Customizable Kit Numbers

Re: Customizable Kit Numbers

It'd be great to be able to edit kit numbers of your players rather than the default number given to them in Tactics.

What do you think?

I have seen this question before. The problem is that some managers have 100 or more players in their squad so it would not work. I personnaly would like to custimaze my squad numbers but due to the fact that not every - one will benefit from this I am agianst it

Really?

Aren't there squad limits? Like a squad can't have 21 players or less...? So isn't there a max limit too?

I'd really like to customize the kit numbers... :D

Well im currently in a setup where a manager has 195 players.. so im pretty sure there is no limit..

limit is something like 250.

anyway this feature has already been suggested countless times :)

Ah so there is. Never knew that actually. :o

Anyway, numbers can never be implemented as you cant have over 3 didgits.

Bit annoying really but nothing can be done about that.

There can be something done about it though,

You can give 99 players squad numers and for the rest:

Either Option A: They have no squad number when playing

Or Option B: They aren't allowed to play in the first team

I'm sure option B would work, there's a lot of players in these massive squads who never get a game. And no more then 50 players are usually used by a club during a season.

• 2 weeks later...

Buying riser's is how you get a small club in to the top light and for me there is no better feeling on this game than taking a club which is in the bottom leagues, buying youth/riser's and spending the profit on higher riser's or 90+ players. only reason im on this game, and i think im not the only one! :D

I never have large squads, I hate having too many players to choose from. Here are the sizes of the squads I run:

Key: FT = First Team squad members, YT = Youth Team squad members

Preston EC106: FT - 20, YT - 15 (7 loaned out)

Liverpool Custom Setup: FT - 25, YT - 15

Tottenham WC8671: FT - 19, YT - 11 (10 loaned out by AI)

Fulham EC6171: FT - 27, YT - 3 (6 loaned out by AI)

Birmingham EC4036: FT - 25, YT - 6 (3 loaned in)

West Ham WC7820: FT - 23, YT - 14

So my squads hover around the 30 mark, I know GC's need more players to deal with extra games, but Im sure squad numbers could be brought in, and in the case of a squad of 100+ players, maybe you can give out 88 numbers (out of a choice of 99) leaving 11 numbers spare for other players should the manager decide to pick a team of players not currently assigned a number.

While it is a worthwhile suggestion, I can't see what this feature would add to gameplay itself. In some setups it's already too time-consuming for managers to do their tactics, so to sit down and assign squad numbers to 30+ players, and only for aesthetic value, it's not really worth it.

It's a 'no' from me, but don't be afraid to put forward any other ideas you may have; you'll strike gold eventually. :)

While it is a worthwhile suggestion' date=' I can't see what this feature would add to gameplay itself. In some setups it's already too time-consuming for managers to do their tactics, so to sit down and assign squad numbers to 30+ players, and only for aesthetic value, it's not really worth it.

It's a 'no' from me, but don't be afraid to put forward any other ideas you may have; you'll strike gold eventually. :)[/quote']

You'd be surprised how much small aesthetic changes can improve your enjoyment of the game. I for one would be more interested in my clubs if the players had specific numbers. Each club would feel more personal to me. It's the same with 7 subs and assist markers on the Match Report screen.

You'd be surprised how much small aesthetic changes can improve your enjoyment of the game. I for one would be more interested in my clubs if the players had specific numbers. Each club would feel more personal to me. It's the same with 7 subs and assist markers on the Match Report screen.

I wouldn't mind it at all provided it was only optional. Like most things suggested on here, it's all swings and roundabouts.

I wouldn't mind it at all provided it was only optional. Like most things suggested on here' date=' it's all swings and roundabouts.[/quote']

I suppose an option could be added like there is on Football Manager where the computer picks the numbers itself. Maybe the computer can pick the players real-life number and if that isnt available, it picks the first available one (or nearest one to their number)

Having a squad of over 100 players is unrealistic...

the real life man united team have a squad of:

21 reserves

47 first team

=68 players.

real madrid have a castilla as so many clubs.

also players not on the database are in the real life clubs on SM as no appearances but officially still there in real life.

seeing as there should be some scope 100 is not an unrealistic figure by any means, 70-80 is max for real life and this is a game and we want to buy who we want so 20 extra is really no big deal....

I agree, it's makes it more authentic and I don't think it'll take up too much time to assign it.

It'd be great to have a column "Edit Kit Number" in the Squad Tab.

the real life man united team have a squad of:

21 reserves

47 first team

=68 players.

real madrid have a castilla as so many clubs.

also players not on the database are in the real life clubs on SM as no appearances but officially still there in real life.

seeing as there should be some scope 100 is not an unrealistic figure by any means' date=' 70-80 is max for real life and this is a game and we want to buy who we want so 20 extra is really no big deal....[/quote']

You're missing my point. My personal view is that squads should be limited to 99 (as to allow for the squad number suggestion). My problem is with people who have a 300-man squad.

You're missing my point. My personal view is that squads should be limited to 99 (as to allow for the squad number suggestion). My problem is with people who have a 300-man squad.

i see your point but i disagree it should be limited to 99.

i think squad numbers could be solved by putting 1-99 for the first team and the other team is a reserve team who wont play compeitive matches = dont need numbers :)

if a player wants to be used has to be moved into first team, of which 99 is more than enough,