English Championship 7046 Discussion Thread

TheDuffman

Re: English Championship 7046 Discussion Thread

Seriously? Come on Craig' date=' you [b']hardly ever post in here anymore[/b], the least you can do is read the article before commenting on it surely.

I take it you read my posts after this one, u will notice i read it - which i dont normally, coz i dont click links.

I don't do much at all due to my ill health

I attend hospital again a week today so hopefully things will get better for me, been housebound since January 2012

I still read the thread to keep updated etc, hopefully i'll be able to post regularly again soon. I post on certain threads where i moderate etc

I'll be back to annoy you all soon :D:D

edit: My Millwall will be lucky to stay in Div-3

Last season was my best ever with a 4th place finish, this season is opposite

but I started in a relegation battle when i took the job, thats the challernge i wanted, so i will need to repeat the results to keep me up.

WELLINGTON, Aparecido for sale,folks. Just put in a bid in :o

If you need to add a youthful prescence to your squad, then he's a good prospect.

Perhaps my fellow canadian Jooles needs to revamp and revitalize the youthfulness in his retirement home he calls Middlesbrough ;)

Perhaps my fellow canadian Jooles needs to revamp and revitalize the youthfulness in his retirement home he calls Middlesbrough ;)
Hmm :rolleyes:

Okay, there's a lot of smack talk going around so let's get the ball rolling. I challenge Orient to a 'youth' friendly. Winner stays on and gets to challenge any team they choose for the next friendly out of those interested. The challenged team gets to pick the age level, so long as the other team has enough players to field a starting 11 :)

Make sense?

So Mario, accept the challenge and let me know what the upper age limit is for our game, including keepers, unless you all think that will make it too hard? We could just ignore the keeper age if you like. Thoughts? May the youngest team (and best Canadian win) :D

Hmm :rolleyes:

Okay' date=' there's a lot of smack talk going around so let's get the ball rolling. I challenge Orient to a 'youth' friendly. Winner stays on and gets to challenge any team they choose for the next friendly out of those interested. The challenged team gets to pick the age level, so long as the other team has enough players to field a starting 11 :)

Make sense?

So Mario, accept the challenge and let me know what the upper age limit is for our game, including keepers, unless you all think that will make it too hard? We could just ignore the keeper age if you like. Thoughts? May the youngest team (and best Canadian win) :D[/quote']

My response:

Leyton Orient have accepted the friendly challenge to play Middlesbrough

I'm ready for this, and their will be alot trash talking and buildup to the "All-Canadian Brawl" this thursday.

I think what we shall set is

1) 25 and under players only

2) An exception of one player over 25 allowed for each team :)

Keep in mind Jooles, I'm in division 4 and youre in division 1. If you lose,It'll be the upset of the century. ;) I will write a few previews leading up to this. May the best Canadian and Manager win :D

btw Jooles, I just noticed you have Aguero :P Oh dear.

My response:

I'm ready for this' date=' and their will be alot trash talking and buildup to the "All-Canadian Brawl" this thursday.

1) 25 and under players only

Keep in mind Jooles, I'm in division 4 and youre in division 1. If you lose,It'll be the upset of the century. ;) I will write a few previews leading up to this. May the best Canadian and Manager win :D

btw Jooles, I just noticed you have Aguero :P Oh dear.[/quote']You're the challenged one so your rules I accept (I like the 1 player exception rule, gives people a little flexibility), bring it on! :)

Keep in mind too that Boro's just a "retirement home." Is this an East vs. West thing BTW? I'm out by the Rockies B)

Any takers to play the winner? B)

You're the challenged one so your rules I accept' date=' bring it on! :)

Keep in mind too that Boro's just a "retirement home." Is this an East vs. West thing BTW? I'm out by the Rockies B)

Any takers to play the winner?[/quote']

Haha :P Ahh that's great, West coast air and the view from the rockies I heard is amazing :o My Great Lakes from the Prairies will flood your mountain :D

Im thinking we can host a "banter" rotary competion. Each week a winner gets to choose ("call out") another manager while trash talking if they have some banter. Whoever doesnt accept any challenge is denounced a coward cause it's just a friendly anyways. The challenged sets the rules in place, mind you it should be agreed by both manager and fair. :)

And we can hype and banter it up with the MR/Transfer Reports thread.

Haha :P Ahh that's great' date=' West coast air and the view from the rockies I heard is amazing :o My Great Lakes from the Prairies will flood your mountain :D

Im thinking we can host a "banter" rotary competion. Each week a winner gets to choose ("call out") another manager while trash talking if they have some banter. Whoever doesnt accept any challenge is denounced a coward cause it's just a friendly anyways. The challenged sets the rules in place, mind you it should be agreed by both manager and fair. :)

And we can hype and banter it up with the MR/Transfer Reports thread.[/quote']Err, okay, but at heart let's try and keep it simple :o In essence, winners stays on and the selected challenging team gets to call the age (and other rules). All other trash talk is welcome but not essential ;)

Elsewhere in bigger matters, following on from jharman's excellent Div 1 turn 26 previews, and Zak's 7046 (:rolleyes:) news round up (drunken phone calls indeed! :eek:), There's a Div 1 title race review up. Totally neutral as always of course :)

Err' date=' okay, but at heart let's try and keep it simple :o In essence, winners stays on and the selected challenging team gets to call the age (and other rules). All other trash talk is welcome but not essential ;)

Elsewhere in bigger matters, following on from jharman's excellent Div 1 turn 26 previews, and Zak's 7046 (:rolleyes:) news round up (drunken phone calls indeed! :eek:), There's a Div 1 title race review up. Totally neutral as always of course :)

Superb stuff from all concerned:)

Thought about doing a Manager of the Month award for each Division, nice and easy to do as i only have to do it at the end of every month and it will be great banter.

