Re: Gold Championship 1 News

Posted Images

1REDSTAR-1.jpg

FIGHTING ON 3 FRONTS

Gignac.jpg

Squeaky bum time for Red Star fans as we enter the final few weeks of the season still in with a chance of 3 pieces of silverware.

With 5 games to go in the league, we trail leaders Sporting CP by just 2 points in what has been a very close run title battle between the two clubs. Sporting are away at an in form Hajduk Split next time out so here's hoping that we can get in the driving seat next week :P

Yesterday we overcame our title rivals in a tight Med Cup QF to set up a semi-final away at Benfica.

On Monday we will also kick off our Semi-final SMFA Cup tie with Dunfermline hoping for a positive first leg result against the surprise package of the competition.

Despite being our current leading league scorer, Andre Pierre-Gignac is available for a deal involving a left sided midfielder/winger. Can also throw in a Kallstrom/Ruiz/Zabaleta etc for the right player.

Kaiserslauten Update:

Total inconsistency but the question must be asked

GC 1-Germany the best title race in an age????

League:

Kaiserslauten have been a complete mystery, inconsistency being the key word, some shocking defeats to the likes of Leverkusen,SPV have coincided with a disastrous five defeats on the bounce away from home. This has been in stark contrast to almost immaculate home form which was maintained with a 88th minute winner from Bousaffa against a very good Hoffenheim last night. The top of the table stands like this:

1 TSV 1860 München 35 25 68

2 1. FC KAISERSLAUTERN 35 19 67

3 Borussia Dortmund 35 30 66

4 Eintracht Frankfurt 35 22 65

5 Bayern München 35 17 65

6 1. FC Union Berlin 35 14 62

7 Werder Bremen 35 29 60

Five teams within three points with three games to go in possibly the greatest title fight for years. Union Berlin cannot be ruled out wither after a stunning run of form and with the Top four involved in fixtures against each other on Wed, it is all to play for.

"We are just absolutely delighted to still be in with a shout, e league is so difficult anybody can beat everybody as this season has proved, we have and still are without two of our best players and whatever happens I am immensely proud of the players, we are punching above our weight, it is a crazy crazy League we could win it, yet we can still finsih sixth!"

Kaiserslauten have also progressed almost unnoticed into the German Cup semi-finasl where they will play Dynamo Dresden, the reserves having a sterling campaign and a chance to make a cup final for the 2nd season running.

Kaiserslauten Update:

Total inconsistency but the question must be asked

GC 1-Germany the best title race in an age????

League:

Kaiserslauten have been a complete mystery' date=' inconsistency being the key word, some shocking defeats to the likes of Leverkusen,SPV have coincided with a disastrous five defeats on the bounce away from home. This has been in stark contrast to almost immaculate home form which was maintained with a 88th minute winner from Bousaffa against a very good Hoffenheim last night. The top of the table stands like this:

1 TSV 1860 München 35 25 68

2 1. FC KAISERSLAUTERN 35 19 67

3 Borussia Dortmund 35 30 66

4 Eintracht Frankfurt 35 22 65

5 Bayern München 35 17 65

6 1. FC Union Berlin 35 14 62

7 Werder Bremen 35 29 60

Five teams within three points with three games to go in possibly the greatest title fight for years. Union Berlin cannot be ruled out wither after a stunning run of form and with the Top four involved in fixtures against each other on Wed, it is all to play for.

"We are just absolutely delighted to still be in with a shout, e league is so difficult anybody can beat everybody as this season has proved, we have and still are without two of our best players and whatever happens I am immensely proud of the players, we are punching above our weight, it is a crazy crazy League we could win it, yet we can still finsih sixth!"

Kaiserslauten have also progressed almost unnoticed into the German Cup semi-finasl where they will play Dynamo Dresden, the reserves having a sterling campaign and a chance to make a cup final for the 2nd season running.[/quote']

Nice little report Ray. You have me on the last game of the season and I am unbeaten in the league since taking over 12 games ago racking up an impressive 32 points with 10 wins! Germany does seem very competitive though so I hope to make my mark in a full season next time round.

