Gerard Pique

jonnywild

Hi,

I've had an offer for Gerard Pique of 33M but don't really want to sell him. However, he's injured for 6 weeks so he's going to miss the rest of the season anyway and a bit of next season aswell. Do you think its worth selling him now and can you suggest some possible replacements.

Thanks,

Jonny :)

Re: Gerard Pique

Hi' date='

I've had an offer for Gerard Pique of 33M but don't really want to sell him. However, he's injured for 6 weeks so he's going to miss the rest of the season anyway and a bit of next season aswell. Do you think its worth selling him now and can you suggest some possible replacements.

Thanks,

Jonny :)[/quote']

He will be one of this best in the coming few years. The man to replace puyol. I will keep him.

Hi' date='

Thanks,

Look to the long term. He's a future riser and a class player. Keep him.

Hi' date='

Thanks,

Are you in a setup full of managers and with quite alot of competition? If so, I wouldn't sell Gerard for 33 Million. If you have cover in his position, then you could offer for a part exchange deal, especially if the other team have some player's that you wouldn't mind having. Otherwise reject the bid, he's a solid defender and already a world champion.

Theres 18 managers in my game world but the offer's from barcelona who are an external club so I might be able to buy him back but can't guarantee it. I've got Lucio who I usually play alongside Pique and then Mexes as cover and I've also got quite a few high 80 CB's if I get desperate so I think I'll manage. I'll keep him, cheers for all the help. :)

Hi' date='

Thanks,

Think about what players you will need to exchange to get him back, is it a competitive league? Are there other players of similar rating who are cheaper who you could replace him with like Carvalho, Samuel, Cordoba, Juan...

Hi' date='

Thanks,

there will be two week time before next season starts..so try to get any utility defender or cheap replacement..any 90+ CB of any age will be good option

sell him ' date=' buy him back!

you are in an english gameworld, right

you probably would leave after you get the trophy anyway

I sold Anelka and Drogba for the same reason, and i ended up getting Gilardino and Ibra[/quote']

Don't listen to him. whats the point in selling the world cup winner and starter of possibly the best team on the planet.. These questions make no sense. especially selling him to an external club and getting the SM value, if another manager offered 50m + player(s), i'd think about it, but i would have pressed the reject offer button without hesitation.

And as for the other comment of winning the trophy and leaving??? Whatever happened to building a team to win today and tomorrow. For me one of the best parts of this game is building a club that has the best players you can get now and signing the best future talent on the budget you have.

Certainly not selling your best players and then trying to win a league and leave, but then i suppose everyone plays the game differently.

Good luck, but if you do sell and i was another manager in your set up I wouldn't let you just buy him back for 33m, I'd be monitering that transfer ban and swooping.

Bert