Gold Championship 1 News

Re: Gold Championship 1 News

Last night Boca Juniors played at America de Cali in the first round of the Latin American Shield. The result was a 4-0 away win making it the third win in four days without conceding any goal.

The scoring started only in the 2nd half with Santa Cruz (after 52 mins) and Datalo (53 mins) being on target within a minute of each other. Additional goals by Bolatti (71 mins) and substitute Pandiani (88 mins) made it a comfortable win in the competition Boca Juniors won last season.

Next up in the 2nd round of the Latin American Shield is an away match at Corinthians next Monday. Next up in the league tomorrow is another away match - you guessed it, also at Corinthians.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Posted Images

picture.php?albumid=160&pictureid=2250

Red Star's 100% start to the league season continues - 5 wins from 5 keeping us top of the division level with Sporting CP.

38681_1283709608.jpg35493_1226574859.jpg

In other news, I decided to let a couple of players leave for cash. Yohan Benalouane (£10m) and Javier Matilla (£11m) both join River Plate. Neither were ever going to get near my first team so happy to 'help out' the new guy at River with some cash deals.

Would ideally like to trim the squad down further (have 94 players at the moment) - so if you have a top player/prospect that you would like 2/3 or even 4 decent players for (I have upto and including 88 rated players available), get in touch.

hi all, took over ipswich town a few days ago, my team.... not so good, bit fed up with the gold 1s im in at mo tho as no1 wants 2 do any deals lately.

my aim with ipswich is simple get a good youth team!!!! and be patient.

some awsome teams in this setup!!!!

im looking for a great deal 4 my best player naughton,

Suffered my worst defeat for a while this evening, 4-1 away to CSKA. My joint biggest away league defeat ever, in fact.

The manager was away on holiday but his assistant manager masterminded a victory by changing formation and runs. I didn't even realise this was possible?!?

Feeling pretty low about GC1 (and SM) at the moment to be honest. I obviously can't complain about my team or league position but it seems the more nailed on a win should be for me, or the more time I spend on tactics, the worse I actually do.

I am tempted to go on holiday to see if my assistant manager can get Messi, Ronaldo, and Iniesta to perform consistently where I cannot :D

I don't think there is much of a match engine. It probably just modifies every player by condition and checks if he is in the right position and then assigns a total team strenght value that is then compared to the other team. Now a random number kicks in that causes upsets sometimes and thats it.

I don't think that formations, tactics, substitutions and so on count for anything. Maybe "target man" or "playmaker" are calculated in but i am not sure. Last season my team had about 60:30 goals or so and i always played "offensive". The one team that was closest to me in the table always played "defensive". They had about 60:30 goals, the same number of wins, ties and losses. Makes you wonder. Usually a team that plays "defensive" all the time should score less and conceed less.

FC Kaiserslauten start of season analysis

A decent start in the League sees Kaiserslauten sit 2nd on goals scored only from pacesetters TSV Munich. The fixture list has not been the hardest but we have done what we needed to do with notable victories against Monchengladbach and VFB Stuttgart. The only loss being an unlucky defeat to Dortmund. The League is quite congested after seven matches and a massive test awaits against a resurrgent Bayern Munich.

The defence of the German Shield ended spectauarly in round 2 with a thumping 5-0 defeat away at FC Nurenberg. A strange game but a thumping none the less and the title slipped away in monumentally embaressing fashion.

SMFA Shield progress was assured by beating fellow German side Hertha Berlin in Round 1. The damage done in the first leg with a thumping 4-0 away win, this was the catalyst for a 5-1 aggregate victory and a fascinating tie against crack English outfit Derby County who have been one of Europes top forces in my time at the club.

picture.php?albumid=160&pictureid=2250

CHICHARITO SEE'S OFF GALA

chicharito.jpg

A solitary strike from Javier Hernandez was enough to secure Red Stars progression in the Mediterranean Shield. A reserve side travelled to Istanbul and dominated proceedings despite managing just the one goal.

In other news, a comedy £20m + Chris Cohen + David McGoldrick bid for Javier Pastore has been rejected.

Luka Modric grabs four goals as Shakhtar smash Krylia 6-1 and progress to the Russia + Ukraine Shield Quarter Finals, Sessegnon and Brandao the other two scorers. Moscow is heavily represented in the Quarter Finals with 4 teams (Thankfully no Teb!), I managed to avoid them all and drew Rubin.

