English Championship 7046 Discussion Thread

TheDuffman

Re: English Championship 7046 Discussion Thread

Had to many strikers on the books with Anelka' date=' Fletcher, Hooper and Pogrebnyak so as I only play 1 up top decided to cash in. Wesley will slot in nicely next to Kehl with Diame dropping to the bench.

Had a batch or risers come up so decided to bring in a few talents from external rather than sell them for the petty cash offers. I just can't bring myself to sell someone to external for 500k when I can get over 2m P/E.[/quote']

I was tempted to buy Wesley to add to the Brazilians at Stockport. He was pretty decent at Bremen but when I saw Palmeires relegated I stayed away from him.

Young Jamaal LASCELLES has completed his move to Liverpool, he turned down a move to Fulham in order to join up at Liverpool, who would blame him :)

I did do a scout on him for the forum a year ago, before he was added to the database http://forum.soccermanager.com/showthread.php?t=106498 so he is where he rightly belongs.

I was tempted to buy Wesley to add to the Brazilians at Stockport. He was pretty decent at Bremen but when I saw Palmeires relegated I stayed away from him.

Yeh' date=' I decided to take a punt and hope he moves. If not I'll sell him off when his bans up.

Nikita CHICHERIN has completed his move to Walsall from Dynamo Moskva in a swap deal for Tanel MELTS.

Another little money maker

Gillingham_FC.png

Hello girls im backk thanks to darlo for pointing out gills were free i coudnt miss the oppotunity of getting back in this setup! I used to manage Yeovil then peterborough and for a short time accrington and now im back at gilingham!

Welcome back in :) Stick around and I can see Gillingham getting promoted with a squad like that!

Complacency. In the last 3 games we have lost to both Shrewsbury and now Aldershot. Both teams in the relegation zone and teams that we should be beating if we want to get promoted. Not only that, we have lost Lens to an injury for 8 days :mad:

Luckily both Southampton and Watford lost, leaving us still 6 points ahead in first.

Walsall_FC_logo.gif

Derby County 1-3 Walsall

P.MICHU 2

N.ANELKA 28

Y.NAGATOMO 43

V.RUÍZ 53

Looks like Walsall are hitting form at just the right time as we record our 3rd victory on the spin and move into the top 6 for the first time this season. Next up we face rock bottom Cardiff at home where anything other than 3 points is unacceptable.

Stockport County 2-3 Tranmere Rovers

Elkeson 24

Salihovic 35

Adam 56

Cacau 65

Welliton 75

Good win at MaoaM's Stockport County, unlucky mate.

AFC Bournemouth only drew tonight so we move into the top spot. :D

After their result against Stockport County, Tranmere Rovers are now unbeaten in 10 games setting a new club record for most games unbeaten in a row.

8 wins and 2 draws in the last 10 games, before them 10 games we went 7 games without a win so we have upped our game, just hope we continue to play well for the last 6 games, Only in the top 2 by two points, anything can happen still.

Also at the start of this week we did a couple of transfers, we sold Steven Davis for £300K + Ryan Shawcross, was great to get Ryan in, he gets the armband straight away, theres another part of that deal with Riece in another set up which has evened it out.

With Shawcross coming in and a mid leaving I decided to swap Ayila Yussuf who isnt really playing for Dynamo Kyiv IRL for midfielder Franco Zuculini to keep the depth and that pretty even in our squad.

Struck a deal with Stockport for my brazilian Wellington Gum, hes now third choice CB due to Shawcross coming in, £2M plus Savic will be coming our way for him, I would say it is a deal what goes in favour of them but cash is important to us and with Savic being able to play RB aswell that also helps out a bit, there isnt that many players in our squad who have only got 1 position so we can rotate. :)

Recorded my first 2-goal margin victory since October 13th, over Newcastle United and their manager Dudeskin who has been MIA since way back when the season started. Not much to brag about, but a good boost for the team nevertheless.

Crazy how after all the hype about Fulham or Liverpool possibly winning the title this ear for the first time, it looks like it's most definitely heading to Manchester for the 4th time in 6th seasons. Not trying to undermine the Liverpool title push, but 'Pool have a far tougher stretch of games till the end of the season than United, so the odds are certainly not in their favor. 2 points is hardly an insurmountable lead though, so who knows...

As for us we're just taking things slow, no use making projections and having them get shot down again. Tough game against MK Dons on Sat followed by Benfica on Tuesday...maybe we can talk about aspirations if those games go according to plan, although my end of the season stretch is plenty terrifying in of itself (Chelsea, City, Tottenham, Everton and an overachieving Charlton)

EDIT: Forest would also like to deny 1) that the club still has any connections with the Vulcans ever since our first club legend Mario Balotelli was taken from us and denied the right to return home by the stubborn dictator in charge at Aldershot Town and 2) that even if we did still have connections with them, we would waste our time sabotaging Liverpool's title bid when they're clearly doing a fine job of that on their own, what with the club losing 2-0 to the likes of Leeds and drawing 2-2 with practically managerless Newcastle United...clearly not title winning form.

