Sign in to follow this  
Insider

"Guaranteed hope" .:| Andrigo - 15 - Internacional SC - Striker |:.

ANDRIGO

INTERNACIONAL

andrigo_destaque.JPG

Andrigo Oliveira de Araujo

Striker

Internacional SC

CBF# 298793

February 27th, 1995

AND2010

Brazilians are quick to hype up their youngsters. Some kids show so much talent at such a young age that they are media stars before they can start growing a moustache. Some of these work out, like Ronaldo, Ronaldinho and Kaka. Others don't, like Lulinha or Kerlon. The jury is still out on the recent batch; Neymar, Coutinho and Wellington Silva. However, for Brazil, the final product is only part of it. Most of the fun comes from following these players throughout their childhood and through their ascent to national, and hopefully international fame.

Now that Coutinho, Neymar and Wellington Silva are out of their academies, it's time to look for a new batch. Two of these were known well before 2010, players by the name of Jean Carlos Chera (May 1995) and Lucas Piazon (Jan 1994) were well known, one for his sublime ball skills and one for pounding in goal after goal at the U15 level. While they are still in the spotlight, a kid from southern Brazil decided to grab a few headlines for himself.

A quick, tall striker with a long powerful stride and a good hard shot, Andrigo has captured the imagination of those who follow Internacional's youth club, a club that has seen Pato, Sandro, Lucio and Dunga, to name a few, pass through. Ranked the top youth team in Brazil by quite some distance, International officials rank Andrigo as their best hope (Ahead of Brazil U17 captain Marlon Bica and Spam's favourite, Felipinho), and have a plan drawn out for him that looks greatly like the one drawn up for Alex Pato at his age. They expect him to be a part of the 2012 Brasileirao team. [inter are notorious for advance planning. In December 2008, they signed Giuliano for "Our 2010 Libertadores team" and this summer, they signed Oscar and Dalton for "The 2011 season". Marlon Bica and Lucas Roggia are also targets for 2012. Anyways.]

Back to what I was saying, with Chera and Piazon. This season, it appears that Andrigo is joining the two in the hype category. A good performance at the NIKE U-15 World Cup this month would set it in stone. As a 14 year old, he lead his '94 generation team past many other storied academies (River Plate and Barcelona to name a few) in the 2009 Efipan Cup. Andrigo was top scorer for Inter. Then, they were runners-up in the Copa do Brasil, Sub 15. Even with the defeat, Andrigo won the golden ball.

Then, 2010, where Andrigo took his show on the road and faced Piazon and Chera head on. First off: Piazon. 2010 Copa Votorantim. Despite Inter going out early in pens against Atletico MG, it was a victory for Andrigo who finished top scorer with 5 goals, 3 of which came against Piazon and his Sao Paulo squad in a 4-0 drubbing. Next up: Copa Armando Nogueira. Again, top scorer; again Golden Ball. Then, the Copa Nike, Brasil's regional qualifiers. First game: Santos, and JC Chera. Again, Andrigo dominates with 3 sublime goals and a wonderful performance. Golden Ball and Champion, Inter qualified for the Nike Cup, World Edition, in which they will face academies like Manchester United, Porto, Werder Bremen and Newcastle United. It's worth mentionning that he is a wide striker, a 2nd striker, not a player who plays in the high traffic areas. All his goals are goals that he works for and deserves (or penalties; which he usually wins himself.)

After the Brazilian Nike, Internacional came under heavy pressure from Traffic and from Manchester United to sell the kid. Now, Manchester City have allegedly joined the race. With a good performance at the Nike in August, we could see a Worldwide bidding war for him, à-la-Pato. And with Inter's notoriety for sticking to the plan, he could become the wonderkid everyone is talking about in a year's time.

The only thing missing is a callup at the youth level. Famously snubbed alongside Chera and the Romarinho's (There are two, one at Palmeiras and one at Vasco), a good performance at the Nike will leave Brazil no choice but to get him up to the U17 South Americans in May of 2011. For now, though, all we can do is enjoy the ride. Smooth and strong two-footed fifteen year olds with an eye for the goal against the best of his peers don't come along very often. We can't guarantee a future star, but we can guarantee a nice ride and we can guarantee hope.

Copa Nike (Brazil) goals:

Re: "Guaranteed hope" .:| Andrigo - 15 - Internacional SC - Striker |:.

I am absolutely incredulous that your first language is not English. The way the report is written, it's 'B' or 'A' grade GCSE, me ole mate!

Do you live in England? If not, could you come over and teach some of our lead-brained kids to speak and write correctly?

I am absolutely incredulous that your first language is not English. The way the report is written' date=' it's 'B' or 'A' grade GCSE, me ole mate!