I will be doing Octobers later today hopefully, here are the nominees:

Division 1

Ahmad Riva(Huddersfield), Son of Pluto(Man United), Ben Newman(Spurs)

Division 2

Shehan De Kariyak(Wigan), Anthony Maddison(Carlisle), Baillie Gaudin(Bolton)

Division 3

Rick James(Southampton), Daniel Hart(Peterborough), Jonny Eller(Notts County)

Division 4

Stephen Thompson(Barnsley), Daniel Loong(Southend), Josh Harman (Bournemouth)

Ah well' date=' [b']No ADP No Party[/b]..

We lose on penalties to Josh's Bournemouth.

Well done buddy.

Brilliant from Bournemouth! With a second string 11 too by the looks of it. Best of luck in the final :)

Cheers guys, cant believe my second string has gotten to the final, cant make my mind up whether to change to my strongest side or leave them in!!! :P

You're the challenged one so your rules I accept (I like the 1 player exception rule' date=' gives people a little flexibility), bring it on! :)

Any takers to play the winner? B)[/quote']

I will play the winner under those rules B)

I will eat either one of you for breakfeast B)

My response:

I'm ready for this' date=' and their will be alot trash talking and buildup to the "All-Canadian Brawl" this thursday.

[b']1) 25 and under players only [/b]

btw Jooles, I just noticed you have Aguero :P Oh dear.

That rule vs boro is pathetic..he can't even field 5 guys U25.

I will play the winner under those rules B)

I will eat either one of you for breakfeast B)

Well I can't speak for Balotelli but I will accept your challenge next' date=' if I win that is B)

Let's try and make it so the winner has to first try and pick someone who hasn't played so everyone gets a crack at it?

Great idea on the winner stays on Jooles.

Thx. I think I had another great idea once, not that I can remember what it might have been :o

Keeps the set-up lively, with something going on each week, and without the need for anything complicated involving too many people :)

Well I can't speak for Balotelli but I will accept your challenge next' date=' if I win that is B)

Let's try and make it so the winner has to first try and pick someone who hasn't played so everyone gets a crack at it?

Thx. I think I had another great idea once, not that I can remember what it might have been :o

Keeps the set-up lively, with something going on each week, and without the need for anything complicated involving too many people :)[/quote']

Nice to see a few new things happening, been a bit stale recently.

In less interesting news, few players available for cash or PX to the highest bidder from Carlisle. PM on forum or game if interested for the 2 that are on loan.

DIDAC, Vilà - 87 (out on loan) - PX or cash

GARCÍA, Raúl - 88 (out on loan) - PX or cash

GEBHART, Timo - 87 - PX or cash

MUNOZ, Ezequiel - 88 - PX

STOCKER, Valentin - 87 PX

ROLFES, Simon - 91 - PX

CAMBIASSO, Esteban 93 - PX

ALBIOL, Raúl - 90 - PX

CHANTOME, Clément - 89 - PX

NAVAS, Jesús - 92 - PX

Err' date=' okay, but at heart let's try and keep it simple :o In essence, winners stays on and the selected challenging team gets to call the age (and other rules). All other trash talk is welcome but not essential ;)

Nice read Jooles,top quality stuff :)

Thought about doing a Manager of the Month award for each Division' date=' nice and easy to do as i only have to do it at the end of every month and it will be great banter.

I will be doing Octobers later today hopefully, here are the nominees:

[b']Division 1[/b]

Ahmad Riva(Huddersfield), Son of Pluto(Man United), Ben Newman(Spurs)

Division 2

Shehan De Kariyak(Wigan), Anthony Maddison(Carlisle), Baillie Gaudin(Bolton)

Division 3

Rick James(Southampton), Daniel Hart(Peterborough), Jonny Eller(Notts County)

Division 4

Stephen Thompson(Barnsley), Daniel Loong(Southend), Josh Harman (Bournemouth)

Great work

Gossip column found here.

Nice work Zak' date=' makes this gameworld so realistic lol

Err, okay, but at heart let's try and keep it simple :o In essence, winners stays on and the selected challenging team gets to call the age (and other rules). All other trash talk is welcome but not essential ;)

Good work Jooles. Nice to see Man City still have a chance of nicking the title (it's still possible :P) But your right, it really does depend on whether my Argentinian trio can peform..starting tomorrow :D

Nice work harman, great to read - nice to see the M/R thread buzzing again :D

EDIT - and MUTD.. Obama ftw aha!