English Championship 7046 Discussion Thread

TheDuffman

Re: English Championship 7046 Discussion Thread

From the good fellow who predicted turn 9 in DIV 1 ^^^^^

:P dont like the term rookie after 2 years on SM 160 rep not bad in fairness (even if i am so far been shown up by Holiday Mode) out smarted by Dudeskin :D (well who hasn't been ! :( ) 2-1 loss is the verdict i can understand that point of view however.

Nah just some banter mate :), I'm sure now you're back you'll race up the table lol :P

Nice one! Can bring in another first teamer now! Too bad i've had a couple of suspensions' date=' anyway i won on Wednesday and my team's fitness isn't majorly low. Currently 11th in the table, not bad for: "Accrington Stanley ... who are they" well there doing a lot better then predicted as suggests the extra investment to the club (if you can see it that way) and now hopefully i can try and keep on in this vain further onto the season, as a lot can change from here.[/left']

Seriously, what's with these random cash handouts?! I was given £43M in WC2. Someone at SM is feeling exceedingly generous!

Seriously' date=' what's with these random cash handouts?! I was given £43M in WC2. Someone at SM is feeling exceedingly generous![/quote']

Something to do with my starting value, realistically i was about 750k below the 2nd worst team. That's the lowest, and the lowest are so much worse then the best in Division 4.

Something to do with my starting value' date=' realistically i was about 750k below the 2nd worst team. That's the lowest, and the lowest are so much worse then the best in Division 4.[/quote']

Granted that the little teams deserve a top-up, but it still does seem rather random. For my WC2 Boro team it's the 13th season, I'm in div 1, and I already had 15M+ in the bank?! Hardly the lowest of the low so I don't really know what's going on!

Well nice to see that the banter's upped a notch again. And ouch, the knives are out on the match report thread!

Doncaster Rovers vs Middlebrough

Doncaster have recently improved vastly with 3 wins in 4 moving them up to 9th in the table. Boro have also had a miraculous rebirth and are currently unbeaten in SEVEN games in the league' date=' there are numerous rumours flying around that match fixing is behind it some how funded by Casillas wages but the police are yet to secure any hard evidence. They even managed to beat a team from league 2 in the cup so investigations will of course need to be turned up a level. Sadly for Norwich they'll probably get away with it tonight as well. [/font']

Boro 2 - 0 Noriwch

The club would like to report that there is officially "no comment" with regards to the match fixing allegations. "We are working with police on this matter and have full confidence that we will be absolved of all involvement, and that the false charges will be proven to be be no more that scandelous mudslinging, most probaby in a Geordie accent"

Middlesbrough manager arrested

Nice retort Stones, personal insults aside that is...

I just wanted to share a post I did elsewhere of what is possibly my most carefully planned transfer success ever. Comments are appreciated:

http://forum.soccermanager.com/showthread.php?t=70406

Nice post. That was very lucky that you got the player. I have got to say that I have never attempted something like that as I am far to impatient to do anything like that. Also the video was great. Even the LEverkusen players found it funny.

I just can't find a league victory in this set-up. For some reason I don't get good results on any team on the account this team is on.

But in some good news for Wolves Douglas Costa go a small rise of +2 to 86 which should give me some decent back up.

To be fair though the longest run you've had with any of your 10 teams is just 30 games' date=' less than a season, so give it time and it should work out...

fantastic bit of advice mate GREAT READ and i WILL use some of that:p

Thanks, I though it was pretty inspired (or maybe it's obvious and everyone's doing it?). Let me know in a few months how you get on...

Nice post. That was very lucky that you got the player. I have got to say that I have never attempted something like that as I am far to impatient to do anything like that. Also the video was great. Even the LEverkusen players found it funny.

You're right, luck played a huge role. If just one other team had transfer-listed him then I'd have had to duke it out. So I guess it only works in some situations, certainly not for the best players.

To be fair though the longest run you've had with any of your 10 teams is just 30 games' date=' less than a season, so give it time and it should work out...

Thanks, I though it was pretty inspired (or maybe it's obvious and everyone's doing it?). Let me know in a few months how you get on...[/quote']

They are probably being harsh on me for not sticking with my clubs on this account.

im trying it in a gc to get the former sporting braga goalie (plays for genoa now i think?) EDUARDO' date=' Carvalho[/quote']

Oh yeah, and that's the other tip that I forgot to mention, it kinda doesn't work if you tell anyone who you are going after...;)

Ahh I just realized I never made a match report for the Hull City game! And I have so much banter to feed off of! Will definitely put one up before Sat's games.

Also Jooles, that is genius! I've never tried it because I honestly do not have the patience, but MAJOR kudos to you for pulling it off.

EDIT: Also, Egypt destroyed the MIGHTY MALTANS 4-1 today! Aboutreika, Zaki, and Fathi taught them how football is really played :P

Watch out Plymouth Fc' date=' Swindon Town Are Going up![/quote']

I'm going for the win, whether you like it or not. I wouldn't mind taking a point though..:P

Get your Goalkeeper and your defence ready, it's not going to be a easy ride with the likes of Huntelaar and Top-scorer Edu upfront..:D

I'm going for the win' date=' whether you like it or not. I wouldn't mind taking a point though..:P

Get your Goalkeeper and your defence ready, it's not going to be a easy ride with the likes of Huntelaar and Top-scorer Edu upfront..:D[/quote']

That is the only worry!

Maybe my defence can show some Talent :)

LOL' date=' that's dedication ! :P[/quote']
Jooles that was an amnazing Idea and you have great Patience :) well done mate.

Also Facundo Bertoglio Rose from 82-86 at Wigan :)

Also Jooles' date=' that is genius! I've never tried it because I honestly do not have the patience, but MAJOR kudos to you for pulling it off.[/quote']

Thanks lads, nice of you to say so. And yes Nick, you've gotta love them when they start to rise into the mid 80s.

:) big game tonight, in all fairness tonight's game and my SMFA shield game on the 6th will be make or break games and will certainly decide my further participation in this set up, A-Levels this year for me so im slowly dropping down a peg or two on team's i no longer care for