English Championship 7046 Discussion Thread

TheDuffman

Re: English Championship 7046 Discussion Thread

Tough game v Southampton today' date=' will be lucky to get a point in all honesty, played them in Div 4 last season also once this season, lost all three, its that bloody formation they use to so much success, he's been using the same one for two seasons now and i change mine every week![/quote']

If it ain't broke don't fix it :D

Saints with a decent 5-1 win despite losing Ceto to a red card in the 27th minute, Gourcuff with 2 goals & 3 assists.

Zvonko Zanko steered Preston North End to victory against Rochdale.

Preston North End outclassed Rochdale and beat them 2 - 1 in their Division 2 fixture.

Hazard scored both of the goals for Preston North End and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Unlucky Gary.Good game.

I've made Hazard start scoring :)

When i joined i was level on points with 18th now I'm 12 points away.Which is good and I'm 7 points away from 7th.Where i believe i was like 12 points away from when i joined.

Tranmere 2-1 Gillingham

Dimitris Salpingidis put us ahead, Stijn Schaars put them on level terms, Ayila Yussuf got the winner from range, 2-1 win, unlucky Jon.

Busy night for Yussuf, he managed to get the winner, his 5th yellow card of the season which means hes banned for a game, along with a injury that keeps him out for a week, Ive got Gum anyway who will probably play with Cannavaro next game.

We stay in 3rd place.

3 wins in a row, its been needed aswell, we visit Wycombe at the weekend, that will be a tough game.

Man it's been a while since I've commented here; had to catch up on six pages of banter! But I suppose that's how you know you're in the best setup on SM.

Anyway, Forest follow up their 1-0 win over bottom of the table Barnsley with a 1-0 win over former top of the table Fulham. You're welcome Liverpool.

As it has been for a while now, a top 10 finish will be a success for Forest. It's been an up and down season, and Nesta's -3 really hit the team hard early on after it looked like we might be good enough for a title challenge.

Only 8 points separate 5th and 16th though, so anything could happen over the next few games.

Also, I think my runners-up finish in the English Shield in Season 1 should be credited Jooles!

Anyway' date=' Forest follow up their 1-0 win over bottom of the table Barnsley with a 1-0 win over former top of the table Fulham. You're welcome Liverpool.

[/quote']

Haha thanks ,I am only holding top spot until SOP decides he wants it,my boys are all sick from the altitude some of them got nosebleeds and stuff.

Better milk this top of the league as long as we can.

Top of the league,top scorers,best goal difference,going for a treble, still under-achieving Jooles?

Tottenham 1-1 Arsenal

I'm happy enough with a point against a side like Arsenal. The stats probably suggest that Arsenal had the upper hand' date=' but I think a point was fair enough. It was two defenders that scored both goals, with Kompany bagging one for Arsenal and Lucio scoring for us. Down to 12th, but this league is still really tight, so I think we could get back into the European spots with another good run of results. Good game Said, well done mate :)

Oh, and I've changed my name :P[/quote']

Good game. Stats were pretty even but watching on scorecentre it seemed that we dominated. Joe Hart must be Superman to be saving a penalty headed for the top corner from Ronaldo.

Nice to see Scholes can't tackle in SM too, as he was sent off and his challenge puts Lampard out for 5 weeks. Kompany is also out for the same amount of time. We stay in 8th but our form really needs to pick up if we want to challenge this season. Everton up next.

Also' date=' I think my runners-up finish in the English Shield in Season 1 should be credited Jooles![/quote']Man, you know things are desperate when you're asking for the near misses to be counted! :P

I'll add a 1/2 when I get a chance but I think I did credit it you, saying that was your best season ever. Think it was my favourite season ever too, that's when everything took shape. Ah, happy memories :)

Stockport 2-1 Southend

Stockport left it late to steal all three points against Southend. Henrique put Southend ahead minutes after half-time. With twenty minutes remaining Elano set up Saviola to make it 1-1. The Brazilian then scored the winner with 3 minutes remaining.

The offer for Anthony ANNAN of Stockport County from B. Munich has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

Selling him for £6.6 million. Need the money to rearrange the team and can't ever see him rising.

The offer for Julian BAUMGARTLINGER of Mainz from Stockport County has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

This is Annans replacement. Costs just under £4million. Hes an 85 rated CM that im hoping will get a +1 in the German review.

Still in 18th place, but we are getting closer to the rest of the side above us which is good :)

Man' date=' you know things are desperate when you're asking for the near misses to be counted! :P

I'll add a 1/2 when I get a chance but I think I did credit it you, saying that was your best season ever. Think it was my favourite season ever too, that's when everything took shape. Ah, happy memories :)[/quote']

Definitely my favorite, although finishing 3rd in season 2 was a solid achievement as well. All in all, excluding our miserable season 3 performance, Forest have consistently overachieved in 7046, so I can have few complaints. Silverware would be nice, but league is and has always been the priority.

[thread=68593]The All Canadian Super Brawl Preview! [/thread]

Brilliant' date=' love it! :D Puts what I was putting together to shame so I'll leave it at that :o I guess the only critique is that you missed the opportunity of putting up a picture of Canadian beaver ;)

[center']Sexy_Canadian_Girl.jpg[/center]

Yep, we’ve had the Rumble in the Jungle, the Thriller in Manila and now brought to you exclusively by the EC7046 Winner Stays On series we bring you the Tumble on the Tundra! :eek:

Put away your Zamboni, stick on your best toque and bust out the Poutine, Nanaimo Bars, Double-Doubles and Beaver Tails for this all-Canadian clash pitting East vs. West as Boro host plucky Leyton Orient in a 25 and under (+ 1 ringer) no holds barred winner-takes-all contest, eh.

May the West man win! A mouth-watering clash with Dom's Fulham awaits :)

Definitely my favorite' date=' although finishing 3rd in season 2 was a solid achievement as well. All in all, excluding our miserable season 3 performance, Forest have consistently overachieved in 7046, so I can have few complaints. Silverware would be nice, but league is and has always been the priority.[/quote']Yeah, I know what you mean. I imagine that how I feel about our season 4 title-winning season must be pretty similar to your feelings about your 3rd place one :)

9IjGNJPNyzU

Tundra Boy

If it ain't broke don't fix it :D

Saints with a decent 5-1 win despite losing Ceto to a red card in the 27th minute' date=' Gourcuff with 2 goals & 3 assists.[/quote']

Congratulations, here, a tin of celebrations for you :rolleyes:

celebrations_tin.jpg

Moreno RODRIGO is now suspended for 1 domestic game after picking up 5 Yellow Cards in domestic competitions

Moreno RODRIGO will be sidelined after suffering an injury.
Northampton Town have lost to Southampton 5 - 1 in a thrilling Division 3 encounter.

Paulinho was on the scoresheet for his side.

SM really loves me! :)

I just read the Newspaper in 7046 about Tony Watt, the Plymouth manager said he got laughed at for saying the kid was a hot talent 6 months ago,I scouted the kid and done a forum post on him 2 years ago when he was just a 16 year old kid playing for Airdie,he was not on the database at the time.

http://forum.soccermanager.com/showthread.php?t=74464

He will be a regular for Scotland as he has bags of talent and is full of confidence.

Very strongly recommends you keep this player - One of the best players around

Key Points

Quite a young player and is already extremely highly rated

Should be commanding a starting place in your team

Is your best F RLC

Is your best AM C

This report will last until 15 November.

Paid 12 SM credits for this manager report on Messi.. state the obvious :rolleyes: