TheDuffman

English Championship 7046 Discussion Thread

Guest drseanfitz

Re: English Championship 7046 Discussion Thread

Charlton book there playoff place with a nervy 3-2 home win over the Hammers.

Great stuff as we havent been out the top six all season.

The fairytale continues for Charlton after promotion last season:)

congrats, all or nothing game for me, and I got nothing.

But at least Cardozo showed he can take Pazzini's place.

Swansea secure their play off spot with a 2-0 win over Oldham who sat 3rd. They used three of my players against me aswell, Stoch, Teixiera and Tadic, git!

Ayew faces a 1 game ban, so may need to recall a winger.

Good season though lads, turned out alright the Jacks after :L

ec7046millwallbanner.jpg

Millwall finished the season in a respectable 9th place.

Millwall totally turned their season around after finding themselves bottom of the table and looking at Div-4 in the face.

MARCUS BERG (CF) was purchased and this certainly helped as he scored 14 goals in 22 matches. Millwall went on to have their longest unbeaten run - in a row - in the club's history (13 matches).

WWWWDWWWDDWWW

Millwall would like to thank the managers who loaned us some great players.

What a dramatic final day for Sheffield Wednesday who were in 19th place before this match . Both Chesterfield(18th) and Dagenham(17th) lost their last game . Muniesa scores the winning goal vs Yeovil at 73th minute to avoid from relegation .

Thanks to Bristol and Hull for loaning me their player :D

We conclude an awesome season with a 2-0 defeat to Derby. Dead chuffed with how i've done this season, winning the title at a canter with a very average squad. I can't wait til next season.

Bring on the big boyz!! :D

Charlton book there playoff place with a nervy 3-2 home win over the Hammers.

Great stuff as we havent been out the top six all season.

The fairytale continues for Charlton after promotion last season:)

Really happy for you mate, its the least you deserve after the season you've had! I will be rooting for you in the play-offs :)

Saints Pinch Play Off Spot!

Grosvenor's first season ends on a high as Tranmere draw

Brentford 1 - 3 Southampton

Griffin Park - Attendence: 5,588

Gaitan (17, 65)

Nadson (75)

Avdic (78)

Great win against a team who could've leap-frogged us. Tranmere sensationally drew with bottom club, Brisol Rovers.

This means we jump into 6th place with 60 points, 1 point ahead of Tranmere.

Good luck everyone in the play offs!

Thanks to the guys that loaned me players this season. All played a part at some stage.

Will once again be using the loan market as i go about getting Tranmere out of division.

Anybody who is wanting to get some of the better fringe players off the wage bill and getting some game time please please get in touch.

Money will once again be tight at Prenton Park so the loan market is a god send.

You just about nicked 10th place :P

Beat Liverpool 4-3 away with a weakened team to finish 11th' date=' I must say that I am very happy with the way we have performed this season, even if we could've finished much higher if we turned a few draws into wins.

[b']M'Vila also finishes his Sheffield career with 10 goals which isn't bad, hopefully Moutinho goes one better next season for us ;) Bring on next season![/b]

Trust me, Moutinho is rubbish in the game.. just check his stats :o Anyway, for next season, looking forward to some new arrivals, which includes Lukaku, M'Vila, Rodwell and De Bruyne.

Wolves 1-2 Man City

This win doesn't really mean anything, nevertheless we end with a win. City finish in 13th.

Most loans have been re-called, will re-call the rest tomorrow. Over the next couple of days, I will write up a list of players available to loan next season.

Looking forward to next season! Surprised Sunderland went down this season, they have a good team - surely they must be contender for the most underachieving manager along with me :D

Excuse for my horrible league position - I took over this club earlier in the season, and throughout have been purchasing and selling players, so technically the squad was not ready (The squad has been completely changed, bar a few players). However, by next season we should be gearing to go.. get ready Liverpool, United, Spurs, Middlesbrough, Chelsea.. and Sheffield :D

Apologies for my lack of involvement on the thread.

Stoke are down but going down with pride as we have picked up 2 wins against Leeds and Wolves and travel to Wigan tonight and hopefully break the 30 point mark.

Took the side over in a desperate situation and relegation was always on the cards' date=' so bring on Div 2. Also nice to see Samuel Eto'o starting to bag some goals, and also [b']nice to see he is a 94[/b], could have been worse.

Yea, I was a tad disappointed, was expecting a 93 at most. Now I feel kind of bad for selling him :mad::(

We win our final game of the season 3-1, but more tactical questions to be answered as we only won after half-time changes, which were my original tactics that I changed for this game.

Quite a rollercoaster season; can't say I fancy my chances in these playoffs, but at least I have home advantage for this game, and I suppose we'll see where we go from there...

A 3-3 draw with Will's Villa' date=' poor result considering I was 3-0 at half time but I'm still in the play-offs against Zak's Swansea, who I haven't beat so far in this set-up :o[/quote']

Best of luck Jacky :)

Bury finish 8th in Division 2

Improved on last season so thats gotta be a plus

Only 3 points off the play-offs:eek:

Drew 0-0 with QPR who have beem promoted

How Bury did not win tonight I will never know....Stats totally in our favour

69 % Possesion.....and shots were very one sided......

But even if we had won we would not have managed the play-offs

Good luck to QPR next season in Division 1:)

Had Menez recalled,if he has been with me all season thats not unfair to have him for the playoffs is it?

I know loaning players is frowned upon for the playoffs,but its cool if he has played for you before the playoffs i thought.

Had Menez recalled' date='if he has been with me all season thats not unfair to have him for the playoffs is it?

I know loaning players is frowned upon for the playoffs,but its cool if he has played for you before the playoffs i thought.[/quote']

If you've had him for most of the regular season, I don't see why not.

Walsall slumped to a 3 - 1 defeat against Ipswich Town in their Division 3 fixture.

Dost was on the scoresheet for his side.

Finished the season on a loss but achieved my goal of survival so overall pretty pleased, now time to try and bring in 1 or 2 fresh faces for next season and push on

2-2 draw with Fulham.

Was gonna play a weakened side but just couldn't stand losing to Latouche lol :P Also that formation of his seemed to work quite well. :D

8th placed finish for us in the end which is partly down to too many draws in the final few games, 3 wins from them would have seen us 4th. :o

Another mediocre finish and actually worst than last season which is a shame, but again with new addition in Pazzini hopefully improve on that next term. ;)

Guest drseanfitz

Another mediocre finish and actually worst than last season which is a shame' date=' but again with new addition in Pazzini hopefully improve on that next term. ;)[/quote']

so now that I've sold you Pazzini - do I get an invite to the social grouup?

A poor result for Dagenham last night as we lose 3-0 at Crystal Palace and subsequently get relegated to Div 4.After all the hard work last season to get promoted i'm a bit gutted we couldn't manage to stay up.Never mind,i think we can do alright next season.Congratulations to everyone who won something this season,and to those that suffered like me,onwards and upwards.Just looking forward to next season now.

Guest drseanfitz

Friedrich, 89CB, goes external unless someone can match the 7.4 in the next hour or so