TheDuffman

English Championship 7046 Discussion Thread

Re: English Championship 7046 Discussion Thread

Thanks Sop' date=' unlucky bud!

As Sop said, Tottenham beat Manchester United 2-1 in the Champions League final thanks to goals from Ba and Gerrard. The win means I lift my first European trophy in this setup....in fact it's my first European trophy in any setup haha. Very happy :D[/quote']

Congrats on the trophy sunshine.

Voting I forgot about that - whens the deadline seal fiddler?

Good man. Probably until around Saturday' date=' so there's time. Here's the instructions again. Vote in as many or as few as you like :)

Voting is open as soon as the last league game finishes on Wednesday and is open to all current 7046 managers regardless of how long you've been in the set-up.

There are 3 ways to vote: You can vote publicly in the Members club by posting in the new Season 4 awards thread (all categories are also listed here - PM Dudeskin if you're not a member), you can post openly on my wall, or you can PM me.

Every current manager is eligible to vote, and please (Mo), no voting for yourself. Here are the categories:

Season 4 awards:

For Each Division (you can vote for all 4 divisions, or if you choose just the one you are in)

Manager (Club) of the season:

Player of the season (please list player and club):

Young player of the season (23-and-under) (please list player and club):

Most under-achieving manager/club:

Most over-achieving manager/club:

Best transfer deal (please list player and club):

Most successful manager/club in the transfer market:

For the Set-up as a whole

Manager (Club) of the season:

Player of the season (please list player and club):

Young player of the season (23-and-under) (please list player and club):

Most under-achieving manager/club:

Most over-achieving manager/club:

Most promising manager (must have just joined this season):

Best team rivalry:

The Houdini Award (for best relegation escape act):

Best transfer deal (please list player and club):

Worst manager for overuse of the 3-5-2:

Most successful manager/club in the transfer market:

The Fall from grace award (manager/team that failed to live up to past seasons):

Most entertaining Division this season:

Best tactician:

Club Hopper Supreme!:

Other

Best forum contributor:

Best Transfer/Match Reports:

Previewer of the Season:

Forum personality of the season:

The Come Back We Miss You Award (for either a current or departed manager/forumer on the 7046 thread):

Story of the season (please list):

Guest drseanfitz

The offer for Daniel VAN BUYTEN of Norwich City from West Ham United has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

cost me fetfatzidis and 2.5mil. but see's norwich pull out of the oblak race(which I would have lost)

pleasure dealing with Jozua ( and sorry Ben, but you were good to deal with as well)

cost me fetfatzidis and 2.5mil. but see's norwich pull out of the oblak race(which I would have lost)

pleasure dealing with Jozua ( and sorry Ben' date=' but you were good to deal with as well)[/quote']

No problem Sean. It's been a great night for us already tonight! I hope both players do well for their new clubs :)

pleasure dealing with Jozua ( and sorry Ben' date=' but you were good to deal with as well)[/quote']

I'm very happy with that deal, i hope he does well for you mate.

No problem Sean. It's been a great night for us already tonight! I hope both players do well for their new clubs :)

Cheers Ben, a gentleman as always :)

What was Gerrard doing in the crowd? :eek: We'll be having words....

Edit: Thanks Joshhhhhh :)

Very nice spot! :P I've said that myself elsewhere when I used that pic but no-one agreed :rolleyes:

And cheers too Jozua, I hope so ;)

Still looking to shift Fabiano. Cash would most likely do. If not then one other player and a bit of cash would be lovely. Or just two players. Anything really.

90 rated CF and will keep his rating for at least another 5 months, if not more.

