Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Gold Championship 1 News

Posted Images

Only a limited chance to progress from the SMFA cup group stage as my SMFA cup curse continues with a 1-0 home defeat against Lazio; who look likely to take second spot in Group B behind Boca (who are running away with it; congrats).

Frustrating does not begin to describe it. :) Less than 50% attendance once again (far less) so it seems like the supporters have given up along with the management. Next I will be getting a vote of confidence from the chairman...

Last night Boca Juniors secured qualification to the knock-out stages of the SMFA Cup. This is the third season in a row Boca Juniors managed to get to this stage - never did the team qualify with two games still to play. Ten points after four games and still not a single goal conceded were sufficient with two home games against Spartak Moscow and Lazio still to be played.

This achievement compensates somewhat for a horrific league season so far. Only 9th place with 20 points after 13 games - and miles behind the league leaders Chivas (once again) on 32 points and Sao Paulo in 2nd with 30 points. So SMFA Cup qualification for next season via the league looks very unlikely at this point.

On the transfer front things were relatively quiet - 34 y.o. Walter Pandiani left for 15.0m to join Levski. That compares to 23.7m spent so far this season on 25 players, most of them for the youth team and no one older than 24 y.o. Many of the currently players are in the process of decline in terms of their ranking - so a rebuilding process of the squad is fairly urgently needed.

Kaiserslauten Update:

The League campaign has seen two games since the last update with the first being taken charge by the assistant manager as Pauley went on a holiday to recharge the batteries ahead of the rest of the season. The lads did not dissapoint with a thrilling late show to defeat Hertha 2-1 with late goals from Ruiz and a last gasp winner from Nilmar securing the points.

This has been followed up by a close run 2-1 victory at home to plucky underdogs Spvgg Unterhaching again the damage being done late in the game as Kaiserslauten's fitness begings to tell with Kroos and Ruiz again on the scoresheet.

The German League continues to be tight with many teams having fine seasons to date:

Division 10

Pos Team P GD Pts

1 Borussia Dortmund 14 17 33

2 1. FC KAISERSLAUTERN 14 16 32

3 VfB Stuttgart 14 12 30

4 TSV 1860 München 14 11 28

5 Eintracht Frankfurt 14 8 28

6 Bayern München 14 4 26

7 FC Schalke 04 14 6 22

8 Bayer Leverkusen 14 5 21

9 1. FC Union Berlin 14 0 19

10 Werder Bremen 14 6 17

11 TSG 1899 Hoffenheim 14 0 17

12 Erzgebirge Aue 14 -2 16

13 Hertha BSC 14 -6 16

14 Dynamo Dresden 14 -6 15

15 SpVgg Unterhaching 14 -8 15

16 Hamburger SV 14 -4 12

17 Borussia Mönchengladbach 14 -9 11

18 Karlsruher SC 14 -12 11

19 Carl Zeiss Jena 14 -19 11

20 VfL Wolfsburg

As you can see plenty of teams still well in the running with lots to play for.

UEFA CUP:

Kaiserslauten play out a dull and uninspiring scoreless draw at Derby to progress to the last 16 with a 4-1 aggregate victory. In the last 16 Kaiserslauten will take on Brazilian heavyweights Sao Paulo.

Transfers:

One major bit of transfer news coming out of the Fritz Walter stadium is the arrival of talented young homegrown defender Stefan Reinartz who arrives from Birmingham in a deal which sees marco Reus and kala Uche head to England. Whilst quick to point out pauley was very pleased with the contribution of Uche and Reus he is said to be delighted with the capture of a young CB he greatly admires and can see progressing further in the near future with the right mentoring.

Player Ratings:

Kaiserslauten have also seen significant improvement in the latest set of rating changes with players such as M'Bia,Chedjou,Sorenson,Bacinovic,Ramires,Nilmar and Schreiber all seeing rating increases which helps to strengthen the squad even further.

Pauley is said to be on the lookout for a 90+ striker and is willing to offer 2/3/ for 1s for the right player, if you have anybody who you may be willing to trade who fits the bill give us a shout

I was expecting to see some discussion of the Pastore deal.

I would have liked to sign him myself' date=' but I guess I should have put my money where my mouth was - as Barcelona did.[/quote']

Hadn't noticed it until you made this post. More than anything, I'm surprised so much was allowed to be offered by the Barcelona chairman, as I'd never be allowed to pay so much with any of my teams. Good deal for Stifler today, as Stankovic and Saviola still have plenty left in the tank (and I'm sure he can use them to his advantage in the transfer market in the future), while Kevin's got a player on his hands with unlimited potential with the right, real-life transfer, at the right time.

Barcelona sign David Luiz in a straight swap for Fabio Coentrao. A lot to give up but I feel there's more gained.

After getting a Pastore and David Luiz in the past few days, things are looking better for Barcelona.

Still looking for more deals so please get in touch. Will happily pay between £20-50million + Ronaldinho for a 90 rated striker.

Shakhtar set up a Russia + Ukraine Shield Final with Dynamo Moskva (who beat CSKA on penalties), after a quite devastating performance against Torpedo Moskva. Robin Van Persie involved in every single goal as he scored 3 and created 3 in a 6-1 romp!

Have to be favourites for the shield, but my team will find some way to screw that up :rolleyes::o

picture.php?albumid=160&pictureid=2250

REDSTARSTANKOVIC.jpgREDSTARSAVIOLA.jpg

Red Star have indeed sold starlet Javier Pastore to Barcelona - with Serbian legend Dejan Stankovic returning to the club that launched his glorious career along with Argentine hitman Javier Saviola.