1REDSTAR-1.jpg

RED STAR COMPLETE DOUBLE

10_gold.png22843013344959337.png5_gold.png

After the "C" Team picked up the Mediterranean Cup with a 3-0 win versus Braga last night (Marlos x2 & Gedo), the seniors wrap up the league thanks to a 1-1 draw at Porto on the final day of the season. Despite completely out-classing their portuguese rivals, a late equaliser meant that Kallstrom's earlier strike was cancelled out and Red Star were left hoping that Sporting CP could not better their result at Olympiacos. As it was, Sporting CP drew and Red Star clinch the league on goal difference.

Back-to-back titles is a great result and this latest honour is the 10th that Red Star have achieved in 12 seasons, with 8 of them being achieved under me in the past 4.

Things could get even better for Red Star as we compete in our first SMFA Champions Cup final on Monday versus Lazio. The Romans had a great result in the semi's, knocking out perennial challengers Man United on penalties while we overcame Dunfermline 6-2 on aggregate.

A win over Lazio would hand us a "quadruple" for the season, with the league, cup and charity shield already in the bag.

Fingers crossed!!!!!!

Underdogs Racing Santander have ridden their luck recently but have held on to win the Spanish Division 1 title.

Despite three losses for Racing in the final three games of the season, rivals Celta were unable to capitalise and Racing managed to limp home in first place, much to my relief!

Next season will be about building for the future though, we have an aging team who have done well this season, but I expect to see a few leave in the coming weeks and as such am looking to do a deal for Golden Boot and player of the year winner Ivica Olic.

Any sensible exchange for one or more young up and coming players will be considered.

Fantastic season for Union Berlin as we finish 6th after a stunning run of results in mid season. A very good season transfer wise as well with the average squad age declreasing and the signing of some really talented players. Not got the squad to compete in the SMFA Shield but quite pleased to make the SMFA places.

Apologies to Simon who would've won the title on the last day with a win, think that's the first time I've beaten Dortmund:o

Great season for Bari, with the first Italian Cup Title.

It was a difficult start of season losing the SMFA Super Cup to Barcelona and being eliminated of SMFA Shield in the first round, but finally we've finished 7th in league and hoping to win another SMFA Shield like last season :D

Now we have to work to make a competitive squad for next season! Hoping to qualify for the first time in the club to SMFA Champions Cup!

All raise a glass to the champions of Germany- TSV Munich

In a quite exhilarating season in Germany it was TSV Munich who proved to be triumphant, despite a defeat on the last day, Dortmunds loss at Union Berlin was enough to ensure TSV took the honours in a compelling race right to the death.

TSV Munich, Bayern Munich and Dortmund took the Champions League places, with Eintracht Frankfurt, My own Kaiserslauten,Union Berlin and Werder Bremen taking the shield spots.

It was a mixed end to the season for Kaiserslauten whose brave challenge for the title was effectively ended by a quite astonishing game at TSV which saw Kaiserslauten go down 5-4 in a breathtaking game of football, followed by a dissapointing home draw to Schalke. A very good win on the last day despite playing a reserve side at Bremen with Victor Sanchez scoring a hat-trick in a rare game was not quite enough. Kaiserslauten ended 5th on 71points four points behind champions TSV Munich.

There was to be further disappointment in the German Cup where somehow our reserves despite battering Dynamo Dresden failed to score and lost the penalty-shoot out to exit at the Semi-Final stage when the final was our mercy, but alas was not meant to be.

"I cannot be anything but proud of the players they gave there all and that is all you can ask, we lost our nerve slightly in the run-in as a lack of experience in these championship situations began to show, but on the whole with the level of competition in Germany 71points is a great return and we were a bit unfortunate not to get an SMFA Cup spot. The season in general was a great advertisement for the League and I wish all my country counterparts luck in European competition next season"

150px-Schalke_04.png

225197290_763943a1bd.jpg

Schalke Appoint Friel As New Head Coach

After just 10 games in charge at Sc Freiburg the Scotsman has jumped ship to take control of his beloved Fc Schalke and states he is it for the long haul. The 24 year admts he has a very tough task ahead after seeing the state the club was in but cant wait to get going!