Very nice spot! :P I've said that myself elsewhere when I used that pic but no-one agreed :rolleyes:

Ive just seen your MR which was excellent by the way , A real real treat to read :)

But I noticed one tiny piece of information I had to laugh at , You scrimping on bargin buys while classing my fulham as having fancy players :P

My fulham has fancy players but I just didnt like the comparision to your bargin buys when you have the lights of aguero in the side :P

Never read so much rubbish on the forum :P

Ive just seen your MR which was excellent by the way ' date=' A real real treat to read :)

But I noticed one tiny piece of information I had to laugh at , You scrimping on bargin buys while classing my fulham as having fancy players :P

My fulham has fancy player but I just didnt like the comparision to your bargin buys when you have the lights of aguero in the side :P

Never read so much rubbish on the forum :P[/quote']

Cheers. In fairness though all my money did go on Casillas and Xavi in season 1, forcing me to rely on old timers and find risers. In Season 2 it then all went on Gomez, again forcing me to scrimp and save elsewhere. I guess I was just lucky that Studge was desperate for a CF allowing me to swap Gomez for Aguero :D

Other than that the rest have come from relying on picking up cheap high-rated players (the likes of Conca, Reveillere, and Cisse) while working hard with risers to finally build up the youth prospects (it's only in recent seasons we've been able to pick up the likes of Dede, Rouz, Alvarez, Bargfrede, etc.).

Outside of those few big stars many of my top-rated lads are on their way down. I'll be desperate for a Gattuso replacement pretty soon :o

Yeah' date=' good report Jooles, nice to read. However, this sentence is slightly misleading :D[/quote']

Gotta disagree with you there Pred, it's Xavi that pulls the strings at Barca not Messi ;)

Cheers. In fairness though all my money did go on Casillas and Xavi in season 1' date=' forcing me to rely on old timers and find risers. In Season 2 it then all went on Gomez, again forcing me to scrimp and save elsewhere. I guess I was just lucky that Studge was desperate for a CF allowing me to swap Gomez for Aguero :D

Other than that the rest have come from relying on picking up cheap high-rated players (the likes of Conca, Reveillere, and Cisse) while working hard with risers to finally build up the youth prospects (it's only in recent seasons we've been able to pick up the likes of Dede, Rouz, Alvarez, Bargfrede, etc.).

[/quote']

Well you cannot really complain about buying high rated players as the bargins have been there , Koscelny who will rise to 90 soon brought for 8 million , Benatia 5.1 million etc so you thats down to you being too lazy! :D

The offer for Pinheiro KLEBER of Fulham from Hull City has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

Stuart Downing + Carl jenkinson + Dennis dirkmier for Mabo Maiga and Pinheiro kleber :)

So in the last few days

Downing in for Nolito

Bojan in for Maiga

Dennis Dirkmier and carl jenkinson for Kleber :)

Took a long time to get a deal done with no fault to either me or racky but it was very nice to get downing in especally :)

Very pleased with my work in the last few days :)

Got a bid accepted on the young midfielder Vadis Odjijda. The 23 year old playing for Bruge is doing well this year, rose in November and should rise to 88 when they are reviewed again.

He's been eyed up by a few big clubs in the past, so hopefully he'll get his move soon and prove himself in a bigger league.

Another younger face in the team anyways. Is always good to have around :P

Well you cannot really complain about buying high rated players as the bargins have been there ' date=' Koscelny who will rise to 90 soon brought for 8 million , Benatia 5.1 million etc so you thats down to you being too lazy! :D [/quote']

Oh yeah, I'd forgotten all about the Koscelny 'guilt' transfer after Snooki took your beloved Arsenal ;)

And too lazy? Trust me, there's not a lot left after splashing 32.4M cash on a player, not that you'll ever know that B)

Jooles your match report was a good read but looked like it was scripted by a News Of the World reporter.

And thanks, err I think! :)

Oh yeah' date=' I'd forgotten all about the Koscelny 'guilt' transfer after Snooki took your beloved Arsenal ;)

And too lazy? Trust me, there's not a lot left after splashing 32.4M cash on a player, not that you'll ever know that B)[/quote']

It wasnt a guilt transfer , I negotated the price down as he thought kos was rubbish I did try buy ramsey but he wasnt having it so thats that :P

Your right the most cash Ive spent was 14.2 million on valencia but ive spent it all round the squad and not filled my squad with oaps ;)

You might have a better top end but my time and patience will pay off ;)

You might have a better top end but my time and patience will pay off ;)

Yeah' date=' like in a million seasons :P

Your right the most cash Ive spent was 14.2 million on valencia but ive spent it all round the squad and not filled my squad with oaps ;)

Rather successful OAPs may I add. How exactly are your youngsters doing? :rolleyes:

