STATS:

Games played: 2

Minutes played: 113

Goals: 0

Assists: 0

Cards: 0/0

Europa League: 2 appearences/ 172 minutes/ 1 goal

Portuguese cup: 1 appearence/ 1 assist/ 45 minutes

Diogo Salomao is a young talented player who, actually, plays in Sporting CP.

Salomao started his carreer in Estrela da Amadora young teams with only 6 years old, with 13 he moved to Damaiense returning again to Amadora with 16. With 18 years Salomao moved to Casa Pia a small club which plays in portuguese 4th division. He stayed in Casa Pia 3 seasons and was considered one of the best young players of the competition, being observed by several clubs, like Sporting. In 2009 Salomao moved to Real Massama, a club which is a kind of Sporting B team where he was the revelation player thanks to the 5 goals he scored and a lot of assists he made.

His great performances led to a call to the U-21 NT.

This season Diogo Salomao was surprisingly transfered to Sporting, he signed a 4 years contract and his actually playing in Sporting's XI.

Features and future

Diogo Salomao is a great talent as a good winger is quick, has good technic, is strong in 1 to 1 plays and make excellent crosses. His favourite foot is the left one but he can also play with the right with quality.

Salomao has a great future in his front, he is being the greatest surprise of Sporting in this pre-season, all expected his loan but with great exibhitions he is playng an important role and he will be part of Sporting's squad not as a starter (for now) but he will be an important back-up.

Look to the assist of Diogo Salomao on Sporting's first goal

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Re: Diogo Salomao, new Sporting talent

Muy bien jugador.

Whenever I've watched him, he has always been making an impact in the game and as Sporting usually plays very sloppy, he is always making a good contribution when he comes in. Yesterday, I happened to watch Sporting's game in Taca do Portugal against Estoril, and of course Salomão made an impact in that game.

In the first half, Sporting lacked any breakthrough in the game and Estoril effectively destroyed Sporting's attack through the flanks, but when Salomão got came in the 2nd half, thing started to change. He and Evaldo had a great partership on the left-flank, and it was enjoyable to see this young player tear apart Estoril's defence with Evaldo and Salomão was the key to victory yesterday.

I really hope this kid gets some more chances... He'll be big.

Muy bien jugador.

Whenever I've watched him' date=' he has always been making an impact in the game and as Sporting usually plays very sloppy, he is always making a good contribution when he comes in. Yesterday, I happened to watch Sporting's game in Taca do Portugal against Estoril, and of course Salomão made an impact in that game.

In the first half, Sporting lacked any breakthrough in the game and Estoril effectively destroyed Sporting's attack through the flanks, but when Salomão got came in the 2nd half, thing started to change. He and Evaldo had a great partership on the left-flank, and it was enjoyable to see this young player tear apart Estoril's defence with Evaldo and Salomão was the key to victory yesterday.

I really hope this kid gets some more chances... He'll be big.[/quote']

Salomao is class. At this moment he is the most creative player in Sporting's squad, he was the key for the victory yesterday and i don't understand why he isn't a starter because he is much better than Valdes.

Salomao is class. At this moment he is the most creative player in Sporting's squad' date=' he was the key for the victory yesterday and i don't understand why he isn't a starter because he is much better than Valdes.[/quote']

Yup, he is very creative... alongside Mati (when put on the ''tip'' in the diamond midfield), they are the most creative players in Sporting, in my opinion.

Yeah, I still don't know why Salomao still isn't a starter. When Sporting doesn't play a 4-4-2 (diamond style) and thus, losing Mati's creativeiness as he is putting out wide which isn't he prefered position, their man focus is to attack through the wings. Valdes has got 1 or 2 many chances, like you said, and it's ridicolous to see a promising and creative player like Salomao, who could that ''extra thing'', on the bench. Valdes ain't aswell a player with creativity and he is definately in-form. This lack of creativity has lead to Sporting dropping far to many points in the league, as the more ''beatable teams'' puts 10 men behind the ball in order to snatch a draw or in the best case, get full 3 points. If Sporting would put Mati in the AM position and Salomao on a wing they would have creativeness from 2 players and at the same time and then would could perhaps see some changes.

Is his profile information wrong? Because i read on this thread that he is a left-footed but his profile shows he's right-footed:confused:

Yes' date=' the profile information is wrong. Salomao he's a lefy-footed. I will send a ticket to correct this. Thanks for the info.:)

BTW, here is the goal of Salomao against Genk