All players are available including Pandev and all bids will be considered which means cash bids are welcome so if interested get your bids in.

674.png

Leyton Orient Say Goodbye To A Legend

After 232 games in charge at Brisbane Road Germany's own Fred Fredson has called it a day but the man will be remembered as one of the greats if not the greatest of all time in the hearts of the Orient supporters. Mr Fredson the clubs longest serving manager resigned this morning for reasons still not known but he leaves the club with a great foundation to build apon for his successor. Mr.Fredon not only the clubs longest serving manager but unsurprisingly he also leaves being the clubs most successful manager for after his years of service to the club he brought joy to the O's faithful with not 1 but 2 title winning seasons in season 8 and 9 and a play-off win in season 11.

His successor has a lot to live up to and whilst the club were fast to appoint a new manager before pre-season begins many supporters are questioning the clubs decision feeling that there should have been more time given to interview potential candidates and that the board made a rash decision hiring the Scotsman who can only be described as a journeyman for lack of a better word. (Club Hopper) The Scotsman has had spells with 5 different clubs Orient being the 6th over the course of a 2 year span one in Brazil (Vasco da Gama) 44 games one in England (Spurs) 15 games and 3 in Germany (Sc Freiburg) 13 games (MSV Duisburg) 66 games and finally (Fc Schalke) 10 games but is Orient taking a big gamble?

According to the man himself that would be a no but I guess only time will tell after previously stating that after being at the Veltins Areana he "was in it for the long haul" and managing a mesley 10 in charge before his departure. We caught up with the Scot and he wanted to make a few things clear and had this to say. " First of all I would like to say what a great job Mr.Fredson has done at the club and wish him all the best in the future. As for my future at the club well unless I get removed by the SMFA which won't happen that I will be at the club until I retire and that is all".

674.png

Leyton Orient Say Goodbye To A Legend

After 232 games in charge at Brisbane Road Germany's own Fred Fredson has called it a day but the man will be remembered as one of the greats if not the greatest of all time in the hearts of the Orient supporters. Mr Fredson the clubs longest serving manager resigned this morning for reasons still not known but he leaves the club with a great foundation to build apon for his successor. Mr.Fredon not only the clubs longest serving manager but unsurprisingly he also leaves being the clubs most successful manager for after his years of service to the club he brought joy to the O's faithful with not 1 but 2 title winning seasons in season 8 and 9 and a play-off win in season 11.

His successor has a lot to live up to and whilst the club were fast to appoint a new manager before pre-season begins many supporters are questioning the clubs decision feeling that there should have been more time given to interview potential candidates and that the board made a rash decision hiring the Scotsman who can only be described as a journeyman for lack of a better word. (Club Hopper) The Scotsman has had spells with 5 different clubs Orient being the 6th over the course of a 2 year span one in Brazil (Vasco da Gama) 44 games one in England (Spurs) 15 games and 3 in Germany (Sc Freiburg) 13 games (MSV Duisburg) 66 games and finally (Fc Schalke) 10 games but is Orient taking a big gamble?

According to the man himself that would be a no but I guess only time will tell after previously stating that after being at the Veltins Areana he "was in it for the long haul" and managing a mesley 10 in charge before his departure. We caught up with the Scot and he wanted to make a few things clear and had this to say. " First of all I would like to say what a great job Mr.Fredson has done at the club and wish him all the best in the future. As for my future at the club well unless I get removed by the SMFA which won't happen that I will be at the club until I retire and that is all".

