Gold Championship 1 News

Re: Gold Championship 1 News

After 240+ game with Hamburg I have decided to leave and take over Dynamo Kyiv. It was a really, really tough decsion for me to make. I loved playing in Germany with such amazing managers. Dynamo have a great side and there players aren't as old as mine were at HSV. Also Teb and Kuldeep are in the league which also was a pull factor. Hopefully this proves to be a good move.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Posted Images

picture.php?albumid=160&pictureid=2250

Red Star are going well in the league, 4 wins from 4 is our best start that I can remember - we are perennial slow starters.

Looking to dabble a bit in the p/e market. The following players can be used in 2 for 1 deals to acquire higher rated players, so if you are looking for depth or like any of these players, get in touch.

90's

Veloso, Gignac, Kallstrom

14881_1288642792.jpg6519_1281986648.jpg4049_1285860859.jpg

89's

Ochoa, Evans, Saha

8733_1285710428.jpg16050_1275045676.jpg1138_1209755861.jpg

88's

Stankevicius, Joao Pereira

13506_1247686919.jpg3293_1286358671.jpg

87's

Colunga, Ayovi, Zanka Jorgensen, Obasi, Kobin

30026_1237977984.jpg13675_1226923324.jpg31506_1277742953.jpg

Nice to see the Red Star continuing to shine.

Anyone else been having trouble accessing GC1 lately? Couldn't set up my side last night which was a bit irritating as confuses my elaborate rotation plans.

Not the best of starts to life back at Leeds' date=' going out of the shield on Monday after losing 2-0 at home to Leicester and losing 2-1 at home to Ipswich tonight.

Thank god we are away next:D

Only had a 21 man squad so signed a few players and have got the squad upto 34 players.[/quote']

Good to see you back. I would offer some loans but I don't think I have many left that are up to much (up to about 86/87 rated if that's any use).

Lose to the usual 2 shots on target = 2 goals' date=' already 3 points and 15 goals behind Spartak after only 4 games.[/quote']

Made my day. :) Thought I might pay the price for not being able to log in. :)

Valencia' date=' Silva and Van Der Vaart could be pushed out if the deal is right... [/quote']

If I ever manage to stay logged in for a few minutes I will have a think; unless you have any bright ideas in which case drop me a line.

Anyone else looking to do so some deals? Anyone aside from kez got any nice wingers they could part with?

Amazing scenes in the streets of Buenos Aires around La Bombonera stadium - thousands of Boca Juniors fans flocked to the stadium to celebrate the 1-0 away win of their team at Spartak Moscow in the SMFA Cup.

After four games in the Latin American league Boca Juniors is still waiting for a win and currently languish in 17th place. So the win in the SMFA Cup was much needed to release some of the pressure on the team and seemed well-deserved after Boca Juniors dominated the match with 58% possession and 8 shots on target (vs 4 shots for Spartak).

The winning goal was scored by substitute Sebastian Leto after 65 mins - the same Leto who was deemed last summer as not good enough by the Spartak manager :)

As a result, Boca Juniors still lead Group B with six points ahead of Lazio Rom on four points and Spartak with one point.

Next up in the league is a home match against America de Cali tomorrow. In the SMFA Cup Boca Juniors will need to travel again to play at Lazio on Feb. 28.

Dyanmo Kyiv lost 2-1 at Dynamo Moskva on Wednesday. We were missing main man Lisandro Lopez through suspension however. Also we recruited Pablo Hernandez, Capdevilla and Baird on loan from Spartak Moskva, whom I had at Hamburg. The deal means I cant play the three against Teb but I hope Lisandro can somehow fire me to a point :o:P

Barcelona have started the season well and have only dropped 2 points from the first four league games. Sitting in second in the league behind a Valencia team with a LOAD of NMFs is good, they'll freefall soon enough.

Also won first two SMFA Cup games, 4-3 v Boro and 1-0 v Lyn Oslo.

SMFA Super Cup was also picked up in pre-season.

Boca Juniors last night finally recorded their first league win of the new season with a 1-0 at home against America de Cali. The winning goal was scored by Palacio after 43 mins with an assist by Leto (who unfortuntely picked up an injury and will be out for a week). The result moves Boca Juniors up to 11th place (from 17th) with five points after five games. However, an eight point gap to the last place for SMFA Cup qualification is a huge mountain to climb for the rest of the campaign.

The team showed courage despite being fatigued following the SMFA Cup away win at Spartak the previous night. The next match is already tomorrow in the Latin American Shield away - and again at America de Cali.

Boca Juniors are also delighted to announce that Argentinian U20 national GK Esteban Andrada has just joined the team for a fee of 310k. Not bad for Argentina's starting GK in the recent Sudamericano U20 tournament where he was part of the team that recorded the only win against champions Brazil. Given that his age on the database is wrong (he is currently registered with an age of 22 instead of 20) it seems no one else was interested in him.

I'm pretty happy with how well my Racing Santander have been doing so far.

They don't have the greatest squad but they finished runner-up last season and although it's early they've started well this season- including a draw at the Camp Nou - and are looking good to at least be in the challenging pack again this season. A decent start to the SMFA Cup campaign has also been a good sign.

Just taken over as manager of Aberdeen in the Scottish League.

First match was tonight, away to Dundee in the Cup. Left out most of my first teamers to save them for Wednesday's league game, and was delighted to see I'd still managed a convincing 5-0 win.

As far as transfers go, only two players have arrived so far. Young midfielder Jamie Ness arrives from free agency, and ex-Dundee Utd striker David Goodwillie is snapped up from Rennes. Moves to sign Alan Hutton and Barry Ferguson have both fallen through with neither the Marseille or Chelsea managers willing to budge.

Well on the way then...