Wasn't keen on losing Pastore but Barca were the first team to make a proper move for him and came up with a deal that I wasn't going to refuse - particularly as I am such a massive fan of Stankovic.

You made some good deals there i think injecting some youth into your squad. But losing 5 players and gaining 3 will slowly thin out your squad. You will probably have to buy some players for cash eventually to increase numbers again if you keep this up, but right now your squad is still big enough.

I assume that with your huge stadion and a fairly low wage bill you are gaining money. Still it might prove difficult to get cash deals. But so far i really like those trades. I am a bit biased though as i tend to favor youth over current ratings. I was thinking about making an offer for Luiz as well btw but didn't quite have the necessary firepower yet.

After a semi-successful rebuild and 80 matches with Torpedo Moskva followed by a long relaxing break from SM, Colonel Light has returned refreshed to the Russian/Ukrainian league as the new Dnipro manager. :rolleyes:

We have 14 players rated in the low to mid 80s, 16 players(?) rated in the 60s........and............Steven Gerrard. :confused:

I lol'ed when I saw this ridiculous squad. Definitely my kind of team. :D

You made some good deals there i think injecting some youth into your squad. But losing 5 players and gaining 3 will slowly thin out your squad. You will probably have to buy some players for cash eventually to increase numbers again if you keep this up' date=' but right now your squad is still big enough.

I assume that with your huge stadion and a fairly low wage bill you are gaining money. Still it might prove difficult to get cash deals. But so far i really like those trades. I am a bit biased though as i tend to favor youth over current ratings. I was thinking about making an offer for Luiz as well btw but didn't quite have the necessary firepower yet.[/quote']

The players I lost.

Ronaldinho - One of the hardest to get rid of in a p/e because of decreasing rating and league.

Ledesma - on the reserves bench.

Coentrao - Love him but feel I got the best of the deal.

Stancovic and Saviola - I actually really like these players but REALLY like Pastore. Also I feel Pastore's resale is higher than the too in a year.

I did pay a lot but I'm not too bothered.

Players I got.

Llorente - perhaps reached his maximum rating unless he goes to a bigger club in the summer but he'll be alot easier to trade than Ronaldinho.

Pastore - nuff said

David Luiz - playing better than his 94 centre back partner at present can only mean good things.

Oh, and give me a shout if you want to sell Ilicic, I'm in an overpaying mood B);)

12 points from 5 games in the SMFA Cup and I'm not even 100% sure to qualify....

Can't believe Spartak are out' date=' and last seasons Finalists have a grand total of 0 points from their 5 games in my group![/quote']

At least you know that Champions garunteed themselves top after 4 games. lol

Boca Juniors last night hosted Spartak Moscow in the SMFA Cup group stages. Having not conceded a single goal in the first four group matches this time the team conceded four times (three of them by Messi) as Spartak scored with all their shots on goal.

However, in a very entertaining game Boca Juniors managed four times to come from behind and finish the score with a 4-4 draw. Battaglia, Palacio, Santa Cruz and Veron all hit the target. As a result, Boca Juniors still top the group with 11 points ahead of Lazio with 10. The final group match on April 11 will be at home against Lazio and will decide the winner of this group.

In the league, however, Boca Juniors continued to struggle. The results since the last update were a disappointing 0-0 draw at UNAM Pumas, a 3-0 away win at Flamengo (Milito 2x and Ledesma scoring) as well as a 2-0 home win against Pachuca (Veron and Palacio scoring). All these teams are currently in the bottom-half of the table though and so is next opponent Newell's Old Boys. The league point total of 27 after 16 games means Boca Juniors are in 8th place with a nine point gap to River Plate in 2nd. So SMFA Cup qualification for next year looks still like a very big ask.

In the transfer market Guillermo Burdisso joined for 12.2m from unmanaged Vasco da Gama. He is already a useful back-up for the ageing starting CBs Cata Diaz and Milito but clearly needs to become a regular at club level to advance further from his current rating of 86. He was effectively funded by selling 23 y.o. AM/F Moreno Costanzo for 15m to Deportivo.

Furthermore, Greek 24 y.o. 85-rated RB Giannis Maniatis joined in a swap for two 82-rated players. Maniatis in real life joined Olympiacos during the winter break and seems to have become their starting RB. He immediately went on loan for the rest of the season and he will join to race to become the regular starting RB at Boca Juniors once Cassetti drops in his rating (even though he may be traded away by then).

Overall, this season Boca Juniors spent 36m on new players while having raised 30m from selling players so far.

I am officially sulking after bombing out the SMFA cup!! :eek:

No idea where I went wrong, which is frustrating. Fully fit, full morale, pretty happy with my tactical selections even with the benefit of hindsight. In contrast to Boca, my league season is going quite well despite the competition in Russia getting increasingly stiff.

Congrats to Boca and Lazio for topping my group, both managers are good guys so I wish them well.

I am officially sulking after bombing out the SMFA cup!! :eek:

No idea where I went wrong' date=' which is frustrating. Fully fit, full morale, pretty happy with my tactical selections even with the benefit of hindsight. In contrast to Boca, my league season is going quite well despite the competition in Russia getting increasingly stiff.

Congrats to Boca and Lazio for topping my group, both managers are good guys so I wish them well.[/quote']

:eek: Now that is the shock of the season