Do you live in England? If not, could you come over and teach some of our lead-brained kids to speak and write correctly?[/quote']

Mark, your ESL? :P am guessin your first language is french but then again it shouldn't be too big of a diff.

Immense report as usual, looks a fair talent. And he's only a year older than me :P

Globo report that Andrigo is on vacation at home with his parents and does not want to go back to Internacional. According to the reports, European scouts were heavily impressed at the Copa Nike. "He will be better then Pato", one of them wrote.

There is already an offer from Manchester United on the table, but it's the team that knocked Inter out of the Copa Nike who are the favourites to get his signature. It's a small academy known as La Cantera of FC Barcelona.

He wants to go to Europe. Now.

Globo report that Andrigo is on vacation at home with his parents and does not want to go back to Internacional. According to the reports' date=' European scouts were heavily impressed at the Copa Nike. "He will be better then Pato", one of them wrote.

There is already an offer from Manchester United on the table, but it's the team that knocked Inter out of the Copa Nike who are the favourites to get his signature. It's a small academy known as [i']La Cantera[/i] of FC Barcelona.

He wants to go to Europe. Now.

Its great to see a footballer do well for himself, but I like to see them play in brazil for a while(means we can snap them up for our teams sooner lol)

If they got to Barca or Man U it could be 3-5yrs before we see them play

[...]Andrigo has captured the imagination of those who follow Internacional's youth club' date=' a club that has seen Pato, Sandro, Lucio and Dunga, to name a few, pass through. Ranked the top youth team in Brazil by quite some distance, [...']

[...]a good performance at the Nike will leave Brazil no choice but to get him up to the U17 South Americans in May of 2011.[...]

[...] strong two-footed fifteen year olds with an eye for the goal against the best of his peers don't come along very often. [...]

To quote I'm Scouting's article...

http://www.imscouting.com/global-news-article/Manchester-United-and-Barcelona-battle-over-Brazilian-wonderkid-Andrigo/10748/

The attacker is currently at Brazilian club Internacional Porto Alegre ' date=' which boasts the best youth system in the country. The club has brought through the likes of Tottenham's Sandro , Alexandre Pato and Dunga in the past. Andrigo is thought to be the best of their current crop of teenagers and looks likely to be selected for next year's South American under-17 championships.[/quote']
Andrigo is two-footed' date=' strong and has a good eye for goal.[/quote']

They also use the same photo. And the same video.

Thanks, I'm Scouting. I hope you are going to pay me some of that cash you guys make from the big clubs for ripping my post?

http://www.imscouting.com/global-news-article/Manchester-United-and-Barcelona-battle-over-Brazilian-wonderkid-Andrigo/10748/

Thanks' date=' I'm Scouting. I hope you are going to pay me some of that cash you guys make from the big clubs for ripping my post?[/quote']

haha well you got plenty of people on here to back you up if you need evidence of them lifting your reports!

quick question, is Casemiro worth a punt? i read your post on him and i want to snap him up, but who is his competition for DM? first team prospects? long term prospect? thanks.keep up the good work.

haha well you got plenty of people on here to back you up if you need evidence of them lifting your reports!

quick question' date=' is Casemiro worth a punt? i read your post on him and i want to snap him up, but who is his competition for DM? first team prospects? long term prospect? thanks.keep up the good work.[/quote']

First team: Done. Already a starter, already has 2 goals to his name. Competition for DM? Should be a starter at Sao Paulo and a key man at the U20s this winter. Snap him up? Yes. Now.

I cant find this kid anywhere

That's because he's not on the DB.

Thanks' date=' I'm Scouting. I hope you are going to pay me some of that cash you guys make from the big clubs for ripping my post?[/quote']

Hmmm, interesting. I'm now going to check if IMScouting ripped some of my scout posts as well. Unfortunately, plagiarism isn't a crime.

First team: Done. Already a starter' date=' already has 2 goals to his name. Competition for DM? Should be a starter at Sao Paulo and a key man at the U20s this winter. Snap him up? Yes. Now.[/quote']

sorry DM / defensive midfield, i mean which players are competing for his place in the side?

Rodrigo Souto and Cleber Santana. He's ahead of both. Both are 88' date=' if I'm not mistaken.[/quote']

brilliant. also what can you tell me about Lucas Silva of sao paulo? not on SM i think though.

brilliant. also what can you tell me about Lucas Silva of sao paulo? not on SM i think though.

Yeah' date=' he's on. I have a post about him in my thread. Known as back then. One of my favourite players.

[url']http://forum.soccermanager.com/showpost.php?p=1116512&postcount=91[/url]