Abou Diaby 89 -> 90

SGIBBO1

Abou Diaby currently plays for Arsenal as a central midfielder, Last season he played 2321 Minutes for Arsenal scoring 6 goals, he also stood out in France's terrible world cup group stage with his trick solo runs.

However his team mate Alexandre Song (90) played 2239 minuted which is less than Abou Diaby and only scoring one goal, and even with France's terrible run of form i cant say cameroon have done much better.

So basically all i want to know is why there is one rating between these two?

Re: Abou Diaby 89 -> 90

Abou Diaby currently plays for Arsenal as a central midfielder' date=' Last season he played 2321 Minutes for Arsenal scoring 6 goals, he also stood out in France's terrible world cup group stage with his trick solo runs.

However his team mate Alexandre Song (90) played 2239 minuted which is less than Abou Diaby and only scoring one goal, and even with France's terrible run of form i cant say cameroon have done much better.

So basically all i want to know is why there is one rating between these two?[/quote']

Because Diaby is below average in an Arsenal shirt and will never be a great midfielder. He wasn't that good for France either apart from the game against Uruguay he was poor, such as the SA game where he gifted them a goal with a miskick. Compared to other 89 rated players who should be 90 Diaby hardly has much of a shout. Just look at Diaby's brilliant own goal at Old Trafford for more examples of his appalling defensive technique.

Song is rated higher than Diaby because he was a stand out performer for Arsenal last season and easily one of their top 3 players along with Fabregas and Vermaelen. He only scored 1 goal because he is a defensive midfielder and it isn't his job to score goals whereas Diaby is a more attacking based player and 6 goals is hardly anything for an attack minded centre midfielder. Song broke his way into the Cameroon team and Arsenal first teams because he has deserved to. He didn't play the 2nd leg against Barcelona and look what happened...

Oh and for the guy below saying Song 90>89 i think you should watch golf instead.

Because Diaby is below average in an Arsenal shirt and will never be a great midfielder. He wasn't that good for France either apart from the game against Uruguay he was poor' date=' such as the SA game where he gifted them a goal with a miskick. Compared to other 89 rated players who should be 90 Diaby hardly has much of a shout. Just look at Diaby's brilliant own goal at Old Trafford for more examples of his appalling defensive technique.

Song is rated higher than Diaby because he was a stand out performer for Arsenal last season and easily one of their top 3 players along with Fabregas and Vermaelen. He only scored 1 goal because he is a defensive midfielder and it isn't his job to score goals whereas Diaby is a more attacking based player and 6 goals is hardly anything for an attack minded centre midfielder. Song broke his way into the Cameroon team and Arsenal first teams because he has deserved to. He didn't play the 2nd leg against Barcelona and look what happened...

Oh and for the guy below saying Song 90>89 i think you should watch golf instead.[/quote']

I personally think Diaby was one of Arsenals best players last season. He is a very good player. (I have no idea why people under-rated him..) Sure, he made an bad header against United, but he did alot of good things last season. Hes added goals to his game, and has some nice trickery.

I dont think you should judge the WC games, as every France player was awful.

He will be a regular again next season, and if he performs as well as he did last season, then 90 is guaranteed

minutes only really make a rise for the lower divisons, obviously they help but in terms of minutes Casillas/Puyol would be 99's if that was the case.

It's about performances and Song is a far, far better player then Diaby.

But wait for him to kick a ball this season before prediciting him to rise.

Diaby a 90? No.

Last season his inconsistency as central midfielder caused Arsenal points. Yes, I know he has the trickery and flair but no end product most of the time. He flops at big games and is as good as Arshavin at defending.

From an Arsenal fan.

Because Diaby is below average in an Arsenal shirt and will never be a great midfielder. He wasn't that good for France either apart from the game against Uruguay he was poor' date=' such as the SA game where he gifted them a goal with a miskick. Compared to other 89 rated players who should be 90 Diaby hardly has much of a shout. Just look at Diaby's brilliant own goal at Old Trafford for more examples of his appalling defensive technique.

Oh and for the guy below saying Song 90>89 i think you should watch golf instead.[/quote']

Well said, especially the last sentence :)

Although I believe diaby will be good if only he concentrates and has the attitude of bendtner. If u watch the games closely, diaby being a CM never backtracks, even though the opposition is near the penalty area with the ball, and a few yards in front of him.

Guess, who rushes in to get the ball away from those players? yep, bendtner!

i definitely can't see how diaby is crappier than mikel john obi by 2 rating difference

but anyway... arsenal players are always underated in this game and you know this fact too end of story

Only some are under-rated. We havent won a trophy for ages, so cant really have too many high rated players.

But Diaby is under-rated on this game. A regular for a 3rd best team in England, and champions league football. Comape that to some of Citys midfielders, then its under-rated.