• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dom Latouche

• Jooles

• sirmarkhughes

• craig

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: English Championship 7046 Discussion Thread LATEST ARTICLE ADDED TO THE BLOG... ENGLISH CHAMPIONSHIP 7046'S TOP 25 LEAGUE GOAL SCORERS http://www.ec7046-blog.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/english

English Championship 7046(51429) Set Up Creator (Aaron Duffy) Game World Id : 51429 Clubs Taken 80/80 (100%) Welcome to one of the most active and competitive Set Ups on Soccer Manager.

Re: English Championship 7046 Discussion Thread

Posted Images

I'm gonna do one for Division 2 only as all 4 are just too much. If the first one goes well and people like it then they can do it for their divisions. It will put up as a thread for English Championship: Team of the Turn either the day after the wednesday matches or on the day' date=' after the results are in.[/quote']

I look forward to seeing how it turns out but every turn might become a little too much so you might want to cut it down to every 5-10 turns etc. :)

The offer for David CORNELL of Swansea City from Accrington Stanley has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours

Happy with this, not sure if i'll have the finances for the deal to go through if the deal doesn't go through after Wednesday. Hopefully i'll be able to bring in young Casey Thomas aswell, like him but not sure i'll have the funds - only have £35,000 - £15,000 left.

I was thinking something similar to that.

At the same time though I don't think we should be taking on too much this early on.

Ok I will go with dudeskin's idea and only cut down to around every 5 turns. But maybe we have enough things going with the match reports and match previews. Anyone got any ideas to something that could be better? or is the game world fine as it is?

At the same time though I don't think we should be taking on too much this early on.

Hence my reservations about Jooles's master plan of all Div's having previews, only last turn was it me doing previews for just 4 games. Now suddenly we have all Div's covered and now talk of "Team of the Turn" style gimics, it really needs to slow down an awful lot and just wait till we have it up to 50% full of forumers not until then will this whole thing ever really get off the ground. ;)

I look forward to seeing how it turns out but every turn might become a little too much so you might want to cut it down to every 5-10 turns etc. :)

Yeah' date=' like team of the month you mean?

Hence my reservations about Jooles's master plan of all Div's having previews' date=' only last turn was it me doing previews for just 4 games. Now suddenly we have all Div's covered and now talk of "Team of the Turn" style gimics, it really needs to slow down an awful lot and just wait till we have it up to 50% full of forumers not until then will this whole thing ever really get off the ground. ;)[/quote']

But yeah, I agree with you both, right now we should be aiming to: 1) Make sure that the league is full; 2) Encourage all managers to keep active on the forum; 3) Ensure that the previews work (getting #3 running smoothly helps with #'s 1 & 2).

So with that last point in mind you to make sure here's what I've got people down for:

Wednesday's:

Div 1: dudeskin8

Div2: BC Cliffs

Div 3: swindon1991

Div 4: R0b Walse (needing to alternate every other Wed. ANYONE?; Rob also wants someone to do Dagenham's preview when he's doing his predictions - dudeskin8? BC Cliffs?)

Saturday's

Div 1: Adam D

Div2: BiggameMo

Div 3: Predator (Sat)

Div 4: AFC Chewis

Perhaps I could suggest that if any of you can't do your weekly preview that you PM your 'back-to-back' and have them fill in for you, basically to just work it out amongst yourselves so that we always get the previews done?

And I see no harm in people wanting to do extra things off their own initiative (like 3lton's team of the week/month), everything extra is a bonus, but like others say let's just get the basics streamlined first.

Happy with this' date=' not sure if i'll have the finances for the deal to go through if the deal doesn't go through after Wednesday. Hopefully i'll be able to bring in young Casey Thomas aswell, like him but not sure i'll have the funds - only have £35,000 - £15,000 left.[/quote']

You can have Casey for 10k fella!

I've got them done' date=' just waiting for tomorrow to unleash them. :D[/quote']

last game in the group im already into the knock out rounds ;) My form in that competition is great.

theres only really Everton, Sunderland and west ham to worry about as they have gold managers running the ship :)

Been talking to my assistant manager ;) You know who you are. Tottenham are looking for....

90+GK

90+Defender

90+CF

If you selling anyone that Falls into that Group then PM me in game i can do P/E or cash depends

Gomez,Kanoute and Palacios all to go if i can find the right replacements :)

Okay' date=' the SMFA cup and shield previews are up. Any constructive feedback on the formatting is appreciated. :)[/quote']

All the info etc is good but I personally would prefer them to be refered to purely as the Champions/Europa League, saying SMFA Cup/Shield takes a lot of the magic/realism out of it if you know what I mean ? :o

Thanks for the feedback lads, I'll have a think about taking it on board.

Maybe add a bit more colour next time' date=' but other than that great stuff![/quote']

I'll see about colour. Personally I prefer not to throw in all sorts of colours when it's really the info that people want. People don't really put it in elsewhere, see EC5579 previews for example and it looks fine. dudeskin8's previews are an exception of course!

All the info etc is good but I personally would prefer them to be refered to purely as the Champions/Europa League' date=' saying SMFA Cup/Shield takes a lot of the magic/realism out of it if you know what I mean ? :o[/quote']

I know what you're saying and I'll think about it (unless others give a clear indication on what they'd prefer). I've posted this thought elsewhere, but it seems to me that there are two kinds of people on SM, those that want to strive for as much realism with the actual game, and those that see SM as just being similar, but really being it's own thing. I'm in the latter camp, and so just see division 1 as division 1, not the premiership, etc. And these competitions are called the SMFA Cup/Shield after all. Not sure I will, but I'll have a think about maybe changing it.

im gunna be doing the divi 3 games now

Top man. Perhaps you could delay/delete your post until you have all of the reports done and then post it on the actual matchday, rather than beforehand where it might get buried by the time matchday comes around? That way you'll get more people looking at it.

Well I've basically sold everyone now and have quite a big budget to play with,I have spent £2.6 Million on Dalla Bona,Enakarhire and Salou,they were all cheap and all rated at 80 and were the cheapest players for there respective position,I can't see any of them dropping before there T/B is up so they should be big players for me,my main problem though is that most of my backup players are 10kers so hopefully I can bring some better players in now,hopefully if I can find players that are rated between 75-80 and should warrant a rise to around the 82-83 mark then it will help my team a lot.