Congrats on the job mate might leave a few of those younger players I targeted instead of you getting em all LOL

Fred if you read this sorry to see you go you done a terrific job firm admirer of your work, a GC 1 legend without question. :)

Rebuilding Begins in Hoffenhiem

After a season to forget a major rebuild has begun today at TSG Hoffenhiem. After 3 seasons of SMFA Shield qualification, this season I finished 10th on only 52 points, it's been a tough season and at one point I considered quitting but I realised I'm playing in the best league in the best GC so there is no way I can do that!!

So, today I completed my first deal of the pre-season, I swapped Loic Remy for Walter Gargano and Stephane Ruffier, this has given me a solid goalkeeper and more options in midfield.

I will consider offers for most players, the only players off the table right now are a couple of youth players as I haven't worked out their true value yet. I have a number of young strikers so I will be trading one from Bogdan Stancu and David N'gog and for the right offer Leigton Baines and Gokan Inler can go.

My next area of focus is defence, I have very little depth after Samba, Baines and Danze. I would consider trading Adrian Gunino for a centre back, I expect him to sign for a decent european team after playing almost every game for Toulouse this season.

Message me in game to discuss any deals.

First new recruits at TSG

Walter-Gargano-01.jpg

Walter Gargano

Stephane-Ruffier-Galatasarayda-334x400.jpg

Stephane Ruffier

1REDSTAR-1.jpg

RED STAR SUFFER FINAL HEARTACHE

SMFA Champions Cup Final

Lazio 2 - 2 Crvena Zvezda

(Lazio win on pens)

Red Star suffer the ultimate heartache of a shoot-out defeat in the biggest game in club football. Joao Pereira and Rafinha had both equalised Mauri goals to take the game to penalties where the Romans prevailed.

Well done to the Lazio boss - his team edged a close game on stats so they were deserved winners in the end.

Rebuilding Continues at Hoffenhiem

The second significant deal has been completed at Hoffenhiem, Gokhan Inler has moved to Rangers in a part exchange deal for Jérémy Mathieu and Alberto Botia.

This deal means Leigton Baines might be leaving TSG. Offers that include forwards and wide midfielders would be of most interest.

JeremyMathieu_567768.jpg

Jérémy Mathieu

Alberto_Botia.jpg

Alberto Botia

1REDSTAR-1.jpg

RED STAR LOOKING FOR PRE-SEASON CHANGES

As per my newspaper article, can use the following players....

(90)

Gignac, Saviola, Kallstrom, Veloso, Rafinha

(89)

Ochoa, Mangane, Zabaleta, Joao Pereira

(88)

Evans, Stankevicius, Saha

(87)

Obasi, Colunga, Ayovi, Pospech, Kobin, Zanka Jorgensen, Khacheridi

(86)

Coutinho, Nakushev, Gedo, Weiss, Valdivia,

(85)

Kokorin, Rybus, Arana, Moritz etc

plus a whole load of youths.

leytonorient200x200.gif

Absolutely delighted with my first signing of relative importance since taking over at Leyton Orient! One of the Premierships finest CBs arrives in V.Kompany in exchange for M'Villa and J.Ilicic. It makes me all the more happier that Mr.Stifler never responded to my last pm where I was going to pay more for Subotic and in the end got a better player for less.

All players at Orient are available in two for one deals possibly three for one depending on the quality offered in return just send me a pm. I am preferably after 89/+ rated players all positions so if you want 2-3 players for a 89 & upwards get in touch.

leytonorient200x200.gif

Absolutely delighted with my first signing of relative importance since taking over at Leyton Orient! One of the Premierships finest CBs arrives in exchange for M'Villa and J.Ilicic. It makes me all the more happier that Mr.Stifler never responded to my last pm where I was going to pay more for Subotic and in the end got a better player for less.

All players at Orient are available in two for one deals possibly three for one depending on the quality offered in return just send me a pm. I am preferably after 89/+ rated players all positions so if you want 2-3 players for a 89 & upwards get in touch.

Nice signing - In fairness you never made a full offer for Subo and I probably wouldn't have sold for M'Vila + Ilicic so good deal all round.