Vfl Wolfsburg News

VFL_Wolfsburg-logo-0C49808A7C-seeklogo.com.gif

New Manager arrives at the Volkswagenarena!

armin_veh.jpg?w=300&h=251

Due to the poor start made by Wolfsburg this season' date=' a new manager has been brought in to save the club from relegation. Alex Loder, who was a tough task on his hands, seemed quietly confident during his interview earlier with The Local. Loder currently sees his side one place above the drop zone after only picking up 5 points from the first 7 games of this season. His comments on getting the job were positive.[/center']

Well, that didn't last long :o

Gretna make their first signing of 2011 by bolstering their attack with the signing of Nicky Maynard. Maynard is the first Englishman of real quality to join the Scottish outfit, and having just returned from a long term injury this weekend (and scoring) he looks to be back on the form he left off on. Hoping to contribute to his 21 goal tally last season and still only being 24 years of age, he is sure to be snapped up by a Premier League team in the next year.

Gretna have found the transfer market very difficult to predict of late. Lee Camp, who was available on numerous occasions for CV, left for 12+million, as did a number of other players who I had a strong interest in. This transfer sees the majority of the budget spent at Gretna, however players will be sold in the next few weeks as many more potentials become available.

Maynard is currently 4th choice, however this is due to a loanee and two much older strikers being at the club, so should find his place as a starting striker very soon. Up front is an area I perhaps need to get sorted, a large percentage of my goals last season were from midfield players and this seems to be the case again this year. Naturally this is one of the hardest areas to find free (available) players but by the end of the season my strike force could easily be replaced.

Shakhtar's second string do the business against Ajax, leaving Shakhtar on 9 points after 3 games and top of their SMFA Cup Group, Brandao and Gamez with the goals in the 2-1 win!

Looks like Teb is having a horrible time in his SMFA Cup group with only the two points to show for his efforts after three games. Hope to heap some more pain and misery on him come Wednesday :D, when my fully fit First XI will go to the Luzhniki and hopefully displace him from the top of the table!

Club Facts

Spartak Moskva are reigning champions and have won this competition 10 times.

Spartak Moskva have won 5 of the last 7 meetings between these clubs.

:o

picture.php?albumid=138&pictureid=2282

Still looking for our first win:( it will come soon i hope.

Signed 2 players and sold 1 over the last couple of days.

Marco ROSSI has completed his move to Leeds United from Sampdoria for £15,075,000

Mikhail SIVAKOV has completed his move to Leeds United from Cagliari for £5,765,000. All other offers were turned down.
Carlos BOSSIO has completed his move to Querétaro from Leeds United for £3,260,600

Payed over the odds for both players but this is GC1 (the only GC im in that money almost means bugger all :( )

Robert Lewandowski gets a +1 rise, a nice signing by the last manager.

A 2-0 win against Shorpe moves me back up the table into 3rd, but the injury list keeps growing and i've had to bring in 3 players on loan to try and maintain the promotion push, the next fixture is going to be a tough one against top of the table Hull City.

The part Juventus-part Bologna owned Albin Ekdal joined Gretna in the early hours of the morning. Ekdal is one of only a few players who I have yet to own on the game, partly due to talent and also partly due to the fact that I have only been aware of him over the past two years. He was one of the best youth players on FIFA 09 (lol), a game which I played rigorously and this alerted my interest in the player.

In all honesty, I didnt think I would get him, though I did offer my max, but I am very glad to see him at the club. He joins Kislayak as another new signing in the middle of the park.

If anyone has a top striker that they would be willing to let on loan, please let me know! (as high a rating as poss, 87 and up if possible!)

FC Kaiserslauten update:

League:

The League campaign has continued in relatively good fashion, we managed to beat major rivals Bayern Munich at the Fritz Walter arena with a stirring fightback, this was followed by an extrodinary defeat at home to an extremely strong Eintracht Frankfurt and a excellent point considering the score with 10mins to go at Ezerburgie. The last couple of games has seen resounding victories against Wolfsburg and FC Union Berlin to get the campaign back on track after a slight stutter.

These results leave Kaiserslauten in a very respectable 3rd place a point behind pacesetters Borussia Dortmund and Stuttgart. With crack teams such as TSV Munich, Bayern and Eintracht Frankfurt close behind with a third of the season gone it appears the League is shaping up nicely, extremely competitive and Pauley just hopes his side can keep up there improved form this season and challenge again for an experience of European Champions League Football.

SMFA Shield:

Just the one game since I last wrote the 2nd round 1st Leg at home to a very good Derby County which was lit up by an extrodinary performance by Nigerian striker Kala Uche who scored all four goals as Kaiserslauten romped to a somewhat unexpected 4-1 victory putting them in pole position to hopefully qualify for the next round.