAR

20685_1281552966.jpg36203_1285261656.jpg

Chicharito and Javier Pastore have both committed their long term futures to Red Star by penning new 5 year deals. There has been a number of enquiries about the availability of the two recently and we have moved quickly to state our intention that both remain a key part of the future success of the club.