A few changes to tell that have been happening at Chesterfield

Chesterfield 3 Wycombe Wanderers 0

A brilliant win to cap off my 50th match as manager of Chesterfield (2nd longest serving manager) Good game mate :) It has been a season of ups and downs but we are currently in a purple patch with 6 game unbeaten streak (5 of which were wins)

Torbinsky always seems to be front and center of any success we do have at Chesterfield, backing up his opportunity with the captain's armband (since regular captain Mykhalyk was suspended) scoring a double and providing an assist for Paloschi's goal.

In transfer news:

Oliveira ELKESON has moved to Stockport County from Chesterfield on a deal believed to be around 3,312,000 plus Suárez JEFFREN.

good deal I thought for both sides, MaoaM got a bright Brazilian talent in Elkeson and although at the current moment, Stockport probably got the better deal but it Jeffren can fulfill some of his potential while he is in Portugal, it could be a beneficial move for us. The money was important as Chesterfield are a lower league team with little income in terms of stadium revenue, it keeps our head above water while allowing us to reinvest in youth team players.

FC Porto have sold Sérgio OLIVEIRA to Chesterfield on a deal believed to be around 960,000.

Heard good things about Oliveira, he effectively replaces Kone in our squad and hopefully has a rise at some point during my time at Chesterfield

Kazuki KUSHIBIKI has completed his move to Chesterfield from Consadole Sapporo for 200,000.

Young Japanese defender who plays in the dead last team in the J-League but his rating isn't on par with the rest of his team mates, so another hopeful riser for not a lot of money

Marin KURTIN has shocked NK Karlovac fans by moving to Chesterfield for 10,000.

A 10k investment, worth a punt. Won't be eating up too much on the wage bill

Next up is table-topping Tranmere Rovers, a tough assignment if I ever did see one but I would just like an improvement in performance since our 3-0 loss to them earlier in the season.

More transfer news at Chesterfield:

Nemanja MATIC has moved to Chesterfield from SL Benfica in an exchange deal for Sebastián CRISTÓFORO.

Pleased to get Matic into our team, since we were short of players in the heart of the defence. I was keeping an eye on Matic on how he would do since the departure of Javi Garcia to Manchester City and varying reports in the media indicate that he is doing pretty well, so much so that Benfica are going to offer Matic a new contract and a larger release clause.

The beauty of Matic is that he can play CM, DM or a holding role like Arteta at Arsenal. With the new restrictions on loan signings by SM, I felt that we needed another central midfielder. A good trade especially for Cristoforo who was a make-weight player in order to complete the deal for Sigurdsson to Northampton Town

Sean Oneill earned a draw with Everton against Manchester City.

The match ended 0 - 0 between Everton and Manchester City in their Division 1 fixture.

Well that was pretty drab... suppose i cant complain looking at the match and the vastly superior side i was up against.

In more horrific news...

Unfortunately, Leighton BAINES has been badly injured during the last game. Fractured collarbone - 7 weeks (back approx 12 January 2013)

Nooooooooo! :P

I think realisticly with the injuries ive got the Suarez and now Baines, compiled with my awful run in for the end of the season, id settle for finishing in the top 10 and a nice place in europe :)

Barnsley lose their first game in 10 matches with a 3-1 defeat away at Rotherham a result that sees the Millers climb above us into 3rd place.

It was a tight game possession wise but Rotherham created the better of the chances so i have no complaints about the result.

I am 4th in the table but still only a point off the top two so not massively damaging.

The result was only the 2nd time Barnsley have conceded 3 goals in a competitive match all season.

Swindon at Home next.

Recorded my first 2-goal margin victory since October 13th.

Crazy how after all the hype about Fulham or Liverpool possibly winning the title this ear for the first time' date=' it looks like it's most definitely heading to Manchester for the 4th time in 6th seasons.[/quote']

2) that even if we did still have connections with them' date=' we would waste our time sabotaging Liverpool's title bid when they're clearly doing a fine job of that on their own, what with the club losing 2-0 to the likes of Leeds and drawing 2-2 with practically managerless Newcastle United...clearly not title winning form.[/quote']

Nothing wrong with a defeat to Leeds they are a fine side who sit in 5th place just 7 points off the top,Newcastle I put that down to **** management.

I see someone must be bored, that battle between you,Jolly Jooles & Vic for 13th spot must just not be keeping you amused.I will remember to send you a postcard for Europe next season.:)

BOOM!Nah Man United worthy favourites they can only throw it away.