It wasnt a guilt transfer ' date=' I negotated the price down as he thought kos was rubbish I did try buy ramsey but he wasnt having it so thats that :P [/quote']

Yeah, sure, believe what you will. Besides, Snooki is hardly know for his sound transfers! :P

Yeah' date=' like in a million seasons :P

Rather successful OAPs may I add. How exactly are your youngsters doing? :rolleyes:

Yeah, sure, believe what you will. Besides, Snooki is hardly know for his sound transfers! :P[/quote']

Its all about sustained success which is qualifying for europe for every season at the moment. I know I would rather have munian , sahin and kos then conca , gattuso and carragher :rolleyes::P Most of your youth aint brillant either :D

Yes successful for now but there declining and its going to be tough for you to overhaul your squad :P

Well he asked for 14 million for kos and I managed to knock him down to 8 million and a 5 season loan deal for aaron ramsey which he has kept to his credit :) I never once said he was a smart dealer haha

Its all about sustained success which is qualifying for europe for every season at the moment. I know I would rather have munian ' date=' sahin and kos then conca , gattuso and carragher :rolleyes::P Most of your youth aint brillant either :D[/quote']

Yeah fair enough, you've got me there. Your 4 seasons of failure in Europe (in the SMFA Shield) is way more sustained success than Div 2 champs and Cup runners-up, title challengers, Cup winners and Shield runners-up, and then Div 1 Champs :(

Yes successful for now but there declining and its going to be tough for you to overhaul your squad :P

True' date=' though there's probably more currency in Augero than all of your players put together :P

My first full season with Liverpool and I plan to shake up the top placings :)

What's that Dan, a record breaking 3rd place Liverpool finish? :D

What's that Dan' date=' a record breaking 3rd place Liverpool finish? :D[/quote']

Top 4 would do me ,I might have got there this season as I missed the last 5 or 6 games and the assistant only won 1 of them,I plan on being around for the whole of this season though :)

My record is no bad won 8/ drew 5/ lost 4 hopefully now that I have brought in the new lads it will roll much better.

Just been shopping down External Street and delighted to come back with a few bargains.

Ralf FAHRMANN has completed his move to Walsall from Schalke for £72,000 plus Liborio SANCHEZ and Punch MASENAMELA
Volkan SEN has completed his move to Walsall from Trabzonspor for £102,000 plus Dárvin CHAVEZ and Carvalho CRYSTIAN
Youssouf MULUMBU has completed his move to Walsall from Cagliari for £564,000 plus Aleksandr SAPETA and Joel POHJANPALO
Julián VELAZQUEZ has completed his move to Walsall from Independiente in a swap deal for Israel JIMENEZ

Thought I'd get a lot of competition for this lad, you guys know something I don't??

Bobby ZAMORA has completed his move to Walsall from Olympiacos in a swap deal for Fernando ARISTIGUIETA and Lukas PAUSCHEK

Pleased to bring in Bobby, got some good young talented strikers at the club with Dost, Baba, Pekhart and Zohore so Bobby can come in now and do a job until they're ready for 1st team action

The offer for Tomáš PEKHART of Nuremberg from Walsall has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

May be allowed to leave on loan for the season due to him being 5th choice

The offer for Diego POLENTA of FC Porto from Walsall has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

That's 7 quality deals for little Walsall and hopefully there will be 1 or 2 more additions before the new season as well

Just been shopping down External Street and delighted to come back with a few bargains.

Thought I'd get a lot of competition for this lad' date=' you guys know something I don't??[/b']

Pleased to bring in Bobby, got some good young talented strikers at the club with Dost, Baba, Pekhart and Zohore so Bobby can come in now and do a job until they're ready for 1st team action

May be allowed to leave on loan for the season due to him being 5th choice

That's 7 quality deals for little Walsall and hopefully there will be 1 or 2 more additions before the new season as well

some really nice signings there Tony, especially Velasquez.

Nice young team with some crackin youth prospects and with Dembele and Zamora upfront you should be banging them in in Div 3.

mauro-zarate-05.jpg

Mauro Zarate joins up with his old boss Malone as the clubs 3rd choice starting striker.

Problems in the dressing room Dan? That's some camel's toe Zarate's got. You sure Liverpool did a full medical? I'd be asking questions if I were you :o